Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 3, 2019 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
this was so funny! i laughed a lot. kinda sad that they didn't became friends in the end but yeah
Jul 7, 2019 4:50 AM

Jan 2016
ok, ok.. at first I thought the guy was a genderbent Tomoko... good OVA, it does feel a little different the show's episodes

7/10
Oct 12, 2019 12:44 PM
May 2019
okanagan said:
Back when the series was airing, I also read ahead in the manga very carefully
to see what was being covered. The anime did not follow the manga linearly,
but everything was there, with just a few things being in the anime that were
completely absent from the manga. The best example is the ED sequence in
Episode 2 where she rides the swan boat on the lake. Also, there was the
homage to "Death Note" when Tomoko was doing an internet search.

This content does not look familiar to me at all. Please nobody spoil the manga,
but just say "yes" or "no" regarding whether this is original non-manga content.

I really wish that they would not call this "Episode 13". That means that fans are
going to be having angry debates at fan conventions for the next century about
whether there are 12 episodes and an OVA or 13 episodes.

Its called an ORIGINAL video animation which means its entirely original
Oct 12, 2019 12:47 PM
May 2019
Hraktuus said:
That was just... depressing.

Still loved it. Too bad a season 2 never got made. I'll have to read the manga.

Theory: It is possible the Tomoko we saw from the glasses guy's point of view is how Tomoko really looks, and Tomoko in most of the series is how she perceives herself. Thinking of oneself as "ugly" is fairly typical of girls her age, especially when they have disorders. The only time she is called ugly by someone else in the series is by her brother or when she made an intentionally ugly face to camouflage herself from her classmates. When others have spoken to her, it's actually friendly. As for why she hasn't been approached by guys based on looks... Japanese men are notorious for not approaching women, and really I think we can say American men these days don't have them beaten by much. Present day society is a lot more closed. People socialize less and play with their phones more. Tomoko is an inevitable product of such a society.

I love her no matter how she looks though. <3

I think its the opposite since he was younger than her he saw her as mysterious and beautiful but when we saw it in her point of view it was what she actually looked like
Mar 27, 2020 5:29 PM
Sep 2019
I liked it, but I don't really know what the backstory is so...
May 28, 2020 6:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, that was a touching story. Embarrasing but sweet at the same time, that's what makes priceless middle school memories xD.

Kuroko's demands to seal the deal with the DVD sales was quite something, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 9, 2020 8:54 PM

Sep 2017
Not at all what I was expecting but it was a fine ova.
Jan 23, 2021 11:28 AM
Mar 24, 2021 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
Woah, we got to see Tomoko Kuroki's past before. I was confused because of how Tomoko Kuroki looked so different before. She looked, tall? Or was it the art... idk. But well, it's really relatable since because I do that a lot. I try to pretend about something, like I'm a time traveler. I pretend to be a person from the future who traveled back to the past. Did I get the idea wrong?
Mar 30, 2021 9:40 PM

Mar 2020
I was originally planning on watching this when I caught up with the manga, but spin.moe wouldn't stop recommending this. It's kinda surreal to revisit this series since Watamote is probably the first anime I ever watched. To think there was once a time where I had the option to back out of anime hell.

It was surprising to see the OVA go in its own direction. I had hoped there would be some closure to the pretty bad ending that was in the TV series, but I like how the recounts of Tomoko and Aomatsu differed from one another. I also enjoyed the feeling of ennui and claustrophobia I got from this episode. Also, if anyone has a rip of the song that plays at 4:08, please hand it over to me. I went on a hunt to find it a couple of years ago, but ended up with nothing. It's quite a good ambient track, especially when it was used during the umbrella scene in the TV series.
Apr 4, 2022 10:44 PM

Jul 2019
It was nice seeing Tomoko acting confident and actually impressing someone. While watching I was assuming the first account was Tomoko's and then we would see how it really played out, but the cool, mysterious Tomoko was actually from Aomatsu's POV.

Heh, yuri. Yuu-chan doesn't quite understand but will try her best. She's nice.
Feb 26, 2023 11:34 AM
Feb 2023
Впечатления смутные, но для доп-эпизода очень даже неплохо.
Jun 5, 2023 5:56 AM

Oct 2022
Gosh i didn't know anime OVA was an actual episode...guess i really am uneducated and have missed a bunch of em. This was so funny, its been a while since i watched the original. Tomoko coming up with a story while totally hurting her ankle was hilarious, i love the in between explanation of the story. Gahh i miss this anime and its wackiness.
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Oct 16, 2023 8:56 PM

May 2022
That was unexpectedly funny guess the hope of more seasons is dead.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who do you ship Tomoko with? (cast your vote)

okanagan - Oct 31, 2014

26 by DoisacChopper »»
Dec 21, 2022 3:47 AM

» Watamote OVA references and music identification

sido - Sep 30, 2016

6 by Kokujin-kun »»
Nov 21, 2017 5:19 PM

» Why so far off?

HandSonicvI - Sep 13, 2013

22 by CXTKRS1 »»
Oct 27, 2014 11:10 AM

» Any idea on what this will be about?

TornRamos - Sep 7, 2014

2 by Gar_Logan »»
Sep 9, 2014 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.