Forum Settings
Forums

'Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki' to Air Summer 2015

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 19, 2015 1:42 PM

Oct 2007
Hoppy said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Overrated and tired. The industry has been milking Urobuchi and Nasus name ridiculously hard of late but i can barely take them seriously at this point and see them as just popular names to attract people and get them all hyped up. Theres nothing particularly special or noteworthy about any of them other than their extended popularity with past hyped up hits and its not exactly like they're particularly scarce these days either. Its just boring seeing them thrown together on these projects and far from a guarantee its going to result in some masterpiece based off of some cell phone game. I mean yeah Shingeki no Bahamut was surprisingly fun but hardly a masterpiece. Tanime just no logical reason to expect anything special out of a show some hyped up overexposed writers are designing using the results of a tabletop game. Plus I'm sick to death of all this meta anime crap of late. Is the industry so full of cynicism at this point that its incapable of just telling a good old fashioned story without resulting to these gimmicks and tired list of overhyped names? Its just becoming increasingly insulting by the season at least to me.

edit: and from the sounds of it they aren't even writing it at all, its Shou Aikatsu who is extremely hut or miss. It sounds like the anime industry is just so bloody desperate at this point that it will do literally anything to get popular names on a project even if they barely have anything to do withit beyond the crcreative phase and even when its just based on a board game result. Pathetic.

There's almost nothing easy left to adapt, so they go to the very bottom of the barrel to milk the last of what they think is easy money and a cheap adaptation. Problem is, by doing so, the failure rate in sales and quality is rising into the 90% range. The only way the industry can survive to take a risk, accept a challenge, and adapt series they wouldn't normally take instead of the status quo.

Lets take mobile adaptations for a good example

Zettai Bouei Leviathan: Flopped in sales and the anime turned out average.

Fantasista Doll: A disaster in all aspects even the timeslot was a disaster.

Girlfriend (Kari): An ok adaptation but would've fared a lot better if it had a solid premise. It didn't sell well.

Chain Chronicle shorts: Worst shorts ever made.

Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls: A disappointment and a half, it would've been stellar with better writing and a better main cast, they managed to put a cast full of mostly worst girls. Also, the focus on Rin, Uzuki, and Mio wasn't the best idea either as Mio is crap and Rin is boring.

I thought iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls was wildly popular and well received in Japan. Not on the level of the second Love Live season, but the fans seem very vocal in the positive about it and like they're saving most of the bile for everything else. I mean there's some sentiment in the Western fandom that they chose the wrong characters to focus on and I can see no particular sign that anyone other than Rin and the Producer are popular anywhere with regard to the anime adaptation period, but I though this was doing extremely well over there.

I also find it funny the lack of general interest in this project with all those popular names involved unless I'm not giving people enough credit and the skepticism has finally started to set in now. I mean even just reading it's pretty obvious that none of them are particularly taking coming up with ideas for this project seriously and are putting their best foots forward on it and also just a quick read of the fine print shows how involved they are going to be with the anime beyond it's earliest creative phases. Honestly I just do not understand the point of how these people are being used at this rate or why they are needed to play a table top game to come up with ideas other than it gets their name somewhere in the project versus some other random lesser hyped writer doing the exact same thing with the same results. Like at this point they seriously are just names the way they are getting used for these projects.

Like if Urobuchi or Nasu is actually going to sit down and write some scripts for this project then okay fine then we can start talking about their involvement and what it might mean a little more seriously, but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case and seeing how Urobuchi in particular is being used of late with things like Aldnoah, Gunslinger Stratos, Suisei no Gargantia I severely doubt he's seriously involved with this one either.

I don't know, I've just never seen someone credited as a major creative force and genius within the industry who seems to take his own apparent projects less seriously and contribute so little to the actual final result yet get so much credit, praise, popularity and adoration from the fanbase and this curious assurance and belief that anything he's remotely involved in will be a masterpiece as Gen Urobuchi in particular. Nasu is getting used in this capacity particularly often of late as well I feel or at least the Type/Moon brand (Nitroplus in Urobuchi's case). It's a really weird trend the industry has been on of late and I'm wondering where the logical end comes from. Like does Urobuchi just throws a memo into the trash with a sentence long blurb he came up with as a joke, some producer pulls it out, asks him if he can use it and build an anime concept off of it and then we get another "From the creative mind of Gen Urobuchi comes a......" type of promo cause at this point I wouldn't really discount such a scenario.
Feb 19, 2015 1:49 PM

Oct 2007
Apparently now I'm hearing that these people were just sort of invited to be beta testers for the table top game and that some of the ideas they came up with during the session might be used for the anime and LN adaptations but that they didn't even create the characters themselves, just picked and role played them in a test session. So they pretty much really are just being used for promotional purposes if that's the case.
Feb 19, 2015 1:57 PM

Mar 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Apparently now I'm hearing that these people were just sort of invited to be beta testers for the table top game and that some of the ideas they came up with during the session might be used for the anime and LN adaptations but that they didn't even create the characters themselves, just picked and role played them in a test session. So they pretty much really are just being used for promotional purposes if that's the case.
I think you're confused with what "role-playing" means at this point.
Feb 19, 2015 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
It looks interesting.
Feb 19, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 2011
I actually kind of like the idea but im sure the execution probably isn't great. the whole role-playing aspect could help keep things interesting and less predictable and possibly less plot armor...... doubt it though
Feb 19, 2015 2:08 PM

Jul 2014
Looks like AOTY. A must watch.
Feb 19, 2015 2:17 PM
Oct 2012
Kinoko nasu... And Gen urobuchi(i lol'd at (fate/zero)
>implying that urobuchi created fate/zero

though,that might go well.
Feb 19, 2015 2:21 PM

Nov 2013
Sounds like the best anime ever. They should have filmed the tabletop rpg sessions and aired them as specials, though.
Feb 19, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
I don't know this should be good or bad

But keep positive thinking for now
Feb 19, 2015 2:57 PM

Jul 2013
with that list of writers it's hard not to get hyped up but i know better
Feb 19, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2011
I have issues with Izuki and this looks like a hit or miss.

But I'm hoping for a hit, I like how it already looks flashy. And the premise interests me, very RPG-like. Maybe we'll get a decent RPG game adaptation for once? If this turns out well it will be quite good I think. :D
Feb 19, 2015 7:30 PM

Aug 2013
This is either going to be the greatest anime to be produced in years....................or it's going to be Glasslip/Tokyo Ghoul/Pupa tier bad.
Feb 19, 2015 7:34 PM

Oct 2007
Jonesy974 said:
This is either going to be the greatest anime to be produced in years....................or it's going to be Glasslip/Tokyo Ghoul/Pupa tier bad.

Or it's you know...probably just going to be a mediocre action series which puts more emphasis on fanservice and tired otaku pandering than action and compelling characters and storytelling that is actually a commercial for some other product
Feb 19, 2015 7:40 PM

Nov 2009
Sounds really promising, Will keep up with the progress of this for sure.
Feb 19, 2015 7:43 PM

Sep 2010
The hype is strong in this one.

Feb 19, 2015 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
OMG GIN UROBOOCHI!!!!!

HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!
Feb 19, 2015 8:03 PM

Oct 2007
F0XFIRE said:
OMG GIN UROBOOCHI!!!!!

HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!

Yeah like I really hope people realize he's not actually involved with this beyond the very early creative phase as they're doing their whole usual hype thing they do whenever he's name dropped. I mean come on people try not to be this gullible.....I mean if all it takes at this point is throwing one name at people constantly to get them thinking that a project is on the verge of greatness than what is the point even anymore.

poff said:

How? Why? Serious question.
Feb 19, 2015 8:31 PM

Apr 2007
I forgot this whole thing existed.

Most people are only complaining about the fox girl, but that blonde guy (Nasu's character) looks too much like a mix of Ragna and Jin from Blazblue. Actually all the designs look bad/average except Narita's character (the...robot thing). Nothing good here .-.
Feb 19, 2015 8:51 PM
Mar 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
poff said:

Simple. The setting and plot progression is well thought out, especially for a table top RPG. It was actually quite hilarious seeing the players' reactions and commentaries throughout the game. And it looks like people are complaining about the design of just one character, and because of that, the series is considered shit? However, I can't deny that wish fulfillment common in medieval fantasies plays a major role in Red Dragon, and if that trope is not to your liking, that's understandable.

Also, here are some more PVs of the original game, I'm sure we're familiar with this sexily masculine voice.

Feb 19, 2015 8:57 PM

Jan 2014
Sounds fun, i will give it a try.
Feb 19, 2015 9:04 PM
May 2012
Well, I like the art.
Will watch.
Feb 19, 2015 9:05 PM
Dec 2013
LOL.

"The results of their tabletop role-playing game sessions over six days created material for a seven-volume light novel series."

I'll check it out, especially considering what those who have created this have worked on.

:)
Feb 19, 2015 9:17 PM

Dec 2012
hmm ok
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Feb 19, 2015 9:52 PM

Apr 2014
Sounds legit
Feb 20, 2015 12:10 AM

Apr 2014
Jonesy974 said:

Tokyo ghoul sold 4.3k disk and is rated 8.10. How is it even close to bad as those two?

Stop trying to be dumb.
Feb 20, 2015 4:23 AM
Feb 2013
Zeiadn said:

He wrote the light novels that the 2 season anime is based off so yeah, he's the creator of Fate/Zero portion of the Fate series.
prawnprowlerFeb 20, 2015 4:39 AM
Feb 20, 2015 7:15 AM

Sep 2011
That's cool I guess. If it's anything like Shingeki no Bahamut then I'm all in.
Feb 20, 2015 7:33 AM

Aug 2014
LastChapter said:

Also, here are some more PVs of the original game, I'm sure we're familiar with this sexily masculine voice.

lol Jouji Nakata
that voicing
Zeiadn said:

Uh.....he did?
A collaboration with Nasu, yeah, but he was the main writer.
Kolios said:

What are you talking about? Nasu has only the Fate franchise which has at most 2-3 anime. There's no "milking".

Nasu, or at least Type-Moon is milked as hell.
And he has Kara no Kyoukai as well.
InsertanamehereFeb 20, 2015 7:37 AM
Feb 20, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2007
LastChapter said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Simple. The setting and plot progression is well thought out, especially for a table top RPG. It was actually quite hilarious seeing the players' reactions and commentaries throughout the game. And it looks like people are complaining about the design of just one character, and because of that, the series is considered shit? However, I can't deny that wish fulfillment common in medieval fantasies plays a major role in Red Dragon, and if that trope is not to your liking, that's understandable.

All it seems like they're trying to do is bait people into watching a probably mediocre ill conceived action series by throwing the same old popular names they always do out there. I can't even begin to fathom why people still fall for this marketing gimmick and automatically expect something good out of it. It doesn't even make logical sense even if you like stuff these people actually wrote in the past (which IMO is stuff that really isn't all that special anyway beyond just how much dumb hype people generated over it) because their involvement pretty much ends at just playing the board game and throwing out some ideas. Like there's literally nothing I see to get all hyped up about yet. Then again I don't really get hyped up about things because IMO hype is a dumb empty meaningless state of being that unless you have really really low standards is just going to lead to disappointment anyway.

Those trailers also show pretty much nothing beyond just some sketches which they could have just as easily uploaded as pictures. Like literally all this project has going for it right now if one is so inclined to consider this a positive is just some overexposed names by people that really haven't done all that much beyond just be popular names in a while. I mean what's even the point? Honest question.
PeacingOutFeb 20, 2015 12:53 PM
Feb 21, 2015 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
hit or miss but I'll be optimistic
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 21, 2015 8:55 AM

Nov 2010
Well, I thought this RP was dated few/several years ago? Kind of surprised that they made that into anime now.

I know you're always present in most "hating the popular trend" bandwagon, Kaioshin. However, I think you should put less effort on trying to over-analyze an announcement which has barely nothing to decide yet (except probably synopsis, casts or clothes design if you're into that). Noone can credibly state this will be good or not at this point, and let's just wait until it finally airs. Hell I care if it was made from tabletop RP or from some 7-years old doodles. If it's good, it's good, even if it's marketed with publicity gimmics.

About Gen Uro, while I do agree that his story is not always brilliant and his lack of involvement in some of projects with his name on it was kinda disappointing, he's a very skilled writer (especially if you check his writings in its original language and read some of his works which was not made into anime) and definetely not a problem of the industry which you should focus on. Shame for A-1 for overly hyping his name alone when he's barely involved, but compared to the majority of anime those works are still on mid level quality at worst.
Feb 21, 2015 10:15 AM
Nov 2010
This doesn't sound or look like it's going to be good. I'll wait for some more stuff to decide.
Feb 23, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
tsubasalover said:
Chaos Dragon will be based on the role-playing fiction project Red Dragon, a story which was created by five notable character designers: Gen Urobochi

Notable character designer? Urobuchi? Did I miss something?

Maybe they mean he's (along with Nasu and Narita) writing the character's personality, describing his appearance, or at most sketch it for the one who did the anime illustration. I don't think they meant that they illustrate the final character drawings themselves. It's not their specialty.

....looking at the PV I can already guess which character designed by which person XD
Feb 25, 2015 10:32 PM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:
Jonesy974 said:

Tokyo ghoul sold 4.3k disk and is rated 8.10. How is it even close to bad as those two?

Stop trying to be dumb.

First of all, the anime only sold decently. Nowhere near as well as the manga, and certainly not even as well as other recent shows with less hype. Second an 8.10 on MAL literally doesn't mean shit. By no means do decent sales and a hyped MAL rating mean a show is good.

Bottom line, TG anime is shit.

Stop trying to be dumb? Stop being a butturt fanboy.
Feb 26, 2015 11:26 AM

Oct 2013
zeroyuki92 said:
Well, I thought this RP was dated few/several years ago? Kind of surprised that they made that into anime now.

I know you're always present in most "hating the popular trend" bandwagon, Kaioshin. However, I think you should put less effort on trying to over-analyze an announcement which has barely nothing to decide yet (except probably synopsis, casts or clothes design if you're into that). Noone can credibly state this will be good or not at this point, and let's just wait until it finally airs. Hell I care if it was made from tabletop RP or from some 7-years old doodles. If it's good, it's good, even if it's marketed with publicity gimmics.

About Gen Uro, while I do agree that his story is not always brilliant and his lack of involvement in some of projects with his name on it was kinda disappointing, he's a very skilled writer (especially if you check his writings in its original language and read some of his works which was not made into anime) and definetely not a problem of the industry which you should focus on. Shame for A-1 for overly hyping his name alone when he's barely involved, but compared to the majority of anime those works are still on mid level quality at worst.

Yeah. This RP was dated few/several years ago. And is very fun to follow each character. This is what one would expect from a RPG campaign. And it's cool to see how each character reflects very well the style of the author. To resolve doubts, the authors build their characters from the beginning (so much so that the Nasu had that have a slave, but changed for a maid tsun), and the anime's storyboard will be based on all the material obtained in their 6 nights (I think) of RPG.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Feb 26, 2015 6:52 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Holy hypefest, Batman! PTW'd.
Though I could've come up with that plot with just 5 minutes or so of playing the TRPG.
Feb 27, 2015 7:41 AM

Mar 2008
Why did nobody tell me that Hitoshi Sakimoto made the soundtrack for Red Dragon!??? If you like the Final Fantasy Tactics/ Ogre Battle music this is a must listen:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1yOE0m_0otTDMF8_HOheqsZTd7dHCiU3
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Feb 27, 2015 8:02 AM

Apr 2014
Jonesy974 said:
First of all, the anime only sold decently. Nowhere near as well as the manga, and certainly not even as well as other recent shows with less hype.

Neither did Magi or Nanatsu no Taizai. Both had great manga sales but the discs sales were average so going by your logic does that mean both were shit?
Jonesy974 said:
Second an 8.10 on MAL literally doesn't mean shit. By no means do decent sales and a hyped MAL rating mean a show is good.

You put it in the same category as Pupa and Glasslip which is silly because MAL would never rate shows like those two high.
Jonesy974 said:
Bottom line, TG anime is shit.

Keep saying that to yourself.
Jonesy974 said:
Stop trying to be dumb? Stop being a butturt fanboy.

lol so mad.
Feb 28, 2015 4:06 AM

Jul 2007
This won't be as shitty as Tokyo FAIL anime(fk you Studio Pierrot), because it has a great studio and very good writers behind it.

And even if writing somehow for some reason would fail, the animation and style will still be great, because silverlink is brilliant at those things
Feb 28, 2015 9:17 PM
Jul 2013
The synopsis doesn't seem good, well, I'll watch it anyways. Urobuchi and Kinoko :D
Feb 28, 2015 9:27 PM
Oct 2010
Nasu? Will be terrible confirmed.
Mar 1, 2015 4:25 PM

Oct 2013
skudoops said:
Nasu? Will be terrible confirmed.

Oh, can you explain why?
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Mar 13, 2015 7:22 AM
Jan 2013
Urobutcher is one of the creators? Oh boy...
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Mar 20, 2015 4:27 AM

Oct 2012
Looks like touhou at first
Right one looks like Aya and left is Koishi xD

Wow Urobutcher
So this will be the light-hearted anime, yeah!! xD
Rayl1ghtMar 20, 2015 5:06 AM
"Signature removed"
Mar 20, 2015 5:20 AM

Apr 2012
Epic stuff, though...

vodall said:
This sounds terrible and basically summarizes why I can't take these writers seriously. A tabletop game to decide the events of the series? Really?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

13 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

10 by Deoxyribo9 »»
Today, 6:55 AM

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.