Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2014 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
William Massachusetts? I'm going to have to get used to that name. No seriously though, this guy is quite something as part of the Silver Sword Guild.

Demiqas also shows up this episode and heh, he looks pissed. Tetora was amusing to watch. That voice is a bit...eh goofy though. But anyways, a fun build up for the first half. Naotsugu has his hands full quite a bit this episode though LOL

Oct 11, 2014 1:53 AM

Nov 2007
Talk with Nakamura-san's character, whose guild lacks members. He only died once, so there's no idea about another theory about being dead? One of the members has grudge on the main guy.

New idol girl appearance. Her personality is annoying. So guys like someone like her?

4 parties with the main guy in 2nd party. That guy who has grudge is not letting the main guy doing things.

So Assassin girl's job is to protect the princess, and learn to get good term with her. She also wants to get equipments to get stronger, but too expensive.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 11, 2014 5:03 AM

Dec 2013
Lol! I loved that ep!
NAotsugu and that other agreeing about panties and other stuff and the Akatsuki curse! XD
Also love how that new chick crawls around naotsugu! XD
Oct 11, 2014 5:28 AM

May 2012
Marie x Naotsugu <3
Oct 11, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty much a hilarious comedy ep XD But the end had some heavier vibes. Shit is gonna be getting real it seems.

Shiroe's talk with William was nice. Liking the guy a lot :3

Regan and Naotsugu's interactions were hilarious XD They're already bros now XD

Tetra was so lol her quirks are cute hehe ^^ And Regan saying she farted was so lol

Shiroe's smirk when he heard Democracy-san's love story was hilarious XD

Marie's conversation with Naotsugu was cute :3 And poor Akatsuki all alone :(
Oct 11, 2014 5:36 AM
Jan 2014
I still wonder what they want to use the 80.000.000.000.000 gold for.
Cause the most extreme inflation of all time and crush the economic system of the southern regions? That would be hilarious, but how does it help them? lol

nice episode, not as good as ep1 though. New girl is a pain.
Oct 11, 2014 5:40 AM

Mar 2010
really want to see demi's wife lol. Nice episode, enjoyed it.
Oct 11, 2014 5:48 AM

Mar 2012
DeimGlass is such as Tsundre LLLLLOOOOOLLLLLLLL i hope i get to see his wife soon hehe.

So i guess Natusugu and Marie are the first pair in the series to become offical well thats one down at least.

Oh man Tetra everyone's Favorite Galaxy Idol tsk tsk There is more to her than meats the eye ( LN Reader will know why, dont spoil) :P

Finally A full effing Raid Battle I cant wait to see it next week oh Log Horizon why must you torture me.

Akatskui Still the loner as ever, Dont think the action is all in the north, Akihabara will have its fare of danger showing up soon.
Oct 11, 2014 5:59 AM

Jan 2014
Those Tetora, Regan & Naotsugu moments were very funny. I'm guessing we'll get more of her on the future episodes since she is a main character.

Demi being tsundere-ish about his wife. (y)
However, that end though. :/

Mari x Naotsugu!
NakatoshiOct 11, 2014 6:02 AM
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Oct 11, 2014 6:00 AM

Feb 2013
mari x naotsugu ftw! theyre so in love:3
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 11, 2014 6:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
soooo Tetra joins the party and instantly becomes the fucking best girl of the entire series lol, man she was enjoyable to watch :D

well okay I'll give it a bit more time before I'll go as far as declare her better than Akatsuki but I'm really leaning towards that way right now at least~
Oct 11, 2014 6:12 AM

Jul 2014
Tetra best girl, she was so damn enjoyable to watch. i loved how she shoved herself inside Naotsugu armor.

good episode as always, can't wait for the raid next week.
Oct 11, 2014 6:17 AM

Sep 2014
It's hard to say anything knowing what's going on from the novels. The anime is going pretty much how I expect, a little of akatsuki and a little of shiroe. Anyhow, I still enjoy the anime a lot. Is it only me or are the character's hair badly drawn? Was it like that in the first season?

Tetra is an awesome character, ufufu... (spoiler ahead)
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 11, 2014 6:19 AM

Mar 2008
It'll be interesting to see if and what gets Democracy to change his colours.
Oct 11, 2014 6:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
should it be Tetra or Tetora btw?
Oct 11, 2014 6:31 AM
Jun 2011
Shadowsnake777 said:
Lol! I loved that ep!
NAotsugu and that other agreeing about panties and other stuff and the Akatsuki curse! XD
Also love how that new chick crawls around naotsugu! XD

I know right?
I was wondering about Tetra for a while.
She's hysterical. I freaked out my aunt cause I was laughing so hard through the whole episode, between her and Naotsugu driving each other nuts and Shiro and William getting on Demiglaze.

HaXXspetten said:
soooo Tetra joins the party and instantly becomes the fucking best girl of the entire series lol, man she was enjoyable to watch :D

well okay I'll give it a bit more time before I'll go as far as declare her better than Akatsuki but I'm really leaning towards that way right now at least~

She's awesome, but Akatsuki is still the mascot and still her cute little quiet self. Makes me wonder what will happen the first time they meet. Poor Akatsuki!

And before anyone asks, yes I know

Mod Note: Not sure how important it is to the plot, or when it will be revealed, but I think this should be spoiler tagged as was the earlier comment about this issue.
rodacOct 11, 2014 10:33 PM
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Oct 11, 2014 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
Grim_Person said:
It's hard to say anything knowing what's going on from the novels. The anime is going pretty much how I expect, a little of akatsuki and a little of shiroe. Anyhow, I still enjoy the anime a lot. Is it only me or are the character's hair badly drawn? Was it like that in the first season?

Shocking Truth..
Y DO DIS.. :'(

anyway, enjoyable episode..
man, I hope this raid party got wipe-out and shiroe's guild members will join at next raid.. :/
Oct 11, 2014 6:59 AM

Aug 2013
Naotsugu you sly dog! Him and Marielle looked so cute! :D

"Tetra dayo!" Idol. "Naka-chan dayo" immediately popped up in my head haha.

Regan's definitely learning well from Naotsugu. Demikas tried to intimidate Shiroe but spectacularly failed XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 11, 2014 7:12 AM
Apr 2014
... The episode was 5/5 for me until they showed Rayneshia, her character design is plain awful, looks really weird, specially her eyes.

Anyway... Shiroe is so awesome, poor Demikas HAHAHAHAH

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 11, 2014 7:12 AM

Apr 2013
The dataBASING continues. Not as good as the first episode but we're setting things up for the (hopefully) epic raid. Tetra is a pretty annoying hoe so I hope that her role doesn't get too blown up later on. Her idol gimmicks reached their peak after the "idols fart" joke. Leave it at that DEEN. Demicas is back and angry as usual but let's see if his new "whipped" nature changes things later on. And Naotsugu is a player. Nuff said.

The new ED is growing on me. It was always good but I just loved the first season's so much. However, [i]Kawaii[/i]tsuki is at full strength in this one showing off all her moeves.
dankzelOct 11, 2014 11:48 AM
Oct 11, 2014 7:16 AM

Aug 2010
Grim_Person said:

I KNEW IT!!! I'm sad but I knew it T^T
Oct 11, 2014 7:24 AM

Jan 2014
It seems like quality dropped a lot compared to first season...Look at the faces of Marie Naotsugu and Princess...And that ED is really good,such Akatsuki...

Barion-Zara said:
Grim_Person said:

I KNEW IT!!! I'm sad but I knew it T^T
Didnt knew it...Tetra was annoying regardless
LoneWizzyOct 11, 2014 7:28 AM
Oct 11, 2014 7:26 AM

Mar 2013
wow that Tetora,
That statement -
"idol girls dont fart!" :)
Oct 11, 2014 7:33 AM

Nov 2012
i dont know why but i had a feeling that

Mod Note: I've made sure spoiler tags have been attached to this info in earlier posts, so I will continue with that.
rodacOct 11, 2014 10:36 PM
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 11, 2014 7:36 AM

Feb 2014
Yeah, I never trusted that Demiqas guy, well, he is strong so I guess he can help for a bit, but looks like he is still planning to attack Shiroe.
That new girl is.. strange, but I like her.
Oct 11, 2014 7:38 AM

Sep 2008
Oct 11, 2014 7:41 AM
Sep 2013
Shiroe making fun of Demiglass was funny. Especially his face when he heard about the wife. XD

Tetra annoys me though. Too "bubbly" for me.
Oct 11, 2014 7:44 AM

Sep 2014
I liked this episode. It was funny at times, especially
. Aside from that there was also progress on the part of the plot and it sort of inches closer to explaining how events lead up to the end of Episode 1 (Nearing X'mas eve). All in all I thought it was really good! Can't say the same for Deen's art/animation though.

Also, poor Akatsuki. :'(
Oct 11, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 2014
Maerow said:
LonelyWizard said:
It seems like quality dropped a lot compared to first season...

DEEN, that's all
WUT?WHY?just noticed...why did the producer change...such stupidity...
Oct 11, 2014 7:51 AM

Oct 2013
Well next ep is the beast, which we already know how it looks like. It should get somewhat interesting.
Oct 11, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
Anyone who think DEEN messed up the quality. well, better check this out: http://loghorizonfunfacts.tumblr.com/post/99200386312/log-horizon-art-style-comparisons-shiroe

someone posted this link not long ago
Oct 11, 2014 8:10 AM
Oct 2014
Selena-Dragony said:
Tetra annoys me though. Too "bubbly" for me.

Tetra should annoy you. They even picked the seiyuu in an audition based on how annoying the seiyuu was.
http://mantan-web.jp/2014/08/18/20140818dog00m200014000c.html
Oct 11, 2014 8:10 AM
Jun 2012
Poor Demiqas, no body got his name right, no even in the sub LOL.
Oct 11, 2014 8:11 AM

Sep 2014
Kodaka said:
Anyone who think DEEN messed up the quality. well, better check this out: http://loghorizonfunfacts.tumblr.com/post/99200386312/log-horizon-art-style-comparisons-shiroe

My discontent is not with DEEN's shiroe. It's their Marielle and ESPECIALLY Kanami. The rest are a mixed reaction for me.
Oct 11, 2014 8:16 AM
Jun 2007
FadeFrost said:
Kodaka said:

My discontent is not with DEEN's shiroe. It's their Marielle and ESPECIALLY Kanami. The rest are a mixed reaction for me.
What I'd wrong with Kanami? Keep in mind, the Kanami this season isn,'t playing the same avatar and she was in Shirie's flashback of her in the first season.
Oct 11, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
Kodaka said:

Now i understand why people hate DEEN...All characters except Shiroe looks weird,bad,ugly...
Oct 11, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2010
William with his guild instantly joining the raid! Quite straight to the point.
Demi getting pissed off, he marrying a people of the land!
Tetra! Her narcissism and her teasing Naotsugu is quite entertaining. The spoiler... :( too tempting.
Akatsuki staying back to protect the princess, it would be nice to she her finish her first raid in this season.
Oct 11, 2014 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
that new girl is annoying and finlly the raid is happening next episode
Oct 11, 2014 8:34 AM

Aug 2007
A set up ep but still a good one to me. I enjoyed Shiroe's reactions this ep to when Demi was being talked about. Akatsuki it tasked to guard the princess. I hope nothing goes wrong seeing that guy she walk past they could be trouble. I'm not sure what Shiroe is looking for down there with that raid but I can't wait to see what it could be!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 11, 2014 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
FadeFrost said:
Kodaka said:

check out the link, there is marielle also.

LonelyWizard said:
Kodaka said:

Now i understand why people hate DEEN...All characters except Shiroe looks weird,bad,ugly...

actually DEEN made it actually look more closer to the LN version not like satelight
Oct 11, 2014 8:40 AM
Oct 2012
I have some high hopes towards next episode. This one was just enjoyable. Next one with the raid and the conflict between Shiroe and Demikas shall be great.
I still have no opinions regarding the guy who walked past Akatsuki.
Oct 11, 2014 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
and about kanami:
http://loghorizonfunfacts.tumblr.com/post/98997182162/kanami-please-children-are-watching-this-show

The kanami in this season is the monk class

while in the last season is the swashbuckler
Oct 11, 2014 8:44 AM

Sep 2014
Vash1306 said:
FadeFrost said:

What I'd wrong with Kanami? Keep in mind, the Kanami this season isn,'t playing the same avatar and she was in Shirie's flashback of her in the first season.

She just looks so... disproportionate. Her eyes cover probably a quarter of her face each and her boobs are bigger than her head. It just all seems reaaaally weird. For Marielle it's more of a matter of preference, but I preferred her hair in S1. And I know she's elven, but I'd rather not see the ears. Then again, that's just preference.
Oct 11, 2014 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
Kodaka said:

actually DEEN made it actually look more closer to the LN version not like satelight
Yea,thats a good excuse for them...If the first season never existed it wouldnt be a problem.But since we've seen and get used to anything better its disappointing...

Anyway i think eventually going to get used to it...RIP Princess,her only feature was being cute...
Oct 11, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
The only things interesting in this episode for me:
-Shiroe making fun of Democracy-san.
-Akatsuki's Curse.
-The fact that Regan is a M.
-The new girl's appearance.
-Democracy-san's love story.
-Again, Shiroe smile/laugh when he heard the love story of Democracy-san.
-Akatsuki too poor to buy a new weapon.

Note: -I didn't expect Shiroe to gather full raid party so fast.. I was expecting more in the process.. (I don't read the LN.)

What I'm expecting next episode:
-More action.
-More Shiroe's eyeglasses lift.
-More of the new girl appearance.
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
Oct 11, 2014 8:52 AM

Aug 2014
Grim_Person said:

Wasn't expecting that. AND I REALLY LIKED HER.
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
Oct 11, 2014 8:52 AM

Sep 2014
Kodaka said:
and about kanami:
http://loghorizonfunfacts.tumblr.com/post/98997182162/kanami-please-children-are-watching-this-show

The kanami in this season is the monk class

while in the last season is the swashbuckler

Oh yeah, I know that. But my original comment entailed that I simply can't say that I thought the art was good, it really has nothing to do with Kanami's class as far as I'm concerned. I simply felt her character looked extremely weird and it kind of freaked me out. (Dem boobies) Those in the guild Log horizon I felt were still okay, though. The rest felt rather inconsistent and sometimes they ended up with weird faces / features.
Oct 11, 2014 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
I really like the interaction between Regan and Naotsugu.

Lol @ Shiroe's smirk when he heard about Democracy-san's love story.
Oct 11, 2014 9:16 AM
Oct 2014
Good episode, set the scene for the raid and had a good amount of humor. Marielle x Naotsugu came on a little suddenly, but was cute. William Massachusetts is a cool character and I'm looking forward to his development. Demiqas is still a jerk, but I liked the soft side that was revealed with his wife... and Shiroe's reaction in the background.

As funny as the Re Gan interaction with Naotsugu and Tetora was, I can't quite come to trust the guy - I feel like he's the type to betray people to get what he wants. I'm sure if that happens though it'll be far down the road. And who did Akatsuki pass outside the shop? Oh, the foreshadowing was strong in this episode!

Still curious how the season will progress, especially with Kanami in Europe and a certain glasses-wearing female character showing up in the OP, but the first two episodes of this season have been off to a great start!

To answer a question someone posted before, the reason they need to do this raid is to get the source of gold in the world. The reason Shiroe needs so much gold is that the monthly cost of owning the buildings (like the Cathedral) in Akihabara is many times more than the initial rights to purchase them. If they can't pay the monthly costs, the buildings go back up for sale... and Plant Hwyaden could purchase them and hold everyone hostage, forcing them to join the guild or else forfeit their assets (in the guild banks) and even their resurrection (at the Cathedral).

One point I don't understand though, is that even if this happened... wouldn't it also be temporary? After all, Plant Hwyaden doesn't have unlimited resources either. Yes, it would be a rough few months until the guild loses control, but it's not the end of the world... maybe I'm missing something.
Oct 11, 2014 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
Who want the full raid party in all their glorious?
http://i.imgur.com/qeYNxIK.jpg
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.