Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 19, 2014 12:19 PM
Jun 2012
Jup,
I am looking for some good Moviesto spend my time with.
Would be nice if you check my List. - I dislike very calm and slow ones very often.

Condition:
Must have good arts.
So, Perfect Blue /Tokyo Godfather wouldn´t be valid.
Not depending on an Series
#1-4:I had the feeling to kill myself
#5:Ok, would never watch it again #6: Nice Time
#7:very satisfying, easy to watch, interesting themes, good Enjoyment, good Feeling
#8-9:even better
#10:Kept me the whole time on the edge of my bed. Content to think about. Just awesome.
##It heavily depends when I watched it. So something from five years ago would get now definitely an different Score than then.
##Dislike most Comedy-Shows and over the top wimp-guys. #"wrong" behavior in important Situations. #Characters who always have the same dumb personality/or want to help the enemy
Dec 19, 2014 1:57 PM
Dec 19, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2012
Perfect Blue and Tokyo Godfathers has bad art??? lol ok

Anyway.
Eve no Jikan movie
Kokurikozaka kara
Dec 19, 2014 2:17 PM
Dec 2014
You should still watch Tokyo Godfathers anyway if you haven't already great film, one of my all time favourites, heard Perfect Blue is great as well, still need to get around to watching it myself, anyway moving to some recommendations, don't know if these all have the art you're looking for but I greatly enjoyed The Sky Crawlers and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, any Studio Ghibli movie is always a given as well, can't go wrong with them.
Dec 19, 2014 2:23 PM
Dec 19, 2014 2:41 PM

Aug 2012
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10294/Towa_no_Quon_1:_Utakata_no_Kaben

Well, it's a movie series so it might throw you off. The art is great, tho.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/11755/009_Re:Cyborg

This one is relatively action and fast paced anime movie. You might want to check the beginning of the movie to see if you like the animation style as it's a bit different from the usual.

"Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted."
-Vladimir Bartol, Alamut
Dec 19, 2014 3:19 PM
Jun 2012

Seems good thanks

mayukachan said:

Anyway.
Eve no Jikan movie
Kokurikozaka kara

Maybe not bad, lets say not "modern".

Seen

Griom said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10294/Towa_no_Quon_1:_Utakata_no_Kaben

Well, it's a movie series so it might throw you off. The art is great, tho.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/11755/009_Re:Cyborg

This one is relatively action and fast paced anime movie. You might want to check the beginning of the movie to see if you like the animation style as it's a bit different from the usual.

Going to check Cyborg
#7:very satisfying, easy to watch, interesting themes, good Enjoyment, good Feeling
#10:Kept me the whole time on the edge of my bed. Content to think about. Just awesome.
##It heavily depends when I watched it. So something from five years ago would get now definitely an different Score than then.
##Dislike most Comedy-Shows and over the top wimp-guys. #"wrong" behavior in important Situations. #Characters who always have the same dumb personality/or want to help the enemy
Dec 19, 2014 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
I would recommend Jin-Roh, but I guess it's not "modern".
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Dec 19, 2014 3:28 PM
Dec 19, 2014 3:34 PM
Jun 2012

Seen^^
Dec 20, 2014 3:18 PM
Jun 2012
Only so few Movies out there?
Dec 20, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2009
Oblivion Island
Onigamiden
Tekkon Kinkreet
Hells
Captain Harlock
Jin-Rou (+1)
Karas
Expelled From Paradise
Dec 20, 2014 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
Well the obvious answer is anything by studio Ghibli (particularly Princess Mononoke) and Akira - the animation in these two is better than most anime series up until, say, 2010 or later. Even despite being hand drawn.

I'm looking at your list and you're rather hard to please.
Dec 20, 2014 10:28 PM
Jan 2009
Tokyo Godfathers
bad art

lmao fuck off
close your account please
Dec 20, 2014 10:37 PM

Sep 2014
Try the Wind Rises, Paranoia Agent.
Dec 21, 2014 1:08 AM

Dec 2014
My favorite amine film is Princess Mononoke, but I see you've already viewed that, and since someone else has already recommended the rest of the Ghibli line-up I'll leave them off the list. Here's three others I really enjoyed:

Tezuka Osamu no Buddha: Akai Sabaku yo! Utsukushiku
Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust
Trigun - Badlands Rumble
Dec 21, 2014 1:54 PM
Jun 2012
Wanted to give an big thanks for
Eve no Jikan.
Really, really nice Movies.
Thanks
(but ofc I need more )
Dec 21, 2014 2:07 PM

May 2012
How about Kon Satoshi's Millennium Actress? All the other films I thought of were already on your list!
SeijiSenseiDec 21, 2014 2:10 PM
Dec 21, 2014 2:09 PM
Jun 2012
Summer Wars was the reason why i created that topic :)
I have seen Madoka Magica
Dec 21, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2012
SeijiSensei said:
How about Kon Satoshi's Millennium Actress? All the other films I thought of were already on your list!

What3v3r said:
Summer Wars was the reason why i created that topic :)
I have seen Madoka Magica

I posted before looking at your list.
Dec 21, 2014 2:23 PM

Nov 2010
What3v3r said:
mayukachan said:

Anyway.
Eve no Jikan movie
Kokurikozaka kara

Maybe not bad, lets say not "modern".

I was going to tell you to check out movies by Hayao Miyazaki, but they ain't modern.
Dec 22, 2014 7:33 AM
Jun 2012
SeijiSensei said:

I posted before looking at your list.

And what do you want to tell me with that?

Kinkara said:

I was going to tell you to check out movies by Hayao Miyazaki, but they ain't modern.

lol, go away
Dec 23, 2014 9:54 AM
Jun 2012
PUSH
Dec 23, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 2014
Colorful is a good movie with a great story. Might no be the pacing you're going for but recommending it anyway.
Wolf Children is a phenomenal movie. Again may not be the pacing you're going for but I'm just gonna put it out there.
Summer Wars is a good movie as well. Especially if you you liked the Digimon Movie.

Give those three movies chance.
crestofhonestyDec 23, 2014 10:40 AM
Dec 23, 2014 12:11 PM
Aug 2011
Since it's christmas , I think you should watch the first movie of Detective Conan , terrorist during the period of christmas.
You could watch all of them aswell since they are all good , well made.
Dec 23, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
Enjoy:

Piano no Mori
Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo
Hotarubi no Mori e
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho
Stranger: Mukou Hadan
Momo e no Tegami
Kotonoha no Niwa
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Colorful (Movie)
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Metropolis
Summer Wars

Sad to hear you didn't like Satoshi Kon movies ( Tokyo G. and Perfect B. ), you're missing a lot! Just like with Hayao Miyazaki..
But hey! It's you're own fault and problem! :P
Katsu-kunDec 23, 2014 12:28 PM
Dec 24, 2014 4:51 PM
Jun 2012
crestofhonesty said:
Colorful is a good movie with a great story. Might no be the pacing you're going for but recommending it anyway.
Wolf Children is a phenomenal movie. Again may not be the pacing you're going for but I'm just gonna put it out there.
Summer Wars is a good movie as well. Especially if you you liked the Digimon Movie.

Give those three movies chance.

Since you suggest two so nice moves (summer wars and Wolf Children, I am going to watch Colorful :)

SuohMikoto- said:
Since it's christmas , I think you should watch the first movie of Detective Conan , terrorist during the period of christmas.
You could watch all of them aswell since they are all good , well made.

Hmm maybe your right, I liked DC 10 years ago, so maybe it´s an look worth.

-Katsu-kun- said:
Enjoy:

Piano no Mori
Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo
Hotarubi no Mori e
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho
Stranger: Mukou Hadan
Momo e no Tegami
Kotonoha no Niwa
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Colorful (Movie)
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Metropolis
Summer Wars

Sad to hear you didn't like Satoshi Kon movies ( Tokyo G. and Perfect B. ), you're missing a lot! Just like with Hayao Miyazaki..
But hey! It's you're own fault and problem! :P

Some nice Recs! But I have seen most of them.
Well Perfect Blue was just strange and haven´t seen Tokyo Godfather.

Don´t knew what you mean with Hayao Miyazaki, but I liked walking castle, chihiros travel to wonderland, princess mononoke , etc
Dec 24, 2014 7:41 PM
Dec 24, 2014 9:03 PM

Jun 2014
If it hasn't been suggested already Trigun: Badlands.
Dec 26, 2014 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
Err .. Maybe Persona 3 The Movie #1 : Spring of Birth o.O I liked it, and so does the art.
If I don't have to do it, then I won't. If I have to do it, then make it quick.
Dec 26, 2014 4:52 PM

Nov 2014
if you already watch
Hotarubi no Mori ei and Kotonoha no Niwa

Maybe Clannad The Movie ? (it have its own original story, and its more sad than the anime series )
Dec 27, 2014 1:12 PM
Jun 2012
Hans114 said:
if you already watch
Hotarubi no Mori ei and Kotonoha no Niwa

Maybe Clannad The Movie ? (it have its own original story, and its more sad than the anime series )

I completly dislike Hotarubi and really really like Kotonoha.
I disliked Clannad, so no clue if I should watch the Movie.
Dec 27, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2010
Majokko Shimai no Yoyo to Nene
Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise though this had CGI but it sort of grew on me.

More topics from this board

» Best horror anime?

Matteye - 3 hours ago

1 by Ohayotaku »»
19 minutes ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - Apr 26

2 by NaTsu879 »»
4 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
5 hours ago

» Stylish detective and crime anime

RobertBobert - 6 hours ago

1 by Skuletor »»
5 hours ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

2 by isseixkoneko »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.