Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2014 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Kinda interesting that they are trying to make the Kagune stronger. The Quinx Treatment is no doubt a method people will be trying to get to perfect in this series.

Lol @ the coffee conversation.

Also nice to see Touka this chapter. About time!
Dec 6, 2014 8:42 PM
Sep 2014
To be honest i didn't think they'd bring the reunion at the coffee shop this early. Hope they don't add flashbacks and keep going on with this story. So much feels right now...
Dec 6, 2014 8:42 PM

Dec 2013
Oh shit, they met alrdy
LameReaderDec 6, 2014 8:47 PM
Dec 6, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2010
Black Rabbit (and presumably Hinami) is looking for Sasaki. Torso joins Black Rabbit's group in Aogiri Tree.

Urie wants to disable his RC cell limit to surpass Sasaki. Doctor disagrees saying that it'll be too dangerous.

New enemy called Nutcracker who targets men's balls. As Torso's investigation got called off, Nutcracker is Team Q's new target. Sasaki afraid of Nutcracker destroying his own balls (Sasarious strikes again).

Team Q decides to talk about the subject while drinking coffee. Sasaki followed the scent of coffee with his so-called "Nose Kagune" (Damnit Sasarious).

Decides to chill in a coffee shop called :RE.
Turns out the Anteiku reopened and is now called ":RE".

Sasaki walks in the shop.
Yomo sees him and is speechless.
Touka walks in, calling Yomo as brother, and scolds him for not greeting customers.
Sasaki and Touka see each other and both were surprised as balls.
Dec 6, 2014 8:52 PM
Sep 2014
I really hope Ishida allows the conversation to go on. No cockblock and they end up triggering Kaneki a little bit more.
KaraNoShounenDec 6, 2014 8:55 PM
Dec 6, 2014 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
I may have interpret wrongly but purpose of Torso joing Aogiri might be an attempt to get to Hinami. It's as disturbing as the "nutcracker".

Suzuya appears to have both his legs doesn't he
removed-userDec 6, 2014 11:06 PM
Dec 6, 2014 11:56 PM

Oct 2014
where can i foind this translation at??
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 7, 2014 12:22 AM
Jun 2009
redd530 said:
Black Rabbit (and presumably Hinami) is looking for Sasaki. Torso joins Black Rabbit's group in Aogiri Tree.

Urie wants to disable his RC cell limit to surpass Sasaki. Doctor disagrees saying that it'll be too dangerous.

New enemy called Nutcracker who targets men's balls. As Torso's investigation got called off, Nutcracker is Team Q's new target. Sasaki afraid of Nutcracker destroying his own balls (Sasarious strikes again).

Team Q decides to talk about the subject while drinking coffee. Sasaki followed the scent of coffee with his so-called "Nose Kagune" (Damnit Sasarious).

Touka walks in, calling Yomo as brother, and scolds him for not greeting customers.

I think the "Nutcracker" is actually Uta.

It has already been established that Uta eats dick and is most likely a homosexual so I have no doubts that he is the one targeting men's balls.
Dec 7, 2014 12:25 AM

Oct 2014
anikaneki said:

They are cheating :D, all these ppl speak chinese.

@coolxax

Except that nutcracker is a woman.

I think she is Rize's long lost twin sister...they were born from two perverted parents, a father who liked to have sex with animals, and a psychopath mother who liked to make statues made of bones.

Why do you think Uta is homosexual????

A lot of ppl eat cow cods, and that doesnt mean they want to have sex with an animal :D
gabyta07Dec 7, 2014 12:30 AM
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 7, 2014 12:45 AM

Oct 2014
Goupi!!!
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 7, 2014 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
gabyta07 said:
anikaneki said:

They are cheating :D, all these ppl speak chinese.

Feels great to have that luxury ;D
Dec 7, 2014 2:21 AM

Jul 2010
Holy shit, didn't notice it before, but when I read it again I noticed that Juuzou has black hair and has that tall guy as his partner.

Tokyo Ghoul:Joker is real and it happened sometime between TG and TG:re. <3
Dec 7, 2014 3:25 AM

Jul 2014
coolxal said:

It has already been established that Uta eats dick and is most likely a homosexual so I have no doubts that he is the one targeting men's balls.

Are you serious right now? How the fuck does that look like a man to you?
Dec 7, 2014 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
coolxal said:
redd530 said:

Do you mind telling me where did it mentions that Uta eats dick? I may have missed it.
Dec 7, 2014 3:37 AM

Apr 2014
ma103 said:
Do you mind telling me where did it mentions that Uta eats dick? I may have missed it.

I believe he's talking about what happened in the prequel.
Dec 7, 2014 3:41 AM

Oct 2014
ma103 said:
coolxal said:

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 7, 2014 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
gabyta07 said:
ma103 said:

I see, thanks. damn never came to my mind that was a dick lol

Initially i thought it's just some random body part
Dec 7, 2014 4:25 AM

Nov 2012
i said joker was canon and literally everybody said "haha" to me
and suzuya knew sasaki=kaneki from the start
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 7, 2014 4:31 AM

Jul 2013
ma103 said:
gabyta07 said:

I see, thanks. damn never came to my mind that was a dick lol

Initially i thought it's just some random body part

....and I thought it was a random body part too. Uta yaa naasstyyy
Dec 7, 2014 4:33 AM
Aug 2014
i found the number 3 written in blood even though i dont know what it means. its on page 5, on the panes where the doctor says something about sasakis kakuhou.
Dec 7, 2014 4:54 AM

Oct 2014
metantei_kaneki said:
i found the number 3 written in blood even though i dont know what it means. its on page 5, on the panes where the doctor says something about sasakis kakuhou.

I also saw it, but I don't think it has anything to do with Sasaki,maybe it was an accident by Ishida :D bc the three is the empress.

Mothering — Fertility — Sexuality — Abundance
Material prosperity — Pleasure — Comfort — Power
Nature — Delight — Desire — Physical attraction
Health — Sensuality — Beauty — Satisfaction

Unless is to let us know that the rinkaku wants to get to know a certain ukaku and get it on.
:D
Lol that's lame lol

Dec 7, 2014 8:15 AM

Oct 2014
This was Prob my favorite chapter so far.
Dec 7, 2014 11:19 AM

Sep 2014
The actual chapter isn't out is it? Didn't see it on Imperial Scans at least. I've read like 70% of the spoilers but still waiting for the actual thing.

Also... FUCKING TOUKA
Dec 7, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2014
CNTRI715 said:
The actual chapter isn't out is it? Didn't see it on Imperial Scans at least. I've read like 70% of the spoilers but still waiting for the actual thing.

Also... FUCKING TOUKA

all aboard the touka express!

and the volume isn't out yet. i had to read the tumblr translation.

i hope we don't have to wait to long for saiko "21:00" so maybe next chapter!!!
Dec 7, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
fuck teach me how to japan, the translation is late D:
Dec 7, 2014 11:40 AM
Nov 2014
can't wait for imperial scans to release the translations ;.;
Dec 7, 2014 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
ahah im sure theres tons of ppl like me on Imperialscans spaming refresh for the release
Dec 7, 2014 12:00 PM

Oct 2014
Nope...what I am refreshing is this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Zwq2_njezILPbhozSwR-Fq-c1iXeRckRj9H3MyBrVw/pubhtml

LOL

Dec 7, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2014
It's not going to be released today, according to the staff over at Imperialscans. It will most likely be tomorrow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2014 3:07 PM

Nov 2014
Kvothe51 said:
It's not going to be released today, according to the staff over at Imperialscans. It will most likely be tomorrow.

I saw pages as far back as friday, why do they have a few pages on friday but not all of them? If they did have all the pages why does it take so long? Shouldn't the chapter be up within minutes after all pages can be seen?
Dec 7, 2014 3:18 PM

Jun 2014
n0thinglasts said:
Kvothe51 said:

I saw pages as far back as friday, why do they have a few pages on friday but not all of them? If they did have all the pages why does it take so long? Shouldn't the chapter be up within minutes after all pages can be seen?

cuz ppl dont get paid for translating, so they do it whenever they want to
IlovepancakeDec 7, 2014 3:27 PM
Dec 7, 2014 4:44 PM

Apr 2014
Great to see Suzuya Juzou still as sharp as ever. Touka needs a hair cut annnd Yomo looks the exact same I guess.
Dec 7, 2014 7:20 PM

Sep 2014
Ilovepancake said:
n0thinglasts said:

cuz ppl dont get paid for translating, so they do it whenever they want to

Exactly, we really aren't entitled to anything with these translations because people are volunteering their time to do it. I'm just thankful someone does it consistently every week.
Dec 7, 2014 8:14 PM

Oct 2014
was anyone else a victim of the great Tokyo Ghoul Translation Famine as i was?

1-85 being translated out of 132 chapters ? with chunks of chapters being translated in random increments?

those were some tough times....tough times indeed
Dec 7, 2014 8:26 PM

Sep 2014
anikaneki said:

1-85 being translated out of 132 chapters ? with chunks of chapters being translated in random increments?

No luckily I started reading the manga when the anime was halfway done or so. Pretty much all the chapters were up and translated by that point but I think I did have to hunt a few down.

Luckily Tokyo Ghoul is definitely popular enough now where we should't have to worry about translation problems anymore.
Dec 7, 2014 9:16 PM

Jul 2013
anikaneki said:

That sounds painful...I started reading a week before the final chapter bomb was dropped on us, so luckily I didn't have to go through that
Dec 7, 2014 10:23 PM

Dec 2012
I hope something happen between Touka and Sasaki on the next chapter :3
Dec 7, 2014 11:51 PM

Apr 2014
anikaneki said:

No but back when twisted helscans were doing the translations those were really tough times because they did their translations really slow. I was still stuck in chapter 60 when they were doing it.
Dec 8, 2014 3:17 AM

Apr 2014
anikaneki said:

Yeah I started reading before the anime started. Got to about chapter 70 peacefully. Then realised the rest of the chapters were in japanese. The struggle was real.
Dec 8, 2014 6:54 AM
Oct 2012
Dec 8, 2014 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
Acernos said:
Tokyo Ghoul was considered the 12th most amazing manga of the year.:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-08/kono-manga-ga-sugoi-2015-series-ranking-for-male-readers/.81892

Oh that's cool. Glad the manga is getting the recognition it deserved.
Dec 8, 2014 7:19 AM
Oct 2012
there is also another ranking, but One Piece was second in that, so I do not take it seriously.
Dec 8, 2014 8:44 AM

Oct 2014
CNTRI715 said:

No luckily I started reading the manga when the anime was halfway done or so. Pretty much all the chapters were up and translated by that point but I think I did have to hunt a few down.
Luckily Tokyo Ghoul is definitely popular enough now where we should't have to worry about translation problems anymore.

MuggleBorn said:
]
That sounds painful...I started reading a week before the final chapter bomb was dropped on us, so luckily I didn't have to go through that

Z4k said:

No but back when twisted helscans were doing the translations those were really tough times because they did their translations really slow. I was still stuck in chapter 60 when they were doing it.

KanjiKano said:

Yeah I started reading before the anime started. Got to about chapter 70 peacefully. Then realised the rest of the chapters were in japanese. The struggle was real.

man i was almost writhing in pain. 1-85 was translated then raw chapters till about 106 and then raw gaps increments of like 5 to 10. that was real manga hell. luckily at one point almost every other day a chapter was translated. but then almost when you caught up to the current chapter....ISHIDA DROPS THE "END" BOMB...

it was overwhelming for me. it was like finally askin the girl out you liked and you find out some jerk did it 5 minutes before you. lol

welp the cold war is over glad the scans are weekly and reliable now!
Dec 8, 2014 9:11 AM

Sep 2014
anikaneki said:

man i was almost writhing in pain. 1-85 was translated then raw chapters till about 106 and then raw gaps increments of like 5 to 10. that was real manga hell. luckily at one point almost every other day a chapter was translated. but then almost when you caught up to the current chapter....ISHIDA DROPS THE "END" BOMB...

it was overwhelming for me. it was like finally askin the girl out you liked and you find out some jerk did it 5 minutes before you. lol

welp the cold war is over glad the scans are weekly and reliable now!

When I caught up it was literally like 1 or 2 chapters until the end of Tokyo Ghoul, I think the last chapter I had to read before waiting for new releases was Kaneki getting stabbed through the head by Arima. I was like "man this is awesome, finally caught up on the story and now I can read it weekly"... and then chapter 143 happened lol. But like you said :re is here now and hopefully it will be a long, long time going.

And on a side note the first time I came on here was when 143 had been released and everyone was flipping out over the Owl/Eto/Takatsuki reveal, lol. I remember seeing the spoilers a day before the chapter came out and seeing that last panel of Takatsuki's face as she came out of the Kakuja, still one of my favorite twists/reveals in any story. Good times haha
Dec 8, 2014 9:14 AM
Dec 2011
anikaneki said:

lmao I never thought this manga would be this popular. I started reading this when I saw ppl talking about the anime but I started with the manga first.. Well I always prefer the original and I think I made right decision there :D

Anywayd I got bored around Gourmet arc because of the slow pace of the story but thank god someone insisted me to keep reading until ch.60 and baam! My life changed forever after that. lol It was amusing to see the translation teams somewhat 'fought' over this series and some of the them were being jerk to other teams and also to the readers. But mann I miss Twisted Hell Scan translation I think they are the best TG scanslation team out there :(
Dec 8, 2014 9:57 AM

Oct 2014
CNTRI715 said:

When I caught up it was literally like 1 or 2 chapters until the end of Tokyo Ghoul, I think the last chapter I had to read before waiting for new releases was Kaneki getting stabbed through the head by Arima. I was like "man this is awesome, finally caught up on the story and now I can read it weekly"... and then chapter 143 happened lol. But like you said :re is here now and hopefully it will be a long, long time going.

lilymul said:

lmao I never thought this manga would be this popular. I started reading this when I saw ppl talking about the anime but I started with the manga first.. Well I always prefer the original and I think I made right decision there :D

Anywayd I got bored around Gourmet arc because of the slow pace of the story but thank god someone insisted me to keep reading until ch.60 and baam! My life changed forever after that. lol It was amusing to see the translation teams somewhat 'fought' over this series and some of the them were being jerk to other teams and also to the readers. But mann I miss Twisted Hell Scan translation I think they are the best TG scanslation team out there :(

Ctri715 i was in the same boat i was like "man its getting good, where're they gonna go next with this?! Lemme research the author, maybe he's written someth- ENDING????!!!! WHAT!?!?!?!?!" My world was crumbling..lol

Lilymul i enjoyed the maturity and art of the story alot but when chapter 61 came i couldn't believe it.i was like "....this!? this is happening to the main character!?!? no....he can't escape! he's trapped. no last second rescue by some convenient character in the knick of time!?...wtf is he gonna do?!?" mind explosion.. i think thats when i manifested an addiction
Dec 8, 2014 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
anikaneki said:
CNTRI715 said:

lilymul said:

Ctri715 i was in the same boat i was like "man its getting good, where're they gonna go next with this?! Lemme research the author, maybe he's written someth- ENDING????!!!! WHAT!?!?!?!?!" My world was crumbling..lol

Lilymul i enjoyed the maturity and art of the story alot but when chapter 61 came i couldn't believe it.i was like "....this!? this is happening to the main character!?!? no....he can't escape! he's trapped. no last second rescue by some convenient character in the knick of time!?...wtf is he gonna do?!?" mind explosion.. i think thats when i manifested an addiction

That chapter sure turn me into an addict too. Ironically, the torturer turn out to be the one who needs last second rescue.
Dec 8, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2014
why tokyo ghoul chapter isnt out yet, im like a crackhead that didnt smoke in a week im shackinggg pls rapido releaso
Dec 8, 2014 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
ma103 said:

That chapter sure turn me into an addict too. Ironically, the torturer turn out to be the one who needs last second rescue.

the real irony was: Jason, a ghoul tortured by humans, was killed by Suzuya, a human tortured by ghouls..

now they're happily ever after in the 13th district. J.S.13
Dec 8, 2014 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
still waiting for translation.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.