Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2015 11:58 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Edit: You may use this club for General FSN discussions ; This thread has been locked
-----------
Continued from this thread.

First of all, if you have Fate/ related questions, try to use one of these threads first:

FAQ: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059
Q&A: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1292653

Side info, we have a Servant Status Screens thread.

As you all know, these rules must be followed in the episode discussion threads:

[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
- If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use a separate thread. This thread is only about this episode / this anime.[/b]

This is the thread where you can do all of the above listed things that you can't do. SPOILERS ALL means, this thread is for those who wish to talk about the anime and speculate or compare it to the VN, Fate/Zero or other FSN UBW related works. Of course you can also discuss the episodes here, without any limitations. You don't need to tag anything here, so for those who only have anime knowledge, be warned:

We will talk about events of a ten year old Visual Novel that was completely translated six years ago.

There are still rules that apply to the thread:
[color=red]
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- No piracy talk.
- Trolling/baiting will not be tolerated.
- Negative and differing opinions are of course welcome, but watch your language.
- No waifu/shipping wars here. We have other threads for this.
- That should be obvious, but this is a FSN discussion thread. If it doesn't have anything to do with FSN, don't talk about it here. That includes other Type-Moon works, if they are not related to FSN UBW.
- For more rules/information see also the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
[/color]

Please use the spoiler tags if you post a few pictures. Tag large pics in general too, please.

Please use the report function to contact the mods if the derails get out of hand or if someone here is overly rude and/or starts insulting others or breaks the rules otherwise.

sarroushApr 4, 2015 8:03 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2010
Do I need to watch Fate/Zero first to watch this?
Jan 17, 2015 12:04 PM

Dec 2013
antonn said:
No, watch Carnival Phantasm.
BAN ME
Jan 17, 2015 12:04 PM
Jan 2015
antonn said:

Watch F/Z if you like quality shows full of intrigue instead of 'Goku and friends fight historical figures'
Jan 17, 2015 12:05 PM

Aug 2014
Seeing as I failed to get an answer in either thread, does seriously no one know the name of that one OST that plays in vs Kirei at the end of Fate and before Mighty Wind in SLH?

tsuyurii said:
antonn said:
No, watch Carnival Phantasm.

I thought it was
Tsukihime anime>F/SN UBW>Fate/Zero first cour>Carnival Phantasm>Prillya>F/SN DEEN>F/Z second cour>Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin>F/SN 2014
Jan 17, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2012
antonn said:
As tons of other answers have already given in other threads, no. Even though there were some tiny tiny bits that refer to F/Z, but, F/Z spoils a lot of F/SN. So better to watch it afterwards, or after Heaven's Feel movie (whenever they release it), that is the route which F/Z spoils the most.

Jan 17, 2015 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
chaosflame5 said:
antonn said:
As tons of other answers have already given in other threads, no. Even though there were some tiny tiny bits that refer to F/Z, but, F/Z spoils a lot of F/SN. So better to watch it afterwards, or after Heaven's Feel movie (whenever they release it), that is the route which F/Z spoils the most.

Antonn's already read the VN and watched Zero and all.
In fact he asked the exact same thing elsewhere for lulz.
Jan 17, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2010
Mangalist-san said:
antonn said:

This should be sticky'd.
Jan 17, 2015 12:15 PM

May 2012
Insertanamehere said:
Antonn's already read the VN and watched Zero and all.
In fact he asked the exact same thing elsewhere for lulz.
*facepalm* no wonder that post looked familiar =_="

Jan 17, 2015 1:04 PM

Aug 2010
SpaceHamster said:
Mangalist-san said:

http://i.imgur.com/ZfXfWsD.png

No mention of Fate/Extra for getting into the Fate Series, clearly a failure of a guide.

AND CCC AND Mahoyo.
Freaking newbs.
Jan 17, 2015 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
antonn said:

A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://i.imgur.com/NyhDrYc.png

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 17, 2015 1:37 PM

Sep 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Seeing as I failed to get an answer in either thread, does seriously no one know the name of that one OST that plays in vs Kirei at the end of Fate and before Mighty Wind in SLH?

The Golden King
Jan 17, 2015 1:53 PM

Aug 2014
OutsideDecorator said:
Insertanamehere said:

The Golden King

Was already told, but thanks.
Jan 17, 2015 1:55 PM

Apr 2014
Insertanamehere said:

Isn't it "Church on the Hill" and "All the World's Evil" respectively?
Jan 17, 2015 1:58 PM

Aug 2014
ZeroDragon said:
Insertanamehere said:

Shirou vs Kirei in Fate: "Church on the Hill"
Before Shirou vs Saber in SLH: "All the World's Evil"

It was actually
OutsideDecorator said:

The Golden King

I don't think Church on the Hill played in any fight scenes. All the Worlds Evil plays before Kirei's fight in HF
Jan 17, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2014
Insertanamehere said:
ZeroDragon said:

Shirou vs Kirei in Fate: "Church on the Hill"
Before Shirou vs Saber in SLH: "All the World's Evil"

It was actually
OutsideDecorator said:

The Golden King

I don't think Church on the Hill played in any fight scenes. All the Worlds Evil plays before Kirei's fight in HF

I just loaded up a save I had and Church on the Hill was playing as Kirei was throwing mud at Shirou, and in this video http://youtu.be/znmECWz-8MI?t=20m48s All the World's Evil is playing before Shirou and Saber fight.
Jan 17, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2014
On a phone so I couldn't watch the video but I guess its different in realta nua 2012?
Jan 17, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2011
Insertanamehere said:
On a phone so I couldn't watch the video but I guess its different in realta nua 2012?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYY6IQv37r4

is this the music you are searching ? unless it was golden king...
Jan 17, 2015 2:44 PM

Sep 2014
It was Golden King from the beginning of the fight until the break/heavy breathing/"you cannot beat me/why are you holding back?" monologue, then ATWE, then Mighty Wind when he began Crane Wing Three Realm
Jan 19, 2015 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
Anybody have some good AMV/MAD vids they've seen from this first season?

I liked this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLfuSa1dNCY
Jan 19, 2015 11:43 PM

May 2014
-kV- said:
Anybody have some good AMV/MAD vids they've seen from this first season?

I liked this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLfuSa1dNCY

I posted that somewhere in ye old official thread.

Yeah there's some decent ones, but you'll find most of the serious buggers wait till the Blu-Rays come out before editing. April sometime you'll get a pretty big influx.

There's still some fun ones to watch.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwKo-KqnV70

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h62nPHNcGM

And those Trailers I posted awhile back. Few of em are from Akross.
Jan 20, 2015 1:21 AM

Aug 2014
I'm sure most have already seen it, but I liked this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK1dSS8IqHo

Especially the bit around 2:40
Jan 23, 2015 3:33 AM

Dec 2014
should i watch this or fate stay night ?? which is a better adaption? I watched fate zero first, so what's next?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2015 3:36 AM

Aug 2014
Clefairiess said:
should i watch this or fate stay night ?? which is a better adaption? I watched fate zero first, so what's next?

Fate/Zero shouldn't have been watched first, in the actual order it comes last. >.>

That said, I would advise ignoring the old DEEN F/SN anime and just watching this and the Heaven's Feel movie(s), for a better explanation, read this:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059
Jan 23, 2015 3:37 AM

Jun 2011
Clefairiess said:

F/SN UBW 2014 version.
Do not watch deen's version
Jan 23, 2015 3:38 AM

May 2014
Clefairiess said:

http://i.imgur.com/PY7XNgw.jpg

Sorry lol, we just get this two to three times a day.

There's an FAQ that's pretty in depth stickied to the forum.

UBW movie is shite

Old FSN 2006 is shite
Jan 23, 2015 3:40 AM

Jul 2007
Clefairiess said:

You already completely spoiled yourself by watching Fate/Zero.

Otherwise, ignore the 2006 trainwreck of an adaptation and just watch this.

Albeit as said already, you won't be surprised at anything and the show WILL pretend you know absolutely nothing from Zero so...
Jan 23, 2015 3:41 AM

Nov 2013
WrongPriest said:
Clefairiess said:

http://i.imgur.com/PY7XNgw.jpg

Sorry lol, we just get this two to three times a day.

There's an FAQ that's pretty in depth stickied to the forum.

UBW movie is shite

Old FSN 2006 is shite
Lol.
Jan 23, 2015 3:42 AM

Dec 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Clefairiess said:

Fate/Zero shouldn't have been watched first, in the actual order it comes last. >.>

That said, I would advise ignoring the old DEEN F/SN anime and just watching this and the Heaven's Feel movie(s), for a better explanation, read this:

Thank you, now I'm depressed :( is it really a bad idea that I watched fate zero first? i think this is the reason why I was very confused when I watched it ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2015 3:49 AM

Aug 2014
Clefairiess said:
Insertanamehere said:

Thank you, now I'm depressed :( is it really a bad idea that I watched fate zero first? i think this is the reason why I was very confused when I watched it ..

I've already watched Fate/Zero, is Fate/Stay Night completely ruined for me?
No, but it will most certainly change your perspective on some of the characters and events while you read/watch through it. You'll just be going through a different experience than what was intended, but you'll still find yourself enjoying F/SN. There are plenty of more twists and turns so don't let this detract you from reading/watching it! I also recommend giving F/Z a rewatch once you've finished all 3 routes, as you'll find new things you couldn't catch the first time without the prior knowledge.

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/seriesfaq-fate#wiki_i.27ve_already_watched_fate.2Fzero.2C_is_fate.2Fstay_night_completely_ruined_for_me.3F

You shouldn't have, and there will be multiple of spoilers that will have been ruined for you, but F/SN can still be enjoyed greatly, it's not a show built on the shock of spoilers. It's just that the spoilers that are there will lose their impact, and having F/Z knowledge can make the viewing experience different.

Nevertheless, I had half the twists ruined for me, including one big one not in F/Z (thanks YouTube), and I still greatly enjoyed F/SN, you should be able to as well. Just remember that Ufotable and Nasu themselves told viewers not to consider it a "sequel" to Zero.
InsertanamehereJan 23, 2015 3:56 AM
Jan 23, 2015 3:53 AM

Jul 2007
^WHAT WAS SAID

Essentially if you manage to separate Z3ero from FSN as separate work and understand that FSN expects you NOT to know Zero stuff, you will be okay.

It won't be the full intended experience but it will still be enjoyable.
Jan 23, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2007
Can't wait for
in Prillya :3
Jan 23, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
Can't wait for

And then they jump to UBW timeline.

Then A grown-up Shirou there beat the shit out of him again. :3
Jan 23, 2015 12:19 PM

May 2014
CookingPriest said:
Can't wait for

Mangalist-sanJan 23, 2015 12:41 PM
Jan 23, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2007
Mangalist-san said:
CookingPriest said:
Can't wait for

Jan 23, 2015 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
Jan 23, 2015 7:42 PM
Sep 2013
Just finished part 1 of this season and I have to say it's like 100 times better than the 2006 version, would be nice if I could erase my memories of the 2006 version because it spoiled so much :D
Jan 23, 2015 7:45 PM

Oct 2014
wtfitsmegaman said:
Just finished part 1 of this season and I have to say it's like 100 times better than the 2006 version, would be nice if I could erase my memories of the 2006 version because it spoiled so much :D

Glad you liked it. Yeah it sucks that 2006 spoils so much stuff :(
Jan 25, 2015 9:34 PM

Sep 2013
Check out this beast - he's prime to become an Archer class servant:
Jan 25, 2015 10:20 PM

Jul 2013
Mickdrew said:
Check out this beast - he's prime to become an Archer class servant:

Well, whoa. It seems as though a modern human being has come close to the level of combat that archers from the Age of Gods had been capable of.

There may be hope in this society yet.

Jan 25, 2015 10:26 PM

Sep 2013
Indeed. I long to return to that golden age of humanity :3
Jan 26, 2015 1:58 AM

Feb 2009
As impressive as this video is there are a few points that irk me a lot, as someone with more than a passing interest in medieval and ancient warfare. Mostly covered in this video.

Also, the part where he demonstrated how arrows penetrate chainmail he uses much longer bow over a relatively short distance for that bow. When it talks about drawing power and stuff he draws properly, but pretty much everywhere else he just cheats.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Jan 26, 2015 2:50 AM

Jul 2007
HungryPriest said:
but pretty much everywhere else he just cheats.

So what you are saying is that he is PERFECT for Archer class.
Jan 26, 2015 3:16 AM

Feb 2009
If Archer class is supposed to peck people with his arrows, then yes.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Jan 26, 2015 1:08 PM

Jan 2014
Maybe I will, but AFTER the second cour is finished.

It is really hard to explain things while not allowing to talk about Redman, especially explaining some of Rin's actions.
Just_ChickenJan 26, 2015 1:12 PM
Jan 26, 2015 1:14 PM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:

It is really hard to explain things while not allowing to talk about Redman, especially explaining some of Rin's actions.

Then it won't be in a review if it contains spoilers.
Jan 26, 2015 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
chickenonthepan said:

I think a review is for people who watched the series already? =.=
Jan 26, 2015 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Insertanamehere said:

I....don't think so....? It's for people to judge whether or not to watch the series.
Jan 26, 2015 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
chickenonthepan said:

I....don't think so....? It's for people to judge whether or not to watch the series.

Well, re-view.

I don't think you can review something without analyzing its most interesting point.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.