Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2014 11:38 AM
Sep 2014
I'm just busy eating the tears of all these haters, lol.
Nov 16, 2014 11:39 AM

Oct 2014
THIS EPISODE I QUITE DEVIATING FROM THE ORIGINAL MANGA
SUU IS STILL ALIVE !?!?!?!?
AND THAT MINISTER'S SON'S EXECUTION METHORD WAS RIGHT BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED DURING CAPTURING THEM IT HAPPENED WHEN HE TRIED TO ESCAPE PRISON AND WAS KILLED BY THE GENERAL COMMANDER THAN IMPALED IN SPEARS
ANIME ADAPTAION IS QUITE TOOO DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL STORY NOW
Nov 16, 2014 11:39 AM
Aug 2011
This episode was garbage. Weaker animations. Poor character development. General budoh's voice was so awful it was distracting. Did they run out of money?

Edit: I hated it so much that I'm posting for the first time in the comments. Argh
Nov 16, 2014 11:40 AM
Jan 2014
LeFlower-kun said:
HarmonicDX said:

LOL right!? They were face to face and NO battle/dispute.

They're objective was to kill borick, they did that, hence there was no reason to fight then.

Okay, but Esdeath is just gonna let her get away with all of it? B.S.
Nov 16, 2014 11:41 AM

Dec 2013
robis798 said:
Ok, it seems major shitstorm is happening.

It seems the anime took a different path and everyone seems to be very angry, but as a non-reader I can't say that is was something horrible.

I mean, as I read, Lubbock died anyway, so...

How did they escape the Capital?
How did Najenda just talked to Esdeath?And then leave?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 16, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2014
Abdul_Khader01 said:
THIS EPISODE I QUITE DEVIATING FROM THE ORIGINAL MANGA
SUU IS STILL ALIVE !?!?!?!?
AND THAT MINISTER'S SON'S EXECUTION METHORD WAS RIGHT BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED DURING CAPTURING THEM IT HAPPENED WHEN HE TRIED TO ESCAPE PRISON AND WAS KILLED BY THE GENERAL COMMANDER THAN IMPALED IN SPEARS
ANIME ADAPTAION IS QUITE TOOO DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL STORY NOW

AND HERE ISNT A SCENE WHERE ESDEATH ASKS TATSUMI TO JOIN HER SPECIAL SQUAD FOR THE FINAL TIME WHICH NEVER HAPPENED IN ANIME . _ .
Nov 16, 2014 11:42 AM
Sep 2014
heartofthecards said:
This episode was garbage. Weaker animations. Poor character development. General budoh's voice was so awful it was distracting. Did they run out of money?

Edit: I hated it so much that I'm posting for the first time in the comments. Argh

I didn't mind General Budoh's voice at all, but I admit the animation for him was bad. He kinda looked like a generic villain from the beginning of the series during his fight with Tatsumi.
Nov 16, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
Something tells me that Akame is going to be the only survivor left just by watching the opening where she is shown all wounded up...

Can't wait for next week,this train wreck is going to be bloody awesome and retarded all at the same time hahahaha.
sic mundus

Dec 2013
Well shit, they rushed it.
mods are cucks

Oct 2014
PriestSlayer said:
robis798 said:

It seems the anime took a different path and everyone seems to be very angry, but as a non-reader I can't say that is was something horrible.

no they are fighting to rescue tatsumi
using mine as decoy
Nov 16, 2014 11:44 AM

Oct 2013
bladeangel said:
NoongaJuice said:
Spoiler for Episode 24 Title:

Oh I could see that being the tittle for the last one too actually...but it doesnt mean much seeing as every damn girl loves Tatsumi like he's nutella

Yeah, I thought so because for sure at least one of the big three are dead by the end of the anime. It would be a fitting end. Too predictable for AGK prolly tho.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Nov 16, 2014 11:44 AM
Aug 2011
HarmonicDX said:
LeFlower-kun said:

They're objective was to kill borick, they did that, hence there was no reason to fight then.

Okay, but Esdeath is just gonna let her get away with all of it? B.S.

Yup made no sense. I was so confused that I went back to see episode 19 to make sure I didn't skip an episode. This episode was so bad. Shura was in and out in an instant. He was pretty much a filler character.
Nov 16, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2013
PriestSlayer said:
robis798 said:

Yeah, I guess ur right, never even noticed.
Nov 16, 2014 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
robis798 said:
PriestSlayer said:

There's a LOT of plot holes. Its hard to notice all of them. Discontinuities with the manga. Discontinuities within the anime. Ergh. It really is becoming a shitstorm.

Nov 16, 2014 11:47 AM
Aug 2011
Teedog12 said:
heartofthecards said:

I didn't mind General Budoh's voice at all, but I admit the animation for him was bad. He kinda looked like a generic villain from the beginning of the series during his fight with Tatsumi.

For someone like General budoh who looks super mature and strong, you would expect a strong and booming voice to reflect that.....not what we get in this episode. He sounds like a kid or a kind man.
Nov 16, 2014 11:48 AM
Sep 2014
heartofthecards said:

Yup made no sense. I was so confused that I went back to see episode 19 to make sure I didn't skip an episode. This episode was so bad. Shura was in and out in an instant. He was pretty much a filler character.

Yeah, they did reduce Shura's role quite a bit compared to the manga; I was still glad to see him dead though, lol.

I do think the Pedo clown might make an appearance but perhaps a little more toned down, just so Run could have his revenge. The rest of Wild Hunt most likely will not.
Nov 16, 2014 11:48 AM
Aug 2014
Many many deaths! It is like Game of Thrones (anime style)! Who will be left at the end?? Was in the last scene afraid to see Lubbock's head on a spike as well...

RIP Lubbock. Too bad he couldn't get something with Najenda.
Nov 16, 2014 11:49 AM
Nov 2014
Cnon said:
Where did you watch it? Even raw one didn't air yet! I'm still waiting for the subs
Go to kissanime.com
Nov 16, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2013
Akazoku said:
Many many deaths! It is like Game of Thrones (anime style)! Who will be left at the end?? Was in the last scene afraid to see Lubbock's head on a spike as well...

Oh, man... someone did it again. Now it's just a question of when the fanboys come in...

May 2009
Anime really ruined Wave and Kurome, he will probably die without single decent fight. Suu's death will be most likely half assed too.

Also Minehaters, she won't die. Deal with it, she's Takahiro's favourite.

May 2013
I hate White Fox right now because of the fact that this getting an anime original ending ending instead of read the manga ending. Seriously why did they stop being faith to the manga when the anime got to episode 19?
WoggoNov 16, 2014 11:55 AM
Nov 16, 2014 11:51 AM

Dec 2013
robis798 said:
PriestSlayer said:

I could go on, but just thinking about this anime adaptation just makes me wanna...vomit
FragOutFire said:

Nov 16, 2014 11:53 AM

Dec 2013
NoongaJuice said:
Akazoku said:

Oh, man... someone did it again. Now it's just a question of when the fanboys come in...
I don't see a problem in comparing these two...If anything i've seen is the Game of Thrones fanboys raging over comparisons
FragOutFire said:

Nov 16, 2014 11:54 AM
Apr 2014
Never go anime original ending
Even if you're never making a sequel to the anime.
Jul 2014
Watch the spoilers, people. Jesus.
Aug 2014
Real Talk Though: Why did no one seem to care that Lubba died, they were just like "Oh no we gotta save Tatsumi"

Lubbock was cool.
Nov 16, 2014 11:55 AM

Dec 2013
Suffolk said:
Watch the spoilers, people. Jesus.
For your mental sanity, i would suggest you avoiding this thread
FragOutFire said:

Nov 16, 2014 11:56 AM
Sep 2014
BoomToast said:
Real Talk Though: Why did no one seem to care that Lubba died, they were just like "Oh no we gotta save Tatsumi"

Lubbock was cool.

Yeah, unfortunately it was kinda the same way in the Manga as well. Its the fate of all/most secondary male characters.

Oct 2013
PriestSlayer said:
NoongaJuice said:

I don't see a problem in comparing these two...If anything i've seen is the Game of Thrones fanboys raging over comparisons

I don't have a problem with it either, but GoT fanboys do (which is what I was trying to imply). *Shrugs

Teedog12 said:
BoomToast said:

Lubbock was cool.

Yeah, unfortunately it was kinda the same way in the Manga as well. Its the fate of all/most secondary male characters.

They didn't really have any information of his death, but they should have at least shown some concern for his wellbeing.

Dec 2013
NoongaJuice said:
PriestSlayer said:

I don't have a problem with it either, but GoT fanboys do (which is what I was trying to imply). *Shrugs
Oh i misinterpreted your post XP
FragOutFire said:

Nov 16, 2014 11:58 AM

Feb 2013
To be honest,I liked this more than the Canon.......It cut out most of the annoying content as well the Wild Hunt Shenanigans,Shura was also ma more bearble character (Albeit Stupider).My only complain is that we wo'nt get......

Esdeath Vs Night Raid
Wave's Falcon-Punch to Shura
Nov 16, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2014
I did love the episode... but I would definitely have traded it for Run's back story because I would have enjoyed it a lot. There of course are so many other chapters I would have preferred although Lubbocks death was done very well. But he didnt need to die lets be real the only thing necessary was Tatsumi's capture why do a filler episode instead of giving a good adaptation from the manga.

I am not going to say anything bad about the anime until it ends because I dont know what will happen.

Unless Kurome dies
Nov 2014
This episode made me hurt inside why did you go this route White Fox

Jul 2014
Why would anyone want Mine to die? Just look at this adorable face...

But seriously, I understand that manga readers are upset but I honestly don't really care that they're deviating from the manga (since I haven't read it anyway). And although I didn't want Lubbock to die, I thought his death was actually quite cool (I heard it's not that good in the manga).
Nov 16, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
Shrimperor said:
So, next episode we are gonna see

FTFY
Nov 16, 2014 12:05 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was a bit rushed and had a few holes but it really wasn't that bad in my opinion, I'm surprised that most people are judging this entirely based on the fact that it differs from the source material instead of looking at the actual quality of the episode at face value. Meanwhile you have anime like One Piece which have recently been through 2 very badly made arcs but hardly no one complains because it sticks to the source material completely bar some fillers and a few changed scenes .
Nov 16, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2014
CaptainKatsuura said:
Why would anyone want Mine to die? Just look at this adorable face...

But seriously, I understand that manga readers are upset but I honestly don't really care that they're deviating from the manga (since I haven't read it anyway). And although I didn't want Lubbock to die, I thought his death was actually quite cool (I heard it's not that good in the manga).
Nov 16, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2007
I don't mind him dying but the reason is just stupid. Backstabbed by someone with 0% combat ability while he already had the enemy's life in the palm of his hand? That's just bullshit.
Nov 16, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
That wasn't so bad, it sucks that they left out tons of stuff and going to rush for an end, but it gets interesting from here because we don't know what's going to happen after next episode now that it catches up the manga with next episode.
Nov 16, 2014 12:14 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I honestly don't see why so many of my fellow manga readers are so butthurt....Some of you are acting like we ddn't already know from last week that they were skipping 10+ chapters

Yes, some Wave, Ran, Kurome, Mein, Tatsumi development and our big fight got axed (Possibly), but we don't know for a fact that we're not going to get a good replacement

Regardless, this wasn't a bad episode at all

1. You anime only's are VERY LUCKY that you guys don't have to go through Shura and Wild Hunt's antics....I'm sure that if you ask any manga readers when they felt that the manga truly turned into shit, I guarentee that most people would say when they were introduced

2. Shura was the BIGGEST cunt in this entire series and somehow, White Fox and Takahiro managed to make him somewhat likeable in this....The fact that all of his antics were axed helped with this as well....Yeah he barely got any development in the anime, but I'd rather this than the bullshit he did in the manga

3. Lubbock got justice because they still managed to have him go out like a badass and subesequently killing Shura....Plus he didn't deserve what he got in the manga and all of that torture (Ball crushing etc) was just uncalled for and unnecessary (Wild Hunt in a nutshell) and the fact that he didn't have to go through that made me very happy

My only nitpick is that Budou isn't as menacing as he was in the manga because

TokoyaNov 16, 2014 12:28 PM
Nov 16, 2014 12:15 PM

Nov 2012
i just watched full episode
wait... if i remember correctly, the last scene of last week episode was preparation najenda-suu vs ice bitch right? what the fuck happened after that? lol
and budou seiyuu is SHIT, utter trash
and that maid bitch
at least shura vs rabac was cool and the final scene before death falling from the sky is so good. nice death for him unlike pathetic in manga ball crushed and literally rip in pieces.

somehow i can see the ending... and it will be good
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 16, 2014 12:20 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
wait... if i remember correctly, the last scene of last week episode was preparation najenda-suu vs ice bitch right? what the fuck happened after that? lol
and that maid bitch
at least shura vs rabac was cool and the final scene before death falling from the sky is so good. nice death for him unlike pathetic in manga ball crushed and literally rip in pieces.

After this was just WIld Hunt (Wave and Kurome got good development from them but I like things better if they never existed) bullshit and

Nov 16, 2014 12:21 PM
Aug 2011
TheRealDeal51 said:
This episode was a bit rushed and had a few holes but it really wasn't that bad in my opinion, I'm surprised that most people are judging this entirely based on the fact that it differs from the source material instead of looking at the actual quality of the episode at face value. Meanwhile you have anime like One Piece which have recently been through 2 very badly made arcs but hardly no one complains because it sticks to the source material completely bar some fillers and a few changed scenes .

Deviating from the manga didn't make it bad. I stated it before. The episode had weaker animations and poor character development. Shura was in and out with little to no character development and yet he caused lubba's death.the transition from previous episode to this one was confusing. It's like they completely ignored najenda and esdeath confrontation because it makes no sense for esdeath to let najenda go.
Nov 16, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
ninjastarforcex said:
and that maid bitch

After this was just WIld Hunt (Wave and Kurome got good development from them but I like things better if they never existed) bullshit and

and SUU is still alive too
Nov 16, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2013

I'm not gonna even start with how much they skipped. But did they skip the confession? ;___;
Nov 16, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
Well, after ep.19 i got really freaking confused and decided to read all the chapters thus far.

Lubbock's death is undoubtedly better in the anime. The one in the manga was so weird...

Still, no torture scene, and Lubbock killing Shura in the manga was wittier.

And then come the many, many things left out.

Now that that's written, the episode really wasn't bad from an anime-only perspective. Lubbock proving once again how strong and clever he is, i'm glad that bastard Shura died. Another member of NR is down, it isn't looking good for Tatsumi either. Since it's going to be an anime-original ending, i can't wait to see what happens.

4/5. Question for any anime/manga fan: do you think Budo will ever stop being such a tool?
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 16, 2014 12:24 PM

Dec 2013
Abdul_Khader01 said:
Tokoya said:

and SUU is still alive too
FragOutFire said:

Oct 2014
heartofthecards said:

Deviating from the manga didn't make it bad. I stated it before. The episode had weaker animations and poor character development. Shura was in and out with little to no character development and yet he caused lubba's death.the transition from previous episode to this one was confusing. It's like they completely ignored najenda and esdeath confrontation because it makes no sense for esdeath to let najenda go.

Unless Esdeath turns on the Empire which would be stupid. Thats a Tite Kubo level of plot-twist.

Dec 2013
FOR ANY ANIME ONLY WATCHERS, I would suggest you leaving this thread for awhile, because there's a lot of spoilers here...~
FragOutFire said:

Nov 16, 2014 12:26 PM

Nov 2012
Maledict said:

4/5. Question for any anime/manga fan: do you think Budo will ever stop being such a tool?

no, he is forever biggest blind hypocrite
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.