Aug 2013
what do you think ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2015 8:35 AM

Dec 2013
God no.
Feb 14, 2015 9:00 AM

Nov 2010
On this site? Sure, it definitely doesn't deserve a 6. More like a 7.3 but it hasn't shown much to show that it deserves higher than that. The show has potential but we've gotta wait to see it, then we can decide whether it's underrated. And all the people who rated it low and dropped it on the first couple of episodes scores won't count so it will no doubt rise when it ends.
Feb 14, 2015 9:06 AM

Oct 2014
I personally feel it's pretty underrated too, quite honestly. But, eh, what are ya' gonna do?
Feb 14, 2015 9:18 AM
Jan 2014
yes i think

interesting plot ,characters , development , unique power , story will undoubtedly get better. Great voice cast for characters who are rather colorful. The animation for the series makes me feel it's been given a low budget to work with but is not actually bad its ok think
But if you can overlook the animation, the series is decent in all other aspects. Animation is it's one problem in my opinion, the story has a little slow but good and it will be more interesting after the episode 16 . So I would say give it a shot if the animation doesn't scare you away.
Feb 14, 2015 4:37 PM

Jul 2010
i think it does fit around the 6-7 range...
Feb 14, 2015 5:10 PM

Mar 2012
I thought I was the only one thinking this! I know how you feel. It kinda has a bit of a kid-genre animation but I think that the story is great, as well as the fights. It's pretty original in my opinion.

I guess people don't like this type of anime much, I wasn't expecting it to be this good in the beginning too but during the development of the story I realized I was completely wrong.
I'm truly happy that this is gonna have 2 more cours! But I guess in Japan this is super popular or else they wouldn't do a straight 4 cour anime so I'm even hoping for a sequel after. I'm also thinking in reading the manga because this is getting extremely interesting.
Feb 14, 2015 5:59 PM

Sep 2013
People these days only want super animation and plot, guess they forgot all the anime from the 80's and 90's are just like world trigger and they consider them masterpieces XD
Feb 14, 2015 6:14 PM

Jun 2014
God forbid we get a 50 episode show that isn't an idol show. I personally like it, but I don't think it has shown anything that really makes it an amazing show. Personally, I hope it goes on longer than 50 episodes, but that might be just me.
Feb 14, 2015 6:15 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I think the score it has here is (6.78) fine, but, well, there's still 30+ episodes to go (still amazed this is going to have 50 episodes). It may change my (and other's) mind about the series.
Feb 14, 2015 6:18 PM

Jun 2014
BatoKusanagi said:
I think the score it has here is (6.78) fine, but, well, there's still 30+ episodes to go (still amazed this is going to have 50 episodes). It may change my (and other's) mind about the series.

Yeah, if they removed the really slow pacing this probably could of been like 26 episodes. Though, I kinda like the slow pacing this show has because I like when anime go on somewhat longer and feel more anime could try it as long as the material is fine.
Feb 14, 2015 6:31 PM

Oct 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
BatoKusanagi said:

Yeah, if they removed the really slow pacing this probably could of been like 26 episodes. Though, I kinda like the slow pacing this show has because I like when anime go on somewhat longer and feel more anime could try it as long as the material is fine.

World Trigger only could go to 26 episodes if it did 4 chapters per episode, and that is basically Tokyo Ghoul pacing, so you would see a lot of stuff cut out of the anime.
The anime right now has a 2 chapters per episode pacing. Better than that would be increasing half a chapter, making 40 episodes instead of 50.
(Note: Last episode, episode 17, adapted 2.3 chapters. more specific, 2 chapters and 5 more pages.)

I love the original content that is added to the story, so I like this pacing, it improves the feeling of the story by a lot. So I'm totally in favor of 50 episodes.
I hope they don't stop at this number though, and extend the anime to adapt more content from the manga.
bigivelfhqFeb 14, 2015 6:37 PM
Feb 14, 2015 6:33 PM

Jun 2014
bigivelfhq said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

World Trigger only could go to 26 episodes if it did 4 chapters per episode, and that is basically Tokyo Ghoul pacing, so you would see a lot of stuff cut out of the anime.
The anime right now has a 2 chapters per episode pacing. Better than that would be increasing half a chapter, making 40 episodes instead of 50.

I love the original content that is added to the story, so I like this pacing, it improves the feeling of the story by a lot. So I'm totally in favor of 50 episodes.
I hope they don't stop at this number though, and extend the anime to adapt more content from the manga.

In your opinion, will this go longer than 50? I was hoping for maybe a 5 cour anime, so 62 episodes < For example.
Feb 14, 2015 6:44 PM

Nov 2010
bigivelfhq said:
Toei needs to bring back Toriko soon though.
Feb 14, 2015 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
bigivelfhq said:

In your opinion, will this go longer than 50? I was hoping for maybe a 5 cour anime, so 62 episodes < For example.

It depend on a lot of things, from popularity to the studio wanting to put something else in that timeslot.

Toei already made some anime divided by parts. Like each part taking around 1 year(50 episodes). T
hat happened with Digimon Xros(each having around 2-cours), Taken Driland(1 being 3-cours and the other 1 year(4-cours)) and with Saint Seiya Omega(each having around 1 year) and others.
If I think it will happen for World Trigger? I hope it does. I totally hope that the best arc being adapted in this 50 episodes increases even more the current popularity the title has, enabling it to have at least 1 more part(and with that part more and better production values).

A 5 cour anime I don't believe, but is not impossible. With World Trigger though, how the things go about, I don't think having 62 episodes help in anything. With the current pacing that would mean adapt 124 chapters. I'm certain that in 124 chapters the manga will still be in a rather inconclusive place, a worse place than in 100 chapters(right now the story is in chapter 91 and in the middle of an arc. I estimate that the arc ends around chapter 100).

I would love to see all the story of World Trigger completed. I believe that the manga has story for around 2 to 3 years of anime, going by 2 chapters per episode(around 200 to 300 chapters).
So I would love to see 2 more parts for World Trigger.
Feb 14, 2015 9:01 PM

May 2010
I've really enjoyed it so far. I think its gotten better as it has progressed. My only complaint is that it seem like episodes are really short....
Feb 15, 2015 7:05 AM

Sep 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
bigivelfhq said:

Toei can handle multiple series (especially with this type of quality), the best chance toriko has to come back is when dbz kai ends.
Feb 15, 2015 10:54 AM

Oct 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
bigivelfhq said:

While Toriko is also from Toei, it has nothing to do with World Trigger.
World Trigger is from TV Asahi while Toriko is from Fuji TV.

Toriko was airing in the Big 9 timelsot, but it seems like Toei is preparing to show Gegege no Kitaro(if the rumors are true) after Dragon Ball Kai.
Gegege no Kitaro is like thousands of time more popular than Toriko, so if the rumors are true, Toriko will only be able to continue after Kitaro, but that normally has adaptations of 1 to 2 years.

Interesting but a little unrelated info: Toei has 2 anime in 3 of the biggest TV channels of Japan.
Fuji TV - Dragon Ball Kai, One Piece
TV Asahi - World Trigger, Go! Princess Precure
TV Tokyo - Majin Bone, Marvel Disk Wars: Avengers

Before it also had an anime in NTV, Kindaichi, unfortunately there is no enough source material and so Kindaichi aired only for 2 seasons.

Next season it will get 2 more animes. Digimon Tri(Probably Fuji TV) and Saint Seiya Soul of Gold(TV Asahi and/or niconico(online)).
Feb 15, 2015 11:27 AM

Sep 2011
I agree... partially.
First, the raw material of the manga is excelent (also underrated in wsj) and the anime made some work translate it, in terms of pacing principally (i know some people claim that it's a slow translation from the manga, but for me, works). The problem is the quality of animation. I know that every work has a limited budget but the first episode was so bad in that aspect, that people dropped it entirely for that reason.
In the end, It's a correct work.
Feb 15, 2015 2:12 PM
Feb 2015
The manga is underrated, sure, but the anime is where it's belong (poor).

The point of anime is for animation, which is lacking. Sound is also weird sometimes. The character design is simple enough that it's weird that Toei cannot even get faces consistently. People speculate that WT has no dedicated team, but gets leftover teams such that key animators have no time to learn the character designs and get used to them. 6 is a fitting score for a half-assed job, IMHO, that is 5 for the mangaka, 1 for Toei.

bigivelfhq said:

Not quite. Chapter 84 is a nice stopping point for 26 eps, so 3.2 chapters per episode. 3.2 chapter/ep is perfect actually, especially since the anime doesn't have an ending song. All Toei needs to do is to cut the 4 minute recaps/ep to get that much content.

My theory is that it was originally planned for 26 eps but midways, the production team was told to stretch it to 50. That's why the earlier episodes are the worst in terms of pacing.
Feb 15, 2015 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
p-kun said:

bigivelfhq said:

Not quite. Chapter 84 is a nice stopping point for 26 eps, so 3.2 chapters per episode. 3.2 chapter/ep is perfect actually, especially since the anime doesn't have an ending song. All Toei needs to do is to cut the 4 minute recaps/ep to get that much content.

My theory is that it was originally planned for 26 eps but midways, the production team was told to stretch it to 50. That's why the earlier episodes are the worst in terms of pacing.

The thing about 26 episodes was about covering the same ground that the 50 will. Giving that Toei animation is adapting 2 chapters per episode to a T. Episode 17 ended in the middle of chapter 35. Then you have that it will adapt around 100 chapters.
With 3.2 chapters per episode(that is not has perfect has you think. Haikyuu!! and Kuroko had that pacing and they had to cut some content out) it would need 31 episodes.

The problem with your theory is the fact that there exist a producer in a production team. It is his work to make sure that sudden big changes and problems don't occur.
Also the fact that the series airs in TV Asahi where Toei has exclusive timeslots(in reality, Toei mainly has exclusive timeslots for their series in all TV channels they work). This means that all programming in that timeslot is done by Toei and TV Asahi solely. There is no sudden notifications about other series, from other companies, that should be ready, but delayed.
So the only way for your theory to work is if TV Asahi, Toei and the producer for the project to be incompetents or at least negligent in this situation.
Also the first episodes aren't bad in term of pacing. What can be complained is direction and script writing.
Let's see:
1st episode - 1st chapter that is 3 times bigger than normal. So equivalent of 3 chapters.
2nd episode - 2 chapters that are longer than normal, making equivalent of 2.5 chapters.
3rd episode -2.6 chapters.
4th episode - 2.2 chapters.
5th episode - 2.2 chapters.

Episode 5 ended exactly at the end of chapter 10. There was no extension of the norm. In reality at the beginning they were adapting things faster, later they slowed down a little bit, mainly when they got to Tamakoma Branch, only increasing the pacing again when the fights of the black trigger retrieval arc.

So no, there was no original 26 episodes and midway stretched. The main problem of the beginning his how to properly fill certain parts of the episode when there are so many limitations in production value. Doing an amazing episode with that is possible, but is really hard. It seems more like the staff was getting accustomed with the environment they were working at and with time they started to improve.
For example at episode 5, there is that scene where in the HQ they question Osamu and it takes 1 minute with almost no movement(animation) from anyone. That scene was obviously made to bring suspense, but it was extended to much. That scene with that level of animation should have took around half of the time that it had. But note how that would only provide 30 seconds. that time could easily be expended in the recap, in the end, in a simple original scene(or group of original scenes) or even by increasing by a little time a group of existent scenes. It would be easy to find 30 scenes in the episode and increase each one by 1 second.
Obviously the problem was the direction and not the pacing. Every other scene in the episode flowed well.
bigivelfhqFeb 15, 2015 5:43 PM
Feb 15, 2015 7:17 PM
Feb 2015
bigivelfhq said:

The thing about 26 episodes was about covering the same ground that the 50 will. Giving that Toei animation is adapting 2 chapters per episode to a T. Episode 17 ended in the middle of chapter 35. Then you have that it will adapt around 100 chapters.
With 3.2 chapters per episode(that is not has perfect has you think. Haikyuu!! and Kuroko had that pacing and they had to cut some content out) it would need 31 episodes.

Obviously the problem was the direction and not the pacing. Every other scene in the episode flowed well.

WT has no endings, so give it an extra 1.5 minutes/ep. I'm not aware that Haikyuu has pacing issue, can you enlighten me? IIRC Haikyuu!! has busy background, which is why some funny background stuff are not animated, but otherwise, everything is in. Many of the background events are animated too IIRC, so this stretches the adaptation. I don't remember how many chapters the anime covers though. I didn't watch Kuroko's anime (only read the manga) so I don't know.

Also, maybe because I read fast, so I expect battles are finished as fast as Yuuma's battle in ep 1 (5 pages for 5 seconds or so). That's why I thought 3.2 chapters/ep will be just fine, after all it's only 0.2 chapter more than the usual golden ratio of 3 chapters/ep. The flow of battles in recent eps are excruciatingly slow for me (I want the ep 1 battle speed back dammit!).
Feb 15, 2015 10:11 PM

Oct 2013
p-kun said:
bigivelfhq said:

WT has no endings, so give it an extra 1.5 minutes/ep. I'm not aware that Haikyuu has pacing issue, can you enlighten me? IIRC Haikyuu!! has busy background, which is why some funny background stuff are not animated, but otherwise, everything is in. Many of the background events are animated too IIRC, so this stretches the adaptation. I don't remember how many chapters the anime covers though. I didn't watch Kuroko's anime (only read the manga) so I don't know.

Also, maybe because I read fast, so I expect battles are finished as fast as Yuuma's battle in ep 1 (5 pages for 5 seconds or so). That's why I thought 3.2 chapters/ep will be just fine, after all it's only 0.2 chapter more than the usual golden ratio of 3 chapters/ep. The flow of battles in recent eps are excruciatingly slow for me (I want the ep 1 battle speed back dammit!).

World Trigger has ending, it just doesn't has Ending song. Do you know the Puppet Show? That is the ending! It takes 1 minute of the episode!

I wouldn't call Haikyuu!! and Kuroko no Basket(season 1) has having pacing issues. Just that 3 chapters per episode isn't a perfect pacing and somethings have to be removed. In the game of Nekoma they removed a significant quantity of content, obviously not enough to be a real problem, but they removed it. In the inter-high they also removed some content especially in the last game. In this 2 parts they also speed the events up, not Tokyo Ghoul speeding up(looking again Tokyo ghould doesn't even has 4 chapters per episode, but 5.5 instead. Every 2 episodes covered 1 entire volume or more), but more than it should.
Kuroko 1st season happened the same thing(Though right now I don't remember what they cut).

The perfect pacing average is 2.5. Where you can mainly vary around 3 and 2 chapters in each episode.
Toei normally uses the 2 chapters per episode, so varies mainly around 2.5 and 1.5 chapters per episode. So is good, but a little slow in some places(or added original content). Toei likes that kind of feeling, of prolongation and new content.
Production I.G. Lately, at least in the first seasons of their sport anime, are adapting 3 chapters per episode so basically each of their episodes varies from 3.5 chapters to 2.5 chapters(Actually they do more around 4 and 2 chapters). This pacing is good but a little fast in some places. The disadvantage is that in the episodes were it adapt around 3.5(4) episodes, it has to leave content out. Normally in this episodes they focus in the action and the more verbal content they just summarize, like Kenma and Kuro backstories in Haikyuu!!.

I prefer the 2 chapters per episode because at least no content is lost in the process, also I'm a person with patience, so some slow pacing doesn't bothers me. I also like to see original content, because a good original content improves a lot the story and make viewing the anime even more worth it.
Though it seems majority of people, at least in the internet, prefer faster and faster, they don't even want time to digest the content. Some people even think that the content that was cut in Tokyo Ghoul, wasn't really important. They also normally hate original content to the max(well, there are some original content that is totally horrible though).

Note: One Piece before also had a pacing of 2 chapters per episode(during the East Blue- 1 entire year). Each saga the pacing started decreasing around 0.2 chapters per episode.

3 chapters/ep is not the golden ratio as I said above, 2.5 is. Though 3 chapters per episode is for majority of time good. But is the exact same thing for 2 chapters/ep.
The final episode of the Black Trigger retrieval arc, episode 16, used 3 chapters. Do the battles in that episode looked slow to you?
For what I remember, I liked how every battles in the anime flowed. In reality some parts were too fast because of they were destruction of limbs.
Feb 16, 2015 2:04 PM
Feb 2015
bigivelfhq said:

3 chapters/ep is not the golden ratio as I said above, 2.5 is. Though 3 chapters per episode is for majority of time good. But is the exact same thing for 2 chapters/ep.
The final episode of the Black Trigger retrieval arc, episode 16, used 3 chapters. Do the battles in that episode looked slow to you?
For what I remember, I liked how every battles in the anime flowed. In reality some parts were too fast because of they were destruction of limbs.

I never thought the chibi theater is an ending worth keeping because it is horrendous. It can be done better, such as introducing side character snippets that Ashihara puts in the manga. But instead we get repetition from the info already in the anime.

The battle in ep 16 was too slow for me. I remember cringing when they dragged Jin cutting Kazama and Tachikawa. Oh well, I think we should just agree to disagree about the perfect pacing. I don't mind things getting cut from anime, because to me slight differences between manga and anime means that double the enjoyment as I don't need to choose one. I'm not against filler in general, but I dislike the fillers in WT. The only one I like is expansion of sniper training intro in ep 17. Again, to each his/her own I guess.
Feb 17, 2015 2:57 AM

Oct 2014
p-kun said:

I never thought the chibi theater is an ending worth keeping because it is horrendous. It can be done better, such as introducing side character snippets that Ashihara puts in the manga. But instead we get repetition from the info already in the anime.

The battle in ep 16 was too slow for me. I remember cringing when they dragged Jin cutting Kazama and Tachikawa. Oh well, I think we should just agree to disagree about the perfect pacing. I don't mind things getting cut from anime, because to me slight differences between manga and anime means that double the enjoyment as I don't need to choose one. I'm not against filler in general, but I dislike the fillers in WT. The only one I like is expansion of sniper training intro in ep 17. Again, to each his/her own I guess.

The chibi ending makes sense though for the target audience of Toei which is little children. To you and me this chibi info repeat is needless, little childs on the other hand might appreciate it to see little chibis explain what might have been too much/fast explained for them during the episode. Same with the whole 1-1:30 long intro where the past episodes are all in one go retold in a short version, this way, even if a kid misses a week he can still watch next week and not be too confused to what is happening.

The battles are one good point about this anime though. They feel more fluid, dynamique and well planned than in other animes. I remember watching Absolute Duo after that WT episode with Yuuma vs Miwa squad and yeah, the AD fight was compared to that fight just plain boring. The usual"Uuuuaawaaah" with the whole one jump slowing down to several seconds, cut away to other scene, cut back to fight, fight's pretty much over. Not very well orchestred.

I understand the critics as I share some of them as well, like its slow pacing or sometimes bad animation, etc. However WT anime also has plently of good points that I think tends to get overlooked or put not much value to them. Like its consistence in its pacing, storytelling, abilities, the way the world setting gets explained/widen with each episode, consistence in character development/growth, nice animations in most fights, great voiceacting, etc.
If its animation would be overly better, and the first two episodes redone to be faster paced, then I think WT would easily be somewhere between 7.5-8.0 on MAL. But so most people watch the first episode, are turned off by its animation and are done with it. giving it a 0/1 and that was it.

Also so far Wt hasn't done that much fillers I think. We have yet to see an anime only episode or an episode where half of the stuff is anime original. It is only little bits that are added to the stuff like the two students shooting before Chika and such minor stuff I don't mind at all.^^
Feb 17, 2015 3:02 AM

Feb 2013
Yeah, I agree. People here's a pain in the ass when it comes to raiting shows. I like this stuff a lot.

Feb 21, 2015 8:15 PM

Jul 2014
Don't worry about the rating of the show on this site man, as long you as you like it that's what matters. I've seen some shows in the 6-7 range on here that i enjoy far more than some in the upper 8s, it's all about your own personal taste.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2015 4:16 AM
Feb 2015
I really like the pace of ep 18. 2 3/4 chapters for about 18:30 minutes of content. The battle pace is also perfect.
Feb 23, 2015 11:27 AM

Nov 2014
I agree both the anime and manga are underrated i personally really enjoy World Trigger
Feb 27, 2015 3:46 PM
Jan 2011
lesna02 said:
what do you think ?

Underrated? How many generic shounen shows can you have?
Feb 27, 2015 8:21 PM

Nov 2013
absolutely underrated! this one has a good world setting in term of originality and good character personality. compared to other 6 pointer WT is definitely doesn't deserve to be in this trench. at least it should be 7.4 or above.
Feb 27, 2015 10:30 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Aw, well don't worry, World Trigger being underrated is definitely only a feel. ouo

Really, it's almost rated a seven, which isn't too bad. I think the current 6.82 is very fitting at this point. Also know that things can change later.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 1, 2015 11:03 AM

Sep 2008
I also feel it's underrated... of course it has a few downs, but it's still a wonderful series ;)
Mar 7, 2015 10:59 AM

Oct 2010
Completely agree, it has a slow an painful start but it gets better, its definitely not a masterpiece but it deserves >7.
Apr 4, 2015 11:15 PM

May 2010
this show is slow at start but it will build up the more you watch it, bcuz that also happened to me when im reading the manga, this series is something the builds up the more you watch it, and this series is clearly not deserving to have 6, this should be 7 and above..we need justice..
Apr 4, 2015 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
It's not underrated.

The art sucks. Almost all of the characters suck ass, especially Mikumo and Chika. The only cool characters (Jin, Kuga etc) get fucked over by the other shitty characters that encompass most of Border's top hierarchy.

Granted it got a lot better once there was decent fight scenes, like Jin against border and such, and even some of the current episodes are better (aside from Chika being a fucking tard in this weeks ep.), but this show shouldn't be over a 7 unless it randomly gets INSANELY good.
Apr 7, 2015 5:19 PM

Dec 2013
I would agree that it is underrated, but that is no surprise here. It seems that there are a lot of people who subscribe to the idea that the only thing that matters in an anime is the quality of the animation, they tend to forget or ignore the other necessary and important parts of a good anime series- namely: the story, the characters, and how well everything ties together. I can watch an anime with bad animation quality as long as it has good story, I can watch an anime with bad story as long as it has good characters, but I cannot watch an anime that has nothing going for it but it's animation quality. I see animation quality as the least important part of any series, and most people have dropped this series or rate this series low simply because the animation quality isn't up to their standards.

This series has gotten better and better as it goes along, both story and characters. The current arc so far has been really interesting and even intense in several places. I didn't have much hope for it when I first picked it up, but once I did I realized just how good this could be and so far it has not disappointed.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 7, 2015 5:20 PM
May 2014
I dropped it at like episode 10~

It had potential but fucked it up.
Apr 8, 2015 2:47 PM
Feb 2015
I totally agree.. This anime is underated and even more the manga.
For the anime, it's beginning to be really good starting from episode 14-15.. Well, yeah, that mean the beginning is not so good but that's worth it..
Apr 8, 2015 10:02 PM

Sep 2013
Nico69000 said:
I totally agree.. This anime is underated and even more the manga.
For the anime, it's beginning to be really good starting from episode 14-15.. Well, yeah, that mean the beginning is not so good but that's worth it..

Wow you had to wait that long for it to get good at least Majin Bone got pretty good by episode 6 I want to say :P
Apr 8, 2015 10:26 PM

Apr 2015
Chelizzle said:
Would you care to explain why you think so?I'd really like to know.
I'd just say there have been worse shows that got more attention and love.
But WT underrated?

Yeah I agree. This anime is so boring. The characters are boring and it has a childish atmosphere.
Apr 9, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2010
Naisugai_Ferial said:
Chelizzle said:
Would you care to explain why you think so?I'd really like to know.
I'd just say there have been worse shows that got more attention and love.
But WT underrated?

Yeah I agree. This anime is so boring. The characters are boring and it has a childish atmosphere.
It's obviously aimed at children, that's like saying that comedy anime has a comedy atmosphere as criticism. It doesn't work.
Apr 10, 2015 9:29 AM
Feb 2015
When you look at the complicated rivaliries between border's factions, the permanent wars and ties among the countries of the Neighbors it's hardly to qualify this for "children".. I think that you have this feeling only because the "Trion" replaces "blood" during the battles.
Nico69000Apr 10, 2015 9:34 AM
Apr 10, 2015 6:16 PM

Mar 2015
Nico69000 said:
When you look at the complicated rivaliries between border's factions, the permanent wars and ties among the countries of the Neighbors it's hardly to qualify this for "children".. I think that you have this feeling only because the "Trion" replaces "blood" during the battles.

+1, yes maybe they are look have childish animation, but the story are not.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 11, 2015 2:03 AM

Apr 2013
I just looked at the rating...lol what a joke. Under 7? hahaha. I understand where people are coming from with the straightforward and kind of generic anime but it's to a certain point. You can argue that every anime is generic but some just vary from others that make it stand out. A lot of other comments I see is that it's boring and there's too much talking....you're a joke if you think a 50 episode anime is going to sustain constant action without having heavy dialogue at times.

I myself enjoy World Trigger because I find that it diversifies itself enough from the "generic" animes to be original and it has good dialogue that keeps me interested. Sure, the fighting is not like some high quality stuff you see in Shingeki or etc. but it's not bad either.

And the art...i've seen things that are more atrocious but you can't rate things highly on the art style lol...it's like calling those classic games from the 90s bad so therefore the game is bad. PLOT > ART.

The ratings on this site are a joke sometimes so take a lot of things with a grain of salt.

Apr 11, 2015 8:30 AM
Feb 2015
Pineapplebunnn said:

I myself enjoy World Trigger because I find that it diversifies itself enough from the "generic" animes to be original and it has good dialogue that keeps me interested. Sure, the fighting is not like some high quality stuff you see in Shingeki or etc. but it's not bad either.

IMHO the fighting is high quality stuff. If you like the fights so far, then wait a few more episodes, and you'll see better fights (if you prefer your fights smart and not flashy, that is). The arc after this invasion one will have even better fights. Hopefully the fighting animation can do the manga justice.
Apr 11, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
Nico69000 said:

Or you know because its a shounen, either way i guess
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 9:23 PM

Apr 2013
p-kun said:
Pineapplebunnn said:

IMHO the fighting is high quality stuff. If you like the fights so far, then wait a few more episodes, and you'll see better fights (if you prefer your fights smart and not flashy, that is). The arc after this invasion one will have even better fights. Hopefully the fighting animation can do the manga justice.

I like the fights they have in World Trigger. Just like you said, they show it in a more strategic way rather than all flashy and high pace action. Nevertheless, both types are fun to watch and the way they map the fights out really shows how well these types of action can be without having to have top notch animation.

Apr 12, 2015 9:09 AM
Feb 2015
Pineapplebunnn said:
I just looked at the rating...lol what a joke. Under 7? hahaha. I understand where people are coming from with the straightforward and kind of generic anime but it's to a certain point. You can argue that every anime is generic but some just vary from others that make it stand out. A lot of other comments I see is that it's boring and there's too much talking....you're a joke if you think a 50 episode anime is going to sustain constant action without having heavy dialogue at times.

And the art...i've seen things that are more atrocious but you can't rate things highly on the art style lol...it's like calling those classic games from the 90s bad so therefore the game is bad. PLOT > ART.

The ratings on this site are a joke sometimes so take a lot of things with a grain of salt.
Pineapplebunnn said:

+1 rating this anime under 7 is a joke. the fight are really good and strategic. And they are becoming more and more intense as the story goes..
May 6, 2015 12:28 PM

Jun 2009
Thank god, I'm always patient and not dropping this even though the beginning part was kinda boring, turned out this series is freaking good!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

62 by spitinyourmouth »»
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.