Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 2, 2014 12:55 PM
Oct 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
skudoops said:

When was realistic ever more common place than SR?

The point is that you had both in the past, and now you don't, not which one of them is more common.

Argevollen, FMP, Code Geass, Macross Frontier, Eva rebuilds (although I agree they can probably going into SR territory but the general design is RR), M3, Unicorn, Valvrave (for one side)? I tend to find them well enough it seems. They may not to be everyone's liking but they are there. RR was never as popular as SR because SR had more hype to it, much like DBZ sports tend to have hype to them.
Oct 3, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2012
mayukachan said:
Also, m3...Man, it might have somewhat good if they took out the unnecessary mecha.
But then Kawamori would not be involved and it would make the anime 100x times shittier for me They don't even look good for Kawamori standards
הלב שלי כבר מת
Oct 3, 2014 12:57 AM
Dec 2013
silversaint said:
i havent seen a good mecha anime in some time, since TTGL
i've just picked up Heroman and Heroic Age, both are alright and pretty enjoyable imo. Try them.
Oct 3, 2014 1:01 AM
May 2014
I guess I could give mecha another try but I hated it growing up. Transformers, gundam and whatever else there was. I just could never get into it and the whole will power thing it stupid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2014 1:03 AM

Mar 2008
Sidonia and Majestic Prince were some great recent mecha. BUT WAIT, THEY'RE CGI, OH NOES.
Oct 3, 2014 1:05 AM

Jul 2012
Worse there are Hisashi faces ewwwwwwwwww
הלב שלי כבר מת
Oct 3, 2014 1:06 AM

Mar 2008
Maor said:
What's wrong with Hiraiface? Kira was #1 Newtype for years.

Mecha represent.
Oct 3, 2014 1:09 AM
Apr 2013
Daimidaler is good. Still waiting for the BDs though.
Oct 3, 2014 1:11 AM

Jul 2012
Ckan said:
Maor said:
What's wrong with Hiraiface? Kira was #1 Newtype for years.

Mecha represent.

Dumb flush on their faces the dem noses the overlook seems so plastic to me it's like he always uses just one color for the skin color
worldeditor11 said:
Daimidaler is good. Still waiting for the BDs though.
I laugh when people bash it for its fanservice
הלב שלי כבר מת
Oct 3, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2014
'Who needs Mecha when you have Predator Drones'

Barrack Obama
Oct 3, 2014 1:12 AM

Jul 2012
FIREF0X said:

Barrack Obama
They are no robots?
הלב שלי כבר מת
Oct 3, 2014 1:14 AM

Mar 2014
I hate mecha
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 3, 2014 1:15 AM

Mar 2008
FIREF0X said:

Barrack Obama
"We're building Iron Man"

Barrack Obama
Oct 3, 2014 5:14 AM

Feb 2013
StrawberryRain said:
I hate mecha

Then what are you doing here?????
Oct 3, 2014 5:19 AM

Feb 2013
Ckan said:
Sidonia and Majestic Prince were some great recent mecha. BUT WAIT, THEY'RE CGI, OH NOES.

Actually majestic Prince's Mech fights were the best thing about the show,the story was okay,the dialogue was crngeworthy,the characters ventured from okay to terribad

And do'nt even get me started with FUCKING Hisashi
Oct 3, 2014 5:25 AM

Mar 2008
I'd agree that the story wasn't anything special, but I don't see what the problem with Hisashi would be here - the designs were well used, distinguishable, and varied. Unless you dislike his style completely - which would purely personal preference, or have an issue with SD reaction faces, I honestly don't think calling out "Hisashi" is really a valid criticism much in the same vein as Code Geass and Clamp's "noodlepeople".
Oct 3, 2014 5:27 AM

Feb 2013
Watched the first G-Reco episode and GODDAMNIT was it cringeworthy,i could'nt even sit through the full episode (and trust me i sat through 3 episodes of ZZ)

This is what happens when you let "Happy Tomino" get his hands on a series
Oct 3, 2014 5:29 AM

Feb 2013
Ckan said:
I'd agree that the story wasn't anything special, but I don't see what the problem with Hisashi would be here - the designs were well used, distinguishable, and varied. Unless you dislike his style completely - which would purely personal preference, or have an issue with SD reaction faces, I honestly don't think calling out "Hisashi" is really a valid criticism much in the same vein as Code Geass and Clamp's "noodlepeople".

I'd say i just have a problem with general style,though to be honest his Majestic Prince designs were much better and more distinguishable than Gundam seed and his other Post-SEED shows
Oct 3, 2014 5:35 AM

Mar 2008
Yeah, I was pretty worried when his name was on the staff, but it turned out especially well. Aparently his earlier works didn't have so much of the sameface problem either.

vongola-undecimo said:
Watched the first G-Reco episode and GODDAMNIT was it cringeworthy,i could'nt even sit through the full episode (and trust me i sat through 3 episodes of ZZ)

This is what happens when you let "Happy Tomino" get his hands on a series
Unfortunate for you, but all the better for those of us who like this Tomino. I've no real complaints with the show so far.
Oct 3, 2014 8:26 AM

Dec 2012
Mecha is a fun genre, I've watched and enjoyed a lot of them. I can't say that enjoy everything mecha though.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 3, 2014 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
FIREF0X said:

Barrack Obama

they'll be useless when the enemy unleashes Minovsky Particles
Oct 3, 2014 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
Dalis said:
mayukachan said:
Also, m3...Man, it might have somewhat good if they took out the unnecessary mecha.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion, given how important the LIMs are to the over-arching themes of connecting to others.
Also, that would mean no Argent, and it looks baller. I want a model of that thing.

The mecha was the only interesting thing about this show. It was extremely boring and it felt like I had to force myself just to watch 10 episodes before I finally put it on hold.
Oct 3, 2014 8:43 AM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
I don't really care for the Mecha genre much. I did enjoy Gurren Lagann a lot, and I absolutely hated Infinite Stratos. Aldnoah Zero is average for me.

So I can't say I hate Mecha, it's just not my favorite genre.
Oct 3, 2014 8:45 AM

Sep 2014
PandahHeart said:
it's just not my favorite genre.

vongola-undecimo said:
StrawberryRain said:
I hate mecha

To let people know.
Oct 3, 2014 9:00 AM

Feb 2013
vongola-undecimo said:
StrawberryRain said:
I hate mecha

To let people know.[/quote]

But no one cares
Oct 3, 2014 9:01 AM

Feb 2013
hybreezy said:
FIREF0X said:

Barrack Obama

Pfft......Who needs Mnovsky particles......We've got SUPAAAAAA ASIA!!!!!!
Oct 3, 2014 9:47 AM

Mar 2014
I don't really like mecha all that much with a few exceptions like Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gunbuster and Code Geass.

I just prefer when shows are mostly about the characters rather than scenes with giant robots which can be very boring at times.
Oct 3, 2014 10:12 AM

Jun 2012
vongola-undecimo said:
hybreezy said:

Oct 3, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
Sol_Ou said:
vongola-undecimo said:

No one can handle SUPAAAAAA ASIA!!!!!
Oct 3, 2014 2:00 PM

Oct 2012
Mecha excels when it focuses on the plot and characters instead of simply being a bunch of pointless shit that gets you from fight scene to fight scene. Sadly, I've found most of them fall under the latter category.

Oct 3, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2007
It's true that good mecha are few and far between, and very little has been impressive lately (Argevollen has potential though). But that's not exactly strange. Just look at any other genre and notice how it's not much better - only a handful of anime can be that good - of any kind.
And like everything else, it's all in how you go about it. If you don't like the Go Nagai style super robots, and the generic stuff doesn't impress you, there's plenty of fodder in Gundam (almost any UC title except ZZ), any VOTOMS title with Chirico, and one-ofs like Flag. If you prefer characters with super powers while mecha are taking a back seat (but still very important), you can go with Giant Robo. You can have zany almost parody-style series like TTGL. There's something for most people that have even the slightest inkling towards sci-fi if they bother to look.

Most people who hate he genre never gave it a chance. They're right up there with anyone else who makes a broad generalization based on anecdotal evidence.
Oct 3, 2014 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
Emperormin3 said:
I don't watch pre-2000
There's your first mistake.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 4, 2014 8:20 AM

Oct 2014
Cabron said:
Emperormin3 said:
I don't watch pre-2000

It's my choice. It isn't a mistake it's just my personal taste.
Oct 4, 2014 9:03 AM

Mar 2013
Emperormin3 said:
Cabron said:

Well, if you don't watch pre-2000 stuff, you wouldn't know how much of a mistake it is, would you?
Oct 4, 2014 9:43 AM

Oct 2014
fst said:
Emperormin3 said:

Well, if you don't watch pre-2000 stuff, you wouldn't know how much of a mistake it is, would you?

That's under the assumption that I'm making a mistake in not watching them. I chiefly don't watch pre-2000 because I can't stand the artwork. So even if the story were good, I still wouldn't like it chiefly because of the art.
Oct 4, 2014 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
Are you telling me that this doesn't do it for you art-wise?

Oct 4, 2014 9:56 AM

Oct 2014
Yeah it actually doesn't.
Oct 4, 2014 12:23 PM

Feb 2013
fst said:

What is that from?

So this isn't good for you either?
Oct 4, 2014 12:40 PM

Mar 2013
Emperormin3 said:
Yeah it actually doesn't.

But dat ass.

Piegoose said:
fst said:

What is that from?

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam.
Oct 4, 2014 1:13 PM

Oct 2014
Piegoose said:
fst said:

What is that from?

So this isn't good for you either?

Yeah. I don't know why but I just can't find any enjoyment out of that artwork.
Oct 4, 2014 1:35 PM

May 2013
Emperormin3 said:
fst said:

That's under the assumption that I'm making a mistake in not watching them. I chiefly don't watch pre-2000 because I can't stand the artwork. So even if the story were good, I still wouldn't like it chiefly because of the art.

Why are so many weebs shallow and pedantic?
Oct 4, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
Emperormin3 said:
fst said:

That's really sad, pathetic even.
Oct 4, 2014 1:36 PM

Mar 2013
kokkoderrisch said:
Emperormin3 said:

Because old anime is shit. (Apparently)
Oct 4, 2014 1:39 PM

Oct 2014
xRatatosk said:
Emperormin3 said:

We all have our own tastes and saying I'm pathetic because of that is both rude and stupid.
Oct 4, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2014
fst said:
kokkoderrisch said:

Because old anime is shit. (Apparently)

I don't say old anime is shit. I just don't like the artwork. It's more a question of my tastes than it is the anime themselves.
Oct 4, 2014 1:42 PM

Oct 2014
kokkoderrisch said:
Emperormin3 said:

Why can't people stop being immature children and actually respect other people's tastes and opinions.

Jul 2014
Emperormin3 said:
xRatatosk said:

We all have our own tastes and saying I'm pathetic because of that is both rude and stupid.

When you judge something on one aspect, and say just because of that aspect you wouldn't enjoy something, that's even more stupid

What if everything in the Anime is to your liking, but the Art is bad? By your logic "Screw it going to dislike cuz of Art even though everything else is great."

Pretty stupid honestly. But eh, it's fine. I don't really care if people like that don't get to enjoy Anime with unconventional Art. I can laugh at them and enjoy hidden gems and other shit that's good while they cry about Art and miss out.

Mar 2013
Again, you wouldn't know how much of a mistake it is if you don't watch any. Note that this statement isn't actually making any assumptions.
Oct 4, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2014
xRatatosk said:
Emperormin3 said:

When you judge something on one aspect, and say just because of that aspect you wouldn't enjoy something, that's even more stupid

What if everything in the Anime is to your liking, but the Art is bad? By your logic "Screw it going to dislike cuz of Art even though everything else is great."

Pretty stupid honestly.

That logic works for any other aspect. If I say everything is good but the story is shit it works the same way. And everyone does that. So why don't you stop being a little child and respect my opinion. Calling someone stupid over their taste is stupid in itself.
Oct 4, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2014
fst said:
Again, you wouldn't know how much of a mistake it is if you don't watch any. Note that this statement isn't actually making any assumptions.

I don't have to watch it to know the artwork.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does our opinions of characters reflect how we treat other people?

Zamus_Edits - 4 hours ago

4 by kusairo »»
15 seconds ago

» Do you guys pretend to hate anime? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - May 11

59 by Memore »»
1 minute ago

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

64 by Bruh69XD »»
3 minutes ago

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - 6 hours ago

11 by Nanami0007 »»
6 minutes ago

» Most underrated anime you have seen?

HotHamlet - 3 hours ago

14 by Mirabem »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.