Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2009 3:34 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There's quite some action in this one^^ Muramasa isn't really bad at using the power of Ryuujin Jakka even though he just obtained it not long ago. Zaraki doesn't seem like he's gonna lose anytime soon, so obviously his opponent is going to initiate "Bankai" before going down :D Yoruichi's battle isn't as good but oh well^^

As for Yamamoto, he didn't really do much in this episode besides telling some past story. I really wish he would have more influence in battles but seeing that there are captains around him, I don't think thats gonna happen. Orihime is just too kind here, I really don't think healing Muramasa is something she should be doing considering what he has done until now >.<

For Ichigo to have to use the mask against Ryuujin Jakka, I wonder what would happen if Ryuujin Jakka is in "Bankai" mode 0.0" It couldn't be a better time to see Toshiro and his zanpakutō back in action with their "Bankai" :D There's no doubt Ichigo is going to fight Muramasa once again.
ShanaFlameDec 1, 2009 4:02 AM
Dec 1, 2009 6:42 PM

Sep 2007
Hyourinmaru able to freeze Ryuujin Jakka's flames? lolzwut?
Dec 1, 2009 6:48 PM

Sep 2009
not for very long at least. it lasted what, 5 seconds? anyways, me depressed now, it just dawned on me that Ichigo only has one move... And he uses it over and over and over. Cant ye learn anything else from your hollow alter-ego?
Dec 1, 2009 6:49 PM

May 2009
Inoue knows about arrancar's
but how about that there are no arrancar's in battle field :d
is this series getting wrong?

Dec 1, 2009 6:54 PM

Jul 2008
vanisher1 said:
Inoue knows about arrancar's
but how about that there are no arrancar's in battle field :d
is this series getting wrong?

Welcome to Bleach, the hell for continuity. Aaand for lack of originality and destinations, we head to Karakura once again, and of course, while we're at it, we have to include the Scooby gang!! So I'm guessing the rest of the arc will be: KKT fights, Muramasa (who has a Xingke-like illness?) revives this Kouga fellow, more fights with Soul Society threatened, they somehow fix the zanpakutous, more fights, one big Ichigo vs. Baddie final showdown = yay good end.

...How many episodes is this going to be, again?
Dec 1, 2009 7:26 PM

Jun 2008
Inoue, really gets on my nerves every time they end up showing her, personally i wish they would kill her character from the series.
Dec 1, 2009 7:48 PM

Jul 2008
and once again Oriihime comes and saves the day by helping the villain....wait wat? someone remind me what was the purpose of saving her from hueco mundo again? funny how she knew about the Arrancar she's the first person to break the "filler wall" in this arc

Dec 1, 2009 7:58 PM
Apr 2009
I knew Inoue was gonna heal Murumasa! What a dumbass. But once again Toshiro shows his badass skills by FREEZING Captain Comanders fire wall! Plus Kenpachi stops the Bankai sword blow with his energy, with the eye patch on!!!
Dec 1, 2009 8:01 PM
Apr 2009
blackkomodo said:
not for very long at least. it lasted what, 5 seconds? anyways, me depressed now, it just dawned on me that Ichigo only has one move... And he uses it over and over and over. Cant ye learn anything else from your hollow alter-ego?

I agree, what the hell Ichigo
Dec 1, 2009 8:12 PM

Nov 2007
What bothered me more than Inoue healing Muramasa after he just tried to cut her down was that she said she knew he was a bad guy and probably Ichigo's enemy even before she healed the guy.

I'm not a big fan of flashbacks and there were way too many in this episode for some reason. Like when they did a flashback of Muramasa getting sick and falling to the ground AS SOON AS HE WOKE UP FROM FALLING TO THE GROUND. That made no sense to me.Even the flashback of what just happened in the last few minutes of last weeks episode, that was unnecessary too.

Even when all of Soul Society and Earth are at stake still Gennryuusai does nothing, and still the other two oldest captains playfully go about helping out, never using their powers or abilities in anyway whatsoever.

Wish Yoroichi would finally use her zanpaktou for once.I'm gonna be mad if the series finishes and she is the only captain to never use one.Everyone else has to use shikai, bankai and hollow forms but she can use her white kidou and punch through everybody.

blackkomodo said:
on the note of Youroichi's zampaktou... does she even have one? I dont remember if I've ever seen her use a blade before...

All shinigami have to have a zanpaktou, the question is what did she do with hers? I don't even remember if in the pendulum arc she was using one
silentknight0083Dec 1, 2009 10:55 PM
Dec 1, 2009 8:41 PM

Sep 2009
on the note of Youroichi's zampaktou... does she even have one? I dont remember if I've ever seen her use a blade before...
Dec 1, 2009 8:53 PM

Jun 2009
blackkomodo said:

don't know but she's so badass that she doesn't need one. i wish she'd hurry up and waste haineko and tsubame though, they're starting to irritate me
Dec 1, 2009 9:10 PM

Oct 2008
Didn't like the episode, too many things didn't add up. How did Toshiro manage to freeze those flames after Ichigo in his hallow form didn't stand a chance? He's clearly not strong enough to do that. I know Inoue is nice(dumb) and all, but healing a bad guy just because he was hurt is kind of too much. And whats with Yamaji caring about how Ichigo feels and sending him off to save the day? That contradicts his usual character.
Dec 1, 2009 10:15 PM
Feb 2009
ehh didnt relel liek it
Dec 2, 2009 2:31 AM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
Hyourinmaru able to freeze Ryuujin Jakka's flames? lolzwut?

Because Hyourinmaru is the best zanpakutou there is XD
But seriously, Hyourinmaru is the strongest ice zanpakutou right so maybe it can freeze it for just a few seconds...

Ishida and the others made there appearance again but just a few minutes?

Ichigo going back to Karakura Town just like in the manga O_O
This is a signature.
Dec 2, 2009 2:56 AM

Jul 2008
blackkomodo said:
She should have one since she used to be a captain, maybe she will reveal it when the time is right.

ShiraKiryuu said:
But seriously, Hyourinmaru is the strongest ice zanpakutou right so maybe it can freeze it for just a few seconds...
That could be the only explanation i would think.
Dec 2, 2009 4:27 AM
Jun 2008
Another boring episode... anyone knows when will this filler end? im really sick of watching bleach with all this bullcrap episodes.
Dec 2, 2009 4:43 AM

Mar 2009
I was secretly hoping Muramasa was Ichigos dads Zanpaktou don't know why lol. Liked this lots of action Kenpachi is badass as usual and the omake was funny Renji just failed lol.

Dec 2, 2009 5:02 AM

Jun 2008
AddictedToAnime said:
and once again Oriihime comes and saves the day by helping the villain....wait wat? someone remind me what was the purpose of saving her from hueco mundo again? funny how she knew about the Arrancar she's the first person to break the "filler wall" in this arc

Orihime is innocent in this one. Everything that happens never happened because is a filler with no place, so she never really helped the bad guy.

Renzokuken said:
Another boring episode... anyone knows when will this filler end? im really sick of watching bleach with all this bullcrap episodes.

Consitering that the manga is slower that a turtle with crutches because Kubo is unable to make a chapter with more pages or faster rythm I will say forget about Bleach for 1-2 years because even when the fillers end after 5 episodes we will have to go to fillers again.
All this time we had fillers the manga just made 4 or 5 fast paced episodes of anime.
Dec 2, 2009 5:08 AM

Sep 2009
LOL, just see the trees when Tengen goes bankai - a todler would draw them better!
Haineko is not someone who should talk about others having not-sexy outfits. Besides, Yoruichi and not-sexy shouldn't be together in the same sentence.
Inoue's appearance couldn't be more random if they tried!
Is Ichigo too tired to attack seriously, or something? His bankai-getsuga did less damage than Kyouraku's sealed zanpakutou, not to mention what Ukitake's kido did in comparison. Of course, using shunpo 3 times up and 3-4 times forward is beyond captain's ability so it's not that bad that Ichigo couldn't do it.
Inoue mentioning arrancars - no comment.
Dec 2, 2009 5:30 AM

May 2009
Once again Orihime ruining the day. Way to develop her character .
Dec 2, 2009 5:38 AM

Apr 2009
CapnFish said:
I knew Inoue was gonna heal Murumasa! What a dumbass. But once again Toshiro shows his badass skills by FREEZING Captain Comanders fire wall! Plus Kenpachi stops the Bankai sword blow with his energy, with the eye patch on!!!

ahahahahha awesome comment man XDDDDDDDDD
it really was hilarious
Dec 2, 2009 7:21 AM

May 2008
Who bets Inoue is going to be kidnapped again?
Dec 2, 2009 8:12 AM

Apr 2009
Inoue is seriously retarded and Ichigo has has only one thing to say 'GETSUGA TENSHOU'.

Why am I still watching this >_<
Dec 2, 2009 8:15 AM

Jan 2008
Bleach got so fucking lame.
Dec 2, 2009 8:30 AM

Aug 2008
Too many things wrong with this episode, but most of them were already addressed. It's amazing how much soul society manages to hide even though everyone is centuries old. Genryuusai basically is complicit in Ichigo blaming himself, even though he could have attempted to tell anyone what was going on, but instead choose to keep his mouth and eyes shut. Furthermore, while Kyouraku and Ukitake are trying to help Ichigo escape, what is he doing? Standing there. It's his fucking sword, and he wasn't even attempting to divert its attention for a fight.

When Bleach's logic is bad, it's about the worst show I've ever seen. Everyone already talked about Hyourinmaru and Orihime, so I won't go there.

1/5
Dec 2, 2009 8:41 AM

Apr 2009
noteDhero said:

When Bleach's logic is bad, it's about the worst show I've ever seen. Everyone already talked about Hyourinmaru and Orihime, so I won't go there.

1/5

why are you watching it then ? X))
switch to onepiece, since along with brotherhood are the best shounen nowadays...
Dec 2, 2009 8:44 AM

Apr 2009
How awesome, Karakura town is fucked. Again.

Why did Orihime only think he was evil AFTER she healed him? Didn't he attack her first?

Way to Bleach, Bleach. Flashbacks of things happening 5 minutes ago are just awesome, especially in filler.
Dec 2, 2009 8:47 AM

Aug 2008
smokes said:

why are you watching it then ? X))
switch to onepiece, since along with brotherhood are the best shounen nowadays...

Because my brothers got me into it, and I can't justify dropping a show I've seen 248 episodes of. But they could and dropped it last year :(

I refuse to watch One Piece. It seems to be everything I hate about the genre rolled up into one.

No matter what people have to say about Naruto, it's the only shounen (besides random episodes of brotherhood) that pushes the right buttons for me.
Dec 2, 2009 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
^ naruto manga yes, naruto anime - no..
those flashbacks, dragging ruins the entire show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WmAUlZLzYo
this is crap, how can anyone enjoy this -_-
bleach is bad, but the anime is better than naruto ( i mean not the show, but how they make the episodes)

bleach hasnt flashbacks, dragging this long.. its a good adaptation when comes the manga episodes..
naruto fails
interesting, skipping the best popular shounen is kinda bad thing, how can you sleep at night xD
smokesDec 2, 2009 9:00 AM
Dec 2, 2009 9:02 AM

Aug 2008
I haven't really had a problem with the flashbacks in the main story of Shippuuden. As for that video, it's lame pulled out of context, but I didn't really care when I was watching it. Maybe I'm different than other people. I don't really care about action or fight scenes, since they all hit the same levels. I'll only be blown away by animation, and in watching shows like these, that's going to be a rarity. What I like these shows for is the fantastical element. The thought that I'm watching fully realized world with special powers, etc. That's why I like Naruto. I feel like everything is deliberate and a plan on the author's part. I don't feel that way with Bleach, and my feelings waver with that in Brotherhood.

edit: I don't care about popularity. That's why I was so opposed to watching both Bleach and Naruto in the beginning. What I care about is feeling like the world is fully fleshed out, a design I find aesthetically pleasing, themes that engage me, and characters I can latch onto.

One Piece is one of the ugliest shows I've ever seen, with a lead character who is the epitome of everything I hate about lead protagonists. I know that I couldn't enjoy it, even if it were decent despite those facts. And I don't care about pirates.
noteDheroDec 2, 2009 9:06 AM
Dec 2, 2009 9:12 AM

Apr 2009
i dont hate the naruto plot.. i hate the show ( not the story)

instead of enjoying it, i wanna puke when i am watching it, with the flashbacks and the childish humor ( thank God in shipuden there is not that much humor, cause he fails at it)
shipuden the first 60 episodes were very dragged out.. in 1 episode very few happened..
in bleach its the oposite ( manga episodes) there is no dragging, they animate the covers very fast, and you can enjoy the fight episodes every time..

even with the itachi fight, they put the first episode 80% flashback... morons x)

how can be onepiece ugly ? if the anime is from '98
how can this be ugly ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkVwAwIbbYo
you are hilarious x)
Dec 2, 2009 9:30 AM

Sep 2008
kind of a lame ep ... but it's fine -__-.
more like a build-up ep..

Hitsugaya being able to freeze Captain-Commander's Ruujin Jakka for a few secs is quite ok, don't see why ppl r that much against it!

I mean, isn't Hyuourinmaru the strongest Ice Zanpakatou?!

On the other hand, Inoue healing Muramasa was stupid, but again this is FILLER!

Just as to be expected of a filler ..

3/5 ..

Not really expecting much .. but I'm looking forward to Yoruichi's fight!

Dunno, how this turned out to be a comparison between Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Brotherhood ..

Shippuuden in its 1st eps was quite slow paced and had a lot of repetitive scenes but that's not the case now, so that doesn't count ...
The flashbacks in Itachi's fight was quite ok too, didn't feel annoyed by them at all.

Bleach in its manga eps is ok too ... One Piece (till ep237) is mediocre too ...
The only show that is really exciting me now is Brotherhood! other shows are kinda dull at this time ...
and hope this doesn't turn out into a fight O_O!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 2, 2009 9:34 AM

Aug 2008
I don't read manga, so of course story is going to factor in a lot to my enjoyment of a show.

I didn't find anything wrong with the pace of Naruto until the tail end of the Gaara Retrieval arc. It was too slow for me around Orochimaru's fight with Naruto also, but that might be because I just don't really care for Naruto's fights. Even if Naruto's fights drag on, the pay off is easily greater than Bleach's where the whole point will be to protect a pillar, and baldy utterly fails, and it doesn't matter. People die in Naruto. The same can't be said for Bleach. So why does it ultimately matter if the fights are quick? They can have 10 fights in the time it takes for Naruto to complete 2, but significant change happens in the former as opposed to the latter.

As for the Itachi flashbacks, I talked about why I felt it was relevant in the episode discussion. It didn't bother me in that case, and the second half-hour was great.

One-piece has a lack of uniformity in design, and plays with proportion way too much for me to find it visually pleasing. Then there's the cotton candy, circus coloring, and I just feel like I could have a seizure watching the show. One Piece doesn't look like a cohesive universe to me, and that's not something I like.
Dec 2, 2009 9:45 AM

Jul 2007
This series just = Epic fail now! What the hell happened to this anime. Its a shame cause a show like this could of had alot of potential to become great but it failed in the end. I personally only think the soul society arc was the best arc. Though some people may disagree but i thought the arancar arc was just wayyy to slow. I just wish they hurry up and kill aion and finish the series already lol.

That being said, this filler is alright for a filler. We did get to see some pretty awesome fights and some of the old characters that never really shined in the original arc. thanks to kubo not knowing how to give every character development xD

Dec 2, 2009 9:47 AM

Apr 2009
@noteDhero ^ well thats because of the huge amount of the character presented on the show.. over 200-300
so yeah, like any other mangaka's he made his simple design, just to draw them quickly..
imagine on every island design-ing over 30-40 characters...
try to design 10 different characters.. your head will hurt soon lol
unless in bleach where the action is between a couple of characters ( captains, vizards, and arancars + some random people) thats hwy kubo pwnes at designing characters... this is what he is good at..
in onepiece there is like 20x more characters..
so he designed many races in teh show so that he could imagine and design quickly more of them.. ( universe of op is like 10x bigger than bleach one)
but the main characters/villains are very awesome designed.. with style etc..
the other that are temporary its not a big deal x)
everybody hated the art at thebeginning, tho once you will get used to it you will like it.

its hilarious how you like naruto, if luffy is the same character...
maybe you just havent seen enough of it..
its a shame
Dec 2, 2009 9:56 AM

Aug 2008
I understand that in theory, but I just don't like the look of the end product. There's not much more I can say because I do get what he's trying to convey. I just think it's hideous. And I know that everyone says everyone grows to like it, but that's never true for me when it comes to character design. I hated Bleach's character designs before I started watching it (another one of the reasons I had an aversion to the show), and I generally still hate them now. A lot of the edges have been taken off with the move to widescreen, and I even thought the show looked good for one episode: where Grimmjow fights Ichigo for the first time in Karakura. But that seemed to be a total fluke, and it went back to being pretty hideous, yet generic enough to constantly annoy me. Design never grows on me. I just learn to tolerate it.

I don't like Naruto as a character. If Luffy is the worst character to me, then Naruto would be second. If Ichigo had any sort of personality then he'd be up there too, but he exists only to beat important characters, and not on any sort of coherent level as a real character.
noteDheroDec 2, 2009 9:59 AM
Dec 2, 2009 9:59 AM

Jul 2007
Tensai-Kun said:
One Piece (till ep237) is mediocre too ...

Actually i like it. Im only at around episode 80 and it's still amazes me how awesome it is. The weird wacky animation really doesn't bother me. if the characters have good development and the story is paced well. Personally i like unique animation that ODA created in the world of one piece. Its different then anything you have ever seen before.
ArtimesGamerDec 2, 2009 10:18 AM

Dec 2, 2009 10:06 AM

Jul 2008
the scene with yoruichi and the zanpaktou, was just rofl.
never saw hitsugaya beeing able to freeze the flames, i guess what ever plot device works.
plus orihime healing muramasa, what the hell?!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 2, 2009 10:16 AM

Sep 2009
Soulstrider said:
Who bets Inoue is going to be kidnapped again?

me
Dec 2, 2009 10:40 AM

Sep 2008
link9us said:
I personally only think the soul society arc was the best arc. Though some people may disagree but i thought the arancar arc was just wayyy to slow.

I personally agree with that too ^ ^
The soul society arc was the best ever!
Pendulum arc, Vizard and Arrancar first appearance arcs were the best after it.
other arcs r more mediocre to me. (Including the past Hueco Mundo arc that didn't finish yet)

link9us said:
Tensai-Kun said:

Actually i like it. Im only at around episode 80 and it's still amazes me how awesome it is. The weird wacky animation really doesn't bother me. if the characters have good development and the story is paced well. Personally i like unique animation that ODA created in the world of one piece. Its different then anything you have ever seen before.

Oh, actually I liked the eps till the end Arabasta arc, after that it started to feel mediocre to me ^ ^ ((imho))

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 2, 2009 10:52 AM

Aug 2008
I liked the Pendulum Arc best. It's the only arc with a hint of an exciting story.

I wish this show had been about Urahara and Aizen more than Ichigo and whoever is the "bad guy" at the time.
Dec 2, 2009 11:17 AM

Sep 2008
noteDhero said:
I liked the Pendulum Arc best. It's the only arc with a hint of an exciting story.

I wish this show had been about Urahara and Aizen more than Ichigo and whoever is the "bad guy" at the time.

Yeah, the Pendulum arc was one of the best, even thought it wasn't the best for me, it was one of the most exciting arcs.

I like it when they reveal some of Urahara's mysterious character, past and powers ...
but again, I don't think that'd be the case of Urahara was the main protagonist, imho ^ ^

Dec 2, 2009 11:19 AM

Aug 2008
I like smart protagonists who learn from their mistakes and know how to exercise caution. I know. It doesn't happen in shounen shows that often, but normally there is a side character that fulfills that role. It used to be Ishida, but not so much anymore.
Dec 2, 2009 11:23 AM

Apr 2009
Aaa,Muramasa is going to save his fellow and then Orihime appear...wait...WHAT?? O__O'
She came out of nowhere! by deduction she knews that this guy was a "Ichigo's enemy"?,and she knows about Arrancar there? FILLEEER WAAALL...BREAKEEER!!
Oh and look,Ishida and Chad...WHAT THE HELL?? Who's next? Ganji? Nell? Ichigo's father??

That was my only down for this fillers,the rest is better than the manga,
Dec 2, 2009 11:24 AM

Apr 2009
Tensai-Kun said:

its not kinda mediocre, its just after that episode the show surpasses bleach/naruto x)

noteDhero said:
If Ichigo had any sort of personality then he'd be up there too, but he exists only to beat important characters, and not on any sort of coherent level as a real character.

thats why ichigo kinda sux, he has no special character.. and its boring this way..
he's just ordinary... just like the majority of the bleach characters... everyone looks the same-_-

Pendulum was good, tho it was very few episodes there o_O
i was expecting some 20 episodes arc, instead they developed only urahara's character and everyone was showed only 2 minutes how they were young and thats all.. it was good, tho i expected much more than that
Dec 2, 2009 12:21 PM
Mar 2009
Holy shit Ichigo...you got so freaking stupid in this filler.
"Like this will stop me!"
*Jump*----> FAIL
"It attacked me! D="
What the hell happened to the ungodly speed that he showed during his major fight with Byakuya in the Soul Society Arc? So...much...fail...

And how many times can you use the "Karakura Town is the epitome of all and will be destroyed if the baddie has his way" story? This arc was actually pretty good in the beginning, what the hell happened?!
Dec 2, 2009 12:54 PM
Mar 2009
Boring and stupid episode. Everyone in this thread pretty much hit all the points that was wrong with it. Well, at least from what I've heard, the fillers seem like it will end at 255 (hopefully), this arc has been dragging now.
Dec 2, 2009 2:04 PM

Nov 2009
was a boring ep in my opinion ... not much happend apart of ichigo comin out and muramasa bein in the real world ... there could have been more action... and the filler wall break was weird too
LOVE AND PEACE
Dec 2, 2009 2:55 PM

Jan 2009
Ichigo is still being a dumb brute, Inoue is still being a clueless sympathetic healer, and Bleach is once again going in the same general direction -_-. I knew I shouldn't have expected anything more out of this filler XD.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 21, 2012

153 by Zorosake »»
58 minutes ago

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.