Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Akame ga Kill! Episode 17 Discussion


Oct 26, 2014 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 197
The_Heat said:
For me, Chelsea’s death was one of the best (at least lately) death scene executions from directing stand point. The pacing, the feels, the acceptance, everything was on point for me. I was like "Soo when will the help arrive? I really liked her. She'll be alright, right?" And then they show the pole.

Was quite bittersweet. more plz


This, exactly this
___________________
www.belial.pt
 
Oct 26, 2014 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1262
WOW........


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2149
I hate Kurome for killing Chelsea!!! Ahhh that makes me sooo angry!!!
Chelsea was cool and strong, but 2 against 1 is unfair :/
And Chelsea's skills weren't made for combat... ;_;

 
Oct 26, 2014 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1150
Bols goes down, but so does Chelsea ... :/ Sucks but I'm glad at least Leone didn't die as well. Apparently with Lubba's help she can even get her arm back. I knew as soon as Chelsea had her flashback that the death flag was waving high, and that Kurome was about to stand back up and do some killing. I knew that the only one who'd get to kill Kurome was Akame ...

Nice flashback to Akame and Kurome's past as well. Now we know why Kurome's always eating her cookies and doesn't want to share with anyone, and how she became so deranged.

Wonder if we'll get another replacement for Chelsea or if the numbers are just going to keep getting whittled down from here ...
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 598
Damn that was one hell of an episode. Gonna miss Chelsea a lot.
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:18 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 6671
Bols' death ;___;

And omg,Chelsea's head ;___;

 
Oct 26, 2014 3:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 533
Feaor said:
Well that was pretty brutal even for AgK. Of course best girl has to die :(

Honestly I'm still not that moved by Bols simply because I think his character isn't well written, it just doesn't make sense for him to be incinerating villagers to death while also being a really nice guy, both sides are at completely opposite ends of the spectrum and feel extremely unrealistic.


Chelsea is best girl? Well that must say a lot about the rest of the female characters

She was meh at best and awful in the manga
Modified by TheGrandSage23, Oct 26, 2014 3:25 PM
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4061
They killed the best girl, I can already drop it.
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 925
Oh, something I'm curious about is Chelsea knowing a girl from a village that Bols burned down. I'm wondering if it was just a village that Chelsea happened to go by or if it was a village with people she knew.
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 318
and the Mine b.tch is still alive.I cant..
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 75
Man, as a manga reader I knew this was coming and it sill felt sad. Poor Bols-san.
Don't really care about Chelsea though. Never liked her.
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1150
What's wrong with Chelsea, anyway? Is she not enough of a violent tsundere bitch for you people? What's wrong with a nice girl every now and then? Plus she was the only one who really qualified as an 'assassin' ...
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1007
So Kurome made it back. Given that she (or her zombies) put Chelseas head there, she must have been quite lively again already.

At least they got Bols,, so kinda a fair trade..

And Tatsumi should be careful. Being invisible is nice and all, and the rain probably hides any scent, but if someone notices that the rain stops randomly in the air or that there is a rain shadow..

Or sees his footsteps in the water..they made a point of showing that.

Still better then not being invisible in the first place though..
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2147
R.I.P Bols. I guess we will never find out what he looks like without his mask.
Not Chelsea. So sad to see her go.
Kurome cannot be killed. Those drugs are powerful.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

 
Oct 26, 2014 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1098
Oh great.

Not only did my favorite character die for the sake of stupid ass Tatsumi (Bulat), but now my 2 remaining favorites died as well, and both in the same episode.

I liked quirky, good-natured tortured soul anti-hero persona of Bols. He was great. He loved helping others and he felt remorse for things he did in the past.

Chelsea on the other hand was a pure assassin. Different from those loud f**** running around flailing their swords and yelling while "assassinating".

I'll miss them both.
So who do I care for now? Honestly, I don't know. Tatsumi is generic protagonist, Akame is generic female mc, Esdeath is too crazy.

Guess my new favorite (or, most likeable among unlikeable) character is Wave.

He's the only one with some resemblance of a character and personality. Others are cliche stacked on a pile of cliche.
Not that I mind losing favorites (Game of thrones taught me a harsh lesson there) but this show is killing all non-generic characters and leaving all generic ones alive to duke it out for the grand prize of ...I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Oh well, only 7 more episode.
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 410
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAE IS DED!
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 209
What an intense episode :O
RIP Bols and Chelsea, the shortest lived Night Raid member, but one of my fav :( the feels.

 
Oct 26, 2014 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1989
Be strong....R.I.P. Chelsea
WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

 
Oct 26, 2014 4:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 325
That's what you get for killing Bols !

Now THAT was one of the most satisfying anime episode endings i've seen in a while :D
This reduced the amount of characters I care about at all to only one though...

Would love to see the sniper girl kick the bucket next xP
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 533
nina4life said:
Oh great.

Not only did my favorite character die for the sake of stupid ass Tatsumi (Bulat), but now my 2 remaining favorites died as well, and both in the same episode.

I liked quirky, good-natured tortured soul anti-hero persona of Bols. He was great. He loved helping others and he felt remorse for things he did in the past.

Chelsea on the other hand was a pure assassin. Different from those loud f**** running around flailing their swords and yelling while "assassinating".

I'll miss them both.
So who do I care for now? Honestly, I don't know. Tatsumi is generic protagonist, Akame is generic female mc, Esdeath is too crazy.

Guess my new favorite (or, most likeable among unlikeable) character is Wave.

He's the only one with some resemblance of a character and personality. Others are cliche stacked on a pile of cliche.
Not that I mind losing favorites (Game of thrones taught me a harsh lesson there) but this show is killing all non-generic characters and leaving all generic ones alive to duke it out for the grand prize of ...I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Oh well, only 7 more episode.


Tatsumi>>Chelsea

There was nothing to her... Her death had no impact.. And that's one of the problems with this series... Introducing new characters and killing them off quickly without doing anything worthwhile with them to be "edgy" is poor... Her character was barely shown.. Kill of characters when they should be
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 17182
Chelsea was very professional at her job, but Tatsumi-love was the death of her. All the Capital's drugs are so freakin' potent. Night Raid should get their hands on some of those.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 357
bastek66 said:
Feels like christmas 2012


Oh man...
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1098
TheGrandSage23 said:

Tatsumi>>Chelsea

There was nothing to her... Her death had no impact.. And that's one of the problems with this series... Introducing new characters and killing them off quickly without doing anything worthwhile with them to be "edgy" is poor... Her character was barely shown.. Kill of characters when they should be


Worst part? I agree with what you said about Chelsea. There wasn't that much going on for her. She was barely introduced and now she was killed off. Many anime shows do that, this one did it just as badly as other ones did.

And that makes me liking her all the worse. She was new, barely developed and yet even in that short time she was much more interesting than 90% of the cast.

Now, Tatsumi seems like a good lead, but he is sooooo generic. I don't mind generic, cliche characters too much. I mean, it's hard NOT to be generic in this day and age. But when someone comes and stands out as non-generic character in the sea of generic ones (Chelsea in this case), of course I'll like her.

That is why I prefer her over Tatsumi.

Why is Chelsea different from usual generic characters? She was tsundere and all towards Tatsumi. Blah blah blah.
Well, her fighting style. Or lack of one to be more precise. As I said, unlike 99% of anime characters (everyone in this show included) she was stealthy, quiet and did her job as an assassin. She didn't yell her moves, she didn't proclaim she's gonna kill hundreds, she didn't slaughter whole armies to get to her target.
No, she came in stealthy, killed her target, got out. Job done, she was never there.

It was a welcoming sight for my eyes.
Every other character, every single one in this show, has a flashy, over-the-top move that makes huge BANG (so to speak).
What did Chelsea have? Her brains and her transformation. Done.
Too bad she didn't have screen time to develop her into full fledged character. Because, after all, people love BANG.
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 659
AnimageNeby said:
Actually, it IS something special. In the vast majority of shounen and other anime genres - except some specific seinen - there are no or very few deaths. Even while they get stabbed through their hart, being chopped up, bleeding rivers of blood, getting crushed, etc. - almost nobody ever dies.


As special as it may be, killing off so many characters gets old for me really fast, and I'm rapidly becoming impervious to the "emotional" impact any of these deaths should be leaving on me. At this point I can only wonder who will be the next one to go, and it will basically have no significance to me whatsoever. Also, the only character I liked got killed off, so I'll just have to do with an entire cast I can't care for.

TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
and the Mine b.tch is still alive.I cant..


Rejoice, I'm quite sure she'll be around for a long time.
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 210
nina4life said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

Tatsumi>>Chelsea

There was nothing to her... Her death had no impact.. And that's one of the problems with this series... Introducing new characters and killing them off quickly without doing anything worthwhile with them to be "edgy" is poor... Her character was barely shown.. Kill of characters when they should be


Worst part? I agree with what you said about Chelsea. There wasn't that much going on for her. She was barely introduced and now she was killed off. Many anime shows do that, this one did it just as badly as other ones did.

And that makes me liking her all the worse. She was new, barely developed and yet even in that short time she was much more interesting than 90% of the cast.

Now, Tatsumi seems like a good lead, but he is sooooo generic. I don't mind generic, cliche characters too much. I mean, it's hard NOT to be generic in this day and age. But when someone comes and stands out as non-generic character in the sea of generic ones (Chelsea in this case), of course I'll like her.

That is why I prefer her over Tatsumi.

Why is Chelsea different from usual generic characters? She was tsundere and all towards Tatsumi. Blah blah blah.
Well, her fighting style. Or lack of one to be more precise. As I said, unlike 99% of anime characters (everyone in this show included) she was stealthy, quiet and did her job as an assassin. She didn't yell her moves, she didn't proclaim she's gonna kill hundreds, she didn't slaughter whole armies to get to her target.
No, she came in stealthy, killed her target, got out. Job done, she was never there.

It was a welcoming sight for my eyes.
Every other character, every single one in this show, has a flashy, over-the-top move that makes huge BANG (so to speak).
What did Chelsea have? Her brains and her transformation. Done.
Too bad she didn't have screen time to develop her into full fledged character. Because, after all, people love BANG.


I don't really think you can consider Chelsea to be a tsundere, or at least a full-fledged one. I mostly consider her indifferent to others but got developed subtlety due to Tatsumi. But as you said, she could have been developed more and even though the side manga AgK Zero is about her and akame only, she still could have been developed in the main anime/manga
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 480
I much preferred Chelsea over Mine... Sad days, the characters die off too quickly.
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 121
KaniowskiKun101 said:
bastek66 said:
Feels like christmas 2012


Oh man...

It's Christmas 2012 all over again~~
Time for the bullshit arc woot woot.
Never judge an anime by it's cover/genre/setting/hype.
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13
SD_CV said:
That's what you get for killing Bols !


I kinda wanted him to die. Someone who's supposed to be nice yet killing anything he's order to kill. He kinda deserved it. That's why I like Kurome and Esdeath since they don't play the nice card. He wasn't a bad character but something like that pisses me off especially when he has a loving family. He's somewhat of a hypocrite and he should be happy his family is protected by the Capital otherwise they would have been dead with the stuff he has done.

So far though I like NR a little bit more because it feels like they're actually following what they believe in. Well maybe not Tatsumi since I believe he would have followed which ever side got to him first. Esdeath is the best character though. She would have been the way she is now regardless if she joined the capital or not.
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 104
The end scene with Chelsea head gave me chills, I also really want to see what Bols face looks like now, I never really thought about it until they showed the flashback scene where he is scared that his scars would put the others off of their food.
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1828
Man the scene was even more impactful than reading the manga part with the inclusion of music. Series still never fails to be amusing and heartfelt.





 
Oct 26, 2014 4:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 61
Well this episode was sad...but only because of Bols. I knew he was going to die ((which I thought was going to be in that building leveling explosion he did...which apparently did absolutely nothing because of riot shields and fire resistance?)) but when he was walking away I had high hopes haha. Chelsea was...I don't even know...just bland. It was nice to see an assassin that had "assassiny" tactics but other than that can't say I ever liked her...or disliked her...and the fact that they made he death so obvious just took all the impact away. Glad to see they made Kurome a super op zombie kinda thing though because we really needed one of those.
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 842
Bols until he was an honest and humble person I pity him. :/
Chelsea was killed too... She was so talented and an artistic killer I pity her too. :(
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 22
I'm sad that Bols died, I really liked him.. I feel indifferent about Chelsea's death.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 331
The music made Chelsea's death even worse. I wasn't looking forward to seeing it animated after reading the manga, but they did do a good job with Bols and Chelsea's deaths.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 551
Nooooo i liked Chelsea :( I knew that Kurome wasn't dead but still... Overall great episode!


 
Oct 26, 2014 5:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 14
Man Chelsea's death was painful
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1370
I knew it was comming, but DAMN it was still quite brutal. Poor tatsumi. This wasn't the right life for him, hes already lost 4 friends. And no doubt hes gonna lose more.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 339
why Chelsea :'( she was my favourite....I loved her assassination skills and her imperial arms.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 896
Wow, I wonder how many Characters are going to be left standing at the end of this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 185
Nobody is fucking safe in this anime.. don't bother getting attached to any characters.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2270
TheGrandSage23 said:

There was nothing to her... Her death had no impact.. And that's one of the problems with this series... Introducing new characters and killing them off quickly without doing anything worthwhile with them to be "edgy" is poor... Her character was barely shown.. Kill of characters when they should be


People would always complain about something.. "oh not enough people die in this shounen", *author kills many characters*, "oh they kill people too fast", *face palm*

I mean what, are we even supposed to feel sad? cos that's not what I get while watching this anime. Ever since Shelle's death it has been painfully clear that the good guys are dying as war casualties. Sure it may feel sad for the rest of the characters but personally I have never thought that we're supposed to sympathize with their deaths but rather the author wanted to show that anyone can die at any given moment (cos you know, it's a fucking war and Akame made that clear with her stone cold charade after Shelle's death) and personally I find it rather refreshing & more realistic compared to the kill-shy nature of most shounen, even for most side characters.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3231
Seta19 said:
Nobody is fucking safe in this anime.. don't bother getting attached to any characters.


I don't really understand how people get this impression. Just look at Tatsumi or Akame. If those two are anything but safe and enveloped in plot armor as thick as Esdeath's tits than I don't know what who is.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1454
Lol people are so soft...
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 121
BeatzMe said:
Seta19 said:
Nobody is fucking safe in this anime.. don't bother getting attached to any characters.


I don't really understand how people get this impression. Just look at Tatsumi or Akame. If those two are anything but safe and enveloped in plot armor as thick as Esdeath's tits than I don't know what who is.

He probably meant other than Tatsumi, Akame and Esdeath, everyone else could die at anytime.
Of course you could just read the manga if you really want to see if that's true or not.
Never judge an anime by it's cover/genre/setting/hype.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 2963
No! Bols! :(
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4525
R.I.P Bols and Chelsea :(
 
Oct 26, 2014 6:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 115
Damn, this episode was too much I liked both of them too. :(
 
Oct 26, 2014 6:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 62
I liked it even if it was a really sad episode.. Well at least now we know that Akame Ga Kill does not mess around and that's part of the reason why this show is so amazing. You never know what's going to happen next.

I'm pretty sure that this show is going to be even darker later on.. I really can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
 
Oct 26, 2014 6:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 120
And they had to fcking kill off my favourite character again... -_- sigh... And chelsea was the one who was keeping the story interesting..and they just had to remove her from the story don't they??....."Depressed Mode" lol.


^ why doesn't this update??
 
Oct 26, 2014 6:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 210
God dammit...
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

 
Top
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »