Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 17, 2009 12:31 AM

Jan 2009
Love the new OP! And I can't wait for the movie too!
Nov 18, 2009 3:11 AM
Nov 2009
*Is always so desperate to watch the new episode that the opening gets skipped*

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh???!!! D: What's all this about spoilers in the opening? I wanna spoiler! >.< *Goes back to nom spoilers*

The timing is a little inconvenient, being in the middle of Impel Down and all, but this looks to be really excitiiinngg~♫, so all is forgiven :D

This episode was magnificent! Luffy and that gorram beetle ^_^ It was epsecially hilarious when everyone was looking horrified that they have been attacked by this great, beasty beetle, and then the camera turns to Luffy and he is like "Awesooome! Beetle, be my nakama! Usopp, help me catch it!" ^_^

The world would be so much less healthsome without One Piece ♥

EDIT: Oh.My.Goodness D: Everyone said there where spoilers, so does that mean
WUUUUHHW! Cool! :D
AliceWillNov 18, 2009 2:42 PM
Nov 18, 2009 5:56 AM

Dec 2008
Lilah said:

EDIT: Oh.My.Goodness D: Everyone said there where spoilers, so does that mean...Luffy really falls from the sky to save Ace like that at the last minute? WUUUUHHW! Cool! :D

EtnaEracleaNov 18, 2009 6:00 AM

Nov 18, 2009 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
I find this new OP is very sissy to fit on One Piece. It lacks supaa energy.
And the episode was a bit stupid.

Saviuz said:
I lol'd hard at ~11:40 when Sanji spoke with Zoro's voice.

What the...
[re-watching]
FAIL!! Look what have you done, yaoi!
Nov 18, 2009 2:47 PM
Nov 2009
EtnaEraclea said:
Lilah said:

EDIT: Oh.My.Goodness D: Everyone said there where spoilers, so does that mean...Luffy really falls from the sky to save Ace like that at the last minute? WUUUUHHW! Cool! :D

Awww nuuu! Sorry *adds spoiler tag*. No, not a big manga reader. Love love love you're avatar and signature~♥ :D

Oh, it is true about the op being quite feminine, isn't it? ^_^ It is all lovely.
Nov 18, 2009 3:19 PM
Jul 2009
waiting for the return to the chapter
Nov 20, 2009 5:25 PM

May 2008
That was...weird.

Thumbs down:

1)The quality of the art was a bit unstable..It would be good ιν some scenes then bad ιν others.
2)The animation and scenes of the new opening were nice but the music totally SUCKED.
3)Sanji opens his mouth but we hear Zoro. Unless Oda states that Zoro is also a ventriloguist this was epic fail. :P
4)A little, aggresive kid with a tragic past that hates pirates? AGAIN?
5)It's a filler episode.

Thumbs up:

1)It was enjoyable :D
2)It's a giant beetle that breathes fire!
3)It is a filler but it's linked to the movie that Oda himself works on ^^
4) WE FINALLY SAW THE WHOLE CREW AGAIN. I had missed them so much <3
5) We learned that Zoro is from the Frost Moon Village! This is the first time that we actually learn something about Zoro's past, before he went to that Dojo where he met Kuina and her father.
6) It was a nostalgic episode! They talked about Baratie, Kaya, East Blue aww <3
7) Just seeing them fooling around or relaxing on the ship makes my day.-

Loved it <3
Sennin_DarkissaNov 20, 2009 6:28 PM
Nov 20, 2009 6:18 PM

Jun 2007
Sennin_Darkissa said:
That was...weird.

3)Sanji opens his mouth but we hear Zoro. Unless Oda states that Zoro is also a ventriloguist this was epic fail. :P

Well... He does manage to speak with a sword in his mouth. But yea, that was a pretty big screw-up
Nov 24, 2009 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
So... this arc is canon right? I just don't get it where exactly it fits based the current time-line.
Bakayaro said:

The new OP: It's really out of place. Would probably make a great ED, but oh well.

Yes it would, but it feels out of place as an OP, with the upcoming epicness of the great escape, war and all.
Nov 26, 2009 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
I think the opening song would've been less awkward if the straw hats were the ones that sang it. :/ Might actually be pretty good. :3 It seemed like some parts were animated beautifully... and other parts of the animation were rushed. I really don't think it fit though... I mean, showing Ace going to get executed... a few seconds later you hear these guys singing in glee "woo woo Yay!!" D: wtf. Poor Ace. The episode was alright. Average for One Piece.
Nov 26, 2009 7:35 AM

Jun 2009
Good opening, not the best episode.
Dec 1, 2009 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
Usopp & Luffy's fanboyism at the beginning of the episode was just.. perfect >_< If One Piece was just them two marvelling at awesome stuff, I think I'd be satisfied.

And Chopper looked really camp when he was in human mode with that outfit >_>
Dec 8, 2009 9:57 AM
Mar 2008
aaaaaaaaaaaaa~.....ota.....ota.....ota.....OTASKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH~

ohoh ho ho ho homygooood~ lololol
Dec 11, 2009 9:59 PM
Nov 2007
WOAH THE SPOILERS IN THAT OPENING SEQUENCE! lol
Jan 19, 2010 4:06 PM

Jul 2009
Bakayaro said:
The new OP: It's really out of place. Would probably make a great ED, but oh well.

Yea, I agree.

But it's a really good song & specially the pics! I like the part where they show all the marine peeps & Ace surprised because Luffy came in rescue!!
(Thought I think dat the new companions of luffy r a little lame.)
Apr 15, 2010 9:16 PM

Apr 2008
cool new OP =D

Apr 21, 2010 5:12 AM

Oct 2008
Eww fillers. :<

Well they seem alright.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 22, 2010 7:10 AM

May 2008
i hate the cut in but its still awesome

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 18, 2010 12:25 PM

Feb 2010
What was the song the mexican pirate played? It was really awesome! :D
May 4, 2011 3:31 AM

Jul 2007
Well this is that new opening that everyone made such a fuss over they had to create a topic over 100 posts long why it sucks. Personally i disagree with everyone. Id ont know, i just like female singers more then i do male singers. In case opening was pretty awesome and different. Also its the first opening that reveals parts of the upcoming war.

For this that episode. It was ok. Is it just me or did the animators really fuck up choppers design, wtf was that? lol. anyways the new town they come upon "little east blue" is interesting. Also did they just mention where zoro is from? o_0. I don't even believe that has been revealed in the series yet. in any case its nice to see all the straw hats again.
ArtimesGamerMay 4, 2011 3:39 AM

May 4, 2011 3:36 AM

Jul 2007
radiantfire said:
WOAH THE SPOILERS IN THAT OPENING SEQUENCE! lol

There isn't really much spoilers, we already know that ace is bound to be executed. Its not surprising to see it in the opening. Also all the marines are gathering there forces for the upcoming threat which has already been detailed in the story so far.

May 4, 2011 3:47 AM

Jul 2007
Zero_r2 said:
ok...didnt expected that...
my thougths are pretty uchthe same as anyone else´s,
the op is slow paced not very one piece´ish, but gves a good feeling, and i dont read the manga but im sure in the last scene when falling from the sky along side with luffy are... Crocodile; Mr.3 ; the fat shishibukai, and someone else, ok im gonnaread the manga

and also...no me jodan ke todos los mexicanos somos asi para el mundo, o un chingo de mariachis o luchadores, y no ejaron atras el poncho y los bigotes!

I can't believe you guys keep saying its slow paced. Do you know why?? Think bout it, the mood of the show has dramatically changed. Luffy has lost all of his crew members, his brother is about to be executed. A huge war is on the horizen.Things are not looking up in the story for the straw hats and the depressing mellow tune of the theme song i think fits that pretty well showcasing what is to come. In a way this theme song has a little more emotion to the story and what is happening currently.

Don't it expect it to all happy happy like share the world or we are. Because in reality, there "adventure" is at its end. Plain and simple. Things are changing now.
ArtimesGamerMay 4, 2011 3:51 AM

Jun 18, 2011 1:28 PM

Jun 2009
A flash back to the good old days when the Straw Hats were together and having fun, and boy was it fun. I've always loved the interaction of the crew and this episode sort of highlighted what is missing from the current story line...not that that is necessarily a bad thing I suppose.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 18, 2011 10:44 AM

May 2010
Start of a new opening.. it kinda rubbed the wrong way for me.. the visuals are fine but the song was out of place for me.. I was like hearing some bad karaoke.. hopefully it'll grow onto me eventually.
The episode was average.. throughout the episode I was hoping to see glimpse of Golden Lion Shiki.. didn't like being cut-off from the Impel Down so I hope these specials will pass by quickly! :-D
Nov 23, 2012 5:44 AM

Mar 2010
Decent

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 19, 2013 5:18 PM

Aug 2012
nice robin upskirt:

anthony59237Jan 19, 2013 5:23 PM
Apr 29, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2010
For some reason Usopp getting picked up by the beetle was incredibly hilarious to me. Interesting to see the movie Tie in after seeing the actual movie first. Whoops!
Jun 30, 2013 8:15 PM
Feb 2013
I might enjoy seeing a lead up of episodes for a movie, it will certainly build good hype and pace for the movie.
Aug 22, 2013 8:24 PM

Apr 2012
what movie is this filler arc a part of?
hmhmhm its not leaving that much of an impression on me so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2014 9:31 PM
Jan 2014
Choppers outfit for the win in this episode.
Jan 31, 2014 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
I think the new OP is just ok in comparison with some previous ones. I looved the previous OP :(
Decent episode but I want to go back to Impel Down as soon as possible.
May 31, 2014 12:00 AM

Oct 2012
Oh the new OP ❤_❤
This filler will lead to Strong World movie.. right?

Lol @ 11:33
Wrong voice?
Dat slow-mo by Usopp xD

"I'll bite him to death".... Sure, in case you didn't realized
Hibari is looking at you xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 3, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Movie stuff.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 9, 2014 3:27 AM

Oct 2013
Ok,next up.

Jun 13, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
skipped
Apr 1, 2016 5:17 PM

May 2013
Ooouuuu, new opening with Luffy in a seifuku <3 So beaute :D he looks good ^-^

Did anyone else notice that Sanji's voice was actually Zoro's near the midway point? Haha. Around 11:38
Kokoro_KotashimaApr 1, 2016 5:25 PM
Jul 26, 2016 11:51 AM

Mar 2015
They always do this, shove special/filler episode in when it gets really good.. talk about keeping people interested through suspense! No matter, this is buildup for Strong World which is apparently one of OP's better if not best movies.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 29, 2016 5:07 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
not again fillers ;/

Jan 15, 2017 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
This filler is getting a little irritating.
Feb 26, 2019 4:00 AM

Jun 2016
I am okay when Nami is using her sexuality as a part of her character but moments like having her in the opening in her swimsuit like they did feel exploitative to me. Further, we got the first One Piece panty shot this episode as far as I've noticed, so more fanservice I'm not a fan of. I just like my girls too much to see them as sexual objects! It's a slight nitpick and you can argue Nami is being her usual self on display in the opening but to me the intent feels like it's for us to look at a sexy naked lady, not to express Nami's attempts at her womanly side. I am at least slightly calmed by the fact that I know the non-canon material is always more sexualizing of the cast and as far as I know Oda wouldn't have done that.. at least not commonly. In fact to check this for sure I checked the Nami bath assault scene from Thriller Bark in the manga and it is way toned down compared to the anime. The only thing Oda is guilty of is liking big boobs and tiny bellies and that's just his art style. I find it pretty endearing because it alone doesn't objectify his strong characters.

I actually was okay with the opening up until it started to flash through the temporary crew members. Luffy, Buggy, Mr. 3 and then I closed my eyes. I want to be surprised by who we see. It is a very exciting experience for me. Sadly, with this already being presumably spoiled in the opening I'll have to go into these threads ready for people to talk about the future events now.

Beyond that the new costumes are adorable, my favorite is Choppers. His hat is so kawaii. Other things I liked was how amazed Luffy was over the beetle and how he decided he's going to make him join them because he's so cool. The fact that Luffy respected that he already had nakama in Yoko and the way I think he both challenged boss so he could see how cool he was yet again but also to keep boss inspired Laboon style.

The biggest thing I loved was actually Little East Blue as a concept. It may be a bit overblown for the Straw Hats to run into a fanclub of theirs but this is one of the first times we've had their good reputation affect things. We've seen things like how Zeff kept Sanji's wanted poster up and probably bragged about him to customers, and we saw how all the little trainees want to be like Zoro, and we saw how Luffy's hometown loves him. For people all around the East Blue to come together from different areas, not unlike Luffy and the crew came together themselves, with the goal of making their new home together, like a miniature East Blue, is beautiful, and it finally has the good reputation of the Straw Hats coming into play. I like that a lot!

Amigo pirates are pretty wack and Shiki is super cool with the little we know about him. The guy cut off his legs to fly out of Impel Down!
Aug 15, 2020 2:13 AM

May 2016
The connection to the main plot's rather minimal but I'm not complaining since it'd probably take a pretty long time until we get to see the whole crew together again considering how they're still separated without much means to get back in track as of now.

Little East Blue's definitely gonna be a trip down memory lane for the early members of the Straw Hat Crew but it's kind of a shame that the newer members were kind of left out. Well, the mini-arc's just started and anything can happen anyway!

May 28, 2021 3:31 AM

Jun 2019
That's a giant ass Beetle.
Aug 13, 2022 4:21 PM

Dec 2018
more stupid fucking trash
Nov 28, 2022 2:00 AM
Mar 2021
Yo!!, Robin changed skin colour?
Jan 6, 2023 9:44 PM
Dec 2020
it was average ig, just some filler
Jan 29, 2023 6:10 PM
Feb 2022
Capitulo de relleno, pero interesante. Los Mujiwara llegan a una isla llamada little east blue conformada por gente de todo el East Blue. Habrá que ocuparse de la banda de los amigos que quieren al escarabajo gigante Shiki.
Jan 29, 2023 6:17 PM
Feb 2022
In the manga, Robin was always white, but the people who made the anime made a mistake and drew her  tan. I guess they will  draw her without the tan from now on. 
KrishnaKing said:
Yo!!, Robin changed skin colour?
Apr 4, 2023 7:44 PM
Apr 2023
Magellen is a great villain
Jun 11, 2023 7:31 AM
Oct 2019
You guys have a new opening? i watch One Piece on Bilibi and they just keep using Opening 9 Jungle P for like 100 episodes now.. wtf is this.

This seems like a fun filler arc before i watch the Movie 10 someday.
Jul 7, 2023 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
Brook caught an elephant tuna in the grand line; is that a hint to the existence of the all blue’s existence? After all the elephant tuna comes from the south blue.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimeRuleDWorld - May 29, 2009

78 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 845 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

19 by FedeMetal »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 843 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

16 by FedeMetal »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 842 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

20 by FedeMetal »»
Today, 10:01 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.