Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 7, 2009 9:17 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverNov 7, 2009 7:38 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 8, 2009 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
With those over-the-top jokes and that annoying voice of male lead i thought now this story is going to be a comedy (which I didnt appreciate at first).
but then it suddenly turned out to be even more twisted than the last story, wow i must say I am amazed~ lol

If I can ignore the unsuitable VA for this story, I think the episode impressed me easily as much as the 1st ep of last story, which was best one of the 4 episodes. But I just cannot get used to that voice throughout the whole ep, so I am glad it is going to be over in the next ep.

and lol @ that english speaking wife. in fact i think its a native speaker, not the usual engrish we get from animes anyway~
Nov 8, 2009 5:14 PM

Oct 2009
Something that did not make sense is why kill all these beautiful girls when you can do much more with them? Also one of them spoke English.So the guy is Shigemaru and is some kind of mountain bandit or just a thief/pimp? Another thing I find is the scenery is well done. So well that the Cherry blossom tree in blood scared me. Also was the Shigemaru under some paranormal/hypnotical influence from the beautiful woman? Why would you do something like cutting their head to beautiful women even if they were imperfect like one having dandruff?
francismeunierNov 8, 2009 7:15 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 8, 2009 5:39 PM

Jun 2009
Haha i didn't really get this episodee><
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Nov 8, 2009 5:45 PM

Jun 2007
Not feeling this. It switched between comedy and slaughter at the click of a finger, with the comedy being the usual anime standard (Engrish speaking girl, harem stereotypes, chibi/cute character deformations), as well as some 'WTF?' headphone and bubblegum inclusions. And the song singing during the slaughter, along with mask imagery covering up the 'good' bits, left me feeling unsatisfied. The story seems rather basic, too, with the new 'wife' simply having some kind of control over the lead and telling him what to do.

Also, the voice actor for the grizzly bandit sounds like the same guy who did the lead in the last story. If they are one and the same, that's just lazy; using the same voice for two totally different characters.

And, to top it off, my computer struggled with A.Niger's release more than usual because of the OP and singing. I could do with another group, with decent translations - A.Niger's 720P releases aren't shitty PC friendly.

Since I believe all these stories are based on old novels, I assumed every story would be realism heavy period pieces; like the first. If the rest of the episodes are like this, I'll probably give it 7/10. Even though the first arc was good, it seemed very rushed in the final episode, and the first arc only covered four episodes.
Nov 8, 2009 6:10 PM

May 2008
This arc certainly isn't quite what Ningen Shikkaku was in my mind, though I guess it could have been worse. Some of the deadpan humor and chibi stuff felt really out of place in this series, especially right after Ningen Shikkaku. And of course, there was the issue of Masato not fitting his role well, but I guess one can get used to that. I'm personally mainly looking forward to Kokoro and Hell Screen.

Aionic said:

And, to top it off, my computer struggled with A.Niger's release more than usual because of the OP and singing. I could do with another group, with decent translations - A.Niger's 720P releases aren't shitty PC friendly.

Did you try turning off the subs for just the singing parts?

It would be nice to release a more CPU-friendly encode as well, though encoding is a whole new can of worms (Just all the subbing related things are already quite a lot for one person to do as is), and I myself don't have a good enough computer (laptop) to do it quickly (not that I really want to have my CPU monopolized for a day or so either).
Nov 8, 2009 6:20 PM

Jun 2007
hikky said:
Did you try turning off the subs for just the singing parts?

You, my man, are a genius. I always assumed TV-rip fansubs wouldn't allow the subtitles to be turned off, and it never occurred to me that the fancy subs would be the cause of the slowdown. Thanks to your comment, I'm ignorant no more - I can now actually watch the OP without needing to skip.

It's luck of the draw with 720P releases and me. Sometimes they play, even when I have other programs running, whilst other times I have issues even with nothing else going on. And I have CoreAVC. I guess some groups try to be nice to people like me and others don't bother... actually, not even that's true; sometimes I can get THORA's releases to play. :/
Nov 8, 2009 7:07 PM

Sep 2007
I'll reserve most judgment until this arc is done, but for now I'll say that the art was amazing.
Nov 8, 2009 7:19 PM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
With those over-the-top jokes and that annoying voice of male lead i thought now this story is going to be a comedy (which I didnt appreciate at first).
but then it suddenly turned out to be even more twisted than the last story, wow i must say I am amazed~ lol

I like that male lead a lot. He says good information and shows how the author looked like. What was the point of putting nipples on that girl in the OP anyways?
vinesage said:
If I can ignore the unsuitable VA for this story, I think the episode impressed me easily as much as the 1st ep of last story, which was best one of the 4 episodes. But I just cannot get used to that voice throughout the whole ep, so I am glad it is going to be over in the next ep.

I must say scenery was more impressive but so was the Sakuras also it was interesting to see.
vinesage said:
and lol @ that english speaking wife. in fact i think its a native speaker, not the usual engrish we get from animes anyway~

I laughed hard for some time at this: What was the point of putting that pig talking anyways. BTW who was that guy that looked like he was super powering his body in the beginning?

Nov 8, 2009 8:02 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Something that did not make sense is why kill all these beautiful girls when you can do much more with them? Also one of them spoke English.So the guy is Shigemaru and is some kind of mountain bandit or just a thief/pimp? Another thing I find is the scenery is well done. So well that the Cherry blossom tree in blood scared me. Also was the Shigemaru under some paranormal/hypnotical influence from the beautiful woman? Why would you do something like cutting their head to beautiful women even if they were imperfect like one having dandruff?
Well, I think as of now I understand the story as much, or as little, as you do. I am not really sure what it is really about expect the obvious "extreme beauty = evil" theme.
As far as I can tell, it is a story about a physically powerful but "unintelligent" robber/bandit (very typical) who encounters a woman he finds so beautiful that he is willing to do anything for her, even killing all his previous wives just because the woman likes it to be so. One girl was spared because the woman wants a servant.

So no, he isn't under hypnotic influence or etc. I dont know if you can call it love, but I believe he just wants to please her. It might be some old-time mentality thats difficult for people nowadays to really understand, i dont know.

and about why not leaving all his other wives alive: I think that possibility might not even occur to him since i very much doubt there was any harem anime at his time :-)

edit: I think one needs to consider human lives didnt worth much at that time anyway. Plus, for a bandit like him the lives of a bunch of girls, whose lives he spared previously, might be just something like a common possession of his. It is totally up to him whether they live or die.
vinesageNov 8, 2009 8:13 PM
Nov 8, 2009 9:49 PM

Nov 2009
I too also expected a more serious atmosphere to the anime.
I find that there are too much unnecessary humour in it that mislead us to figure out the mood of the show. It seems like they want to have some parody of anime set in the olden days.

I think that for the bandit to kill his wives, is to show his manliness to the woman. It's common to see in olden chinese tales, that a man can do anything for the woman to proof himself. So i guess the bandit falls into this category after being mesmerized by that woman. Hence the bandit foolishly fulfil her wishes to proof his sincerity.
Nov 9, 2009 12:10 AM

Jul 2009
What was that o_O! I thought i watching a different anime there,

One time i laugh..and the next time i'm gawking at the slaughtering..woman are indeed scary, she controlled Shigemaru completely..

And next they will go to the town? i can't help myself from imagining bad things will happen to Shigemaru, i'll prepared for an impact
Nov 9, 2009 12:56 AM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
francismeunier said:

vinesage said:
Well, I think as of now I understand the story as much, or as little, as you do. I am not really sure what it is really about expect the obvious "extreme beauty = evil" theme.
As far as I can tell, it is a story about a physically powerful but "unintelligent" robber/bandit (very typical) who encounters a woman he finds so beautiful that he is willing to do anything for her, even killing all his previous wives just because the woman likes it to be so. One girl was spared because the woman wants a servant.
Ok, that insane indeed. I wonder if those Sakuras made him into a trance with that girls' singing?

vinesage said:
So no, he isn't under hypnotic influence or etc. I dont know if you can call it love, but I believe he just wants to please her. It might be some old-time mentality thats difficult for people nowadays to really understand, i dont know.

So her beauty might have a mental effect on him along with those Sakuras?
vinesage said:
and about why not leaving all his other wives alive: I think that possibility might not even occur to him since i very much doubt there was any harem anime at his time :-)

Yes, vinesage but just because those girls were not to the taste of that new girl it should have been his saying that she get used to them instead of "Yes, I will kill them because you want to" kind of thing.
vinesage said:
edit: I think one needs to consider human lives didnt worth much at that time anyway. Plus, for a bandit like him the lives of a bunch of girls, whose lives he spared previously, might be just something like a common possession of his. It is totally up to him whether they live or die.

That's what the author tried to maybe convey but more about the bushido from what was mentioned that quickly read. The abuse of the samurais might have been a good example with a guy like him. I am not sure but he might have been a samurai long ago. He does have some scars on him.

Nov 9, 2009 1:29 AM
Feb 2009
vinesage said:
...since i very much doubt there was any harem anime at his time :-) ...

...human lives didnt worth much at that time anyway...
I don't think the time is an issue. If you notice, right before the "couple" meets, he has earphones on, which look very modern. And the girl was a city girl, and had a modern sense of fashion, and such. I'd think they are just living in nature, no matter the time.

And to the people confused by comedy and such, note that the series is based on different books, by different people, so there could be different styles of writing, and genres, and such.
Nov 9, 2009 4:04 AM

Apr 2009
hahahaha.. wow.. good thing we get a very much different story everytime.. i like this one.. some comedy + brutality.. i laughed hard at the hood and the earphones.. must be a parody of some punk.. and although i am a harem fan, i won't pick the harem like what francis is saying.. i'll still pick akiko, the new wife coz she's too just captivating (and has the voice of nana-sama).. i think i'm starting to become M here.. don't mind me..
Nov 9, 2009 8:25 AM
Nov 2008
Absolutely awesome.
Nov 9, 2009 9:11 AM

Oct 2007
This is rather something after the first arc just finished. When she tells him to find her hairpin while carrying her at the same time and go through all of those trouble just to do as he is told. I know something interesting is going to happen soon. Just right when she turns her back and blinds herself and says those girls are going to be disappeared. I say bye bye to those girls. This could be an interesting arc.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 9, 2009 9:24 AM

Oct 2009
_Me_ said:
vinesage said:
...since i very much doubt there was any harem anime at his time :-) ...

...human lives didnt worth much at that time anyway...
I don't think the time is an issue. If you notice, right before the "couple" meets, he has earphones on, which look very modern. And the girl was a city girl, and had a modern sense of fashion, and such. I'd think they are just living in nature, no matter the time.

And to the people confused by comedy and such, note that the series is based on different books, by different people, so there could be different styles of writing, and genres, and such.

Yeah that is one thing I don't get, he has earphones and on top of that bubble gum but the whole thing was supposed to be around the 1975s latest but it might be the earlies as 1935s so that is something that is strange.

Nov 9, 2009 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
This Was Friggin Hilarious LMAO At The Chick Shouting Random English Phrases.......But I Got Pretty Fu*kd Up Towards The End
Nate2k90Nov 9, 2009 10:13 AM
Nov 9, 2009 10:02 AM

Oct 2007
uh. i was like wtf. pretty disappointing. the only good parts were the creepy sakura and slaughter with singing and rolling doll-heads. but the random chibi or talking-pig or bubble gum moments were just out of place. especially, like someone already said, after Ningen Shikkaku.
waiting for Kokoro :3
Nov 9, 2009 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Yeah that is one thing I don't get, he has earphones and on top of that bubble gum but the whole thing was supposed to be around the 1975s latest but it might be the earlies as 1935s so that is something that is strange.
Nah, it cant be 1935, thats waaaaaay too modern for this story. Maybe the novel was written in 1935 something, but I bet the story is as early as 13th century something, or maybe even earlier.
Hood, bubblegum etc are only comedy elements that have nothing to do with the real story. I bet it must be a reference on something special, but i cant think of anything myself.
Nov 9, 2009 12:19 PM
Jul 2008
The beginning totally turned me off.
No only did I not like the character design, but that err...power up thing he did just confused me.
That and the whole," I won't kill you, I'm a nice ban- *SLAUGHTER*" thing.
Nov 9, 2009 12:35 PM

Jun 2009
Hm, it's a really pity to me.
"No Longer Human" was really great and on such a high league, this now is only trash....
Nov 9, 2009 12:36 PM

Jul 2009

At first, he was lyk......

Then, he was lyk.....

FINALLY!!! Tite Kubo did something decent for once..... Oh wai-, that was not even his idea, what am I talking about? LOL

But anyway, I got a pleasant surprise about Kubo: He can actually draw an attractive woman since Neliel, Yoruichi and Soi Fong.... How GREAT was that?!!! 0________0 so dude was not that useless after all, got some tiny respect for him now (^_^)b

Renege said:

Well, he didn't kill the 1st guy because that guy did what he wanted him to do. It's not like he was going back on his word or something ;p

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 9, 2009 1:11 PM

Apr 2009
I was really disappointed. Tite Kubo didn't do this nice at all. The characters are so ugly. Shigemaru looks like Ganju from Bleach or an ugly character from NEEDLESS.
And the story seems to be good. But of course they are going to make it unserious with bad jokes etc. The feeling. It could be soo much better if Takeshi Obata or someone else more mature did this.
And the seiyuus disappoints me too :( Youzou's voice is his voice. It fits him well. It doesn't fit Shigemaru at all.
I really hope this anime will get more serious in the continue. It risk my rating to a 8-9 because of this fucked up shit (maybe I overexaggerated :( the animation was ok afterall)
Ningen Shikkaku is still 10/10<3
Nov 9, 2009 1:36 PM

Jul 2009
KeroroGunsou said:
I was really disappointed. Tite Kubo didn't do this nice at all. The characters are so ugly. Shigemaru looks like Ganju from Bleach or an ugly character from NEEDLESS.

Teh women, my friend, avert your gaze to the women (and when I said "women", I was referring to the most decent one out of his ex(s) and the manipulative bitch who recently joined my bitch school, of course) instead if you're not used to manly-looking man, but LOL he did indeed look like a vamp up version of fatass Ganju.

Oh well, at least look at the bright side, he was not as fugly as the dudes in western FPS nowadays.... Man, on one side, I got she-males from Japan and on the other side, walking frigo(s) from teh west, what a great world I'm living in...>_>

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 9, 2009 1:42 PM

Nov 2007
I literally loved this episode. Being a Nana-fan may play a part in my judgement, but I would challenge anyone to say that the singing in this episode was not sublime~
Sure, it's different from the first arc, but No longer Human was simply "bizarre" for start to end. From the very first second, the atmosphere was heavy and it remains the same all along the 4 episodes.
Here, with those quite out of place jokes/characters/singing moments mixed with brutal slaughters, I feel much more satisfied. Cute chibi and blood bath make for a good combination (sometimes).

Next ep can't come fast enough u_u...
Nov 9, 2009 2:11 PM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
francismeunier said:
Nah, it cant be 1935, thats waaaaaay too modern for this story. Maybe the novel was written in 1935 something, but I bet the story is as early as 13th century something, or maybe even earlier.
Hood, bubblegum etc are only comedy elements that have nothing to do with the real story. I bet it must be a reference on something special, but i cant think of anything myself.

I had my suspicion vinesage that it was not a serious part of this series. Thanks for mentioning it and 13th century? Really?

Nov 9, 2009 2:45 PM

Oct 2008
Thought this was going to be a comedy at first, with the talking pig and all the girls {Esepcially English-speaking wife...xD Her engrish was classic} until he found a NEW wife and she started giving orders.

Creepy, kept me interested and can't wait to see what happens next! I thought it was funny that Shigemaru had bubble gum and headphones..xD It was so out of place.
Nov 9, 2009 3:43 PM

Jul 2008
pretty good episode I like this story as much as I liked the first one. Although using the same VA for the main character in this story is kind of cheap. The power up at the beginning was funny I would make a gif of that if I could find a program that wouldn't label their logo on it >_<. I had a feeling the loli wasn't going to die

Nov 9, 2009 4:08 PM

Apr 2009
AddictedToAnime said:
pretty good episode I like this story as much as I liked the first one. Although using the same VA for the main character in this story is kind of cheap. The power up at the beginning was funny I would make a gif of that if I could find a program that wouldn't label their logo on it >_<. I had a feeling the loli wasn't going to die
i bet they'd keep on using the same VA for all main characters for each novel adaptation in this series.. he lacks roles after all.. and he'll probably be the one speaking about the novels everytime just like what he did in No Longer Human.. and yay! the megane loli lives!
NinaWolken said:
I literally loved this episode. Being a Nana-fan may play a part in my judgement, but I would challenge anyone to say that the singing in this episode was not sublime~
Sure, it's different from the first arc, but No longer Human was simply "bizarre" for start to end. From the very first second, the atmosphere was heavy and it remains the same all along the 4 episodes.
Here, with those quite out of place jokes/characters/singing moments mixed with brutal slaughters, I feel much more satisfied. Cute chibi and blood bath make for a good combination (sometimes)..
i'm a Nana-fan,too.. and the singing is just excellent.. it fits her.. i can't see any other seiyuu being able to sing songs like that..
the only thing i liked in No Longer Human is the first ep.. everything else is just making the main char sink lower than he already is.. but then again.. maybe that was the point of that story..
this one is pretty much all around.. i like it more.. hope it delivers.. i think they've put there those kinds of comedy because the original novel may have comedy but it may not appear entertaining to the modern watchers, so i think it is a nice move to keep us laughing..
Nov 9, 2009 5:09 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
I had my suspicion vinesage that it was not a serious part of this series. Thanks for mentioning it and 13th century? Really?
according to this wiki entry the novel was written in 1947, and its a story of the 12th century happened on these mountains.
Nov 9, 2009 6:12 PM

Feb 2009
I enjoyed the "No longer Human" arc much more than this one style wise but I didn't dislike this either. Specially the Kabuki and Noh references in the slaughter scene were nice touches in my opinion. The comedy and parodies in this arc are not blended in properly and I think they needed a more creative director in order to be able to get the mixture of serious and comedy work. I've seen the best example of this type of comedy in "Samurai Champloo".

Nov 9, 2009 8:35 PM
Jul 2008
BitchMaster said:

Renege said:

Well, he didn't kill the 1st guy because that guy did what he wanted him to do. It's not like he was going back on his word or something ;p

Good thing that first guy didn't have a beautful woman with him XD
Nov 9, 2009 10:15 PM

Aug 2008
I'm pretty unimpressed, which is saying something because I enjoyed the art and the song/killing sequence. There was great direction, but the overall style of story-telling was just horrible, and the pacing between comedy and more substantive parts was atrocious. I already want this arc to be over. Maybe it will take me by surprise in a good way, the way No Longer Human did in a bad way since a story like this seems more suited to 4 episodes.
Nov 9, 2009 11:35 PM

Apr 2008
I dunno...I thought the humor was cute at the beginning. Also, in my mind, at least, it made the sudden turn to violence stand out all that much more in my mind. When the new woman started singing at that one part, I thought it was stupid, at first. But again, the juxtaposition of the song with what was going on while she sang it seemed to make the events all that much more creepy.

It's an interesting way to approach this story, which seems like it may have been something much more serious in its original, written form. I agree that the art is fabulous. I'll reserve my judgement for a bit yet.

Did anyone notice how the guy is allowing this woman to coax him out of every person and thing he considers of value? First his [ex] wives, then his home in the forest (which he spoke of so fondly earlier on in the ep). This guy is headed for a bad end, at this rate.

argilium said:
.. and yay! the megane loli lives!
QFT...she's cute, especially in the scene at the beginning...

"Okay, you can leave now!~"

"But I felt sorry for him~"

So cute! X-D
Nov 10, 2009 12:03 AM

Jul 2008
wow not only is the guy scared of sakura trees, but he fallows any order hes given, even killing his own ex-wifes, weird guy
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 10, 2009 6:09 AM

Jul 2009
It's like the opposite of first 4 episodes. When I saw the first scene of stupid looking man running away from animated bear I thought that I downloaded the wrong anime. And when I realized that Shigemaru has the same voice Yozo I got totally scared. That voice doesn't suit the fat bandit. It's Yozo's voice!!!! Anyway Shoko is extremely beautiful <3 If I were a guy I would definitely fall for her and if she asked I'd kill all the humanity for her! She's just wonderfully beautiful. And scenes where Shigemaru starts to scream are marvelous, those with sakura trees -,- So my total score is 3/5. This was only OK and didn't impress me very much (except Shoko... )
Nov 10, 2009 9:15 AM

Apr 2008
This was horrible, I was expecting much more considering the last story.

Bad character designs, bad VA.
And if this is truly a classic novel I doubt they'd be walking around with ipods or an american wife.

edit: for the author.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ango_Sakaguchi
Seeing as he died in 1950, obviously many things have been altered in this anime, not solely the elements i mentioned before. This is really dissapointing; I do not know if this was a choice of the director or the fact that the guy who did Bleach did the designs for this show.
SoheiNov 10, 2009 9:21 AM
Nov 10, 2009 10:03 AM

Jun 2009
Somehow disappointing compared to first adaptation, although not bad.
Nov 10, 2009 10:16 AM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
francismeunier said:
according to this wiki entry the novel was written in 1947, and its a story of the 12th century happened on these mountains.

Ok, those mountains are at the heart of the middle where a lot of trade happens. Now it is even more logical vinesage to say that Shigemaru could have gotten all the girls he wanted ever. With so much trade it was no surprise.

Nov 10, 2009 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Not really interested in Under Cherries in Full Bloom as well but it has Nana Mizuki on it, so whatever, I'll just stick with it.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 10, 2009 12:34 PM

Feb 2009
That's one weird voice. Couldn't they've gotten a rougher voice for the main character?
Nov 10, 2009 12:55 PM

Feb 2009
Very weird episode...talking boar,mp3 player...lol
And the psycho girl(well...she was sooooooo cute,but still...)was realy annoying with all that "If you dont (something) i wont be your wife" .
And that mysterious sakura...i hope the second part will be better :S

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 10, 2009 2:15 PM

Aug 2009
I don't know what I feel about this arc. I'm really dissappointed with this "comedy insertion" as well as the moe. But I am intrigued by the storyline and what's going to happen next so I think I'll just have to deal. I really liked the new wife's singing voice. It was really talented--it worked well with the killing the wives part. I hope they continue with these abstract things in future episodes

Also the art is amazing. It threw me off guard completely! That must've cost a lotta money....

Fua said:
That's one weird voice. Couldn't they've gotten a rougher voice for the main character?

I feel the same. In the beginning when he was threatening the first guy, I was like "wait a tic, which one is speaking?" xD

EDIT: oh no wonder I loved the new wife's voice. Its Nana Mizuki (i.e. AWESOME) xD

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Nov 10, 2009 7:09 PM

Feb 2009
What period is this story is taking place, everything is out of whack even the bandit harem it seems is collecting women from all over the world even got a loli but all he needed is a demon bitch.

Even though that story is kinda weird but at least less depressing than the previous one.
Nov 10, 2009 11:14 PM
Nov 2009
It would be interesting if that woman's name happened to be Sakura.
Nov 10, 2009 11:27 PM

May 2009
Thank god loli is spared.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2009 2:54 AM

Sep 2009
Well what the hell was the bubblegum and the headphones???...that was too unrealistic....its and olden days type setting , that too the bubble gum was pink....!!
Well the male character is highly unlikable , he looks macho and hes just plain wierd . thought this would be humour orientated but the killing surprised me , glad theres murder because only humour would just be plain bad...and the girl singing infront of the beheaded heads was disturbing....
What the hell is up with the talking boar??I guess the main dude witnessed someones muder under sakura tree...bascially someone whom he cared abt...
Bascially loved yozos story better though shouldnt be judging by the 1st part but Yozos story was realistic, I loved the 1st arc,but this one is sortof not likable....serioulsy the bubblegums bothering and most probably was that an ipod:P?????

NinaWolken said:
I literally loved this episode. Being a Nana-fan may play a part in my judgement.
Nana fan??!!! , a Josei, relating music carriers , love , completely sane non- killer characters ,involving good looking men like takumi and Ren who are not steroidish macho , in cities with cars and huge hotels...
So how does being a nana fan help to judge this anime, exactly how???.......sry if i sound mean, but your comment is puzzling....sry agn if u think i am trying to make fun of u...^__^
ValentilnNov 11, 2009 3:14 AM
Nov 11, 2009 5:09 AM

Jul 2009
Just as i think the 1st arc is weird enough....here come this arc....
At the beginning i thought it more directed to comedic style but as the new wife comes..the twisted story begins....
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 18, 2009

104 by JeremiahOrange »»
Feb 7, 12:59 AM

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2009

83 by hi777 »»
Jan 18, 3:25 AM

» Aoi Bungaku OST nowhere to be found.

sdziscool - Nov 28, 2013

11 by EmoDante »»
Dec 8, 2023 1:57 PM

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ginfizz - Dec 29, 2009

186 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 19, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 11 Discussion

Tiago97 - Oct 14, 2012

48 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 19, 2023 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.