Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 3, 2014 3:42 AM

Jun 2012
Ah, a good one. It just hit my weakness - friends!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jan 13, 2014 5:07 AM
Jun 2013
Fucking waterworks for the past few episodes, my heart can't handle it, I can't handle all these feels. I am going to go eat some cement. One of my favourite anime of all time at this rate.
Jan 26, 2014 9:59 PM

Mar 2013
I've only made it 6 episodes in so far and... hooooly shit. This anime is beyond excellent. You know an anime is great when it can cause introspection and your heart to feel like a lamp.

I dont know of many series that were able to foster an emotional connection to the characters as this one. Hell, I want to protect that smile of Sawako's.
Mar 10, 2014 6:44 AM

Jan 2012
so heartwarming
and that teacher was funny with his love for fights xD
Mar 30, 2014 12:58 AM

Jan 2008
Damn she didnt hit her I was so hoping for that though well I guess life goes on but it was such a cute episode so much hugging it was so cute but yeah it is a good thing that they all got the problem and misunderstanding out of the way though and they could each express how they felt about each other finally but other then that cant wait for the next episode which will either be now or tomorrow
May 14, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, I was so sure it was that girl at the end that was at the origin of the rumors. I wasn't expecting that. But she look even more vicious than before...

So they were able to solve that misunderstanding. I'm glad they didn't made it too long for no reason. I also like the fact that they started calling her Sawako, it was annoying me a little bit that they were calling her Sadako while saying they were her friends.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 2, 2014 11:16 PM

Jun 2013
the struggle holding back my tears this episode
Jul 17, 2014 8:14 AM

Jan 2014
Aww.. At last we get to see a happy episode ending. :'D
Jul 18, 2014 4:48 AM

Oct 2013
vinesage said:
Its amazing how everytime they can make a whole episode with so little real story progression...
When it was over I was like, what, already? then I tried to remember what just happened, and it was like, erhmm..not much?

but still, pretty good episode, like the first 2 eps. I will refrain from commenting too much to spoil other people's fun, but at least i can say it is indeed an ep you can sure very look forward too. ;-)

Weren't you the one who was hoping this arc would end as quickly as possible on the episode 4 discussion?
...ಠ_ಠ...
Aug 14, 2014 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
awwwwww
"lets all hug to show our love for each other!!"
"Stop saying things that will create more misunderstandings!"

I love the small chibi acts that they do ^^
Sep 15, 2014 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
OMG the friendship between Sawaka, Yoshida, and Yano is so cute. This really warmed me up to all of the main characters, even Ryu a bit.

I talked about it before, but I'm really starting to wonder if Isshuukan Friends took the relationship dynamics of its characters and decided to have it parallel with Kimi ni Todoke's. Friendly guy wants to be friends with quiet/disliked girl, girl ends up making new friends because of it, quiet friend of friendly guy hangs around in the background as tacit support. I like how it rolls though so I'm good.

Also really glad those bullies felt terrible at the end. They deserved it.
Jan 12, 2015 4:50 AM

Jan 2013
If something goes wrong with this anime I'm pretty sure a commotion is going to be made.
So good to see her standing up for the people she cares.
Mar 31, 2015 9:25 PM

Jun 2013
I'm crying. I really love this anime so much. <3

I'm glad Sawako was able to stand up for herself and her friends by voicing out her feelings. Yano and Yoshida beating the crap out of those brats. They reconciled again after the misunderstandings and rumors that spread out throughout the school. Their classmates now knows the rumors are not true! They're starting to like Sawako now. Lol @ Pin. He heard there was an argument going on so he ran into the girls' restroom, but too late. The three were having a group hug. Pin totally ruined their moment, LOL.

Kazehaya also stood up for Sawako. Ryuu knew that Kazehaya wanted to help but couldn't because he wanted to see how the two will stand up for Sawako. Kazehaya's speech was magnificent. Those brats were embarrassed after he said he hates people spreading trashy rumors. I could sense he was jealous after realizing he and Sawako had no time to be together alone, but he was happy because he could see her smile again and the three are spending time together.

Those brats were sad because he hates them now for spreading rumors. Especially the leader, because she likes him since middle school. They deserved it. And the new character from previous episodes appeared. She's Kurumi. She really seems suspicious.
Jun 21, 2015 11:29 PM

May 2015
So many feels that episode. it felt so over dramatic though. I do understand that it fits with Sawako's character though. Good episode nonetheless. Spreading rumors will only bite you in the ass later.
Nov 21, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty emotional episode. I loved the way how they cleared up the misunderstandings...
Jan 20, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2011
Having Yano and Yoshida call Sawako by her actual name at the end was a nice touch.

On the one hand, I thought it was interesting that the "bisque doll" girl wasn't the one behind the rumors-- that it was a red herring-- but on the other hand I know that this probably means more conflict over Kazehaya in the future, so my feelings are mixed.
Feb 14, 2016 5:19 AM

Mar 2014
Roles and Rumors collision course . Go Miss refreshing ~ !!
Friendship Reconciled and Developed ~ . Glad that was cleared and cleaned~ .
Sadako Warashi ~ . The story of a High-school girl making friends ~ .
Your wish is granted ~ . Live now to your fullest desire ~ .
VERY GREAT EPISODE . Sawako-san ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2016 6:14 AM

May 2013
Anyone clarify this for me, but no spoilers for next episodes please.

Kazehaya knew that his old school girl friends from middle school was the one spreading the rumours right?
May 11, 2016 12:25 AM
May 2016
Krasa said:
Anyone clarify this for me, but no spoilers for next episodes please.

Kazehaya knew that his old school girl friends from middle school was the one spreading the rumours right?

I don't think that you find out just yet, I think you find out episode 11, however I think you probably figure it out before then ;)
Jul 29, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2013
I'm so into this!
To be honest, I don't think girls are really as bad as they tend to be portrayed in anime. Most often people hurt you unknowingly, especially in high school.
Aug 7, 2016 6:03 AM

Oct 2015
well.. all I can say is that the girl in the end looked pretty cute, but why is she stalking them?
Oct 2, 2016 7:34 PM
Mar 2015
So that little conflict was resolved, and Sawako's elegant smile returned again. Good episode right here.
Jun 4, 2017 1:28 AM

Jun 2013
This is it. This is the moment in my life where I caught diabetes.
Oct 1, 2017 5:36 PM

Aug 2017
Great episode , so happy for the trio <3
and LMAO that teacher is hilarious XD
Kazehaya is so cute <3 where do you find good and cute guy like him irl ? >_<
Aug 17, 2018 12:13 PM

Oct 2017
So we find out how Sawako became “Sadako” it makes me sad that even when she was little, she didn’t really have any friends. Also, Chibi Sawako is so cute.

We get back to the girls bullying Sawako In the bathroom, going as far as shoving Sawako around just because she was trying to stick up for Yoshida and Yano. I really wanted to punch every one of those girls.

Yano and Yoshida step in and protect Sawako, ending the little scuffle. They made it very clear that Sawako is their dear friend and she wasn’t spreading rumors. It sure didn’t make that one mean girl happy though.

Thankfully the friends make up and hug it out, finally getting all their feelings out and misunderstandings cleared up. Yay.

I thought the guy holding the paper with “reconciliation” was funny.

Also Pin was kinda scary ramming through all those students, thinking he’d find a fight. Some He teacher he is, lol.

Everyone but Sawako did great on their midterms. Funnily enough it was thanks to her for their high scores. Everyone seems to be warming up to her because of it.

Lol Kazehaya wants to be alone with Sawako more often. Guess he’s a little jealous of Yoshida and Yano. But he’s clearly very happy for her.

Apparently that one girl had a crush on Kazehaya and that’s why she was so intent on bullying Sawako. I don’t feel bad that she was left in tears after Kazehaya called her out. It’s what she deserved.

Looks like the drama is gone for now and we’re in for a fun episode next time. I’m glad cause my heart couldn’t take Sawako being sad for much longer..
Jan 29, 2019 10:44 PM

Jul 2016
That was such a heartwarming reconciliation, that whole sequence in the restroom was incredibly well handled. It was a great episode.

It was also really pleasant to see Sawako voicing her feelings and standing up for herself, it was a nice development for her character.

And on a side note, the person who started the rumors wasn't established yet although it's clear as water who said person was... I wonder what other plans she will have...

But aside from that, oh poor Yuuka... not really. I guess she got what she deserved like... how you dare to step on Sawako's uniform?!!! Oh, sweet dramatic tears, so pleasant.

Overall, a pretty complete episode with a quite satisfactory conclusion for this arc.
Mar 20, 2019 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
Pin is seriously the best character out there. I adore him lmao.
The blonde haired girl is so cute. <3

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Nov 6, 2019 7:07 PM

Aug 2017
It’s only been 6 episodes and I’m already crying...this show is just so emotional! It took me a while to get into it but now I’m hooked. I live for these pure and cute romance shows...T-T
Nov 8, 2019 10:27 PM
Aug 2018
I've watched the series 20 months ago and I can still remember that lovable episode 💕💕. That scene put a remarkable smile in my face and I wished that I'm Sawako (though I'm a guy)
Jan 9, 2020 1:07 PM
Apr 2016
Finally the drama is over! Very glad.
Jun 2, 2021 10:50 AM

Jan 2021
Am I crying..me.. seriously?
CalmTeaTimeNov 4, 2023 9:51 AM
Jun 3, 2021 12:50 PM

Jun 2020
"Yano and Yoshida, my first friends"

RIP Shino-chan
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Jan 17, 2022 4:54 AM

Oct 2008
this anime makes me bawl my eyes out
Apr 21, 2022 5:26 PM

Dec 2021
Glad they didn't make it an endless trend to "Have every episode end on a point of tension". I liked this episode a ton. Wouldn't be easy to watch something where every single episode ends with a tense moment.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 27, 2022 7:05 PM

Jan 2022
episode was great, I'm glad Yoshida and Yano had the spotlight for a bit, they're both really fun characters ^^

I hope we get to see more of the characters together outside of school too
May 21, 2022 1:49 PM

Aug 2016
The girls make up and become friends.

The bathroom b*tches get wrecked by Shouta's words xD

The stalker reappears at the end of the episode, I know it's you......... hope she gets her comeuppance.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Nov 29, 2022 10:59 PM
Sep 2017
WHEN THEY ASKED IF SHE LOVED THEM AND CALLED HER BY HER REAL NAME HAS ME WEAKKKK
Jan 26, 2023 6:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kekeke

it was cool, her firsts 2 "tomodachi"!
Mar 11, 2023 7:45 AM

Feb 2019
But honestly. Who was the one spreading the rumors? You can't exactly blame the bathroom girls because they were saying what they've heard. Guess the culprit could be anyone. In the end the whole school loves to gossip.

And Sawako is a wimpy, naive girl. Rumors are just words with no weight, she takes every little thing seriously.

Apr 19, 2023 4:23 PM
Mar 2023
I love seeing friends be friends :,)
May 25, 2023 3:59 AM
Mar 2017
bawled my eyes out fr
May 26, 2023 2:26 PM
Feb 2020
this show is so fluffly ong i love it sm
Aug 13, 2023 9:31 AM
Aug 2023
glad they patched things up
Sep 7, 2023 10:11 PM
Oct 2022
i usually don't comment on any anime, but this episode was so beautiful, wtf, the emotions got to me, and I just broke down. This anime is so damn cute, DAAAMMMMMNNNNN, what a good anime!
Sep 8, 2023 2:07 AM

Oct 2022
Interesting! They foreshadowed the last girl to be the bitch-san. But she wasn’t. They sure got me, lol.
UndefeatedBahamut
Oct 9, 2023 1:29 PM
May 2023
It was pretty good very wholesome ending
Dec 10, 2023 8:38 AM
Jan 2023
cried. will defend these girls till i die.
Dec 10, 2023 8:39 AM
Jan 2023
cried. will defend these girls till i die.
Feb 24, 3:11 PM

Apr 2017
The cute Blondie was at the end. What she said is room for interpretation. She could be the antagonist of this anime tbh, and it'd be very interesting. I need me a Sae from Peach Girl. One that's comically evil to us, but is a darling on her show. She's already given up hints with that line about how Kazehaya won't like someone so obvious. That hints at her being sneaky.

Though another route could just be her being mischievous and liking the spy on people in general. Like, she enjoys being a matchmaker, which could also be fun.
Feb 24, 7:16 PM

Dec 2017
wholesome episode!
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

171 by 068 »»
Today, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.