Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
KIRARA IS LOVE
No legit this episode was great in literally every single way. That beautiful henshin, that outsmarting the villain, and the fact that she turned down the Cures at the very end was just ahhhhh.

Okay, not to say that her turning down the Cures made me go "ahhhhhhh" but like, that's kinda new, y'know? Usually the girls turn down the Cures cuz of their coldness or whatever, and the reason Kirara has is actually pretty good, y'know?

Really fun and adorable episode overall. Episode 5 pls come now ;_;
ihateeveryoneFeb 21, 2015 4:07 PM
Feb 21, 2015 4:06 PM
Jan 2010
Kirarara's henshin had me absolutely swooning and her personality was super fun. That rejection, that villain outsmarting (she had me going thinking she was gonna transform), it was pretty much perfect.

She uh, kinda overshadowed Minami and HaruHaru too, I almost forgot that they existed for a bit :O
Feb 21, 2015 6:12 PM

Apr 2008
I LOVE
YOU LOVE
WE LOVE
KIRARA~!

Yeah, being obsessed with Kirara's design prior to this ep, I enjoyed this one immensely. It sadly wasn't as well-produced as episodes 1-2 (Toei Phils PLS), but Kirara was definitely the star of the show for me. Now that we've had a chance to see Kirara's personality in action, she seems like she'll be a refreshing Cure for the franchise. Although her actual introduction was pretty by the books for Precure, a lot of Kirara's actions in this ep were pretty hilarious in terms of how they subverted Precure's usual tropes. Instead of being freaked out when the Zetsuborg crashed her photo shoot, Kirara just told the villain off - in her civilian form too! She also gave HaruHaru (she's already GoPri's nickname queen) and Minami the perfume back without any hesitation. Later in the ep, Kirara proceeded to outsmart the villain and Zetsuborg, in her civilian form once again, pierced the heavens with her key and gave us one of the most fabulous henshins this franchise has seen. Zero fucks given. <3

I think what I like about Kirara is that she's really carefree, has this spontaneous cute side (she'd fit right into Fresh with her love for don-don-donuts!), but is also pretty damn focused on her goal to the point where she can come across as a bit stand-offish to the other girls. Oh right, she's also incredibly fabulous, so that helps. While undoubtedly some people may feel this takes away from the "fun" of her character (because those 2 or 3 lines she had before totally set up the expectation that she was gonna be 100% goofy), I felt like what we got in this episode made her more well-rounded. I'm sure given a few episodes she'll warm right up to the other girls and formally join their team, so perhaps the "true" Kirara is yet to come.

Also, because I know this will be a huge point of contention, I personally didn't mind Kirara's voice and felt it fit her attitude nicely - given that her seiyuu has barely had any roles prior to GoPri. That said, some of her lines did sound a tad rough, especially against a more experienced seiyuu like Haruka's. Hopefully she improves as the series goes on.

But for now...

I LOVE
YOU LOVE
WE LOVE
KIRARA~!
Don_Don_KunFeb 21, 2015 6:17 PM

Feb 22, 2015 7:06 AM

Dec 2010
Nice episode. Totally didn't expect for Kirarara to turn them down, but it does make sense given her schedule. I like her design as both a regular girl and a PreCure quite a bit! Looks like they will try to unite in the next episode!
Feb 22, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2008
When Kirara irst gave out perfume without hesitated and we could already figured out that she would refuse cause of busy schedule.
We know later that she will warm up with the others.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 22, 2015 10:52 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Kirara seems quite the fresh Precure character. Didn't expect her to deny either. So far my favorite out of the three.
Feb 22, 2015 10:59 AM

Oct 2011
Kinda good episode, but I didn't love it. Kirara really seemed jerk-ish to me, especially when she blew off Minami and Haruka at school: they said they would come back to talk after school and she said "Okay" even though she knew she had her job and she wouldn't be there. That was cold.

Nice to see her bond with Haruka and her transformation sequence is really pretty (those twinkling stars!). It isn't absurd that she refused to be a Precure (since the episode showed us that she's extremely engrossed in her job) because of how busy she is and I like that it's something unusual! I wonder why she'll change her mind and join Minami and Haruka. Looking forward to next week's episode!
Feb 22, 2015 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
What I love about this season is that the Cures are mature! Well, except for Haruka, but she's cool anyway. HappinessCharge Cures were all too childish (yes, even Iona).
Feb 22, 2015 2:40 PM

Oct 2011
this episode reminded me of Fresh - especially with Orange one doing similar things as Miki (and donut scene for some reason). problem is that I really liked Miki and here... she isn't jerk or anything but I've seen this kind of character too many times to care.
maybe if she were to join then mater (like Sunshine) and for now we would only have Blue and Pink that might work better.
Feb 22, 2015 6:11 PM
Mar 2012
Cure Twinkle, mah shining star~
Feb 24, 2015 1:38 AM

Jul 2012
That rejection... With that silly OST...

Wow... What perfect timing, AND I DID NOT EXPECT THAT!

Nevermind that, she seems... "All over the place". But her dream is really, REALLY big that she pierce the skies! (*Sobs*)

Normally I almost lost hope for the PreCure and wanting to drop one day, but god now I have a reason to stick around. Also she loves donuts.

I kind of connect the girls to the sea-sky level, leaving Kirara the sky-type, Haruka the earth/land girl, and Minami the sea-girl. IDK.. I can't get the idea off my head.

Now where's a Cure Twinkle fanart of her fighting while munching on donuts. ._.;

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Feb 24, 2015 11:22 PM

Nov 2012
and the third precure appears! ... or not. haha, i really liked kirara's transformation and attacks, and her rejecttion was quite interesting too.
Feb 25, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2011
This was a really great episode. 5 out of 5.

I'm really liking Cure Twinkle. She has a personality that w haven't seen in the show, kinda care free, and she has a nice voice. Overall I like her.

Besides Twinkle, I like were getting to see more of the area that the Cures have. I was afraid for a moment that they would only battle in the school area. So it's good to see that there is a town near the school.

Now back to Twinkle. The transformation was great. It was just amazing. I guesses my only complete about it is I'm herring like 2 or 4 other Precure transformation sounds. I heard Smile, Suite, and maybe 1 or 2 more I can't pin point. It's not a big deal and I know Precure reuses sound affects all the time. So just something I note on.

Well the episodes ended with her turning down being a Precure. That I don't think has ever happened before. A few have tried to leave, but none just gave up like that. So next weeks episode should be good.
Feb 27, 2015 4:45 AM

Apr 2010
She'll come around, they always do :P
Apr 22, 2015 4:51 AM

Jul 2008
Best episode so far.

Kirara's transformation was stunning and her personality balances well with the other girls.

The way the BGM just stopped when she rejected them at the end was really funny.
May 13, 2015 7:04 PM

Nov 2010
So I suppose I'm not the only one who is a fan of Kirara. Ha ha!``

Actually, I'm liking this anime more than I thought that I would.
Dec 20, 2016 3:13 AM

Jun 2014
Kirara is such a great character, I lover her already.
Especially at the end, when she gives her tranaformation device back, because she just wanted to kick that guy's butt.
She has no time to save the world, she is way too busy for that shit.
Mar 21, 2017 6:22 PM

Jul 2010
silverwalls said:
and the third precure appears! ... or not. haha, i really liked kirara's transformation and attacks, and her rejecttion was quite interesting too.

She's a cutie :P probably my favorite transformation so far.
Mar 27, 2017 1:44 AM

Nov 2011
Man, that rejection stunned me. I definitely didn't see that one coming. I guess that does fit her seeming pragmatism though.

Kirara definitely had the potential to be my favorite of the three. She has lots of charisma and her Cure form might be my favorite too.
Mar 19, 2019 12:10 PM

Mar 2017
Oh man, Kirara is just great! I love her already! What a great introductory episode for her. The fight was a bit more interesting again and I like how Kirara is so awesome, she even kicked ass without transforming. I expect the relationship between the Precure to be tested, with her being all stubborn about her work, but I am sure it will all work out.
Aug 7, 2021 2:28 AM

Feb 2020
Nice episode. Cure Twinkle is gorgeous!

Lol at Aroma.

SerafosFeb 19, 11:29 AM
Apr 16, 2022 2:37 AM
Feb 2018
Wait, so it's possible to give back your transformation item after using it? I know Kirara will join eventually but it'd also be interesting to have a "temporary" Cure that gets replaced due to whatever reason. Feel like it'd open many options for scenes. Not something I want to be the norm but definitely something I wouldn't mind seeing a few times.
Oct 2, 2023 1:11 PM
Oct 2023
KIRARAAAAAAAAAAA
KIRARA MARRY ME ILY SMMM GIRL ILY

anyways, great ep
Dec 15, 2023 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
Whenever I hear the beginning of track 5 in the OST (Good day) I think it's the opening theme of Octopath Traveler lmao. It has the same strings at the start. Listening to the first few seconds of both back to back can you blame me? :p

Amanogawa's definitely my new favorite character so far.

That drop kick "from the stars" was epic lol.
Feb 5, 9:49 AM
Mar 2022
kirara UNBOTHERED QUEEN i love her.
-haiii glad to work with you as precures! together!
-Wow haha.... i kinda dont care ^_^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 21 Discussion

Kaengel - Jun 28, 2015

9 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 16 Discussion

Ryuu_Hou-ou - May 18, 2015

10 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 14 Discussion

silverwalls - May 4, 2015

13 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 12 Discussion

megmica - Apr 18, 2015

16 by pendr4gonz »»
Feb 20, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 7 Discussion

Akarin - Mar 15, 2015

16 by TlordGaming »»
Feb 8, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.