Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2014 4:24 AM
Jul 2014
Does this mean that Run is still alive and he is not kuromes puppet?
Nov 24, 2014 4:33 AM
May 2014
Mine pumpkin pie tastes delicious hehehe he he he he heh he he HAHAHAHA

glad the romance didn't drag-on, quality over quantity
Nov 24, 2014 4:40 AM

Nov 2014
matayan1 said:
Does this mean that Run is still alive and he is not kuromes puppet?

that would be a yes sir, seeing he was on this episode, he didn't die because pedoclown was not in the story
Nov 24, 2014 4:59 AM

May 2013
bladeangel said:

But where was the quality..?

Quality would be showing love development between Mine and Tatsumi before killing her off in a touching death.

I feel robbed of this potential sadness that was here.
Nov 24, 2014 5:03 AM
Aug 2014
I can't believe this! In every episode someone dies!!

Now Mine just when she and Tatsumi had their moment together!

I don't even want to know who will be left as well for Night Raid as the Jeagers.

RIP Mine :'(
Nov 24, 2014 5:17 AM

Feb 2010
Wow, best girl died
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 24, 2014 5:19 AM

Oct 2012
minefags BTFO
Nov 24, 2014 5:20 AM
May 2014
Larechar said:
bladeangel said:

Quality would be showing love development between Mine and Tatsumi before killing her off in a touching death.

The quality was at the end of episode 19 and at the end of this episode. We don't need to see them get over-milked mushy screen-time (like in SAO) to get the idea. Akame ga Kill played it like Gurren Lagann...spoiler alert
Nov 24, 2014 5:26 AM

Jun 2014
The guys who made this went to the ’Kill em All’ Tomino school of screenwriting. Merciless. I suppose it ends with just Akame and Tatsumi. Or something.

On another note, I though Mine was a very bland character, with little characterization until she falls in love with Tatsumi. I simply do not understand why people hate the character in such a way? How old are the people who write this anyway? Lighten up for hecks sakes.
Nov 24, 2014 5:30 AM

Dec 2013
Wow time freeze ability ftw! The possibilities! And all this for Mine to die? Wtf
Nov 24, 2014 5:30 AM

Jan 2013
Hilarious episode at its finest. Najenda is such a pathetic character, what even are her real powers? She should stop using others to fight and do some shit herself, boss my ass.

So this episode was dedicated to Mine's final mission. Well, it's a pity she died, she got better in the recent episodes. But her death was very hilarious, can't believe I laughed. Hilarious, in a sense that the writing was so predictable and childish. I mean, Mine been bitching about living together with Tatsumi and the others, yet once the fight is over she gives up everything and allows herself to die. The fuck is this?
Nov 24, 2014 5:31 AM

Jun 2010
I'm happy that Mine died (hopefully she will die too in the manga) but I'm quite disappointed at White Fox. Didn't think that they would dare to do an original ending for the anime.
Nov 24, 2014 5:50 AM

May 2013
bladeangel said:
Larechar said:

The quality was at the end of episode 19 and at the end of this episode. We don't need to see them get over-milked mushy screen-time (like in SAO) to get the idea. Akame ga Kill played it like Gurren Lagann...spoiler alert

And yet TTGL developed perfectly, while this was trash. 19 was good. 20 was really bad. 21 was trash.

She went out like an idiot, and it wasn't heartfelt at all.
Nov 24, 2014 6:26 AM

May 2014
Larechar said:
These past few episodes have been pretty trash. Seems very rushed at the expense of a great story. And Mine's death was soooo lame. Can anyone even explain how she logically died, or why Tatsumi stopped running, at all?

This, "kill off the characters for the sake of having a story where everyone dies," is getting old.

Pumpkin operates on the user's emotions. If emotions are the fuel, and Pumpkin is the jet, then Mine would be the gasoline stand. The gasoline stand doesn't explode when the jet uses a higher grade of fuel than it can handle.

If they really wanted to pack a punch on the feels-trip they should have let Pumpkin burn up while keeping Mine alive, rendering her virtually useless as an assassin. She was never even mortally wounded; just tossed around a bit.

Susanoo's death was underwhelming and illogical, as well. I understand the necessity to portray Esdeath as akin to a God, but let's be real. How is Tatsumi going to surpass her strength if she is untouchable? Furthermore, if Susanoo HAD to die this episode then they should have actually SHOWED his death, instead of insinuating it in a final-clash moment with Esdeath.

The person who should have died is Najenda after pouring her life-force into Susanoo for the third time. I seem to recall her saying that the IA user will die if they use that move three times. This was her third time. If they meant three times in a row then it's not really a useful trump card in the first place.

Or is she just ALSO going to die after a few days? If so, then congratulations: You sacrificed three very effective assassins for one guy, thereby crippling your available moves for the Revolution.

This episode: 3/10.

This.
I'm so pissed.
Nov 24, 2014 6:35 AM

Jan 2014
punpurin said:
Larechar said:
These past few episodes have been pretty trash. Seems very rushed at the expense of a great story. And Mine's death was soooo lame. Can anyone even explain how she logically died, or why Tatsumi stopped running, at all?

This, "kill off the characters for the sake of having a story where everyone dies," is getting old.

Pumpkin operates on the user's emotions. If emotions are the fuel, and Pumpkin is the jet, then Mine would be the gasoline stand. The gasoline stand doesn't explode when the jet uses a higher grade of fuel than it can handle.

If they really wanted to pack a punch on the feels-trip they should have let Pumpkin burn up while keeping Mine alive, rendering her virtually useless as an assassin. She was never even mortally wounded; just tossed around a bit.

Susanoo's death was underwhelming and illogical, as well. I understand the necessity to portray Esdeath as akin to a God, but let's be real. How is Tatsumi going to surpass her strength if she is untouchable? Furthermore, if Susanoo HAD to die this episode then they should have actually SHOWED his death, instead of insinuating it in a final-clash moment with Esdeath.

The person who should have died is Najenda after pouring her life-force into Susanoo for the third time. I seem to recall her saying that the IA user will die if they use that move three times. This was her third time. If they meant three times in a row then it's not really a useful trump card in the first place.

Or is she just ALSO going to die after a few days? If so, then congratulations: You sacrificed three very effective assassins for one guy, thereby crippling your available moves for the Revolution.

This.
Nov 24, 2014 6:48 AM

Feb 2012
the hell is this shit
Nov 24, 2014 6:55 AM

Feb 2014
I can't even think about something to say.
They destroyed the entire anime with the last episodes.
Lubbock gets backstabbed from a random character
Mine death was so meh...unnecessary,she was in a worse condition in Seryu fight.
TIME FREEZE,omfg.
Nov 24, 2014 7:09 AM

Oct 2014
What the hell?! I can't even...
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 24, 2014 7:25 AM

Jan 2014
Im actually glad that that they decided to kill Mein. Has been hating her since the start of the anime. Worst character in the whole series. Kudos to the author/director for finally making things right.
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Nov 24, 2014 7:33 AM
May 2014
They did say 5 months ago that AgK wasn't afraid of killing off characters for a reason...
Nov 24, 2014 7:39 AM

Jan 2011
Skipping the whole anime original nonsense since old news. We already know the route being taken.

Unlike the rest...I liked Mine. Sad she died.

Like the rest...I didn't like how she died. While their exchange in her final moments was somewhat touching, I can't help but feel it was rather cliche. Not that I mind cliche but it was the age old "you must pull through" followed up by "what are you talking about, stupid". The writing was just really poor unfortunately and her actual death related to her relic overtaxing her vs aftershock of blast? was just a really cheap way to take her out imo.
IZEROIINov 24, 2014 7:42 AM
Nov 24, 2014 8:14 AM

Feb 2014
I'm not sure if this serious is worth finishing - even if there are only three episodes left.

I feel like what started off as strong has now been butchered -_-
Nov 24, 2014 8:15 AM

Feb 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Spike_Terra said:
Ok Budou was completely uninteresting and his death was warranted. His death marks the last achievement for Mine and I think it was done well. I was very emotionally invested in this episode and I am sad to see that both Susanoo and Mine have been killed. I really liked both of their characters especially Mine for her development through out the show. In my opinion, Mine died from taking the brunt of many of Budou's attacks as well as the recoil from using pumpkin to it's max potential in an exhausted state.

That being said, I hope the next episode starts with Mine and Tatsumi in the infirmary. Mine only passing out from exhaustion and Tatsumi kicking himself for thinking that she was dead. However that is probably just a delusion on my part, but I can dream if I want to.

Budou tanked that hit in the manga just fine and didn't even get a scratch. So Mine is still trash in terms of power

Being able to take lasers to the face doesn't make you a better character in my opinion. I was emotionally invested in Mine, while I could give two shits about the ultra powerful general who gets little to no screen time. So Budou being killed off by a character I liked is a good thing for me as he didn't really contribute much to the story as a whole besides capturing Tatsumi.
Nov 24, 2014 8:35 AM

Jan 2014
Larechar said:
Taito10 said:
Wow

anime>manga DEAL WITH IT

I haven't read the manga, but I can guarantee it's better than this. These past couple episodes are trash. I REALLY liked this anime up until last week.

Thats your problem. Anime is very good. I dont care about skip because these events were very poor so is better that they skipped.

Anime is good like manga or even better.

YOU MUST ALL ACCEPT THE FACTS.

srsly.... too many kids...
Nov 24, 2014 8:38 AM

Feb 2013
I guess Mine dies because she used too much energy on the attack, still I find this death pretty bullshit but well, at this point...whatever.

Nov 24, 2014 8:59 AM

May 2014
Wtf Esdeath using Za Warudo
this is too much of ''you took a piece of my cake, i'm going take yours back''
Nov 24, 2014 9:01 AM

Aug 2011
LordThunderbutt said:
LordThunderbutt said:
Also, Najenda used susanoo's power-up 3 times. And a few episodes before she stated that used it 3 times would probably kill her.

RIP in peace Najenda i guess

So nobody is worried about Najena?

K

She also mentioned that his strength hadn't doubled. When using the power-up 2 times in a row, Susanoo hits the limit before Najenda runs out of her life force. She's still almost dead, but not completely.
Nov 24, 2014 9:06 AM

Oct 2014
Taito10 said:
Larechar said:

I haven't read the manga, but I can guarantee it's better than this. These past couple episodes are trash. I REALLY liked this anime up until last week.

Thats your problem. Anime is very good. I dont care about skip because these events were very poor so is better that they skipped.

Events with character development are poor

K
Nov 24, 2014 9:50 AM

Apr 2008
Taito10 said:
Larechar said:

Hypocrite much?
Nov 24, 2014 9:57 AM

Jan 2008
Taito10 said:

Not sure if troll/10 or fail/10...
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Nov 24, 2014 10:17 AM

Oct 2014
Junchi said:
Taito10 said:

Not sure if troll/10 or fail/10...

Why not both?
Nov 24, 2014 10:21 AM
Oct 2012
As soon as a romance starts, boom kill the women. No more romance, this is so sad D;
Nov 24, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2014
Sourire said:
I dont understand how some people can say this anime is good and the only people that have negative opinions are manga readers. I havent read the manga and I think the anime has turned out really bad. There's no progression or link between each episode; its just a lot of different events happening and thrown together. The only meaningful things happening are characters dying and at this point (with the minimum character development they gave them) I dont care for any of them. The animation is also really average. Meh.

+1

And am I the only one who noticed the inconsistency which is the revival of Susanoo? Iirc, it was established that you can kill a living teigu by destroying its core. And that's exactly what Esdeath did in this episode. He should have never been brought back to "life". Or am I missing any crucial details?

The rock OST was beastly though.
Nov 24, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2011
Nohz, Mine and Susanoo :(
Nov 24, 2014 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
Yet another sad ending with a Night Raid member dying. Big sad face D:

I still don't get how Mine died with no real damaging hits or opening wounds? Just too many electric attacks from Budou?

Still I'm slightly hoping next episode will just have Mine there and the end of this episode is just her passing out... But something tells me that's not the case :(

Mainly sad about Susanoo dying as he was a genuinely large help to the team with extraordinary powers.

Loved the Mine x Tatsumi shippage but it's over now, sad times.
Trash mammal
Nov 24, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2011
This anime started out great and then just go and fuck everything up. Especially when Mine wasnt even suppose to die. Great job White Fox for fucking up the anime.
Nov 24, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2008
Dum Dum Dum
Another one bites the dust
Dum Dum Dum
And another one gone, and another one gone

Farewell Mine, you will be missed. For at least 20 minutes. That's how long it's going to take me to watch another show with better characters.
Nov 24, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
Welp, there goes 2 more Night Raid members... Did they planned to kill most of the main character before the end of the series?
Is it just me or the whole scenes just lack the epicness and impact compared to the manga?
Hahaha Budou, said to be one of the strongest warrior in the capital just got one-shotted by Mine. Seriously WhiteFox what are you doing..!
Esdese's ability to freeze time and space are soooo cheap.. Still, Susanoo did a very good job fighting her, even tho the fight was one-sided right from the start..
Still mad about the Lubba's death in the anime, but now they killed Mine too.. Not that I really MIND though. xD Poor her died before she was able to confess to Tatsumi properly, unlike her manga counterpart..
I sure hope the manga does not end like these, because it would be spoilers if they do..?
Next ep.. Kill the Little Sister, it's time for Kurome to go now, isn't she?

Either way, the show is pretty much got butchered once they decide to make anime original ending. Well, might as well see how they end it.
Kay_LiteNov 24, 2014 1:27 PM
Nov 24, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know why I felt to Mine's death, considering I felt absolutely nothing for everyone else dying. Maybe it was because she actually had screen-time.

Now, if only she had better chemistry with Tatsumi in this anime, maybe it would have been even more effective, but I guess it can't be helped.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 24, 2014 1:34 PM
Dec 2013
Don't really feel strongly one way or the other about the deaths, but it was funny reading some of the FB comments.

"Last episode will be called: Kill the Writer."

XD
Nov 24, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
Esdeath.. so almighty (・□・;)
she just keeps surpassing my estimations for her limit.

Got damn it.. we lost Mine, Susanoo D:
I do not think Najenda is out yet though.
Nov 24, 2014 2:36 PM

Oct 2014
Susannos sacrifice got completely overshadowed by Mines death.

If Mines is alive, then what can she do to help NR with Pumpkin destroyed?

I didnt mind Budou getting defeated, his voice sucked..

Nov 24, 2014 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
So basically everyone dies

How the f*** can Night Raid win? They only have, like, 4 members left.
Nov 24, 2014 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
Can I just say how MORE OP Esdese got?! Freezing time?! WOW!! Lol she's the best <3
Signature removed. Because it was too kawaii for all you weeaboos.
Nov 24, 2014 3:48 PM

Nov 2013
It's another good episode. Though I personally would've liked to see Mine live or at least allow both Tatsumi and Mine's relationship to develop a bit more. >.> Would've given a stronger impact on her death.

Can't wait for the next episode though! A duel between sisters~
Nov 24, 2014 4:11 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Larechar said:

Actually for the most part, Susanoo vs Esdese (Just those two) went almost exactly how it was in the manga

The only thing is that a few panels after the art of them colliding (Same thing happened in the manga), they showed Esdese crushing his core yet again but that's besides the point since its fairly obvious that he died in the moment.

Not gonna say what happens to Najenda though, because the same thing will happen in the anime lol
Nov 24, 2014 4:21 PM

Sep 2013
the show is getting better but if they wanted to implement romance and harem this much they should have done it better...this is just annoying at this point
Nov 24, 2014 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
...and there it is. Killing everyone off asap is just plain boring to watch regardless of how I attached I am (or maybe in this case, was) to the characters. How convenient for Lubb to somehow run out of his seemingly infinite wire as he falls and how convenient it is for Mine to basically kill herself just for using her relic. Gecko ending or not, was hoping for something more original (and entertaining) than everyone eventually dying at the end.
Nov 24, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
why does everyone have to die

:( I mean i still haven't even gotten over Sheele's death.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Nov 24, 2014 4:38 PM

Jun 2013
Time to board on the rage train. I think I can still make it.

Pages (17) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.