Forum Settings
Forums
House of the Sun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2014 12:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh she better keep that promise to heart. Birthdays are important.
Oct 24, 2014 1:18 AM

Oct 2009
I wonder if Hiro will understand something when he will read the novel from the start.
Oct 24, 2014 5:33 AM
Mar 2010
I'm quite excited if Hiro will find out that Mao wrote the novel if he starts reading from th begging.
PS. About the mother what is up with finding a good man didn't you already have one and broke his heart I really feel sorry for the dad she is pretty much consited assuming that her daughter would choose her hahahaha maybe she thought that she is not happy with her new family serves her right.
Oct 24, 2014 5:45 AM

Jan 2011
Sugimoto/Radical-san finally told Hiro that she's not the author of the web novel! Hopefully Hiro will eventually realise that it is actually Mao~ They're so close to getting back on good terms, I just know it. I felt really bad for Mao's mother though. She has been thinking about Mao the whole time and just wants to be with her again but Mao is perfectly satisfied with her current life with her new family.
Oct 24, 2014 1:36 PM
Apr 2014
-I miss you, Hiro.

Oh my gosh Mao why you so damn adorable shoujo heroines are not supposed to be like this.
Glad to see her make up her mind and that shes staying and not leaving.
Also glad to see Radical confess about that lie.
Oct 25, 2014 4:33 AM

Feb 2007
That was an interesting way of doing it. She really didn't tell him who Kuukai really was, but still managed to give him somewhat of a hint. Nice job. :D
Oct 25, 2014 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
I LOVE YOU, MAO <3

Oct 28, 2014 6:20 PM

Jan 2009
1. Well, we all saw the kind of decision mao will make from ch46 where stepmom gave advice to mao.

2. Was hoping that mao's mom would go yandere style once she hears mao turn her down

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Oct 28, 2014 8:47 PM

Feb 2014
billybob300c said:
1. Well, we all saw the kind of decision mao will make from ch46 where stepmom gave advice to mao.

2. Was hoping that mao's mom would go yandere style once she hears mao turn her down

7/10

2. No, i was hoping she kill herself afterward. Really, that damn woman has such nerve to disturb one happy family like that on a whim. And you don't know how mad i am when she said she should find herself a good man. DAMN BASTARD, YOU HAD A GOOD MAN BUT YOU TOOK YOUR TRASH EX-BOYFRIEND TO YOUR BED!!!!
Look, even now she don't have any of that regret attitude which make me madder to her, like what she did were something natural. She can die all she want, really.
Mao's step-mom really the best, don't disturb them any longer bit*h woman!!
Nov 1, 2014 3:48 PM

Oct 2011
I'm so glad. A lot of things were settled. :)
If mao went with her mother, it would just create some unnecessary drama. That wouldn't be any good.
Nov 4, 2014 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
whoo, was stoked to see an update.

still don't care for Mao's real mom, she doesn't get any sympathy points from me.
Nov 11, 2014 2:17 PM

Dec 2012
I'm glad Mao's happy ;_;
Jul 29, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2012
Novel part reminds me of utaha.

Well obv decision, but was surprised that her real mom isn't actually a bitch. Interesting.

Thought she'd start going crazy and get into a cat fight with her
Aug 27, 2015 11:18 PM

May 2014
"I miss you, Hiro"
"Stupid Mao. Why now of all times?"
Omg. That blushing face.. Ahhhh, Hiro! <3
Jan 30, 2018 12:50 PM

May 2015
God a little teary-eyed when she turned her mom down. Honestly, if I were her I don't even know if I could trust the mom. I'm glad she got her closure, and I hope they stay in touch.

Now, regarding the romance, OMG, YOU GUYS, I'M FREAKING OUT!!!
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 27, 2019 12:00 AM

Nov 2014
What great move by Radical-san, i really glad to see she and Mao getting friendly between each other again, and even want to celebrate Maa-kun birthday together XD. Finally she also tells the truth to Hiro about Sorami.

The way Mao turned down her mom offer to live together is really deep i think, so much feeling put throught it, glad both of them leave happily and moving toward each own happiness.

Can't wait for Hiro to get the truth who Sorami is.
Nov 27, 2019 2:54 AM

Apr 2016
"Don't tell me... while I haven't been in touch with Hiro, he and Radical-san have been getting really close?" - Mao, how could you doubt Hiro? It's like you aren't even paying attention anymore.

Darn it Mao, stop meeting this snake.

"I can't go and live with you, mom." - THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Jeez, why did it have to take this long? This should've been the first thing out of your mouth when you were asked in the first place.

"I'm sorry" - stop feeling sorry for other people's actions, Mao.

"Mao, you've grown up" - stop acting like you're the mature one here.

"See you again" - see you never, please.

May 2, 2021 1:25 AM

Feb 2019
My opinion of Mao's birth mother increased just a tad bit. She totally understood that Mao didn't want to come with her, and she was happy even with that decision. She's done a lot of wrong things, and she still has quite some things she needs to improve (like her attitude, she hasn't properly apologised for what she did), but what is clear is that deep down she's still a mother. She left Mao for 10 years, that's true, and that's wrong. But deep within her there's still a part of her that cares about Mao, and I think she's reflecting in her own way. But I'm really glad that her mother decided to accept Mao's decision and is hoping for her happiness. Maybe one day, when her mother has become a better person, looked back on her life, and become happy in her own right and understand everything that she did wrong, on that day they can finally fully reconcile, including with her ex-husband.

But Mao's step-mom though. She really is the best. Glad that Mao's dad married such an awesome woman.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taiyou no Ie Chapter 30 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

10 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:20 PM

Poll: » Taiyou no Ie Chapter 46 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2014

13 by Anata_no_kotei »»
Aug 5, 2023 2:51 AM

Poll: » Taiyou no Ie Chapter 45 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2014

20 by Anata_no_kotei »»
Aug 4, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Taiyou no Ie Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

15 by Anata_no_kotei »»
Jul 30, 2023 5:43 AM

Poll: » Taiyou no Ie Chapter 15 Discussion

Mauru23 - Sep 30, 2012

26 by Anata_no_kotei »»
Jul 25, 2023 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.