Forums
New
Dec 7, 2014 4:16 PM
Aug 2013
Kaneki x Touka is nigh.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2014 4:43 PM

Dec 2013
High on crack, damn these tardish posts. Almost as shitty as my lame imagination.
Dec 7, 2014 6:35 PM
Aug 2013
LameReader said:
High on crack, damn these tardish posts. Almost as shitty as my lame imagination.

I second this. I honestly feel like my autism is getting the best of me.
Dec 7, 2014 6:35 PM

Dec 2012
No.
Dec 7, 2014 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
rothrock said:
No.
Dec 7, 2014 7:17 PM

Jan 2012
LameReader said:

lol

Dec 7, 2014 7:35 PM

Oct 2013
Get out of here man. Kaneki x Suitcase is the real OTP.
Dec 7, 2014 9:40 PM

Aug 2014
Chill yo.
Dec 7, 2014 11:13 PM
Jul 2013
rothrock said:
No.
Dec 8, 2014 7:04 AM
Oct 2012
Touka would suffer with Kaneki, you've seen what he can do with Kagune.
Dec 8, 2014 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
No.

Arima x Eto. TG will end.
Dec 8, 2014 9:34 AM
Dec 2011
ma103 said:
No.

omg that will be one badass pair tbh but in a very twisted way. I cant wait for their rematch or maybe reunion in TG:re.

Anyway, I think it's quite clear that if Kaneki going to end up with anyone, it should be Touka.
Dec 8, 2014 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
lilymul said:
ma103 said:
No.

omg that will be one badass pair tbh but in a very twisted way. I cant wait for their rematch or maybe reunion in TG:re.

Anyway, I think it's quite clear that if Kaneki going to end up with anyone, it should be Touka.

I love touka and kaneki

And even seeing it in a objective way, there is something there specially for touka.
Touka insisted on rescued him even at the cost of her own life
She was ready to leave her human life for him
She felt hurt and betrayed that he had left her
She couldnt acceot his death
She built a cafe, a made it homey for him. With books available in the stands plus the two dots, the red and the white...it is very suspicious.
A friend doesnt go to these lenghts.
Now for Kaneki, we dont have anything on him, that would mean he reciprocates her feelings, but he does consider her special, even if it is in a platonic way.
He rejected her to protect her
He gave her a bday present.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 8, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2014
lilymul said:
ma103 said:
No.

Kaneki x Eto is still the OTP. It'll be canon soon, trust me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2014 10:00 AM

Apr 2013
rothrock said:
No.
Dec 8, 2014 12:51 PM
Jul 2013
I have no objections.
Just an average weeb
Dec 8, 2014 1:07 PM

Dec 2014
gabyta07 said:

Don't forget about Hide already.....
Dec 8, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2014
MikeHunt said:
gabyta07 said:

I didnt, I just didnt know Hide built a cafe for him to have somewhere tu return, and I didnt know Hide was prepared to renounce to his humanity just to be with him.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 8, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2014
gabyta07 said:
lilymul said:

I love touka and kaneki

And even seeing it in a objective way, there is something there specially for touka.
She built a cafe, a made it homey for him. With books available in the stands plus the two dots, the red and the white...it is very suspicious.
Now for Kaneki, we dont have anything on him, that would mean he reciprocates her feelings, but he does consider her special, even if it is in a platonic way.

+1 to this. I approve
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2014 2:06 PM

Nov 2014
Sparteh said:
gabyta07 said:

I love touka and kaneki

+1 to this. I approve

Sure, but Eto is secretly his favourite writer and they are both One-Eyed ghouls. Giving up your way of living and risking your life for someone has got nothing on that.

It will happen, you'll see.

SoonTM
Dec 8, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2014
Eto is with Hide....the witch's servant.. lol

i'm vetty suspicious of hide...vetty suspicious indeed
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 8, 2014 2:48 PM
Jul 2013
I ship Sasaki with that Banana poster in his room.
Just an average weeb
Dec 8, 2014 3:40 PM

Dec 2014
gabyta07 said:
MikeHunt said:

I didnt, I just didnt know Hide built a cafe for him to have somewhere tu return, and I didnt know Hide was prepared to renounce to his humanity just to be with him.

He didn't get to build a cafe because he (probably) gave his life for Kaneki
Giving up your life>Giving up your way of life
Dec 8, 2014 4:38 PM

Oct 2014
MikeHunt said:
gabyta07 said:

He didn't get to build a cafe because he (probably) gave his life for Kaneki
Giving up your life>Giving up your way of life

Lol, that is assuming, you dont know for sure.

Dec 8, 2014 4:51 PM
Jul 2013
why does this thread even exist
Dec 8, 2014 6:59 PM
Dec 2011
benedetto said:

Way to create unnecessary fanwar.

I'm more baffled as to why Touka seems to have many haters.
Dec 8, 2014 7:00 PM

Jan 2012
benedetto said:

PM OP

Dec 8, 2014 8:41 PM

Jan 2014
benedetto said:

Dec 8, 2014 9:04 PM
Oct 2012
lilymul said:

ikr?
Touka is great!
Dec 8, 2014 9:17 PM

Aug 2014
Ehem..:

These two pages will suffice for this non-existent ship. It is also a large part of why i dislike Touka.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 8, 2014 9:21 PM

Sep 2014
Maledict said:
Ehem..:

These two pages will suffice for this non-existent ship. It is also a large part of why i dislike Touka.

If you don't like Touka for being irrational during a fight then you must dislike all woman, haha. Can't live with them, can't live without them :P
Dec 8, 2014 9:25 PM
Nov 2014
Nuvi said:
Get out of here man. Kaneki x Suitcase is the real OTP.

KANEKI X SUITCASE FANDOM LESSGO
Dec 8, 2014 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
lilymul said:
benedetto said:

Some people just live to complain. To them, every characters in TG must have kaneki'a personality.

Anyway I don't understand the rationale behind hating characters. You need personality contrast in plot or else it will be boring if everyone appears to be 'preferred' type.
Dec 8, 2014 10:08 PM

Aug 2014
CNTRI715 said:
If you don't like Touka for being irrational during a fight then you must dislike all woman, haha. Can't live with them, can't live without them :P

What fight? ''Fight'' implies arguments from both sides, that was more like her shouting at Kaneki for no reason. You also couldn't be farther away from the truth on the women part. Touka's nothing but a type of woman. It just so happens that i dislike her type. With all the ''i want to see him/to return'' before this, and when it finally happens... she spits in his face... hmm, okay. You might find this appealing, but i don't.

Anyways, this is my personal opinion. If i see she's actually changed in :Re, i might start to like her.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 8, 2014 11:24 PM

Nov 2014
Maledict said:
CNTRI715 said:

What fight? ''Fight'' implies arguments from both sides, that was more like her shouting at Kaneki for no reason. You also couldn't be farther away from the truth on the women part. Touka's nothing but a type of woman. It just so happens that i dislike her type. With all the ''i want to see him/to return'' before this, and when it finally happens... she spits in his face... hmm, okay. You might find this appealing, but i don't.

Anyways, this is my personal opinion. If i see she's actually changed in :Re, i might start to like her.

I king of agree with you, I forgot why i didn't like her but you're reminding me :p Hopefully she's matured a little in re.
Dec 8, 2014 11:44 PM

Oct 2014
Maybe is bc I am a woman, and I dont find that scene irrational.
Touka wanted to be by his side, and he rejectes her, even after she was the loudest in wanting to save him from Aogiri.
She was ready to give up her human life. And he slapped her on the cheek by saying no.
Then after living without him, he gives her a present indirectly, he doesnt allow her to see him.
And then suddenly he appears and tells me he wants to come back?

Of course I am going to retaliate. The guy thinks he can do anything and ppl are going to be waiting for him. He pushed her and now he expects her to receive him with open arms.

Men who think they are the center of the universe.
Although in this case is true lol since he is the MC

Anyway, it doesn't , mean she didn't want him to come back, it meant she was hurt.

Dec 9, 2014 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
gabyta07 said:
Touka wanted to be by his side, and he rejectes her, even after she was the loudest in wanting to save him from Aogiri.
She was ready to give up her human life. And he slapped her on the cheek by saying no.
Then after living without him, he gives her a present indirectly, he doesnt allow her to see him.

Of course I am going to retaliate. The guy thinks he can do anything and ppl are going to be waiting for him. He pushed her and now he expects her to receive him with open arms.

Anyway, it doesn't , mean she didn't want him to come back, it meant she was hurt.

Second that, some people don't think deep enough and just take everything at face value.

Come on people, you are reading Ishida sensei's work. Do you think he will let a female lead be that shallow? You know he has the tendency of leaving out details.
Dec 9, 2014 12:15 AM

Jun 2013
cmon guys lets not forget Kaneki's origins

It's obviously Kaneki x hamburger. Forbidden love yo
Dec 9, 2014 12:57 AM

Sep 2014
ma103 said:
gabyta07 said:

Second that, some people don't think deep enough and just take everything at face value.

Come on people, you are reading Ishida sensei's work. Do you think he will let a female lead be that shallow? You know he has the tendency of leaving out details.

It was a joke ladies! Please don't rip my head off :P

To get serious for a moment though I agree and disagree. I think that they're both in the wrong in that scene. Touka has a right to be angry, with the way that Kaneki neglects her and everyone else that he cares about at Anteiku. And he is being selfish up to that point by trying to take the burden of everything by himself and making everyone worry about him. At the same time the way Touka goes about venting her frustration is pretty bad. She really has no idea what happened to him during the Aogiri arc but probably realizes some serious shit went down, considering his appearance. With that point in mind she should try to be more understanding to how Kaneki's acting after that time.

And that's actually why I really like that chapter. It shows that they're both flawed as humans (ok, ghouls) and plays out like arguments in real life do.
CNTRI715Dec 9, 2014 1:01 AM
Dec 9, 2014 2:03 AM

Jun 2013
Maledict said:
Ehem..:

Maledict said:
CNTRI715 said:

I think you missed the point of this chapter-

In this part they talk for a bit and Kaneki pretty much tells her his unrealistic goals. Notice that she does not lose her temper until Kaneki touches his chin. At this point she knows that Kaneki is not being truthful to her, she knows he is hiding something/ or lying (check back chapter 118, her talk with Hide), and
After what happen in Aogiri, we know that Kaneki takes on the role of a ghoul, essentially wearing a mask and we know that at this point Kaneki believes that this is the role he should be playing in order to protect (remember Hide saying that Kaneki is an actor), but at what cost?

His mental health was never really there from the beginning and it only gets worst after the torture, (Banjou mentions worrying about Kaneki's mentality), Touka however can see through him, the front he is putting up, the mask he is wearing and she was right, Touka hitting him broke that mask he was wearing, the role he thought he should be playing.

Even the title of the chapter gives this away "Penetration" (the kanji also can be read as "Incision" - to cut into something, metaphorically speaking of course), she penetrates the mask he is wearing.

Mind you I don't care if you hate/dislike her or not, but I just think that you and apparently others missed the whole point of that chapter, she certainly did not spit in his face like you implied. It is however true that she could have gone about it better but sometimes actions do speak louder than words and in this case it worked, (chapter 140).

-------

Regardless I'm not really into shipping unless canon, just came here out of curiosity.
Dec 9, 2014 4:34 AM
Dec 2011
ma103 said:
lilymul said:

Some people just live to complain. To them, every characters in TG must have kaneki'a personality.

Anyway I don't understand the rationale behind hating characters. You need personality contrast in plot or else it will be boring if everyone appears to be 'preferred' type.

lol amusing ppl tbh. Love me some Kaneki but seriously some ppl should cool diwn with the Kaneki worshipping and start to appreciate other characters too.

Touka is a really interesting character, she is not your typical cold badass girl. She is flawed, she deals with her conflicted feelings and she had her breakdown moments. She was quite immature(well at least in TG) but I am sure she will grow out of it and matured. Ishida wont waste Touka character like that. She is in fact one of the very first TG characters along side Kaneki as shown in TG oneshot so she will play bigger role in future.

Also big applause to the post above. Perfectly explaining what happened during chapter 120. Lot of ppl seem to misunderstand the chapter, everything Touka said to Kaneki was right, even Kaneki admitted it in later chapters. He shouldn't leave her like that and even avoided her. Maybe punching him was taking a bit too far, that was her only mistake during the confrontation. As Yoshimura said, she needs to learn to manage her temper and she is still growing like come on this is a girl in her teen, she got lots to learn and mature from.

But again she was right. Whatever Kaneki wanted to do in order to protect ppl around him he should not do it alone. He will get lost and ended up hurting not only himself but ppl around him also. You guys can clearly see Kaneki realized it but being a sadist Ishida was, he decided to punish Kaneki and now Kaneki lost everything he had in TG.

Annnnd interesting fact to note, the title of Penetration in ch.120 can also be pronounced as Touka in Japanese.
Dec 9, 2014 5:17 AM

Jul 2014
Can't you guys let Kaneki rest in peace? He is not perfect, but whatever, he is dead now, just let him be...
Dec 9, 2014 1:19 PM
Jul 2013
Arcanix said:
Can't you guys let Kaneki rest in peace? He is not perfect, but whatever, he is dead now, just let him be...

Who the fuck is Kaneki?
Just an average weeb
Dec 9, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
Mossface12 said:
Arcanix said:

Who the fuck is Kaneki?

2.5/10 Nice try. Better luck next time.
Dec 9, 2014 1:53 PM
Jul 2013
Arcanix said:
Mossface12 said:

Who the fuck is Kaneki?

2.5/10 Nice try. Better luck next time.

Just an average weeb
Dec 9, 2014 3:42 PM
Oct 2014
If it had to be someone, it would be Touka x Kaneki for sure, both main characters (at least in the first season) and you know they are kinda special to each other. Anyway, I dont think we are getting any couples in this manga, at least not til the very very end of the series and a lot of things can change until then xD
Dec 9, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2014
Jarkzy said:
If it had to be someone, it would be Touka x Kaneki for sure, both main characters (at least in the first season) and you know they are kinda special to each other. Anyway, I dont think we are getting any couples in this manga, at least not til the very very end of the series and a lot of things can change until then xD

I love how people are still ignorant to the Kaneki x Eto OTP that Ishida is hinting at. He'll probably make it canon soon.

Trust me. It'll happen.

It's never happening, is it? Damn you, Ishida. Damn you and your flawless logic.
Dec 9, 2014 11:55 PM

Nov 2014
gabyta07 said:

I disagree with you on a few things. First of all when kaneki rejects her it was for good reasons. You got to look at intentions behind stuff not just the action itself. He was completely good intentioned and didn't want her to get hurt or twisted by what they were going to have to do. It's questionable if she realized what Kaneki wanted at that time as he had just gone through a huge psyche change so she may not of even known what she would be getting herself into but even if she did and she wanted to then comes the question is it right let our loved ones harm themselves even if they want too.

Second when Kaneki rejects her, he had just gone through magnitudes more pain and suffering than Touka will likely experience in her whole life combined - although she might not know that so I'll cut her some slack.

A more accurate assessment of the situation imo would be a a poor innocent kind kid underwent extreme torture the likes of which no one would even have a chance of experiencing because his regen abilities were above normal allowing for more extreme torture and as a result had his personality and identity completely morphed to cope with the extreme suffering.

In his new psychotic unstable mindset he makes what he think's is the best decision and sacrifices some of his own desires for the safety and well being of someone he cares about.

Then he returns to speak to the old man and Touka chases after him to find him on a bridge. He's confused and opens up to her being completely candid and she makes fun of him and starts attacking him and walks away not caring what he's going through or what he has gone through and just selfishly wishes he hadn't changed.

Touka's suffering caused by Kaneki is a drop in an ocean compared to Kaneki and I think it is silly and immature the way Touka plays the victim, cut Kaneki some slack. It's like your whole family just died and you lost everything you own and you're homeless and sick with aids but you missed some planned event with your friend in the wake of all the misfortune and they throw a fit and beat the shit out of you for it.
Dec 10, 2014 12:48 AM

Oct 2014
n0thinglasts said:
gabyta07 said:

I disagree with you on a few things. First of all when kaneki rejects her it was for good reasons. You got to look at intentions behind stuff not just the action itself. He was completely good intentioned and didn't want her to get hurt or twisted by what they were going to have to do. It's questionable if she realized what Kaneki wanted at that time as he had just gone through a huge psyche change so she may not of even known what she would be getting herself into but even if she did and she wanted to then comes the question is it right let our loved ones harm themselves even if they want too.

Second when Kaneki rejects her, he had just gone through magnitudes more pain and suffering than Touka will likely experience in her whole life combined - although she might not know that so I'll cut her some slack.

A more accurate assessment of the situation imo would be a a poor innocent kind kid underwent extreme torture the likes of which no one would even have a chance of experiencing because his regen abilities were above normal allowing for more extreme torture and as a result had his personality and identity completely morphed to cope with the extreme suffering.

In his new psychotic unstable mindset he makes what he think's is the best decision and sacrifices some of his own desires for the safety and well being of someone he cares about.

Then he returns to speak to the old man and Touka chases after him to find him on a bridge. He's confused and opens up to her being completely candid and she makes fun of him and starts attacking him and walks away not caring what he's going through or what he has gone through and just selfishly wishes he hadn't changed.

Touka's suffering caused by Kaneki is a drop in an ocean compared to Kaneki and I think it is silly and immature the way Touka plays the victim, cut Kaneki some slack. It's like your whole family just died and you lost everything you own and you're homeless and sick with aids but you missed some planned event with your friend in the wake of all the misfortune and they throw a fit and beat the shit out of you for it.

You are basing your whole dialogue in defense of Ken Kaneki on the torture, which Touka is ignorant of.
The truth of the thing here, its that Touka lost her father and brother.
Then she opened herself to this new guy, and the new guy seemed to open up himself to her.
She goes and risks her life to save him, bc he is important to her, she never gets why he changed, she doesn't even know he is mentally unstable
Why bc he preferred to hide it all, he closed up to her, and then left her just like the previous men in her life have done.
He never told her, no, you can't come with me bc I need to protect you. He just rejected her, and even if he had said so it doesn't make matters right. If a guy comes to me "I need to leave you bc I am going to protect you" I would say to him "Do not let the door hit you, and don't ever come back"
Why? Bc the guy it is not explaining his reasoning, he is not opening up to me.
And even when he decides to return to Anteiku, as other pointed out, she notices he was still closing himself up. He was still keeping her at arms length. He hurt her again.
She does not understand why he changed, and the guy, the guy she really misses is the one who she thought was open to her, this new guy is worst than the other, a coward who hides himself among his words, bc he is afraid of being lonely, a guy who think he is the center of the universe.
You can not say Touka's suffering doesn't compare to Kaneki's suffering.
First of all ppl suffer in different ways and in different degrees, a rape victim can suffer just the same as a rich girl who can find her new brand of shoes, and visceversa. It all depends on your mind frame, on the enviroment that you grew up with, in how you relate to the world. Losing your new shoes, can also mean to the person the end of the world. You can not say, this person is suffering more bc she lost her mother or he was abandoned when he was a child. PPl suffering's are not measure with the gravity of the event but how they are mentally and how they see the world.
And as I said before she doesn't know, and even if she knew, I am of the mind that he would still be at fault,
Bc he prefers to wallow in his depression, the "I am so scard of being alone" thatn open up to her. I am with her in just giving up. This is clearly a guy too focus in his own suffering to even care about anything else.
I believe what she tried to do by that hit, was to wake him up. She had enough, with the whole martyr thing.
Specially since she has suffered too in life, Yoshimura too, Yomo too, and he is acting like he was the only one who is suffering.
I am not saying Touka is a saint, as everything in TG, all of it is grey.
Maybe if she had been an adult and not a teenager, she would have confronted him in a more mature way.
Both of them are selfish, and full of faults in this regard.

Dec 10, 2014 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
n0thinglasts said:
gabyta07 said:

Take a look at chapter 140. Do you notice Kaneki came to his conclusion that Touka is right all along? She wants him to realise that the one he is truly protecting is himself. He is afraid of solitude just like his mom. That's what touka is trying to tell him in chapter 120.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.