Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 11, 2014 8:59 PM

Sep 2014
fst said:
There wasn't any politics this episode. There wasn't even any "black heart glasses" shit. He literally walked in, asked the guy for help, and he just straight up agreed with no questions asked.

no politics might have been the first episode anyway didn't he say something like that he died and it changed him since the last time they met I think that's why he just agreed so suddenly might be wrong tho:P
Oct 11, 2014 9:01 PM

Jan 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
LonelyWizard said:
Just compared to first season...Otherwise its not that bad

But that is sort of the point. If you go back to the first season you will find plenty of frames that are as equally as bad as this season. Animation quality has never been Log Horizon's strength (good story is). This is typical for an NHK animation, you won't get good or bad, you will just get average.

From my personal viewpoint, I think Deen has a far richer palette than last season. That is their strength, their weakness is certain character shots.
Still too early i guess...Only 2 episodes and the only frames we saw some characters were deformed so some of us assume it is standard...but maybe it will get better....
Oct 11, 2014 9:03 PM
Oct 2012
fst said:
There wasn't any politics this episode. There wasn't even any "black heart glasses" shit. He literally walked in, asked the guy for help, and he just straight up agreed with no questions asked.

True, the reason why William agreed to help Shiroe was because William understood that he was wrong when he walked out of the Round Table meeting (indeed the reason why he was in Hokkaido was because he thought his staying would undermine the Round Table). He accepted because he did not want to betray Shiroe a second time. The animation touched on it (William telling Democracy san that he couldn't beat Shiroe), but it was covered better in the novel.
Oct 11, 2014 9:03 PM

Mar 2013
Volume 6 and 7 both don't have a whole lot of politics and volume 9 sure as hell doesn't have any politics. So if that's why you're here, prepare for disappointment.
Oct 11, 2014 10:28 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: I've cleaned some unnecessary back and forth that started to attack other posters rather than clarifying or refuting interpretations of events in the show or simply discussing the quality of the animation. Please avoid anything that could be interpreted as a personal attack.

Also reveals of major plot points or information about characters must be spoiler-tagged if it counts as an LN/manga spoiler. I've tagged or removed several references to one in particular in this episode discussion.
rodacOct 11, 2014 10:47 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 11, 2014 10:28 PM

Jan 2014
This series is just going to torture me with that countdown to Christmas.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 11, 2014 10:31 PM

Sep 2013
Was a nice episode and the final boss rade is finally here

Tetora and Demiqas arrive, in which one being happy/one being pissed off.

Akatsuki's mission is to protect the princess and it seems a new character possibly part of the southern spies will be later revealed soon

Cant wait for next episode!

Oct 11, 2014 11:38 PM

Dec 2013
Yep,i don't like the art style in this :/ Marielle looks like an entirely different character.

Ugh, that pop star girl is really annoying, i hope she doesn't get much screen time

I didn't noticed that Regan was such a perv lol

Other than that, the part with Shiroe was funny, and this was a good episode
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 11, 2014 11:44 PM

Aug 2012
Fucking Deen, what have you done with the Princess?!
Oct 12, 2014 12:53 AM

Jun 2014
LOL! I love how Shiroe enjoys messing with Demi!

Getting a really bad vibe from Tetra and I love the cute conversation that Nao has with Marie!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 12, 2014 1:37 AM

Apr 2012
Demikas is such a nuisance.
Oct 12, 2014 1:39 AM

Apr 2010
Naotsugu seems quite the player and yes I've seen the spoilers heh heh
Oct 12, 2014 3:18 AM

Feb 2013
Regan is hilarious, but I am getting some strong vibes that he's really a sociopathic villain. It's kind of cool that someone as important to the game lore as the Sage of Miral Lake is following Shirou and company around though; I hope we see a lot more of him. :)
Oct 12, 2014 4:54 AM

Dec 2011
That was a content filled episode. Cannot wait to see the end of this raid and what kind of loot they will get.

And Tetra sounds familiar... I knew it, she voice Milliana of FT. Hahaha. She is so fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2014 4:58 AM

Jul 2014
I get the feeling that this raid will fail miserably.
Oct 12, 2014 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
Hyped for the next ep.

In general,I like the art less,though I like Soujiro more,at least,based on the intro to the first ep. And I wonder how will the raid go...probably not very well.
Oct 12, 2014 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
Naotsugu x Marielle!!! Really liking this and we didn't have nearly as many Shiroe-glass-push-ups as the last episode :(

Demi-whats-it needs a cooling down though
Oct 12, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

The truth is that I did not like the way this episodio.In this S2 there is something wrong, it was much more intriguing the previous season.
Shiro seems to have lost a little polish.
Mah! Perhaps it is the director or the script does not like, such as the fact of being confused about some events, due to the fact you may have missed some steps. For example, how is that now Marie and Nao are so intimate?
Another point that I do not like is that it has lost time in the first part, it's fun, but almost denotes a lack of ideas.
Drawing really bad, I preferred the old Character Design.
But I like the ending as that of the first season. LOL
Oct 12, 2014 8:33 AM

Mar 2013
7theSilentOne said:

But they've got Lelouche in glasses Shiroe as strategist plus one of the most powerful battle guilds in the server. What could possibly go wrong?
Oct 12, 2014 9:12 AM

Jan 2014
Blind_Guardian said:
Boy, do I ever hate Akatsuki. At least she's separated from the party for awhile so her parts are easy to skip. She's nothing but a tiny bundle of character tropes that I despise. Stupid flat-chested little bitch.

Tetra is entertaining, lol. The fact that apparently she's a
only makes me like her even more ;)

Looks like there's some inter-raid tension between Demikas and Shiroe. I predict trouble's coming once they get into the raid dungeon intself.

Awww, Naotsugu and Marielle. So glad the two of them look to be a ship together. I hope Akatsuki dies young and alone, knowing that Naotsugu found love and she didn't >:)

my thoughts exactly hahaha
Recommend me an anime
Oct 12, 2014 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
Who waits next week, dammit?

Pretty good build up episode, next one we will probably get some epic moments and fights.

I'm rather curious how/when did Naotsugu and Marielle get so intimate with each other.
Oct 12, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2012
Marielle! why your so lovely.. looking forward to this boss.. Demitsun gonna backstab Shiroe, but Shiroe have side mirror so GL..

Oct 12, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2013
Got spoiled but Tetra is love
Oct 12, 2014 11:51 AM

Dec 2011
I expected demi-demi (or was it miso soup?) to be planning to attack Shiroe from the start. Why did they bring him along of all people?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 12, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
terrablu2003 said:

Mah! Perhaps it is the director or the script does not like, such as the fact of being confused about some events, due to the fact you may have missed some steps. For example, how is that now Marie and Nao are so intimate?

Uuuh.. Naotsugu and Marielle had been hinted since a long time ago and there's a bit of time skip between seasons. Are you sure you even watched s1?
Oct 12, 2014 4:31 PM

Feb 2014
The episode was good, but why the animation suck so much, episode 1 & 2?? Is there anyone know about it?? Sorry if i asking something that already been answered, though
Oct 12, 2014 5:12 PM

Jan 2013
Decent episode. Needs more strategy boss fights and pvp fights.
Oct 12, 2014 5:52 PM

Aug 2014
fst said:
7theSilentOne said:

But they've got Lelouche in glasses Shiroe as strategist plus one of the most powerful battle guilds in the server. What could possibly go wrong?

A lot of things.
Almost every single things can goes wrong.
Oct 12, 2014 5:59 PM

Mar 2013
Ruise said:
fst said:

A lot of things.

Name one.

Although I guess it's kinda moot since even top guilds are expected to wipe out several times before they learn enough to fine tune their strategy to the point where they can actually defeat the raid boss.
Oct 12, 2014 7:15 PM

Jun 2011
xchee said:

Regan's definitely learning well from Naotsugu

Couldn't have agreed more, the two of them were pretty amusing to watch.

And I think I'm most excited about the Naotsugu-Marielle scene, it was so adorable, seeing such quiet and endearing sides to them.

So much suspense at the end, although I'm sure Shiroe will handle it as smoothly as he always does. Looking forward to the next episode!

Oct 12, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2014
fst said:
Ruise said:

A lot of things.

Name one.

Although I guess it's kinda moot since even top guilds are expected to wipe out several times before they learn enough to fine tune their strategy to the point where they can actually defeat the raid boss.

I can name it.
But... are you sure?
It definitely will turn into spoiler if I said it .-.

Well,
the most easiest and not so spoiler-ish is...
(pointing at Demikas)
He drag Shiroe away from battle area (episode 1) ^^;

Or play some guessing game with opening scene (the major spoiler of all place -_-)
RuiseOct 12, 2014 7:49 PM
Oct 12, 2014 7:51 PM

Mar 2013
Don't worry about me I'm caught up on the novels.
Oct 12, 2014 9:47 PM

Apr 2012
Shiroe and how he mock Demikas lol

a new cute character Tetora :3

Full Raid begins :D

Oct 12, 2014 11:22 PM

Jul 2013
Flashoftheback said:
The episode was good, but why the animation suck so much, episode 1 & 2?? Is there anyone know about it?? Sorry if i asking something that already been answered, though

i don't find any problem with the animation though. DEEN is doing a great job on keeping up the animation constitency.
Oct 13, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2014

Then is she/he really a wannabe-she in the real word? For those LN readers, was it revealed already that he's literally a she? Or is he just fond of using a female char in mmos he played.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Oct 13, 2014 12:39 AM

Jul 2013
sinner08910 said:

Spoiler that shit.
Oct 13, 2014 4:41 AM

Apr 2011
I want more Akatsuki ;_;
Oct 13, 2014 9:04 AM

Oct 2009
Tetra is great! Her voice makes her pretty fun :D

So is Marie x Naotsugu a real thing now??? When did that happen o.o

Also the Princess looks weird? Is it her eyes? :/
Oct 13, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
Marielle and Naotsugu developing well. I wouldn't entirely "ship" them yet, but it's fun watching a bunch of adults act like sappy teenagers for no reason.

The animation disappointed itself again.... seriously, the Princess looks like she has a lazy-eye issue, what happened to the beautiful bishoujo of Season 1? And why the heck after one season of running around like a tomboy without a care does she have to be trapped in a palace like the damsel in distress? I feel like we're totally wasting her character here.

Naotsugu and Regan are seriously the best comedy duo that side of the Database XD
I'm loving their chemistry!

Nice to see Demi-glace again. It's a shame he's gonna mess up the raid somehow and cause Shiro to "die". Though if I'm to be perfectly honest, I'm more interested in how Akastuki dies on her side, given if she fails her mission, the Princess may also kick the bucket (and since she's an NPC, that means perma-death, right?).

Next Episode Please!
And fix the animation a bit at least!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 13, 2014 11:25 AM

Feb 2014
Asada-san said:
Flashoftheback said:

i don't find any problem with the animation though. DEEN is doing a great job on keeping up the animation constitency.

Well, if you mean being consistently bad, that is.
FlashofthebackOct 14, 2014 4:11 PM
Oct 13, 2014 3:43 PM

Jun 2007
It is depressing when you can identify...certain things instantly.
Oct 13, 2014 8:41 PM

Jul 2012
New girl seems like she'd be annoying to most people, but surprisingly, I like her character haha.
I wonder what we'll see beyond that door.
Oct 14, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2010
Database !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yup this bring back some good old mmo memories. The good old Luring days.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 14, 2014 4:00 PM

Sep 2013
Oct 15, 2014 9:16 AM
Jun 2014
sinner08910 said:

Yes.

I think most MMO veterans know how to know which one real which one is not. And its not that uncommon though. Akatsuki was actualy one of them. There are more of them and will be hinted on EP 3-4 on how Roderik save the day.
Oct 15, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
That's why I love Shiroe :D
His badass attitude!

Needs more Akatsuki though.
New girl is annoying, but funny.
I feel like her attitude is too try-hard, maybe she is a trap. That would be a nice plot twist
Oct 15, 2014 4:47 PM
Jan 2014
I was really hoping I could look past the new animation, but the facial expressions are killing me. Shiroe specifically is the worst; his expressions this episode were horrible to say the least. I feel like DEEN has no idea how to draw Shiroe in general.

Also, princess Rayneshia now looks to be ~11 years old for some reason. Does anyone know her actual age in the LN? This completely changes how I view her and Krusty's interactions.

FWIW, I really enjoyed the first season and Shiroe's expressions were a big part of that. It also seems like the animation this episode overall had a ton of quality issues, though not quite on the level of Rail Wars!

This is going to be a long 25 episodes since my OCD won't let me drop shows.
BracketOct 15, 2014 4:52 PM
Oct 15, 2014 6:09 PM

Sep 2007
Ugh, they should've kept the same studio and not give it to DEEN.
Oct 15, 2014 9:56 PM
Oct 2014
So one of Crusty / Rusty member plays an important role in season 2?
According to LN Tetra is too assertive to become a girl .
TyrelOct 18, 2014 9:17 PM
Oct 16, 2014 5:39 AM

Oct 2013
Good start.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.