New
Nov 4, 2009 6:49 PM

Feb 2009
Just so you can add more to your anime list? Be honest

I kinda rushed some cough gin couch tama
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 4, 2009 6:52 PM

Jun 2008
Not really just so I can put it on my list, I usually rush through anime so I can watch another. For example right now I'm "watching" G Gundam, Gundam Wing, and Zeta Gundam. I'm "rushing" through Zeta Gundam in order to allot more time to the others, since watching them all at the same pace would take FOREVER.
I'm back.
Nov 4, 2009 6:55 PM

Feb 2009
Sick_Bastard said:
Not really just so I can put it on my list, I usually rush through anime so I can watch another. For example right now I'm "watching" G Gundam, Gundam Wing, and Zeta Gundam. I'm "rushing" through Zeta Gundam in order to allot more time to the others, since watching them all at the same pace would take FOREVER.

I see your point on the Gundam aspect. I watched the movie trilogy of gundam instead of the original series so that I could fasten my Gundam story point and reach Zeta Gundam. What I really wanted was to reach tthe infamous Char's Counterattack and F91, but I'm a completsit, I wanna have the background covered ^^ but it seems it will take a while cos Gundam ZZ isn't as engaging so it will take a while to finish those series, knowing I have so much more interesting 80's series waiting on my Hard Drive and DVD's
Nov 4, 2009 7:05 PM

Apr 2009
hell no, how is that even enjoying anime..thats just sad.

i watch it for entertainment..lmfao
Nov 4, 2009 7:07 PM

Jun 2009
I mean there are days that I watch like fifteen episodes over the summer. But I don't do it to fill my list, I just enjoy watching them or get tied in the plot. So I guess the answer is no...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Nov 4, 2009 7:10 PM

May 2009
I'm "rushing" Naruto, else I don't think I'd ever get through all of the episodes... It's mostly fast forwarding whenever they have recap/boring history of characters or flash bacsk to previous scenes. So yes, like 20% of the show.
Nov 4, 2009 8:01 PM

Apr 2008
The goal should not be to add more anime to your list, that totally defeats the purpose.

The only time I ever rush is when I am near the end of a long series and it starts to suck. Then I will push through the last few episodes rather than dropping it.
Nov 4, 2009 8:02 PM

Aug 2008
If you're just completing them just to add them to your list, it shows how much free time you have.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Nov 4, 2009 8:03 PM

Mar 2009
Not to add more, but simply because I enjoy watching series in larger chunks. If a series is more than 26 episodes, I'm likely to break it up into groups of 26 or so (unless seasons actually exist in which case I can just use those), but it's usually do I can enjoy the whole thing at once. Doesn't always work out though ;)
Nov 4, 2009 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Nah not really.
I am trying to digest everything properly when I watch anime.
Or else it will be all meaningless to watch it >.<
Nov 4, 2009 8:24 PM

Jan 2009
I kind of rushed through a One Piece marathon when I first started watching the series since there was a lot of episodes to watch before I would catch up. However, I was only skipping the first couple minutes, usually about 5, at the beginning of each episode because they always show what happened in the last episode.
Nov 4, 2009 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
No, I don't. If I wanted to bloat out my list I'd add everything I've ever seen, not just things in my collection. Including all the random OVAs, shorts, specials, .5 episodes etc that I often don't bother putting on my list (though I have some). I also like to enjoy everything I watch, so I make sure to watch it all properly (and marathons are fine, as long as you're not skipping parts).
Nov 4, 2009 8:38 PM

Apr 2007
Well, it's been over a year and a half since I started Monster and I've only managed to watch 26 episodes.
You tell me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2009 8:38 PM
Aug 2009
I "marathon" anime most of the time because I usually get hooked from episode 1 but I'm not rushing it.
Nov 4, 2009 8:54 PM

Feb 2009
GeneralZaroff said:
I "marathon" anime most of the time because I usually get hooked from episode 1 but I'm not rushing it.

SAME! you end up watching the whole series in like, 2 nights. Then you get to watch more :)
Nov 4, 2009 9:10 PM

Feb 2009
Clockwork said:
GeneralZaroff said:

SAME! you end up watching the whole series in like, 2 nights. Then you get to watch more :)

You know... that shit happened to me with cowboy bebop, ONE FRIGGIN SEATING, it was my holyday. It was already night when I started the Mad Pierrot hahaha

brrrr, it's starting to get cold in here..
Nov 4, 2009 9:29 PM

Aug 2009
Ya, I 'm in the habit of marathon viewing.

Provided I'm free and have nth special to do irl, I rush some of the series cuz i'm so absorbed in the plot. Else for some of the show, I just wana finish them fast so that I can go on with other shows.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 4, 2009 9:35 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah, I rush my anime viewing but not for the list, but the whole plot and events just got interesting.
Also I like to get it done so I can watch my other anime.
Nov 4, 2009 9:52 PM

Mar 2009
No. I watch as many as I can when I'm free but I don't rush.
Nov 4, 2009 10:04 PM
Aug 2009
owning a 5-disc and 6-disc dvd player tends to make light work when you watch a 10-12 disc series..

in regards to watching any gundam series 1hit works for me...

when on dvd i watch a series in 8-12 hour sit..

some series you can watch 1 ep at a time though most series regardless of ep size i watch in 1 hit where possible...

i don't call watching a series in 1 hit rushing either, the quicker i watch a title the quicker i can move on to the next title..
takfuji200Nov 4, 2009 10:08 PM
Nov 4, 2009 10:13 PM

May 2008
The community aspect does seem to affect me just a little bit.
That hasn't stopped me from having a massive watched list though.
If I'm tired of watching it, I stop watching it for the most part.

My watching and on-hold list wouldn't be so massive if I forced myself to finish things very strongly all the time.
I mean I do kind of have to push myself out the door to watch something from time to time, but I don't think I ever stress myself all that hard to watch something.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 5, 2009 12:51 AM

Feb 2008
No, I don't care about the size of my list. Most often I take forever to finish series.
Nov 5, 2009 3:24 AM

Mar 2009
Neverender said:
Well, it's been over a year and a half since I started Monster and I've only managed to watch 26 episodes.
You tell me.

I've started Monster during vacation and couldn't stop watching. I took my laptop outside and watched episode after episode while still having fresh air for my brains to function properly. I'm sure if you start the series again you'll be the same. It get increasingly interesting further on in the series.

As for me on the 'rushing' topic...I'm not sure what you exactly mean by rushing, but if it is like skipping parts, I don't do that unless it's a plain recap (some recaps I do find interesting to watch though). If it means watching in an oblivious state so you don't know what happened in the episode you just saw, then I could say that sometimes does happen. But when it does I often enough rewatch that episode, so I usually don't really miss a thing.
Nov 5, 2009 3:34 AM

Dec 2007
How do you rush through a series? Skip episodes?

One thing I do with very long series that recycle scenes is to skip through that scene (because I usually don't watch onky one or two episodes a week), but that's just because it's boring to keep watching transformation scenes that take almost 3 minutes of my life. I also skip reminiscences about other episodes this way, so I just get to the new parts of the episode, usually because I still remember what they almost forgot.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 5, 2009 3:36 AM

Jul 2008
I watch a lot of stuff on 2x speed.

Damn, anime dialogue is shit.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Nov 5, 2009 3:38 AM

May 2009
rebekah said:

True. True. I tend to forget a lot of details; rushing would only aggravate this tendency of mine and will not enhance my enjoyment. If I don't enjoy my anime, I tend to walk away.
Nov 5, 2009 3:44 AM

Mar 2009
TsukikageRan said:
rebekah said:

True. True. I tend to forget a lot of details; rushing would only aggravate this tendency of mine and will not enhance my enjoyment. If I don't enjoy my anime, I tend to walk away.

Yeah, when something isn't enjoyable and is not showing signs of betterment best thing to do is abandoning. Unless you read somewhere it did get better after all. A lot of thing aren't even on my list because I abandoned them very early on.
Nov 5, 2009 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
I do sometimes. But rushing isn't always the way I would put it. some series I kinda like and am just kinda trying to get through to watch something else. hoping it will pick up. On the other hand I may watch a bunch of a series at once simply because I love it so much I am addicted to it like a drug.
Nov 5, 2009 3:47 AM

Apr 2009
I move through a series quickly if I like it. Otherwise no.
Nov 5, 2009 3:52 AM

Jul 2009
Not really, i'm taking my time to finish some series..
Nov 5, 2009 4:25 AM

Jun 2009
I've gotten to the point where I rarely skip OP's or ED's, unless they really suck. And, I absolutely refuse to skip episodes. Hell, I won't even skip most recap episodes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 5, 2009 5:03 AM

May 2009
I never fast forward or skip scenes. I usually watch the opening and almost never skip the ending, previews and "previously on", even recap episodes. And considering I have about 20 anime on my Watching List, I don't have time to marathon a completed series - except for on weekends, though I still don't watch more than 10 episodes.
Nov 5, 2009 5:04 AM
Sep 2009
Why rush? Anime is meant to be enjoyed. Although I have to say that I skip the OP/ED if I don't like it. But apart from that I watch pretty much everything I can get hold of from a series.
Nov 5, 2009 5:04 AM

Oct 2008
Neverender said:
You tell me.
fuck man slow down, you're going to kill someone

oh right, and no I only watch stuff fast if I get the urge to do so. Nowadays I'm finding most series aren't exciting enough to drag me in, so I'm slooowly getting through my collection.
oh and yeah, i agree with the above. rushing for the sake of something other than MAXIMUM enjoyment is pretty silly. It's like considering anime to be a chore (wtflolwtf)
simo000Nov 5, 2009 5:08 AM
Nov 5, 2009 5:30 AM

Jun 2008
I kinda do rush it but without letting the quality of the anime suffer from it. I never skip endings and openings for instance unless I can't stand them.
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Nov 5, 2009 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
Only if i'm really behind on a series and I want to discuss it.
Nov 5, 2009 6:28 AM

Jun 2008
Veronin said:
No, I don't care about the size of my list. Most often I take forever to finish series.
And then I get behind to the airing shows and half of them go 'on hold', so nope.
Nov 5, 2009 6:56 AM

Apr 2009
Shame on you
Nov 5, 2009 8:26 AM

Jul 2008
not rush! that's sad... anime is to be enjoyed... x.x
Nov 5, 2009 8:27 AM

Oct 2008
Only if I've started a show, and really think it sucks and just want it to be over so I can move on to other anime.
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Nov 5, 2009 8:49 AM

Oct 2009
sometimes i feel like i should watch more but im happy to savour anime. unless its a series that im watching and not really liking. Then il rush through it.
Nov 5, 2009 8:56 AM

Feb 2008
rebekah said:

Well said.
[fancy signature here]
Nov 5, 2009 10:27 AM

Jun 2009
if it's an anime i don't like, i'm not going to even bother watching it. no point in rushing through something i don't even want to watch :3
Nov 5, 2009 11:18 AM

Jun 2009
No, i don't rush anime. I take breaks and do something else irl when i feel like it, even if im in the middle of a episode. I watch at whatever pace i'm comfortable with. Its entertainment, its supposed to be fun.
Nov 5, 2009 11:28 AM

Oct 2008
No unless the anime is really boring which I usually stop and drop it. Then, I move one of the on-hold to my current watching list. I doubt that counts as rushing..
Nov 5, 2009 11:29 AM

Aug 2009
not really for my anime list.. I just want to know what will happen, what the story will be like.
Nov 5, 2009 11:31 AM

Oct 2009
When you say "rush" I'm going to assume that you mean the same as skimming over a book. The only anime I did that with (recently) was the 1st Naruto series.

I started the first Naruto before Shippuuden, but stopped at episode 20-ish. I then started watching Shippuuden and I got up to like episode 90 and they started talking about stuff in the first season. I was like "whoa", so I had to go back and finish watching all 214 episodes of Naruto (skipping most of the fillers and boring talking episodes.)
Nov 5, 2009 11:44 AM

Aug 2009
I do not rush any of the anime I watch. (If you mean rush by fastforwarding through episodes).I have a sister who does that shit when watching tv shows,it pisses me off because I have bought her a season or two of a tv show on dvd for her birthday or Christmas. If you are going to do that why not just read the plot synopsis on wikipedia or this site instead of wasting time downloading(this has the possible risk being sued) or money buying episodes or dvds or both money and time on recordable dvds and downloading? If I download or buy something then I am watching every minute of that movie or show. If I do not like it then I will not watch it.
ezikialrageNov 5, 2009 11:47 AM
Nov 5, 2009 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
I watch when I'm bored. I don't watch when I don't feel like it. I'm not rushing my anime viewing ANYMORE, but I used to before, when I was new in MAL, lol.
Nov 5, 2009 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
I miss read the question so yeah lol.

Over the past summer i did watch a lot of anime and really quickly. But i never did it to add to my list and i was powering through them because i had nothing better to do. I am really upset at the fact that i went through so many series so fast.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

72 by MadanielFL »»
6 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

40 by Kruszer »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by AzafuseKingTora »»
9 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

52 by Lucifrost »»
10 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

49 by Ratris_Decision »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.