Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2009 2:49 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Better than the last one. More action and the plot is moving. But I wanted to see more of Sesshomaru's fight with Mouryoumaru. That was my favorite part of the episode.

Can't wait for next week!
Oct 31, 2009 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
Kohaku met Kikyou to let her use his shikon no kakera. Kikyou says if they met in different way, she would have helped him to live in purer way. She said sorry to him in her heart.

Kouga is leaving his friends. KougaxKagome lol moment again!

Mouryoumaru, ordered by the baby who has Naraku's heart, is targetting Kinga and Ginga, who are arguing.

Getting the power, he couldn't get half of the power and has scars on both of his hands. Next mission is to meet the God of Yourei.

Byakuya is trying to see what Mouryoumaru's doing. Sesshoumaru smell Naraku's smell on Byakuya.

Sesshoumaru is fighting Mouryoumaru, who defeated Kinga and Ginga by their own argument, again. Mouryoumaru is escaping.

God of Yourei lives in a place where seems to be normal but not! He looks weird! He refused to help because there was a youkai who got all of his inside and he became soft.

Outside, there were youkai and Inuyasha was about to attack them before Kagome stopped him for God. He explained that they were the villagers who changed forms because of what happened to God. He locked Inuyasha's sword. The lock became more tightened if he attacked the villagers. Only a boy didn't become monsters. He said that he was out for a while but when he was back the villagers became monsters including his sick mother.

Youki was hidden in his sick mother's body. She became a snake monster. The sword still cannot take out and something took Sango and Miroku away. Inuyasha used his "craw" to attack the youkai but became normal. Inuyasha was in danger and Kagome was going to save him but got caught by another monster. The boy was originally a monster! Suddenly rotating things appeared and Inuyasha tried to attack the true one. He found it and destroyed it.

The true one's still out. When they were back in God's house, it was in dangerous situation. True culprit got all of God's youki, and his true goal is to taking care of Inuyasha's stucking power sword.

With Inuyasha's determination, sword replied and it's time to get the sword out! The real one's behind the God?

The truth was he gave a training by giving image to them. Tessaiga is even more stronger, but there's a final form for it?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 1, 2009 3:26 PM

Oct 2009
It's was a good ep better than the last one. But i still don't like how the anime is skipping so many chapters from the manga
Nov 1, 2009 7:52 PM

Aug 2009
meh

Ginka and Kinka's role is over pretty fast...

Oh well, uber battle coming up. O tanoshimini...

Nov 2, 2009 2:49 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I wonder what's Tetsusaiga's last form is like...

Nov 2, 2009 11:56 PM
Nov 2007
random random random random random random.
Nov 4, 2009 12:12 AM

Aug 2008
I see a IY's manga list... and five episode are 8 volumes. O.o!!!

Absorption is the continuation... Vol 45.
Nov 4, 2009 5:08 PM

Feb 2009
KougaxKagome moments where Inuyasha gets insanely jealous...ah, feels just like old times. :D

Nov 5, 2009 12:21 AM

Nov 2008
BurningEyedShana said:

its a tessaiga with the power to SLICE TOMATOES!!!

nice ep. more differences with manga, i am liking this so much
doblefiloNov 5, 2009 12:26 AM
Nov 6, 2009 12:40 PM

Aug 2008
This show has very little sense of pace. I'm just amazed by how it skips from scene to scene without any feeling of closure, or explanation. Just: ok, let's fight.
Nov 8, 2009 9:47 AM

Sep 2008
Better than the last episode but things are still coming suuuper fast (to be expected, yes, but not necessarily good). I felt like I was just barreled in the face with a bunch of stuff. XD But on we go with the plot~ though I was sort of surprised how fast Kinka and Ginka died. (Or was it Kinga and Ginga?)

The part with Kouga... How nostalgic. :'D Reminds me of the old series.
Dec 21, 2009 9:35 AM
Dec 2007
holy shit.. Inuyashas dragon scaled tensaiga is amazing!!!! That was a lot easier than what I thought would happen. :p

Cant wait for Sesshoumaru and Kikyo to meet up with naraku
Jul 13, 2010 9:25 PM

Jul 2007
awesome! a training for inuyasha!! that looks like goku n.nU. tessaiga is so cool!!! *-*.
i loved yousei's look, it's really funny XD, i really want to know what inuyasha should do later!! moryoumaru is getting stronger, they have to kill them now!!!
and the wolfs aaww they're so kawaii!! they don't have to fight, they're just kids, and now live
happy with kouga's friends kawaii ^///^
Sep 5, 2010 5:20 PM

Dec 2008
A demon stole my guts!! LMAO!!
Mar 28, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2010
Interesting episode.
Imuasha is able to master the demon Tetsaiga
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 26, 2014 4:02 PM

Apr 2013
geemaa said:

I too...

training crazy o_o.
Apr 29, 2014 2:23 AM
Mar 2013
PatiRamos said:
geemaa said:

I too...

training crazy o_o.
Well it's not like you haven't seen it already since the OP spoils everything >.>

In any case, half of the episode felt like a side-quest but atleast Inuyasha has a handle on his new dragon scale technique.

Moryumaru is getting stronger and stronger and I think I know why Naraku has allowed him to live so long. Moryomaru will make a perfect body for Naraku and he won't even have to lift a finger to get it.
Apr 21, 2015 7:42 PM

Nov 2014
This episode was kinda funny xD
I love InuYasha's nickname for the old guy. "Dish rag" xD
I wonder what's up with Kohaku and Kikyo...
Where are Hakkaku and Ginta going to go? =O
I can't get used to Kagome's new VA. =<
I love the opening and ending so much. Especially the beginning of the ending.
Apparently the Tetsuiga has one form left. I guess it's the one they show in the opening. =0
Apr 21, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2014
emeraldrosary said:

Moryumaru is getting stronger and stronger and I think I know why Naraku has allowed him to live so long. Moryomaru will make a perfect body for Naraku and he won't even have to lift a finger to get it.

*Gasp* I didn't even think about that! =0 Hmm...Could be!
Sep 27, 2015 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
And it isn't even its final form! The final form will be a giant sword throwing galaxies! Oups, wrong show.

It was obvious from the watcher perspective that everything was part of the training. But it's a bit weird to have a training episode that far into the anime.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 22, 2015 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm, the Final Act isn't exactly what I expected it to be. The scenes are indeed quite rushed and it leaves little time for InuYasha and the gang to interact. It's all just revolving around Tetsuaiga and the fighting.

Sure, Naraku's inevitable defeat is the focus of the season, but it's like there's something missing from the original InuYasha.

Lol @ Kagome's new VA. She sounds like a girl born to be a cheerleader. Not that I'm complaining, though.
Feb 22, 2016 2:03 AM

Apr 2015
Lol, wtf is "demonic vortex"? How come it appeared only after 160+ episodes?
May 2, 2016 5:17 PM
Apr 2016
If Kikyo had more time, she probably could have given more reason for Kohaku to live not to mention not having to pull a shard and find some form of power to make his body live before pulling the shard. Unfortunate....
Nov 29, 2016 4:05 PM

Feb 2015
I feel that everything is so rushed and random. Where did that origami guy come from?
Aug 29, 2019 4:27 AM

Jul 2015
I knew it was all a setup in order for Inuyasha to be able to use his sword. Looks like he has one final form left.

Aug 21, 2020 2:49 AM
Aug 2020
Some nice moments in this episode with Sesshomaru, Byakuya, and Moryomaru. Sesshomaru looked frightened like he was trembling after his encounter with Byakuya of the Dreams. I was kinda rooting for Moryomaru to be defeated by Ginka and Kinka, it's boring to see him and the infant's plan always work in 5 seconds...just kill another demon and new superpower faster than I can even read the subtitles.

The test with Great Spirit Demon seemed way too rushed. Last few episodes pacing was good, but sidequest training this late in the series should be more involved. Something easy like that in half an episode shouldn't be able to power up at this late stage. Maybe 2 seasons Final Act would have been better.
Nov 11, 2020 2:43 AM

Dec 2007
though the show is fast, the pace had been stable for this episode.

i thought it was clear from the start of the series that tessaige is only for cutting, inuyasha had needed seriously this "big" demon to learn that? anyway, i'm interested in that form he mentioned.

and though i didn't cared much about how rush the pacing of the test was, i would excepted for much more details about that demon vortex...
Jun 28, 2021 8:04 AM

May 2019
Pacing felt a bit better than the previous episodes. This episode put much more focus on special practice to be able to wield the new Tessaiga. Another unorthodox way to get Inuyasha practicing how to properly wield its sword.
*Rewatch: Yeah the studio did dirty to twin brothers as well. The two brothers Kinka and Ginka actually has a confrontation not only with Moryomaru but also Inuyasha's gang in the manga. The gang is also shown try to prevent Moryomaru from absorbing the brothers power. And when Kinka is also dying after the battle, he let Inuyasha to absorb the fire power to fight against Moryomaru which already has absorbed Ginka's lightning power. Since their powers are clashing, this actually hurt the baby inside which make Moryomaru to retreat.
VivaceRexSep 3, 2021 9:06 AM

Nov 14, 2021 4:04 AM

Apr 2013
Very predictable episode, it was too damn obvious that the sage was just faking stuff. Also the new Naraku minion really annoys me, same with as with Kagura...
Dec 21, 2022 10:04 AM

Jan 2018
This episode adapts 11 chapters but the pacing wasn't as fucked as the previous episodes. Either that or I'm getting used to the funky pacing.

Inuyasha's Tetsusaiga gets a new form and that's about the only notable part of this episode.

I liked how Kikyo remarked in the beginning how if she met Kohaku under different circumstances she'd heal him instead of killing him though. That was good.

Also, Koga should've just joined Inuyasha's gang. As much as I hate the guy, I don't want him to end up like Kagura. I need to see Kagome rejecting Koga hard.

Seems like Moryomaru will die in the next episode. Good riddance. Never liked him.
Mar 4, 2023 5:09 PM

Feb 2020
This was interesting training for Inuyasha
gunk.
Sep 9, 2023 8:19 PM

Jun 2020
This dude Byakuya just met Sesshomaru and he's already calling him "Lord Sesshomaru".

Sesshomaru is just that guy.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.