Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2009 11:22 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, Luffy had to choose Cherie afterall rofl!

n yea, Luffy n his crow teasing Foxy was funny too xDD (Foxy's crow teasing Nami was a lil' funny too ^ ^)

Poor Chopper hehe ..

Till next ep, with the 3rd round ^ ^

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 16, 2009 7:26 PM

Feb 2009
one word to describe this episode:

GOOOOOOOOOOAL!
Jan 5, 2010 2:12 AM

Oct 2008
Woo, Sanji and Zoro working together. <333

But, yeah I forgot all about Cherie, I was so sure he was going to pick Chopper.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 15, 2010 3:35 AM

May 2008
wait Sherry was theirs?

Darn i miss calculated

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 23, 2010 2:21 AM

Apr 2008
LOL! unexpected >< Sherry haha

May 25, 2010 6:14 PM

Jul 2009
I never even knew Sherry was on their side. O_O

And thank god for this episode. It prevented me from putting a hole in my monitor.

5/5
Dec 21, 2010 9:00 PM

May 2010
I'm happy for stilt ossan.. but really.. POOR chopper :-( I really thought luffy will pick the foxy captain..

The episode was really great! zoro and sanji were cool.. showcasing their moves.. i didn't expect zoro's "Swordless Style" XD
Mar 31, 2011 2:30 PM

Jun 2009
I hope to see Sanji and Zoro team up to kick more ass in the future. Also, I may be wrong, but I wonder if in the manga Luffy chooses Cheri like he did here. It seemed to come out of nowhere and was probably done to extend the arc, but that's just a feeling.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2011 11:35 AM

Aug 2010
insan3soldiern said:
I hope to see Sanji and Zoro team up to kick more ass in the future.

Yes pleaseeeeeeeee
Apr 10, 2012 6:49 PM

Jul 2011
Homolust said:
insan3soldiern said:

Yes pleaseeeeeeeee

I'll take some of that as well
Aug 17, 2012 6:08 PM

Feb 2009
Welp time to see what happens next, let's goooo.
+1 for Zoro x Sanji
Aug 19, 2012 11:29 AM

Feb 2012
WTF that makes no sense Cheri never joined Foxy's crew, I'm guessing this didn't happen in the manga since fillers are inbound.
Sep 29, 2012 1:38 PM

Mar 2010
Hm I don't recall that horse being succesfully stolen. And wonder what luffy is going to help,..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 20, 2012 11:02 AM

Jul 2012
Ruffy nice guy XDD... But i have a bad presentiment about the 3rd match...

Jan 28, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
THAT WAS SO AWESOME AAHHHH
good job to zoro and sanji!!!
and i thougt itwas really nice how luffy got the horse back for the old man :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2013 12:24 AM
Jan 2013
Nami, anything that you've done in the past to upset me has been forgiven.

I have honestly been waiting for an episode where they HAD to work together, I knew that they'd make a BA team...haha I think anyone would.

This episode also reminded me that Luffy is so...well...Luffy, you know? xDHaha I have been comparing him to Shanks and Ace, he carries similar attributes of theirs. But he is so himself it's ridiculous....well there goes my rambling for this post XDD Hahaha....><
May 30, 2013 7:42 PM
Apr 2008
Disliked this episode, because of the stupid ending. They chose 3 events, so its obvious that they have to lose 1 for drama, and win 2, no other way... but choosing that supid horse is just idiotic, why was Sherry theirs (Foxy)? Because they said so, once? Hell, straw hats should call dibs on everything on sight...
Great, my brand-new bullshit meter just exploded.
Nov 13, 2013 11:40 PM

May 2012
Nami had a point, waiting to take back Chopper is a risk but its better than losing him again, or someone else. Heh, never would have considered Sherry as a team member but it was excellent strategy on Luffy's part as they'll just leave her with the old man on the island when they leave.

It's a good thing they didn't plan on playing just one game but it was kind of obvious where three games would lead them, you knew they'd have to lose at least one and feel the loss of a team mate for this arc to be worthwhile.
Jan 5, 2014 8:10 AM

Dec 2012
Sukaisong said:
insan3soldiern said:

Yes pleaseeeeeeeee

^^^^^ that^^^^^ epic fight!!! But poor Chopper!
May 17, 2014 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
Dat teamwork 0_0
Strawhat pirate members are bullying Foxy xD
Lol, I just love how everyone from Foxy's pirates thought that they'll be picked to become Luffy's

Rasco said:
Hm I don't recall that horse being succesfully stolen. And wonder what luffy is going to help,..

Foxy just caugh Cherie with net
I recall they just said "We caught her now, so that horse is ours"
Something like that?
"Signature removed"
Jul 11, 2014 3:20 AM

Oct 2013
On to the next 1.

May 16, 2015 2:56 AM

Jan 2012
Snoux said:
Disliked this episode, because of the stupid ending. They chose 3 events, so its obvious that they have to lose 1 for drama, and win 2, no other way...

But choosing that supid horse is just idiotic, why was Sherry theirs (Foxy)? Because they said so, once? Hell, straw hats should call dibs on everything on sight...

I think it was done as a filler. BUT

Think about it. You even said it yourself. The Straw Hat crew are gonna win 2/3 games. If they lost chopper (1st game) and got him back (2nd game), who would they take when they won the 3rd game? They aren't gonna take some random character to be their nakama. So they choose the horse as a cop out. And obvs they chose the horse before chopper for "tension".

One Piece is a good show, but if THIS is what exploded your bullshit meter, I've gotta ask how you got this far into the show..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 10:40 AM

Mar 2015
I'm beginning to like Robin
Sep 11, 2015 12:59 AM

Jan 2014
Kind of weird the horse was considered a member of the Foxy pirates, but oh well.
Nami was really cool in this arc so far and Sanji and Zoro's fight was uber-cool!
Oct 26, 2015 11:58 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Sanji and zoro sure love each other xD

Dec 10, 2015 3:53 AM

Apr 2010
Shelly is back, yay ♥
Apr 17, 2016 2:26 PM

Jun 2015
They finally won a round and beat those hateful Groggy Monsters leaving that aside it was a really funny episode :)
Ok now let's see this round's last game
Jul 17, 2016 8:04 PM

Mar 2015
All the more reason to win the final round I guess
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 15, 2017 8:42 AM

Dec 2016
Good shit Zoro and Sanji
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 18, 2017 6:08 PM

May 2014
Seeing Zoro and Sanji working together- even just a little- was probably one of the most bizarre things I've ever witnessed lmao
I was half convinced they were gonna beat each other to death and give a really easy win the to the other team, but hey they came through in the end!

I love how Zoro is so skilled that he doesn't technically even need swords to swordfight- dude can use the damn wind!

Also didn't expect Luffy to pick the damn horse, but in retrospect I prolly
should've done...I mean this is Luffy we're talking about here XD

Although I'm beginning to think that he's his very own brand of cool- behind all of that stupid, there's a pretty wise (?) little dude lol
Apr 18, 2017 2:49 AM

Mar 2012
A fucking horse, you picked a dam horse before taking back Chopper who's part of your crew. GTFO with that bs. There's no reason he couldn't have picked Chopper and then get back the horse on the third round. The fact that the horse was even considered theirs (Foxy's) AND part of their crew just because they shot it with a net is idiotic enough. I had a feeling something stupid was gonna happen with all the stalling for him to pick someone.

Oh, so it seems this didn't happen in the manga and they actually take back Chopper during this round. It looks like this isn't a filler arc but has some changes made to it...http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Long_Ring_Long_Land_Arc
Avenger-senpaiApr 18, 2017 5:10 PM
Feb 12, 2018 5:35 PM
Jan 2018
Amaizing, he pick Cherie
Aug 10, 2018 9:59 AM

Jun 2016
This was pretty fun. I’d say the best thing this Foxy arc has brought up has been Zoro and Sanji working together. Yeah it went on too long but it was still awesome. They finally work together and it was great to see with Sanji kicking Pickles out of the way and launching Zoro. Zoro’s massive combo he did on Hamburg and his no sword style to prove Sanji’s comment from last episode about a master swordsman without swords being a wimp wrong. These two are absolute badass’s.

In fact, this Foxy game reminds me of something you’d see in Dragon Ball, especially this second one with the fights in it. It would fit in something like the Baba arc. A fun, comedic, fighting and adventuring arc with monster of the week villains. I had already compared this to Dragon Ball with Foxy being like Pilaf with Porche and Hamburg being somewhat like Mai and the dog, however, it seems the connections don’t stop there. The tone of this game was absolutely dragon ball.

Cycling through the same joke of all the guys thinking they’d get picked twice, when the first time was already too long was questionable. I didn’t even realize Sherry was taken.
Jan 29, 2020 4:33 PM
Jan 2020
Snoux said:
Disliked this episode, because of the stupid ending. They chose 3 events, so its obvious that they have to lose 1 for drama, and win 2, no other way... but choosing that supid horse is just idiotic, why was Sherry theirs (Foxy)? Because they said so, once? Hell, straw hats should call dibs on everything on sight...

Exactly, like WTF
The fucking horse wasn't even part of the game!!! The other guy just claimed it as his, they could easily beat the shit out of him and get it back. WFT
May 6, 2020 3:24 AM

May 2016
While Zoro and Sanji are absurdly powerful fighters on their own, their superb teamwork upped their power on a whole new level!

It was pretty mean of Luffy to leave Chopper hanging at the 2nd Round but promising to get him back at the last round is a way better way to increase the stakes than just aiming to win Shelly back or to add a no-good pirate to the Straw Hats crew.

That gag where all those Foxy Pirates were confident that they'd get chosen was a bit funny but it went on for way too long and even repeated the whole joke and I didn't like that.

May 17, 2021 1:31 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy... the kind soul. Sherry is a good girl. Hang in there, Chopper.
Aug 16, 2021 9:54 AM
Jan 2021
Luffy will get you back, Chopper. Hang on a little longer T____T
Jun 11, 2022 1:55 PM

Mar 2019
This kinda just makes it seem like Luffy cared more about some random horse than about Chopper. And yeah, the foxy pirates definitely did not even own the darn thing lol
I was low-key hoping they would pick a shipwright since they do need one and I remember the Foxy Pirates boasting about having some. Getting a new character here would have been interesting.
OωO
Jul 16, 2022 12:29 PM

Apr 2020
Tachibana brothers!!
Shellyyyyyy? Really? :D
Jul 26, 2022 2:27 PM

Apr 2018
Did not expect that... Poor Chopper... I would've picked Chopper and then Shelly last. It'd still be a win-win.
Sep 18, 2022 3:30 AM
Jun 2022
foxy pirates = useless pirates ever
Sep 19, 2022 4:32 AM

Sep 2016
The fact that this arc is canon is making me lose respect for Luffy. I mean ffs you picked Shelly instead of Chopper? You could still have picked Chopper and then swear you would take Shelly back to its owner the next round... Ffs man, your crew should come first, what's going on?
Feb 28, 2023 12:05 AM

Dec 2022
boy oh boy, did not see that ending coming even after they gave us that ridiculous length of time to ponder who he would pick lol
truly an incomprehensible heart of gold, that King of Pirates has!
May 2, 2023 5:26 PM
Oct 2019
GOAAAALLLL!!!!!

Luffy choose Shelly back, what a great man Luffy was.
Jul 3, 2023 1:19 PM

Oct 2019
Getting Shelly back was a great idea, though I feel like Luffy should've taken Chopper back first... 

Also, not suprisingly, many of the foxy pirates wanted to join the straw hats xD
Apr 22, 9:12 AM

Apr 2024
Maybe i didn't really catch it on the previous episodes about a rule or something but i'm surprised that the crew didn't also immediately resort to cheating once they saw that the games are obviously rigged–like someone from the crew throwing back Zoro's swords or something–well i guess Nami sort of did her thing with the ref but honestly, did she really if the ref was already dirty?
very sleep deprived

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1089 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FMmatron - Jan 6

179 by Willex05 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 449 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - May 1, 2010

68 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 448 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Apr 24, 2010

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 447 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Apr 17, 2010

86 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

» Have you ever thought 🤔 about this , it's been on my mind for a long time

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 30

26 by ashutoshanime »»
Yesterday, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.