Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 15, 2009 6:06 AM

Mar 2009
i dont hate macs i hate mac users.

but lets get onto the main topic of why i dont use a mac as oppsed to why i use a pc.

you see with a pc i can create my own system to suite my needs. i have acces to all the programming lamguage i dont even have to run microsoft i can run anything i want i can even creat my own gui using basic skills. i can use dos to run anything theres a few.

so the argument for a long time was that the tech mac used was supererior. then they started using intell and nvidia graphics to keep up with thier falgging success as usual. so then the next argument was that the OS of mac was ''better'' easier to use and more intunitive but then they manged to be able to get vista working on it so people could run that if they wanted.

and now im going to show you what a REAL gui OC should look like

^ thats intuitive.

SHUT UP MAC OS AND WIN7 AND YOU TOO INUX YOU ALL CRAP COMPARED TO THIS AND YOU KNOW IT

so mac failed at tech its now using bog standard pc intel and grahics packages and the OS is not that great.

really all you getting when you by a mac is a sense of you own inflated ego combined with a i admit well designed pc not unlike the other pc manufactures like alienware and dell and HP and IBM mac essesntialy a computer manufacturer let get this clear.

lets look at the specs for a macbook:
Intel Core 2 Duo Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB Memory 4GB Memory
160GB hard drive1 250GB hard drive1
SD card slot SD card slot
Built-in 7-hour battery2 Built-in 7-hour battery2
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

now lets look at the dell xps

Base
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.10 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache)
Specifications - Base

Microsoft Operating SystemGenuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 (64 BIT) - English
Specifications - Microsoft Operating System

LCD17.0" UltraSharp™ WUXGA (1920x1200) TFT with TrueLife™ with Integrated 2.0MP web cam
Specifications - LCD

Video Card
Single 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8700m GT graphics card
Specifications - Video Card

Memory2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
Specifications - Memory

Hard Drive160GB Free Fall Sensor (7200RPM) Hard Drive
Specifications - Hard Drive

Optical Devices
Fixed 8x DVD+/-RW (DVD read/write) drive, including SW
Specifications - Optical Devices

Enhanced Service Packs
1 year of coverage included with your PC

BOTH LOOK THE SAME TO ME AND THERE BOTH £899 ok i admit the graphics card is a little better in the mac book for the same price but thats really about it and this isnt a top end XPS its an old model so its to be expected.

it make computers which is how it differs to most companies and i would much prefer still to buy a dell or alienware than a mac and that is an astectic value IMO and just like i wont buy a prada suitcase or a gucci belt when somthing simular and better IMO is out doesnt mean that im saying you shouldnt buy a mac if that the design you feel suite your astectic tastes.

BUT PLEASE FOR GOODNESS SAKE STOP ACTING LIKE MACS ARE SOMHOW BETTER THAN ANY OTHER PC WHEN IT IS ESSENTIAL A PC AND THATS THAT.

i was thinking about getting a mac im still not sure but god damn it owning a mac mean you have to become a pretentious prick i just dont know if i can make that leap from logic and reason to pure retarded stupidity for the sake of a mac logo on my PERSONAL COMPUTER.

i can toaltly understand hatred for microsoft OS btu mac OS is just as bullshit.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 15, 2009 8:27 AM

Sep 2008
The reason I don't like macs is because of the locked down hardware (and lack of choice for hardware anyway, and having to go find an entirely new software library for the OS, as well as relearning a new OS. Too much effort.

Plus, I don't like the plastic look of the OS.

I can see that GUI coming standard on a touch screen computer though, that looks fun to play with.
Nov 15, 2009 9:38 AM

Sep 2008
Personally I hate mac users they are like a Hive mind of stupid, it's never a mac problem it's always a PC's to them. There is nothing the Mac can do that the PC can't. but there are tons of things macs still can't do that PC's can. And i really don't wanna hear "Oh mac is good for graphic design." Yea bullshit, that was the case when macromedia was around, but now that adobe owns everything, it works on PC too. Also most Autodesk programs have a hard time working on Macs. I equate macs to like casual computer users, it's nice for a 5 year old, or the incompetenty. But sooner or later you should upgrade to a big boy computer.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 15, 2009 10:05 AM

Mar 2009
BumpTop is a piece of shareware that you can download for Windows 7 or Vista. That said, the charm wears off once you actually begin to run it... It's rather un-intuitive and cumbersome, not to mention a resource hog.

There have been 3D UI like that for the better part of a decade, and the reason that no one uses them is that they are not efficient. Regardless of how dated it is, the standard Menu/Desktop Icons/Task Bar setup is quite efficient and intuitive.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Nov 15, 2009 10:10 AM

Mar 2009
rTz said:
BumpTop is a piece of shareware that you can download for Windows 7 or Vista. That said, the charm wears off once you actually begin to run it... It's rather un-intuitive and cumbersome, not to mention a resource hog.

There have been 3D UI like that for the better part of a decade, and the reason that no one uses them is that they are not efficient. Regardless of how dated it is, the standard Menu/Desktop Icons/Task Bar setup is quite efficient and intuitive.

combine the gui that i posted in the vid if you watched it you should know its as new as vista at the time its pretty old then yes

so

then

we

step it up

time to move to the future stop fighting it

the fact people seem to WANT to opt for a click and point mouse and bar user interface means thy are silly monkeys and need to get up to speed by now its 3 years since this was released WHERE IS IT oh yes people dont know about it IM HERE TO TELL YOU
Nov 15, 2009 10:39 AM

May 2008
Can't resist replying, in my case I don't hate any OS, HOWEVER I will break windows in a day (and only reinstalling or linux solves the issue), linux about once a month (but I can repair it when I need to), but macs won't break, as I can't mess around with them. Being in a situation where I can freely choose between the three operating systems, I have to be honest and say that mac turned out to be the best OS to get work done.

Still most interesting about the 3d interfaces is that they don't work at all, instead we went with tabs the other directions, a 1d like interface would probably be the most efficient one, something like http://vimeo.com/6712657 will work quite well. On linux and mac I could achieve something similar for ages using the workspaces (especially using the right plugins I got quite close)

PS. I actually wrote this comment only to check out my new signature :P Try clicking on one of the anime thumbnails :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2009 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
A lot of the good software that I use (open source not loaded 99% with garbage) isn't available for mac. Also if I want to play a random JP game (like Melty Blood or Touhou) it isn't available for Mac OS. Also apple software seems to be dumbed down for people who don't know anything about computers...have you seen what makes up Ipod software? Just give me a small HDD that has simple audio playback software installed, thank you (brb installing Rockbox).
Nov 15, 2009 11:12 AM

May 2008
I could never understand what's the appeal about Macs and why people choose them.

Nov 15, 2009 12:40 PM

Jul 2006
MACS are over expensive pieces of shit.

I paid 800 dollars for my laptop.

Which includes 500 GB HD, 4 GB of ram, and a fast processor

For 2000 bucks I could get a MAC with 150 GB HD, 1 GB of ram, etc....

Shit computers are shit.

Nov 15, 2009 12:45 PM

May 2007
Ugh, another mac vs pc debate...these are so tiring. Use whatever suits you, seriously.

JusticeGundam said:

Shit computers are shit.

$800 is not expensive. Overpriced, maybe.

Pieces of shit, no.

corbenic said:
I could never understand what's the appeal about Macs and why people choose them.

I used to be a PC user, and honestly, Adobe runs horribly on it. It locks up and crashes all the time. My comp would crash and I would lose all of my work. It runs much better on my mac.
Nov 15, 2009 12:48 PM

Mar 2009
ScrumYummy said:
Ugh, another mac vs pc debate...these are so tiring. Use whatever suits you, seriously.

JusticeGundam said:

Shit computers are shit.

$800 is not expensive. Overpriced, maybe.

Pieces of shit, no.

corbenic said:

I used to be a PC user, and honestly, Adobe runs horribly on it. It locks up and crashes all the time. My comp would crash and I would lose all of my work. It runs much better on my mac.

you must have a had a shit pc.
Nov 15, 2009 12:48 PM

Jul 2006
It's a piece of shit if I have to pay 1000+ more for a laptop that has less.

Nov 15, 2009 12:52 PM

May 2007
NBH said:

you must have a had a shit pc.

Actually, no, not at the time. It was a toshiba satellite, which was the recommended pc laptop for artists.

JusticeGundam said:
It's a piece of shit if I have to pay 1000+ more for a laptop that has less.

It works better and I gladly pay more for it. But you and I don't have the same computing needs.
Nov 15, 2009 12:57 PM

Feb 2009
Repeat after me Macs ARE PCs

You do realize what PC stands for in the computer sense of the word correct?

Personal Computer!!!

Mac today is a brand no more special than Dell or HP.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Nov 15, 2009 1:30 PM

Mar 2009
Sukunai said:

Personal Computer!!!

if you read my post which i doubt most of the people here did i basically said as much.
Nov 15, 2009 1:33 PM

May 2008
Sukunai said:

Personal Computer!!!

Although you are technically right, language is about communication and most of us are proficient enough in English to realise that PC refers to non-apple computers (no matter how non-sensible it is).

Aside of that, let me put it this way (although I am officially a linux guy): In our school they implemented apple laptops for all students two years ago (and for financial reasons I was kinda against it), the laptops were all dual booting windows/mac, so everybody had the choice to use whatever he or she wanted... in the end about 4/5 of all students AND teachers switched to mac. Especially teachers surprised me, as adults tend to never switch from what they are used. I won't say mac is better, but the whole experience is definitely more polished than on windows/linux.

Post scripto: Don't use the word 'shit' so easily, currently computers are definitely overpowered and *nix based OS's are using resources a lot more efficiently, so even on good computers adobe software would often not work well once you launched the fireworks/flash combo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2009 1:54 PM
Jun 2008
Mac users are a pain in the ass, but every time I sneeze, my PC gets a virus, so I hate it for that.
Nov 15, 2009 2:07 PM

Mar 2009
tehnominator said:
Mac users are a pain in the ass, but every time I sneeze, my PC gets a virus, so I hate it for that.

my pc got AIDS and CNCER and stll ran better than a mac
Nov 15, 2009 2:08 PM
Jun 2008
NBH said:
tehnominator said:

My PC invented swine flu.
Nov 15, 2009 2:11 PM

Mar 2009
tehnominator said:
NBH said:
tehnominator said:

My PC invented swine flu.

MY PC INVENTED AIDS AND THE CAUGHT IT WOW HUH

its also invented ebola
Nov 15, 2009 3:20 PM

Nov 2009
My pc invented the flux capacitor.
Nov 15, 2009 3:20 PM

Mar 2009
Rei-Rei said:

GREAT SCOTT!!!
Nov 15, 2009 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
NBH said:
Rei-Rei said:

GREAT SCOTT!!!

;p
Nov 15, 2009 3:22 PM

Jan 2008
Some researchers claim 1 in 10 people are gay. 1 in 10 computer owners use a Mac.

Coincidence? :p
~ Mr. Panda // Twitter: @ManlyBats
~ The Anime Historian
~ Fleet Admiral, Manly Battleships®
Ask Mr. Panda Thread
Follow Mr. Panda's VCR of DOOM! review series here. Now on YouTube!
Nov 15, 2009 3:23 PM

Mar 2009
Mr_Panda said:
Some researchers claim 1 in 10 people are gay. 1 in 10 computer owners use a Mac.

Coincidence? :p

you know in my class of about 36 about half use macs. which is why i hate my class so much.
Nov 15, 2009 3:26 PM

Nov 2009
That's a lot of macs.
Nov 15, 2009 3:30 PM

Mar 2009
Rei-Rei said:
That's a lot of macs.

tell me about it im doing photoscience as part of my course the place is filled the macs i hate it
Nov 15, 2009 4:55 PM

Sep 2007
Can you play F.E.A.R. or Borderlands on a Mac? No?

Well, fuck all that, then.
PunishedHametsuNov 15, 2009 5:01 PM
Nov 15, 2009 6:12 PM

Nov 2007
Computer bashing, like console bashing, is kind of lame in my opinion. Some people prefer MACs, some prefer Windows. Does it really matter what they like?

I use Linux at home, Windows at work, and MAC at school sometimes. Out of all of them, I like Windows the least because it's the most prone to getting viruses and, to be honest, my work computer runs like absolute crap. I've had nothing but problems with that computer while Linux and MAC run perfectly fine. Despite that, I'm not going to go out and RAGE my non-existent Windows hatred.
Nov 15, 2009 8:09 PM

Apr 2009
Mac fails because it's an overpriced, underpowered operating system that only runs on systems purchased directly from Apple. But the real reason that I absolutely hate Macs is that some people have the nerve to then say that Mac is the best OS, citing non-existent advantages of Mac over Windows, pointing out ridiculous flaws for Windows (Windows gets viruses? Rarely if ever because anti-virus is your friend, not to mention that Macs get viruses too, they're just not as publicized because nobody gives a shit about Mac), and assuming that there are only two operating systems (Linux > Mac in every way).
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Nov 15, 2009 8:26 PM

Dec 2008
I use my PC mostly for Gaming, sometimes I edit pics and stuff as well. Macs don't have the same potence that a PC does have (Proccessor, GPU, RAM...) and also there are few games for the MACs. And even if there were enough games for Mac they would run like shit, because it's performance it's ruly deplorable. So as games there are lots of more programs for Windows, so the possibilities are enddless and so the entertaiment.

I guess, in the end, is a question of lifestyle, for example: people who work in a newspaper and edit pictures and actually make the newspaper digitally use Mac. Why? Because it's suited for that. Mac (IMO) it's for media and editing, If you are into entertaiment, gaming and a overall considerable performance just go for a PC.

Also there exist the issue of the prize... I mean come on! For 1000$ spended on a iMac I could buy a Alienware with everything I can think of and I would still have some spare money. Macs sure look pretty on the outside, but in the inside they're crap. Design or performance you decide lol!
vault2049Nov 15, 2009 8:33 PM
Nov 15, 2009 11:38 PM
Sep 2009
^ Ownage hahaha

If you can afford a mac...buy it, much more reliable and will last till the stone age haha Doesnt get viruses and will not die/crash on you.. The reason macs have less pc power is because the OS is lighter and it uses the power more efficiently, trust me Ive noticed.. A mac with 2gb or ram runs as fast as a pc with 4gb.. Its like american muscle vs light import..

Besides the fact that if you download tons of anime/music like I do, you dont need to worry about viruses..ever lol I used to HATE macs.. but after my 2nd pc died of viruses, I decided to give it a try, and Im pleasantly surprised. Most people that `hate` them dont know how to use the OS in the first place..and if you say you do and still say the OS is bad..then trust me you still dont know how to use it XD
Nov 15, 2009 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
Macs are decent computers but are mostly used as Over Priced fashion accessories by the users. Yes people buy them to be cool I know this first hand. And yes it sickens me. Its mostly the users I dislike. And Steve Jobs. all he does is spout off a bunch of nonsense. I wonder how many millions of people think macs can't get a virus. Fools! Its less likely to get one because there are less macs. So less carriers to distribute a virus. But oh they have them. As an IT student ive seen more than a few mac Virsues first hand.

But lets talk turkey here.

would I buy a mac... yes because it will help me to get more mac experience to boost my career.

will I buy a mac desktop? No I could easily build a PC desktop with specs 50% greater than a mac that costs 30% less

would I buy a mac book? yes to gain familiarity with the system and use it as a learning experience. I am sure I could find some use for one at home with my other computers.
Nov 16, 2009 12:15 AM

May 2008
Akito38 said:
Macs are decent computers but are mostly used as Over Priced fashion accessories by the users. Yes people buy them to be cool I know this first hand. And yes it sickens me. Its mostly the users I dislike. And Steve Jobs. all he does is spout off a bunch of nonsense. I wonder how many millions of people think macs can't get a virus. Fools! Its less likely to get one because there are less macs. So less carriers to distribute a virus. But oh they have them. As an IT student ive seen more than a few mac Virsues first hand.

But lets talk turkey here.

would I buy a mac... yes because it will help me to get more mac experience to boost my career.

will I buy a mac desktop? No I could easily build a PC desktop with specs 50% greater than a mac that costs 30% less

would I buy a mac book? yes to gain familiarity with the system and use it as a learning experience. I am sure I could find some use for one at home with my other computers.
Your reasoning why mac/linux wouldn't get viruses is - though popularly accepted - not true, there are two, far more important reasons for this: Firstly and by far most importantly is the core file right management on *nix based systems (though I hate it when developing). This makes it near impossible to make good use out of any bugs (which is what you generally do when developing viruses). Secondly users tend to be more computer-aware when they use linux or mac, its discussable how big the effect of this is, but it definitely affects the numbers.

Aside of that, people should realise the reason there are no games on mac/linux is due to microsoft market monopoly (there aren't enough users on mac/linux), not due to the fact that mac/linux would be worse.
Nov 16, 2009 12:24 AM

Jun 2008

I don't hate macs nor the users but I can't stand the mouse with only one button -.-'
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Nov 16, 2009 12:49 AM

Mar 2009
those mac commercials are so gay
Nov 16, 2009 4:33 AM

Aug 2008
feder said:
Computer bashing, like console bashing, is kind of lame in my opinion. Some people prefer MACs, some prefer Windows. Does it really matter what they like?

I use Linux at home, Windows at work, and MAC at school sometimes. Out of all of them, I like Windows the least because it's the most prone to getting viruses and, to be honest, my work computer runs like absolute crap. I've had nothing but problems with that computer while Linux and MAC run perfectly fine. Despite that, I'm not going to go out and RAGE my non-existent Windows hatred.

This, personally, I prefer Mac over Linux & Windows, Linux is a great OS, but my experience with hardware compatibility sucked, I couldn't find drivers for many of my hardware, sadly saying.

GreatS said:
Secondly users tend to be more computer-aware when they use linux or mac, its discussable how big the effect of this is, but it definitely affects the numbers.

I noticed that too, Linux users uses the root account only with necessary, while Windows users use the Administrator level account for their daily tasks. Sure, there are many windows users who don't do this, but I think they are minority.
Nov 16, 2009 7:43 AM

Aug 2009
NBH said:

snip....

i can toaltly understand hatred for microsoft OS btu mac OS is just as bullshit.

I agree with those sentiments. All all computers have their flaws regardless of what name is on them.

Windows has bugs in it but almost every program, every game and hardware at any store is compatible with windows and windows is much cheaper.

Macs are alleged to be more stable and not have that many viruses,spyware or adaware problems as windows( this is due to the lack of users mostly, not quality of the operating system, less users means hackers have less of a desire to screw with those machines ). But at the same time the program and hardware availability for Macs suck.
Nov 16, 2009 9:15 AM

Jun 2008
INSTALL GENTOO LOL
Nov 16, 2009 10:37 AM

Aug 2009
CaMaVan said:

I don't hate macs nor the users but I can't stand the mouse with only one button -.-'

Hitting the 'control' button while clicking delivers the same result as right clicking on a windows.

Anyhow.

I personally like Mac better because it's extremely user friendly and visually pleasing. I'm not a big computer buff and I don't play games unless they're PlayStation consoles, so it isn't an issue. It's easy to download and run lots of different software on a Mac if you know what you're doing and they run very smoothly.

I know zilch about other computers because I have only used a Mac, but I don't hate Windows or anything. I just don't like elitists who feel the need pick everything apart.
Nov 16, 2009 11:30 AM

Oct 2008
NBH said:

Yes, having a debate with mac users ( since in my highschool, my career is Computer A+ Repair) is difficult. --;

I don't care which is better, I'm pretty patient and as long as the computer can show me anime, it's good. xD
Nov 16, 2009 11:48 AM

Jul 2008
marionettekadaj said:
I just don't like elitists who feel the need pick everything apart.
If you don't pick everything apart, you can't get the truth.
Nov 16, 2009 12:04 PM

Apr 2009
cant wait to get rid of my pc >_<
wanna buy a macbook soon...
Nov 16, 2009 12:13 PM

Jul 2008
I've tried using a Mac in the Apple store.
It's so hard trying to get use to it when you've been using a PC almost all your life.
Nov 16, 2009 12:18 PM

Mar 2009
Mari-chan said:
It's so hard trying to get use to it when you've been using a PC almost all your life.
Mari-chan said:

just cut of one of your fingers and get a labotomy and you should be fine
Nov 16, 2009 12:18 PM

Oct 2007
Can't you just have both? Get the best of both worlds and dual-boot.
Play games and converting videos? Boot Windows
Edit videos and pictures? Boot OSX
Nov 16, 2009 12:26 PM

Mar 2009
AngelRayne said:
Can't you just have both? Get the best of both worlds and dual-boot.
Play games and converting videos? Boot Windows
Edit videos and pictures? Boot OSX

of course but that means you have to have some basic computer skills so that discounts mac users then.
Nov 16, 2009 12:57 PM

Jul 2008
I don't necessarily hate Macs, although I'd never use one. It's the same reason I'd never use an iPod. It's overpriced IMO, I can get a better computer that does more, for less, and most people who own it only bought because everyone else has one.

Granted, and this is what my brother tells me, apparently Macs do have a bunch of free software good for media editing and such. I have a friend who's studying media and she bought a Mac. It works well for her.

I'm in Science, so I use zero editing software for my homework. There's no reason for me to need a Mac. I got a Toshiba Satellite for about $600, and it works out great for me, seeing as the hardware is good enough to even handle gaming.

Yet at any given time when I turn around in the lecture hall, all I see is glowing apples. I want to cry, thinking of all those poor science students that only shelled out extra cash on a Mac because their friend had one too, when they could've gotten a computer better suited to their needs, for less.

But hey, if they want to sport their computer like a fashion accesorry, their fucking loss. :P

I do, however, hate those fucking obnoxious commercials. Those should be killed with fire and never mentioned again. >.>

I am the senpai that notices you.

Nov 16, 2009 1:00 PM

Mar 2009
pod people

theres a film about this about the pod people taking over.
Nov 16, 2009 1:42 PM

May 2009
LMAO. I only hate the people that get overly defensive or argumentative over their chosen computer type.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.