Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 8, 2009 11:32 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kimbley free, Marco free - now it will be taking up speed.
There were some flashbacks again, but i don't think they will really deliver all those they missed out in the previous episode..
Nov 8, 2009 11:39 AM

Apr 2009
Personally I really liked it. Animation and style were top knotch, and everything just really went well together. And anyone besides me like the way they used a flashback to introduce Kimblee as a bigger character?

And LOL, oh wow that bit from the preview is going to be amazing next week.
Nov 8, 2009 12:09 PM

Jul 2008
Nice transitional episode. I loved the chess scene montage (and my queen ♥) and Ed's drawing skillz.

So much old people love in this episode- Madame Christmas, Grumman, and Fu! :D

Oh, and I can't wait for this:

BEGINNER
Nov 8, 2009 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
I really like this episode. I mean, i"v read the manga and i know what's coming, but it still pretty well done.

The part with Dr. Nox made me cry a bit, don't know why ;_; I guess I'm just very sensitive to family issues lol

Ok, finally, to the North!!!! *w*

Nov 8, 2009 5:49 PM

Jun 2009
Not too much action this week, but still a decent episode.
Madam Christmas is pretty hot lol
Poor Marcoh, there goes his looks as well!
Dr. Knox getting his family back was nice :D

Next episode looks good....Here come Selim!!
Nov 8, 2009 6:59 PM

Feb 2009
Indeed not much action this week,but the episode was nice...btw in previous season Kimbley didn't look so cool.
Jrittmayer said:

Madam Christmas is pretty hot lol
Poor Marcoh, there goes his looks as well!

Yeah,lol

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 8, 2009 7:02 PM

Nov 2007
Kimblee escaped with the help of Envy.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 8, 2009 7:17 PM

Feb 2009
Kimblee in a white suit is quite classy, can't wait to see him wreck havoc.

Marcoh losing his face looked painful. :/ So I guess they're moving onto the north now, should be interesting.
Nov 8, 2009 7:40 PM

Jul 2007
TO THE NORTH! - Where we will finally literally get to see snow in the show
Nov 8, 2009 8:22 PM

Aug 2009
Great episoide! Madame Christmas is totally hot.
Nov 8, 2009 10:27 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
AHH GUYS I'M SO HAPPY THAT EVERY WEEK I'M SO HAPPY AFTER WATCHING FMA:B!!

Kimblee's va is <333

Roy as a pimp is <33 and:
adamantine said:
I loved the chess scene montage (and my queen ♥)

Next week looks extremely awesome! Can't wait to find out some secrets about the Führer's son!!

i still can't get over Riza's tattoo. When she paused in front of the bookshelf to get the things she "forgot" i seriously thought/hoped that she was going to stop, strip, and show him her tattoo!! but alas, no eye candy for us Riza x Roy fans :'(
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 8, 2009 11:07 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
The Fuhrer's son, huh.

Nov 8, 2009 11:26 PM

Oct 2009
Poor Marco, I mean, I understand Scar's reasoning, but that was just brutal.

And poor Fury, he's only the Pawn. :P
Insert attention-grabbing signature here
Nov 8, 2009 11:53 PM

Jun 2008
Kimblee <3 He looks like the mafia in that slick white suit. I can't wait for him to do what he does best. And I gotta say, I wasn't so hot on his voice last episode, but hearing it this time around really made a difference. It fits him perfectly.

Loved the chess montage. Mustang is too cool for words.

To the North!

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Nov 9, 2009 12:00 AM

May 2009
Quite entertaining for a set up episode. The Dr. Knox scenes were very touching. Eh, Scar's sensibilities leave something to be desired.
Nov 9, 2009 2:34 AM

Jul 2009
Getting the exterior of your face completely disintegrated? OUCH!
Would it not have been better to just give him a mask or something? =P

Kimblee is released and Scar is going north.
Looks like the show is starting to pick up the pace again after being stagnant for a while.

One thing that puzzles me though is why Edward is so keen on getting his limbs restored.
I can understand if Alphonse want his body back, being trapped in a clunky suit of armour can't be very fun since you can't experience any fleshly pleasures, and the size and weight must be very inconvenient at times.
But Edward on the other hand got a perfectly working superior automail arm and leg.
Why would he want to trade away that?
It's far stronger than your normal human arm and you can easily fit different modifications in them, plus he can use alchemy on at any point to enhance their usefulness even further.

I for one would not trade that away.
Heck if we had that good working artificial limbs I'd cut my own arm off =P
EternalDreamerNov 9, 2009 2:49 AM
Nov 9, 2009 5:12 AM

Sep 2008
I rly loved this ep!

Roy with the chess scene (damn, I guess one can't call this guy anything but a tactic genius!)

Riza stopped by Roy's office to tell him about Scar being lurking around *n to get her stuff which I think is only an excuse =)*

The queen thing was <3!!
Roy x Riza ftw!!

Dr. Knox crying when he went to make coffee for his family was rly touching!
Lan Fan & May Chang rly did good thanking him like that.

Ed telling the General (Roy) he is gonna get himself in a debt with him one after the other (in other words, not gonna let him die) was quite good and touching at the same time, too. =)

Ed & Al are in search for Shao May (to learn the secret about May Chang & Scar's alchemy) and Scar, whatever-named coward, May Chang and exterior face destroyed Marco going North!

and not to forget, Kimblee (by Envy's help) out in the run for Scar! *btw, he rly looked good in that white suit o_O*

5/5 ep!!

Keep it up, FMA.B!!
U'r always surprising me with each single ep <3! ^.^

Can't wait for next ep~

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 9, 2009 5:17 AM

Jul 2009
EternalDreamer said:
Getting the exterior of your face completely disintegrated? OUCH!
Would it not have been better to just give him a mask or something? =P

Looks like Scar just wanted to hurt Marcoh.
Then again, I wouldn't blame him. I mean he spend all this time killing State Alchemists in general to avenge his fallen comrades & now he comes across someone who used them as guinea pigs to create a philosopher's stone. Ofcourse he'll want to hurt him.

EternalDreamer said:

One thing that puzzles me though is why Edward is so keen on getting his limbs restored.
I can understand if Alphonse want his body back, being trapped in a clunky suit of armour can't be very fun since you can't experience any fleshly pleasures, and the size and weight must be very inconvenient at times.
But Edward on the other hand got a perfectly working superior automail arm and leg.
Why would he want to trade away that?
It's far stronger than your normal human arm and you can easily fit different modifications in them, plus he can use alchemy on at any point to enhance their usefulness even further.

I for one would not trade that away.
Heck if we had that good working artificial limbs I'd cut my own arm off =P

His limbs probably remind him about their failed attempt to ressurect their dead mother & of the consequences of their actions. As Hohenheim said "Just like a child hiding the sheets after wetting them."
Nov 9, 2009 5:32 AM

Mar 2009
Al: "Sorry, ignore the alien."

^ HILARIOUS!
Nov 9, 2009 9:04 AM

May 2009
adamantine said:
I loved the chess scene montage (and my queen ♥)

Hehehe, so true.

Very decent episode :D I also like the part where Kimblee is in the car with Envy. Powerful 8D
And I can't wait for
Nov 9, 2009 9:14 AM

Oct 2007
Loved the chess scene and the scene with Kimblee and Envy in the car. Absolutely awesome ♥
Nov 9, 2009 9:28 AM

Mar 2008
Hoshino doing Kimblee's voice was strange. It took me by surprise. Though Kimblee is still Kimblee and that little redemption joke on the guard cracked me up. Hehe. Also, Roy looked very cool throughout this episode and Dr. Nox's scene was pretty emotional. He deserves more screen time damn it!

Btw, can't wait to see lady Armstrong!
Nov 9, 2009 10:58 AM

Sep 2009
Naruleach said:

i still can't get over Riza's tattoo. When she paused in front of the bookshelf to get the things she "forgot" i seriously thought/hoped that she was going to stop, strip, and show him her tattoo!! but alas, no eye candy for us Riza x Roy fans :'(
She has already shown the tattoo to Roy.
Nov 9, 2009 11:01 AM

Jan 2008
Kimblee and Envy looked like killer BFFs XD
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Nov 9, 2009 11:05 AM

Aug 2008
Not bad, just not very interesting. It was nice to see Scar kept Marcoh alive, and that Mustang called Riza his queen, but besides that I found myself not paying too much attention to the episode. Including the whole car ride with mustang. I could only think about what 520 cenz they were talking about. I don't even remember it being borrowed.
Nov 9, 2009 11:41 AM

May 2009
This episode went by very fast even with mostly talking. I like Kimblee, he's awesome and he has a great seiyuu.
Nov 9, 2009 12:10 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
Not bad, just not very interesting. It was nice to see Scar kept Marcoh alive, and that Mustang called Riza his queen, but besides that I found myself not paying too much attention to the episode. Including the whole car ride with mustang. I could only think about what 520 cenz they were talking about. I don't even remember it being borrowed.
Ed borrowed them after they were brought back up from the Father's lair to make the call to Winry in the phone booth.
Nov 9, 2009 12:29 PM

May 2008
I am a bit dissapointed in this episode, but seriously, it's rather hard to beat the Ishibal episode so it might be just that... hmm....

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 9, 2009 1:18 PM

Apr 2009
Aww, they skipped the little scene where the Elrics see Roy meeting up with some woman right after their talk D:
'Sorry, ignore the alien over there' xD Poor Al, having to bear Ed's idiocy.

Knox's reunion with his family got me teary-eyed. But it was a little less heavy with emotion than in the manga.

- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 9, 2009 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
Hmm.. wait I find this pretty interesting, "VENGEANCE" is written in English on the wall when Envy walks in?xD
Also, I understand that Ed would focus on getting Al's body back over getting his own limbs back, since I don't see having a metal arm/leg as something negative xD
And.. Oh lol Scar is quite a brute, ain't he?xD

Traveller said:
Al: "Sorry, ignore the alien."

^This, and
Painaholic said:
Kimblee The smooth Criminal was released \(^_^)/

^This
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 9, 2009 2:57 PM
Aug 2007
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! Loved the chess scene, ed and al searching for the girl, kimbley looks so cool!!

FMA:B is waaaaay better than the previous anime!!!
Nov 9, 2009 3:43 PM

May 2009
Am I the only one who thinks that Ed looks older ? Maybe it's the change of clothes, but he gives a more mature and classy feeling
Nov 9, 2009 4:02 PM

May 2007
Loved the chess scene with Riza being Roy's queen. x3
So the plot is heading north now, eh? Where there's snow! :O

Nov 9, 2009 4:38 PM

Jun 2009
So there really was a Vanessa.... Roy you Sly Dog.. ahah
Nov 9, 2009 8:22 PM

Feb 2008
I find Fma (Both the anime and the manga) more interesting when it concentrates on Mustang, rather then Ed.

4/5
Nov 9, 2009 8:28 PM

Jul 2009
i laughed when i saw the statue of the bear with the salmon in its mouth. junjou anyone?

The plot thickens as it seems powerful odds are against the righteous characters.
Nov 9, 2009 9:55 PM

Oct 2007
the first thing i thought after seeing this

is THIS

Kimblee is THE SMOOTH CRIMINAL <3
Nov 10, 2009 2:41 AM

Aug 2009
Painaholic said:
the first thing i thought after seeing this

is THIS

Kimblee is THE SMOOTH CRIMINAL <3

That's hot.
Nov 10, 2009 2:47 AM

Aug 2007
The best part of the episode was this ->
adamantine said:

Nov 10, 2009 7:58 AM

Jul 2009
Dr. Knox scene with his family is indeed touching..
Kimblee messing with the guard with toy bomb had cracked me up :)
Envy & Kimblee plotting together inside a car...priceless
LOL with Ed horrible drawing of Shao May XD
4/5
Nov 10, 2009 9:10 AM

Jul 2009
Why does Kimbley sound like a 19 year old?...and I just noticed he's dressed like Michael Jackson from Smooth Criminal XD
Nov 10, 2009 9:54 AM

May 2009
talkngseverdhead said:
i laughed when i saw the statue of the bear with the salmon in its mouth. junjou anyone?

Bahaha me too.

So, Kimblee's been released and now he has not one but two Philosopher's Stones... greeeeat.
Scar destroying Marcoh's face was vicious.
Nov 10, 2009 11:11 AM

Feb 2009
This was a better episode than last week, nothing was really crammed in, therefore it has a relevant pace to it. I liked the doctor with his family, it was really emotional with him, I wonder what he has done, looks like he has a dark history. Also what Scar did to the other doctor's face was harsh, but I guess it was smart in its dark and dilluded way. Anyway hopefully we will see some action in the next episode!!
Nov 10, 2009 11:45 AM

Jun 2009
Another great episode of FMA:Brotherhood, Can't wait for the next!
Nov 10, 2009 11:59 AM

Feb 2009
This sets upa lot of events for the future, great episode. That Kimbley dude looks like someone you don't wanna mess with...
And Holy Crao, ONLY the exterior of his face destroyed!
Nov 10, 2009 12:02 PM

Feb 2009
I wonder what Marcoh's face looks like now, lol.
Nov 10, 2009 12:56 PM

Jul 2008
the chess compare was really cool, how he lose nearly all of them, japan really like the western chess.

Nov 10, 2009 1:57 PM

Sep 2008
I liked this episoooode~ So many good things in it.

I felt so bad for Dr. Knox when he was crying while making coffee... And poor Dr. Marcoh! Doctors are getting hit hard in this episode huh? I can't imagine Marcoh's pain. D': Obviously Scar is still very bitter (with good reason, especially towards Marcoh, who was actually involved in slaughtering Scar's people to make a Philosopher's Stone).
Nov 10, 2009 2:20 PM
Jun 2008
Wow, this is getting better!
But something that is pissing me is the pace of FMA Brotherhood...
Nov 10, 2009 3:08 PM

Feb 2009
Kiseki said:
the chess compare was really cool, how he lose nearly all of them, japan really like the western chess.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that... the chess scene was really awesome, My favorite piece I'de say it's the Queen =P
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
5 hours ago

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.