Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 4, 2014 12:41 AM

Dec 2014
trillshit said:
i don't think it would make a difference since a lot of men don't have the courtesy to lift the toilet seat when they go pee.
Comments like these only make me think of South park.
Dec 4, 2014 7:30 AM

Jun 2014
Oh man if gender neutral washrooms were introduced in our world... I can just imagine the incline in teen pregnancies already
Dec 4, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2009
Spooks_McBones said:
Noboru said:
because most People have a normal Sexuality

Maybe I should've worded it like that: "most People act like they have a normal (Cisgender and heterosexual) Sexuality and if in Doubt, prefer the straight Option and accept their own Sex, even if their Gender is not perfectly reflecting stereo-typical Traits according to the Sex they were born with."

traed said:
Keep in mind handicapped people are a minority too but every restroom caters to them.

The Difference between handicapped People and Transgenders is, that handicapped People might need special Facilities. While Transgenders just have to deal with it.
Honestly, I myself feel and act sometimes like a Girl, but I would never deny the Fact that I'm male and therefore have to go to the Toilet for Males.

Also the Improvements/Adjustments you've suggested cost more Money. I'd rather see it spent somewhere else where it's really necessary like keeping the Infrastructures in good Condition, having better Equipment and more Leeway for Projects.
NoboruDec 4, 2014 11:23 AM
Dec 4, 2014 11:21 AM

Aug 2013
Noboru said:

Maybe I should've worded it like that: "most People act like they have a normal (Cisgender and heterosexual) Sexuality and if in Doubt, prefer the straight Option and accept their respective Gender according to their own Sex."

Or "the majority of the students are straight."

As for neutral bathrooms what about the kids that are still uncomfortable with sharing a room you shit n piss in with the opposite gender. Not to mention if there are troughs the guys will have to piss near women who could easily glance or take pictures. Imagine how many illegally taken photos will pass around school, the women spreading photo's of dudes dicks and the dudes spreading photos of the girls that they took over the stalls.
Dec 4, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
Spooks_McBones said:
Or "the majority of the students are straight."

... and/or display themselves as straight.
I've worded it slightly differently again, so that the Difference between "Sex" and "Gender" makes more Sense.

Spooks_McBones said:

Imagine how many illegally taken photos will pass around school, the women spreading photo's of dudes dicks and the dudes spreading photos of the girls that they took over the stalls.

Well, to be fair, it might not happen with a more civilized Group of Persons who are already out of their Puberty. Or in short terms: Adults at College/University or at Work.

But that still doesn't mean that Adults can't be/feel uncomfortable about sharing a Room with the opposite Sex, too, especially if they weren't used to it. And if they were used to it, there's a high Chance that they had experienced those Problems you've described.
Dec 4, 2014 3:35 PM

Mar 2008
^
I didnt know some people held it that long X_X

Qans said:
Oh man if gender neutral washrooms were introduced in our world... I can just imagine the incline in teen pregnancies already
Like I said earlier if there were cameras in the restrrooms that you cant see them into the stalls of course but just the doors then people wouldnt be that likely to do that. Even without that not many would do anything. If someone just wanted sex at school they would just walk into the opposite genders bathroom with who they are with and ignore the rules anyway so there is no real increase. I highly doubt there will be much spontaneous washroom sex.
Dec 4, 2014 11:01 PM

Dec 2013
Personally wouldn't care, but i can see lawsuits flying out the window if it were implemented in my area, so it's not gonna happen.
Dec 4, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2007
I would maybe be a bit hesitant to have gender neutral bathrooms in schools, but in other public areas that aren't specific to minors or those around that age, I believe gender neutral bathrooms are a good idea. Mainly to reduce the stress and anxiety of transgender people.
Dec 4, 2014 11:34 PM

Mar 2008
Noboru said:
But that still doesn't mean that Adults can't be/feel uncomfortable about sharing a Room with the opposite Sex, too, especially if they weren't used to it. And if they were used to it, there's a high Chance that they had experienced those Problems you've described.
Which isnt an issue if the divided rooms still exist along with the mixed ones. As I had already said.
Dec 4, 2014 11:38 PM
Jul 2014
I wouldn't care.
Dec 4, 2014 11:40 PM

Nov 2014
they obviously want to get up to no good if you know what i mean
Dec 5, 2014 12:09 AM

Apr 2012
Nicoreos said:
MaiTai said:

And what's keeping people from smearing shit on the regular bathrooms? Lol.

Their stupidity and lack of overseers. Really, this idea is nothing to cheer about and it's horribly ludicrous with MechaKiryu's example pinpointing my sentiments, it's always going to be taken the wrong way one way or another. Do you realize who we're talking about here? This is high school, not college. Most teenagers don't have fully developed senses of right and wrong just yet.

I never understood this argument. The younger you are, the more you buy into what you're told by your parents and those around you, meaning young people understand what's "right and wrong" better than anybody. Morality is a human construct, not something wired into our biology.

Moreover, once somebody is in the middle of their teenage years, it's highly unlikely they'll change much as they grow older.
Dec 5, 2014 12:24 AM

Mar 2008
C__Who said:
they obviously want to get up to no good if you know what i mean
You can do that in a normal restroom as is already. Its not hard to walk into them with someone.
Dec 5, 2014 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Actually if our school had a gender neutral bathroom it'd be really convenient for my transgender friend. So I'm all for it.
Dec 5, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
Sayako said:
but in other public areas that aren't specific to minors or those around that age, I believe gender neutral bathrooms are a good idea.

Why don't you see any problem in having public rest rooms where a 40+ man can enter where a 10 year old girl could be alone? or vice versa reverse genders.

If you were a parent would you be ok with watching your young son or daughter enter a public bathroom followed by someone in their 40's of the opposite sex?
Dec 5, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2007
Spooks_McBones said:
Sayako said:
but in other public areas that aren't specific to minors or those around that age, I believe gender neutral bathrooms are a good idea.

Why don't you see any problem in having public rest rooms where a 40+ man can enter where a 10 year old girl could be alone? or vice versa reverse genders.

If you were a parent would you be ok with watching your young son or daughter enter a public bathroom followed by someone in their 40's of the opposite sex?

If I were that worried, I could accompany them into the bathroom. I can't do that when they're in school.
Dec 5, 2014 2:48 PM

Apr 2012
Spooks_McBones said:
Sayako said:

Yeah, we should make age based bathrooms, that's the best idea ever.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 5, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
Immahnoob said:

Wouldn't bathrooms aimed at old people have access ramps not stairs though.
Dec 5, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
Spooks_McBones said:
Immahnoob said:

Wouldn't bathrooms aimed at old people have access ramps not stairs though.
We don't need age based bathrooms anyway.

Autocrat said:
Dec 5, 2014 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
Immahnoob said:

Agest.

go ahead and use your 10,000 post responding to this lame line.
Dec 5, 2014 2:58 PM
Apr 2013
Gender neutral bathrooms are fine as long as they're optional.
Dec 5, 2014 3:48 PM

Apr 2012
Spooks_McBones said:
Immahnoob said:

Agest.

You mean ageist.

Autocrat said:
Dec 5, 2014 3:53 PM

Aug 2013
Immahnoob said:
Spooks_McBones said:

Agest.

You mean ageist.

Wouldn't be lame without a misspelling
Dec 5, 2014 3:54 PM

Mar 2008
Spooks_McBones said:
Sayako said:

Why don't you see any problem in having public rest rooms where a 40+ year old man can enter where a 10 year old boy could be alone? Or a 40+ year old woman can enter where a 10 year old girl could be alone?
Dec 5, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
What about public restrooms where a 40 year old gay muscular rapist can enter with a 20 year old handsome but really really weak?

Men are inherently rapists anyway. We should fear ourselves.

Autocrat said:
Dec 5, 2014 4:03 PM

Sep 2012
Spooks_McBones said:
Sayako said:

If you were worried about your child, why wouldn't you just go in with them?

Being gender neutral, it solves any problem of children of opposite sexes.
Dec 5, 2014 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
Red_Keys said:
Being gender neutral, it solves any problem of children of opposite sexes.
Yeah, that's pretty much what the restrooms were originally for. They at times are refereed to as a "family restroom".
Dec 5, 2014 4:58 PM

Apr 2014
it's a good idea
Dec 5, 2014 5:09 PM

Jul 2009
Jeyzus said:
I'm not homophobic

I don't think you or anyone else in this thread even know what homophobia is. I've been studying society and politics in university, and I still have no idea what it is. It's a term that was created by a knee-jerk, and was made to sound like a symptom for something that isn't. It's like saying I am Rightophobic if I specifically reject Rights theories, or that I am Utilitarianophobic if I specifically reject Utilitarianism. Which in both cases would sound ridiculous.

If you reject homosexuality or any form of sexual deviation on a subconscious level, then it just means such rejection is natural to you. And if you do it consciously, then it means you're doing it out of philosophical reasons.
Dec 5, 2014 5:09 PM

Jul 2014
Nah I'm good I don't wanna see the nasty shit chicks do in bathroom and I'm sure chicks don't want to see the shit guys do in them either lol.
Dec 5, 2014 5:14 PM

Oct 2014
A toilet is a toilet. Putting a sign on the door saying it's a female toiler or a male toilet doesn't change that fact.
And who cares who else is in the bathroom with them. I know it's been a long tradition now so if you saw the opposite gender in the bathroom you'd freak out but I mean what's the point? It's not like we go in there and showoff eachothers genitals. We do our business and get out as soon as possible.
I'm for them if that means they add more bathrooms.
Against if that means they reduce the amount of bathrooms.
And don't care if it stays the same.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 2 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

29 by DesuMaiden »»
22 minutes ago

» What's the most illegal thing you've ever done? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 15

51 by DesuMaiden »»
35 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

63 by duchessliz87 »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

60 by vampirismsxc »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.