Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 25, 2014 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
Only Fujoshi can do things like this, from what I know, and that fandom can go on, about simple undertones let alone subtle panels lol.
Sep 25, 2014 8:54 AM

Sep 2014
I think the battle gonna be that the both Naruto and Sasuke die or naruto save sasuke from his evil like he did with Kurama, but next chapter it gonna be no fight, probably only Talk.
Sep 25, 2014 8:55 AM

Feb 2008
ScazoN said:
SailorKagome said:

My bad, I will rephrase it : the main characters are emotionally and romantically retarded. There, happy now ?

And, yeah, I agree with you, Shikamaru and Temari would make a great couple.
I don't think Naruto is emotionally or romantically retarded, he's being the most mature right now imo.

It depends on how you look at it. If you are talking about his views on peace, war, the whole bijuu problem, while quite idealistic, I tend to agree that Naruto is the most mature of them all ( and he seems to be the least impulsive right now). But if we are talking strictly about romantic relationships, his infatuation with Sakura doesn't really make any sense. After Sakura stated her love for Sasuke over and over again during the manga, Naruto should have tried to move on. He also never bothered to give a proper response to Hinata. Giving her false hopes is infinite times more cruel than flat out rejecting her.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Sep 25, 2014 9:00 AM
Dec 2013
SailorKagome said:
ScazoN said:
I don't think Naruto is emotionally or romantically retarded, he's being the most mature right now imo.

It depends on how you look at it. If you are talking about his views on peace, war, the whole bijuu problem, while quite idealistic, I tend to agree that Naruto is the most mature of them all ( and he seems to be the least impulsive right now). But if we are talking strictly about romantic relationships, his infatuation with Sakura doesn't really make any sense. After Sakura stated her love for Sasuke over and over again during the manga, Naruto should have tried to move on. He also never bothered to give a proper response to Hinata. Giving her false hopes is infinite times more cruel than flat out rejecting her.
Well, He can't take someone seriously who faints every time she sees him, stalks and barely even talks to him, and then a sudden confession out of the blue in between a life or death situation battle. Naruto has loved Sakura all his life and it's more than a child hood/high school crush. He sees who Sakura really is and respects her for it.
Sep 25, 2014 9:04 AM
Jun 2013
SailorKagome said:
ScazoN said:

I think it more that kishi forgets alot or just doesint care.
Sep 25, 2014 9:10 AM

Nov 2012
Sakura's retarded feelings of "love" towards Sasuke.

Damn it,it was a genjutsu but figured as much.

Ohh,the nostalgia with them having their last fight at Valley of the End.
Sep 25, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2013
This is actually pretty exciting. If Sakura had really died, that would have been crazy
Sep 25, 2014 9:11 AM
Apr 2011
i don't care anymore what happens in this manga just waiting to end.
Sep 25, 2014 9:12 AM

Dec 2012
souledge94 said:
SailorKagome said:

Or the romance is not an actual focus on the story. Also why would Naruto feel differently about Sakura because she loved someone else, that shouldn't be relevant to his own feelings.
Sep 25, 2014 9:25 AM

Jul 2007
I just got done reaching all of the rest of Hxh, god damn togashi's amazing setups are just so detailed. When comparing this to naruto, its like reading a childrens book lol.

Anyways i figured i might as well read naruto chapter since it came out at 4:00 AM in the morning for me. I was just shocked, once again, kishimoto shitting all over sakura. I mean seriously?? Wtf is the dude's problem. I mean we have enough hate going around, why does he constantly want to make this character look so damn weak.

I think everyone can agree with me when i say Kishimoto knows nothing about how to write romance properly, i mean all this time she just blatantly states "I love you again" I had a long discussion in an early forum thread bout this topic about sakura going through much change and that her idealistic views on this would of been completely different but i guess i was wrong.
ArtimesGamerSep 25, 2014 9:30 AM

Sep 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Feb 2008
tsudecimo said:
souledge94 said:

Or the romance is not an actual focus on the story. Also why would Naruto feel differently about Sakura because she loved someone else, that shouldn't be relevant to his own feelings.

I already know that romance is not the focus od the story. In fact, Kishimoto already admited in one of his interviews that he's not good at writing romance. And the romance in Naruto is so badly written, I don't even know why he bothered with it in the first place. Hunter x Hunter is one of the best shounen series out there and it doesn't have any romance. Proof that you can write a good story without adding complicated romance to it. And other successful shounen series like FMA, while featuring romantic subplots, they made sure to keep it nice and simple from the beginning to the end ( no complicated love triangle quadratic square drama and shit). I just think that Kishimoto wrote himself into a corner, and him himself doesn't know how to sort out the mess he has made.
As for Naruto's feelings, while I don't expect him to stop loving Sakura just because she doesn't return her feelings, he should realize that his unrequited love will lead nowhere. Hell, he might even get hurt because of it. When your romantic interest doesn't return your feelings for years, moving on seems like the most logical decision. That doesn't mean that he has to stop caring about Sakura, they will still be friends and part of the same team.

souledge94 said:

That's just plain bad writing lol.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisSep 28, 2014 7:46 AM

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Sep 25, 2014 9:36 AM
May 2013
Alright I have to admit it was pretty good for a fanmade work, but seriously, where is the real chapter?
Sep 25, 2014 9:41 AM
Jun 2013
SailorKagome said:
souledge94 said:

That's just plain bad writing lol.

Yea it is and like you mentioned before it seems to make little sense to try to add it if your not very good at it. As you said the genra doesint need it and if its in it make it simple as you mentioned FMA.
Sep 25, 2014 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
Sakura still has feeling for Sasuke?....dafuq??
After all the shit he's done...
It's been a while since they've fought in that place (forgot what it's called), but hopefully it becomes an intense one.
Sep 25, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2012
SailorKagome said:

I already know that romance is not the focus od the story. In fact, Kishimoto already admited in one of his interviews that he's not good at writing romance.

Source please?

And the romance in Naruto is so badly written, I don't even know why he bothered with it in the first place

I don't really agree. It's fairly interesting, and there is some nice development and build up for some couples (NaruSaku), good and impactfull moments (Hinata's confession) and good interactions (ShikaTema, Jiraiya and Tsunade) some that even managed to bring forth a new dimension into the story telling (Asuma, Kurenai. The scene where Kurenai is told about Asuma's death, had one of the most beautifully and brilliant directing, I've seen in any anime episode), ones that had positive effects, had an impact on the development of one of the pairs (Dan and Tsunade, Naruto and Hinata).

The only bad thing in the romance elements is Karin crazy love for Sasuke, but then again, it's treated as a comedy most of the time, and it did have a really good scene, where both Naurto and Sasuke almost die, could have been definitely handled better, in the way she forgave him, however.

Kishimoto wrote himself into a corner, and him himself doesn't know how to sort out the mess he has made.

What are you even talking about. What corner. He can literally never address any couple final pairing after the story ends. It's not relevant to the main plot of the story. I'm baffled right now.

Sakura ends up with Naruto. Sasuke doesn't end up with anyone, since he never harbored any romantic feelings for anyone. Hinata try to forget about Naruto and focus on herself and the Hyuga family, to be a future leader of them, Sai x Ino happen and Sai experience a new feeling :o. There, everything solved. So much for being in a corner.

As for Naruto's feelings, while I don't expect him to stop loving Sakura just because she doesn't return her feelings

*his

And how do you know that? Sakura's feeling regarding Naruto definitely changed after the time skip. She appreciates him more, and cares deeply about him, that could easily change into love, or might already be, you don't know what's going on her mind, at the very least, she doesn't seem against the idea, back at the scene with Minato, compared to her old self.

he should realize that his unrequited love will lead nowhere. Hell, he might even get hurt because of it. When your romantic interest doesn't return your feelings for years, moving on seems like the most logical decision. That doesn't mean that he has to stop caring about Sakura, they will still be friends and part of the same team.

In case you don't remember they haven't been exactly free, to confront these things, having a war and all, and other things prior to it. Considering Naruto's nature, unrequited feelings won't hurt him, if anything I can see him, not wanting those feeling to disappear, they are his. It really doesn't seem like the most logical decision, you are just projecting yourself into Naruto's situation and thinking what course of action you will most likely do, is the most logical one, Naruto has a different mind set regarding it, and like he says ''I won't give up''.
tsudecimoSep 25, 2014 10:09 AM
Sep 25, 2014 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
batossai said:
Well i guess this chapter marks the end for sasusaku and narusaku parings. But real talk i thought sauske went ham and killed sakura for a minute.

lol
Sep 25, 2014 10:28 AM

Mar 2009
It's confirmed. Sasuke loves Naruto (they did kiss remember?) or is impotent cause of Orochimaru. Now Sasuke eloped with Naruto to their secret place. Sakura would just be in the way of their sweet time.
Imagine Sakura face when Naruto gets married with Hinata.

Someone make a meme with Sasuke serious face saying he is either impotent or gay and shocked Sakura face.
Sep 25, 2014 10:30 AM

Jul 2013
Why did it have to be a mere genjutsu? :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Sep 25, 2014 10:31 AM

Sep 2012
Sorry if someone posted this already. I was just looking at the page where they are on top of the heads of the statues at the Valley of The End. I thought it would be really funny if they were about to fight and realized they were standing on the wrong statues heads and had to switch lol. That would totally kill the seriousness;)
Sep 25, 2014 10:47 AM
Nov 2013
I expect more from Sakura but like Kakashi she's at her limit so she resorted to words.....silly sakura you don't have plot no jutsu.... (Would of enjoyed you giving Sasuke a good smack though.

The Final Battle
Ultimate Showdown
The Grand Palooza
The Major Denim
Great Mulha

Yea
Sep 25, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2008
I cheered when he stabbed Sakura and then it turned out to be genjutsu...

Such a tease Kishi, such a tease.
Imperial_ThunderSep 25, 2014 11:23 AM
Sep 25, 2014 11:06 AM

May 2013
Noice.
Sep 25, 2014 11:12 AM

May 2014
I thought Sakura would actually come to her senses when her facial expression went from sad to angry. Y u do dis 2 me.
Sep 25, 2014 11:19 AM

Jan 2013
Juximus said:
I thought Sakura would actually come to her senses when her facial expression went from sad to angry. Y u do dis 2 me.

It's sad seeing a character not to develop for 700 chapters.
Sep 25, 2014 11:28 AM

Aug 2008
Logically this fight should be the longest one of them all right?

I mean it just wouldn't make sense otherwise. I'm guessing we'll be here for another 40 weeks.
Sep 25, 2014 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
This chapeter felt so shot. I feel like if I'd jump from page 3 to page 14 I wouldn't have missed anything. The Sakura part pretty stupid. What makes she think Sasuke would say "Hey you're right sorry, let's go back home together"? When i saw him impaling her I though "Is this it? Meh", it was too random even for Sasuke.

Well, looks like Sasuke don't know how a revolution works at all. He wants to change the world yet wants to do it alone without any popular support and even plans on doing it through force. Thinking about it there's little differece on what he wants and what Pain wanted. Can't wait to see what his version of hokage means but I don't expect it to be something really great I just hope it isn't an indealistic bullshit. And you know, while they're there talking about what it means to be a hokage means the other ninjas are being turned into Zetsus.

And while we're on topic, why dont the Sage just remove the power from both of them? He gave them and is seeing that it hasn't helped really much.

You know what woud be a good ending? Everyone loses all their chakra due to infinite tsukuyomi then they all can start again from zero.
Sep 25, 2014 11:35 AM

May 2014
So the only thing that changed about sakura since the begining of series: haircut and breast size.

Naruto vs Sasuke. Whats up with deja vu this week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 11:48 AM

Feb 2012
Sasuke stays to be the realest one in the whole manga.

#Sasuke2k15
Sep 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2010
Yea, for whatever reason as much as I used to bash Sasuke, it is only when you see the pathetic development in every other character aside from probably Naruto that you can appreciate him.
Sep 25, 2014 1:17 PM
Jan 2012
Sasuke is still a little emo bitch.
Sep 25, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
Approximately 0.5 seconds after seeing Sasuke kill Sakura, I raised my hands and started cheering and laughing. I never knew I'd be so happy seeing her die.

Then I went to the next page, saw that it was genjutsu, and realized I just got trolled.

I liked what Sasuke had to say though. Even though he is a dick, he's the most realistic one in the Manga, and I respect him for that.
Sep 25, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
hyperknees91 said:

I mean it just wouldn't make sense otherwise. I'm guessing we'll be here for another 40 weeks.
depends how many chapters kishi uses for TnJ
Sep 25, 2014 2:26 PM

Dec 2012
For a moment I believed Sasuke killed Sakura. Damned Genjutsu...
I really want to know what Sasuke will have to say.
They'll fight at the Valley of the End again. That brings back many memories.
Albi-kunSep 25, 2014 2:39 PM
Sep 25, 2014 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
Maybe the last fight we're gonna see in Naruto! Naruto vs Sasuke, fight!

hyperknees91 said:

Logically? Where's the logic? Fights don't have to be big, they've to be good.
Sep 25, 2014 3:29 PM

May 2012
I wonder if Sakura is actually based off of some woman that Kishimoto was in love with in real life. However instead of loving him back she just kept on pining after some other asshole or stayed in an abusive relationship. And the Sakura character is his own personal way of getting back at her! lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 25, 2014 3:44 PM

Dec 2012
Depending on his plan, Sasuke might become one of the more likable characters to me. I hope that Sasuke has a somewhat sane plan and that Naruto will at least understand his point of view rather than just labeling it as evil.

Sparteh said:
So the only thing that changed about sakura since the begining of series: haircut and breast size.

Don't forget the forehead tattoo.
Sep 25, 2014 3:56 PM

Jun 2013
After all the abuse that´s actually the point where the female character stands up for herself and tells the male guy who abused her over and over again to go fuck himself.
I guess Kishimoto still doesn´t know how to write a story.
Sep 25, 2014 4:28 PM

Aug 2014
Kishimoto worst romance writer award winner confirmed
Sep 25, 2014 4:40 PM

Feb 2014
And there goes that Sakura's said development.-- She still so "Sakura" even after all of those thing. --
I told you she still has childish crush over Sasuke.

Kishimoto still screwed up. Uaaaagh. --
Sep 25, 2014 4:52 PM
Nov 2012
ask how naruto will handle the fight????
naruto has no advantage against sasuke.
at begin of manga until the war start, naruto advantage was his stamina and chakra level.
now sasuke look having bijuu chakra level and stamina (when i say bijuu, i think kurama).

Naruto reallly need a power up, maybe a fourth dojutsu puting sharinnegan to the shame (sasuke obtained barely infinite chakra, naruto could obtain a kami dojutsu)
Sep 25, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2011
Welp. I hate naruto, the only reason I still read it is because I wanna see how it will end. I think about now is when I'm gonna finally quit. It's not worth finishing. Let's see how great this writer is?
>Obito becomes a sage and tries to defeat earth, fails.
>Madara becomes a sage and tries to defeat earth, fails.
Wow, the writer used the same plot point twice, maybe he will learn?
>Girl from ancient times who is already a sage tries to defeat earth, fails.
WTF. What the hell, three times? Hopefully next time will be different.
>Right after now sasuke wants to defeat earth or some shiet, and he has all the tailed beasts imprisoned that easily.
Okay than I'm out, this shit is retarded.

This chapter was shit, and it brought back my realization that naruto will never be good. Sakura is still a crying useless twat, sasukes still an angsty teenager who's emo and a piece of poo, and naruto's still an annoying piece of cow shit. Overall I would give this chapter a 0/10

Stay shitty Naruto.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 7:23 PM
Dec 2011
Honestly, I THOUGHT Sakura had fallen for Naruto because she showed such care for him.. But WTF soo random. I mean I won't give up hope on my Sakura/Naruto... But so sad, I love sakura but that's stupid STILL regardless of Sasuke trying to kill her numeral times she "loves him".. *Sighs* i don't know what to say right now. ..

Want to TALK about it? Message me OR Comment because I won't get your reply if you don't
Sep 25, 2014 7:32 PM

Dec 2012
Sasuke has broody problems and I hope Naruto beats him. It's infuriating how it seems to be dragging. Although I'm glad they're at the valley again for the "final fight". Or at least I hope it is the last one...

Really, I am so disappointed in Kishimoto for (the 4827282nd time) leaving Sakura as though she's useless. I really thought in those panels she was going to march in and do something or even just say something but ended up pleading for Sasuke's love -.-
Sep 25, 2014 7:57 PM
Jun 2013
And how do you know that? Sakura's feeling regarding Naruto definitely changed after the time skip. She appreciates him more, and cares deeply about him, that could easily change into love, or might already be, you don't know what's going on her mind, at the very least, she doesn't seem against the idea, back at the scene with Minato, compared to her old self.

To be honest Even before the timeskip she already accept him as a friend and comrade.from my pov I havent seen anything hinting at more then that since then till now.Besides her realizing how strong hes become.
souledge94Sep 25, 2014 8:06 PM
Sep 25, 2014 8:00 PM

Mar 2009
Amazing that Naruto can still stand. They were fighting for at least 48h now no? He used loads of clones and yet he still has stamina to fight Sasuke.
Sep 25, 2014 8:20 PM

Aug 2008
SleepnDreamn said:
Amazing that Naruto can still stand. They were fighting for at least 48h now no? He used loads of clones and yet he still has stamina to fight Sasuke.

I'm pretty sure the whole stamina/chakra management system has been mostly thrown out the window. It runs out when it feels like it.
Sep 25, 2014 9:01 PM
Dec 2011
"Sasuke has broody problems and I hope Naruto beats him"
I agree with this.

I think people also think someone will die and with the new sketches for the movie, I don't think "gangster" Sasuke leaves x_x; boo

Want to comment on this message me or comment on my profile so I get it
Sep 25, 2014 11:25 PM
Mar 2013
I saw the chapter and it looks like we are near to the end sasuke and narutos final confrontation will take place in the Valley of the End which is were the climatic battle of part 1 happened. The next chapter will have sasuke explaining the reason why he would be hokage but not in the way naruto and the others did and then the chapter after the next one the final battle will begin perhaps the battle will end in November before the last naruto movie will be released in December probably that the manga will end either in November or December.

But you know what (spoiler alert) since we saw the elder sasuke design in the last movie it left me wonder ,the manga would end soon and we know in the final battle trope only one will survive perhaps sasuke listened from narutos advice during the battle will sacrifice himself to release the people from the infinite tsukiyomi before taking his life away similar like how Raoh did in Hokuto no ken (fist of the northern star) if this happens then how did sasuke survive for The last naruto the movie is it possibly his dopple ganger or something?
Sep 26, 2014 12:37 AM

Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:
SleepnDreamn said:

I'm pretty sure the whole stamina/chakra management system has been mostly thrown out the window. It runs out when it feels like it.

THIS
Sep 26, 2014 1:16 AM
May 2014
I wish Kishi will make Sasuke died eventually. That will be the true piece, nobody from ninja world is going to missed him in any way possible.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.