Forum Settings
Forums

anime tattoos you would consider getting and why

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 7, 2009 2:03 PM

Sep 2009
I want the Gurren Lagann symbol on my back. For that, I would endure the pain.
Nov 9, 2009 3:23 PM
Feb 2009
I honestly got a fancy for the tattoo kinda thing that Walker, from D.grayman, gets on his should when he gets his arm back in episode 70. :)

However, im getting a sweet looking dragon on my upper arm in a month.. hehe
Nov 9, 2009 3:29 PM

Sep 2008
Kamina's tribal body tatoos $$$
Nov 9, 2009 5:56 PM

Apr 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Krimson said:
Maybe a yawning cat on my left shoulder saying にゃあ.

But in katakana

Not necessarily. I've seen it on websites written either in hiragana or katakana, and there doesn't seem to be a rule saying it can't be in hiragana.
Nov 9, 2009 6:46 PM

Jun 2009
I would probably get the Team Dai-Gurren logo on my shoulder...or maybe just Gurren Lagann.
Nov 9, 2009 6:59 PM

May 2009
If anything anime-related, I'd get a Vocaloid tattoo.
As for something not so anime related, I'd get the Outer Haven symbol tattooed on my arm.
Nov 9, 2009 7:30 PM

Mar 2007
From Black Cat
The elite organisation, Chronos, had their member numbers in tattooed Roman Numerals.

Train Heartnet had number 13 on his chest XIII

I was to get number 12 (XII) tattooed on my top left chest, for two reasons:
1. Significant/Lucky Number
2. Religious Connotations [Christianity - Stations of the Cross] (But I don't want to bore all you non-religious folk with the meaning)
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Nov 9, 2009 7:36 PM

Apr 2009
the soul logo on soul eater
Nov 9, 2009 7:58 PM
Jun 2009
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2605/gurrenbanderayh7.jpg

Definitely would tattoo that on my chest.

And people can tatoo anything they want, I wouldn't call is stupid. My friend, who's a biker chick with multiple normal types of tattoos put "avada kadavara" on her foot. Sometimes you're just a fan.
Nov 9, 2009 10:48 PM

Dec 2007
Krimson said:
ladyxzeus said:
Krimson said:
Maybe a yawning cat on my left shoulder saying にゃあ.

But in katakana

Not necessarily. I've seen it on websites written either in hiragana or katakana, and there doesn't seem to be a rule saying it can't be in hiragana.

Onomatopee (is it written like this?) therefore not a word per se. Do it right, it's not ugly.

As for the rest, people must remember they will grow up. Unless you are a tattoo collector don't go on it just because "ong looks so kewl", because you'll most likely regret it. It does not matter how much you say you won't now, only the future will tell.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 9, 2009 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
I am not used to tattoos. Usually I only use the temporary ones >.<
But if can I would like one like Nana or a purple rose =)
Fond of purple roses XD
Nov 10, 2009 8:16 AM
Jul 2009
if i HAD to tattoo myself i would tattoo my whole back with the symbol of the claymore Clare :P
Nov 10, 2009 8:31 AM

Sep 2007
I plan on getting both Sasuke's [resealed] curse seal and Naruto's 8-pronged seal at some point. Both of which have a deeper meaning to me than simply "liking the series" (which I do).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines
Nov 10, 2009 8:38 AM

Nov 2009
As a girl, I'm not sure what I'd get. I can't really remember seeing many tattooed chicks in anime.

But if I was a guy, I would totally get Renji's body tattoo. Tis most awesome. It would be incredibly expensive, but hey - it would look cool!
Nov 10, 2009 9:31 AM

Feb 2009
The Inverse Rod from Vagrant Story
Nov 13, 2009 1:15 AM
Nov 2009
Very interesting topic; many different opinions :)

I think it is only a bad idea if you are the kind of person who goes through phases (eg. you like something for a couple of years and then go off it), because you are obviously going to regret the tattoo. However, if you have are generally not the kind of person who's likes/dislikes change, then it is a safe option.

I would feel comfortable with a One Piece tattoo~♥ :)
Nov 15, 2009 7:13 PM
Aug 2009
good topic lol... I think I'd like to get the final fantasy X logo done in color, except without the 'Final Fantasy X' all over it. Not really anime tattoo, but oh well..
Nov 15, 2009 7:17 PM

Apr 2008
NO, just NO.
Horrible idea unless you enjoy running around and screaming "I'm an otaku!"
Nov 15, 2009 7:36 PM

Apr 2009
SOS DAN on my forehead.
Nov 15, 2009 9:35 PM

Jan 2008
ladyxzeus said:
Onomatopee (is it written like this?)

Onomatopoeia. 'tis a bitchy word to spell.
Nov 15, 2009 10:13 PM

Sep 2009
I have 5 tattoos only one is anime "themed". I have the Ouroboros symbol that all the homunculi have in FMA, on my left leg. I like it and it fits in well with my other tattoos (Celtic, Norse, and alchemical symbols)
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'
Nov 15, 2009 10:22 PM

Jan 2009
I consider the human body as a canvas thus I would like to make my body an art puzzle,the pieces showing things that represent me as well parts of my life.
I already have 4 tatoos and I plan to have at least other 8 one of which is a manga character.
Kamiyama Itsuki the main character of Goth.I want to have tattooed on my forearm the picture shown below :

The reason behind wanting this tattoo is besides the fact that I consider this picture a work of art,I can relate to Itsuki to some point and I think it will be nice to have on me a tattoo representing this darker part of me.

Of course this is just My point of view.I strongly believe that most people regret their tattoos after 10 or more years.Since I occasionally tattoo,too I always suggest that before you go for it you have to think over and over.
Moreover search both the design and the tattoo artist you want.Do not hesitate to travel to have a quality tattoo done.Get informed of many artists by looking at their portfolios.
Do not get a tattoo just to show off.This is really stupid,you are going to have this on your body for the rest of you life.Whether it is a tattoo,a piercing or any other body modification you should do it just for you.If there is another reason please do not do it,I am certain you will regret it.
Nov 15, 2009 10:33 PM

Mar 2009
Sick_Bastard said:
Naruto.

On my ass.

I lol'd

Mmm..
I'm really into tattoo's
but Train heartnet number's are purrty kewl ;D
Nov 29, 2009 4:28 PM

Nov 2007
When I was in High School 6 or 7 years ago I wanted a giant kenshin himura, himura the battousai, battosai the manslayer on my entire back with the evilish yellow eyes. man I was so stupid back then
Nov 29, 2009 4:35 PM

Mar 2009
i'll get 2 manga tattoos next year
one will be the brand which appears on cursed ones in berserk (ofc ill put it on the same place guts has it, well maybe a bit lower though)
the other one will be the whateveritis the skull knight (also berserk) got on his shield (looks like a rose with thorns to me) on my left upper arm (since the right one isnt free anymore^^
Nov 29, 2009 8:15 PM
Nov 2009
Lilah said:
Very interesting topic; many different opinions :)

I think it is only a bad idea if you are the kind of person who goes through phases (eg. you like something for a couple of years and then go off it), because you are obviously going to regret the tattoo. However, if you have are generally not the kind of person who's likes/dislikes change, then it is a safe option.

I would feel comfortable with a One Piece tattoo~♥ :)

Who doesn't go through phases with anime? A totally bad idea IMHO.
Nov 30, 2009 3:07 PM

Sep 2009
I have an anime tattoo.

Sesshomaru's demon form on my back.

Not even because InuYasha is my favorite anime (it's not) but because :

1. I like the image itself. That's the main reason. I had planned to get a demon of some form and I liked how his demon form looked.
2, I have been watching anime since I was 8
3. InuYasha was the first anime I saw from start to end.
Nov 30, 2009 6:25 PM

Apr 2009
My sister said i should become a tattoo artist..i think it would be fun

here is what i'd get sorry if i already posted this

Nov 30, 2009 6:52 PM

Sep 2009
The soul eater symbol would be cool.

The color might be a bit difficult depending on your skin color.

I think being a tattoo artist is an interesting choice for a profession.
You meet a lot of people. Their choices for their tattoos (if they haven't just chosen it from the wall) are always good stories. Sometimes what they want means so much to them.
It's wonderful to see them light up when it's done.

I worked in a tattoo shop for 2 years. Not as an artist, just a helper.
I did piercings once in a while as well.
Nov 30, 2009 7:05 PM

Oct 2009
i have two tattoos, one on my back and one on my arm. dont think id want an anime one though
Nov 30, 2009 7:09 PM

Apr 2009
Tattoos should have enough symbolism in and of themselves that years down the road when it's faded and ugly and you realize that you hate the art style you still love it for what it means. You will not get that from an anime tattoo.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Dec 1, 2009 12:17 AM

Apr 2009
Otacons_Girl said:
The soul eater symbol would be cool.

The color might be a bit difficult depending on your skin color.

I think being a tattoo artist is an interesting choice for a profession.
You meet a lot of people. Their choices for their tattoos (if they haven't just chosen it from the wall) are always good stories. Sometimes what they want means so much to them.
It's wonderful to see them light up when it's done.

I worked in a tattoo shop for 2 years. Not as an artist, just a helper.
I did piercings once in a while as well.

im pretty pale though there is also the black soul with orange lining that would look cool
Dec 1, 2009 1:36 AM

Dec 2007
Been thinking of getting a Snake tat on the left of my chest covering and something else in the back that I haven't decided. Why? because it symbolizes rebirth. and plus it would look nice since I got the body for it. 39" chest. ;)
Dec 1, 2009 4:38 AM

Mar 2009
CDRW said:
Tattoos should have enough symbolism in and of themselves that years down the road when it's faded and ugly and you realize that you hate the art style you still love it for what it means. You will not get that from an anime tattoo.

well sry for offtopic but people who think that nowadays people who get tattoos get them because of some kind of story that happened to them watched too much miami ink....
Dec 1, 2009 6:14 AM

Jun 2008
No. If it counts though, I have considered a similar design to Clamp's style of "wings" on their merchandise and through out the shows, that on my wrist would be fine with another design.
Dec 1, 2009 7:19 AM

Jun 2008
My sig as a tattoo
Dec 1, 2009 6:51 PM

Apr 2009
CDRW said:

That's not necessarily true. Someone could easily(ok, not THAT easily) find something in anime that resonates with them or represents something significant. Besides 99% of non-anime tattoos are not done with even a hint of symbolism in mind. Hell, most people just get them because they look cool...
Dec 1, 2009 6:54 PM

Mar 2008
Probably a japanese symbol somewhere on my chest plate, preferably on top of one of my breast. Then perhaps one a little above my hip on the back, Nana Osaki's flower on her arm. :D
Dec 1, 2009 7:41 PM

Apr 2009
Lars said:
CDRW said:

That's not necessarily true. Someone could easily(ok, not THAT easily) find something in anime that resonates with them or represents something significant. Besides 99% of non-anime tattoos are not done with even a hint of symbolism in mind. Hell, most people just get them because they look cool...
That just means that 99% of non-anime tattoos are idiotic too. :P
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Dec 1, 2009 9:10 PM

Oct 2009
I would never get a tattoo... It just seems pointless to me. I was in a mall and saw an old man with tattoos covering both of his forearms and it was a bit nasty... The tattoos were all messed up because of the wrinkles in his skin, so I don't want to look like that.

However, I think a seriously funny tattoo would be:

" ... carpenters fashion wood; wise people fashion themselves" - Buddhism
Dec 2, 2009 8:34 AM

Sep 2009
CDRW said:

I don't agree with that statement either.
Anything could mean a lot to you, even anime. I've seen some weird and silly things that people want to get tattooed on them because it means the world to them.

As for why people get so many tattoos today, I don't know.
I remember wanting a tattoo since I was 4 and saw my cousin's tattoos.
The ink shows are around because of how popular tattoos are. I don't think they had a hand in making tattoos more popular (they made those particular shops more popular), they are simply a result of tattoos popularity.
I think many people see it as a sign of independence, uniqueness (though you'd be more unique at this point if you didn't have any), and being a rebel.

As for the whole issue on how they look later on, well when it happens, it happens.
My tattoos are all in spots that can't be seen when I wear most clothes (not bikinis) so no one knows about them but me.
Nov 1, 2011 10:06 PM
Nov 2011
I have the Claymore sword on both shoulders. I love it.
Nov 1, 2011 10:36 PM

Jun 2011
No, I would never consider getting an anime-related tattoo - or a tattoo related to any other form of entertainment, for that matter.
Nov 1, 2011 11:06 PM

Jul 2011
This sounds like a cool topic, too bad it was discussed two years ago. :/ Since someone brought it back up though, I'd like to give my opinion. ^^

Do what you want. Who cares if other people think you're going to regret it. If it is something you really think you want on you; do it. I am pretty disappointed with everyone's negativity towards tattoos. If you don't want them, sure, don't get them, but don't condemn someone's ideas of getting one, anime-related or not. Who are you to decide anime isn't an important enough factor in someone's life?

I have a lot of different layers to my life and I consider anime very important to my personality. I'm in my twenties and I've been a fan of anime for over half of my life. Making a permanent decision, like a tattoo does take a lot of thought and searching. You are going to have it your whole life, so you want to make sure it is definitely what you want and that you get the best quality possible. Never settle for less and never go into it undecided.

I've yet to be tattooed, myself, though I am pierced. I am currently working on two full sleeve ideas that I will have to do in pieces and one of those arms is planned to have anime elements in it; the other will be music ((I'm a musician)). Does this make me a gun-jumping 'weeaboo'? No. I am still in the planning stage and will probably still be for a few years. I know what I want and am finding the right artist(s) to do it. If anyone is curious, and to finally answer the original post question, I am getting a silhouette of Spike Spiegel with the orange butterflies from the movie in various places around his silhouette, with the caption "Are you living in the real world?" on my forearm (underside). This has been a tattoo I've had planned out for years and will be the first of what I hope to be many ((tattoos and piercings fit my lifestyle)).

If all the elements come together, take the chance and do something new for yourself. I fully support those who want an anime tattoo. Just make sure you know what you want. Don't just get a tat of your newest favorite anime hottie because she's supah kawaii, haha. She'll probably be replaced soon anyways. Just make sure you get something that you put a lot of thought into and that means a lot to you, whether the meaning is clear to others, or not.

Well, that's my two cents~
☆ (( クレイジー・サンシャイン )) ☆
Nov 1, 2011 11:25 PM

Jan 2011
I dont like the idea of a tattoo at all
Nov 2, 2011 12:07 AM

Sep 2011
I'd get one if the tattoo was a working transmutation array that let me deconstruct matter.
Nov 2, 2011 4:48 AM
Jul 2009
I will put some white tiger and magic carp(real one lol not pokemon) on my back. Anime tattoo nooot.
xxx
Nov 2, 2011 7:32 AM

May 2009
I'd get the Gurren Lagann Skull that's on Yoko's hair clip. It's cute but deadly. It would probably be on my back shoulder.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Nov 2, 2011 1:11 PM

Jan 2008
I still want this. It's the circle that appears behind Walpurgisnacht in Madoka.

Spoiler'd for size.
Nov 2, 2011 1:14 PM

Aug 2011

That.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

18 by Memore »»
4 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

59 by Saiunknown »»
13 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by Phloup »»
13 minutes ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 60 minutes ago

8 by ToG25thBaam »»
14 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

61 by Saiunknown »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.