Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2014 2:28 PM

Sep 2011
I think I saw Togashi again.
Sep 23, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
A great ending for a great anime
10/10

Now wating for togashi as always
Sep 23, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2013
I was so glad when Ging told those annoying birds to shut up. I'm gonna miss this series. It was one hell of a ride. 9/10
Sep 23, 2014 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
What an amazing trip this has been. Great episode. Gonna miss looking forward to Tuesdays.
Sep 23, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
FEELS X FEELS...
Sep 23, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
In the last few weeks I've started watching HxH and it was a blast. Can't believe I've never noticed this series for the past 3 years and was forcing myself to watch bullshit like One piece & Naruto Shippuden. Good that those days are over.
Sep 23, 2014 2:48 PM

Oct 2013
Here it ends, my favorite show..

“You should enjoy the litlle detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more importante than what you want”
This quote summarizes HxH the best!!!

The CA arc was the most impactful I've seen in the anime industry for me.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sep 23, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
Best anime in the world.
Sep 23, 2014 2:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
TripleSRank said:
Does anyone else find it interesting that Ging's advice seems to promote selflessness, despite the story's portrayal of him and Hunters in general as selfish people?

Just thought of that, since he was essentially saying that relationships/others are more important than what you want/you.

Nice point :) I had mixed feelings when Ging started to talk about how his favorite part of finding the tomb was the expressions on his colleagues' faces. Considering that he hasn't been the best father and how he seemed to have enjoyed predicting/manipulating the outcome of the election, what he said in this last episode felt contradictory to me. But maybe it's just because the whole time we never really knew who Ging was. I did find this conflicting image of hunters/Ging pretty interesting ^^

Anyways, beautiful ending to the anime. Almost teared up when Komugi and Meruem's clasped hands were shown ;_; I'm glad I decided to marathon this and then caught up in time to watch the last few episodes as it came out. Will miss this since it's basically sums up my summer this year.
Sep 23, 2014 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
I remember checking the anime release chart in early October 2011 and seeing HxH. I said why not, there was nothing in special that drawn me to it. Never I knew what I was getting into.

As much as I want, I won't read the manga. I feel like it would break the magic of seeing the story through animation for the first time. I know for sure though I will be re-watching this time and time again, get a hold of the manga chapters in english up to this part of the story if possible, and buy subtitled blurays if that miracle even happens (or normal ones if I get off my lazy ass and learn japanese).
Thanks Madhouse for pouring so much love for this, even when the budget dropped it was clear they wanted to put their heart and soul into this, and I am certainly going to be keeping an eye on their future projects.
removed-userSep 23, 2014 3:03 PM
Sep 23, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2009
All awesome things come to an end; Hunter X Hunter will be missed!
Sep 23, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2013
I liked the little hint at the Dark Continent arc at the end.
Sep 23, 2014 2:59 PM

Sep 2010
Barion-Zara said:
r3birth said:
What's up with Gotoh? Did he not die and was a bunny-thing, or is that a bunny-thing in disguise so that killua doesn't realize Gotoh died?

Yep that was a disguise so that Killua doesn't find out. They just want him to be happy ^^

I'm glad someone cleared that up...i couldn't figure out if he had always been one of those shape changers or if he was filling in to make like Gotoh never died. I couldn't figure out a reason for them to replace him with a shape changer but that explanation makes sense. I'm glad they at least covered that in the end because that was the one thing that was bothering me...it was like no one said anything about poor Gotoh after he died.
Sep 23, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2009
Argh another one of my favorite long standing animes has ended....
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Sep 23, 2014 3:03 PM

Aug 2012
Aw geez, it's actually over isn't it. Well shit. Anyway, Hunter x Hunter 2011 ends as my personal favorite anime, a distinction it won over back during the much lauded Chimera Ant arc & nothing even seems close to it for me anymore. But even without Chimera Ant, it guaranteed itself a spot in my top five with the Yorknew arc, easily providing the two best [shonen] arcs I've seen in anime/manga (finally dethroning the Kyoto Arc from Rurouni Kenshin). & to say it's over is well, gratifying honestly. As someone who skipped ahead the manga way back at the beginning of the Palace Invasion, I was fully aware for a long time that this was the perfect ending place for the anime. I still have the manga, albeit I don't when it'll come back but still. & I'm happy that a series I love that's still ongoing can manage an ending that's really satisfying.

I'm going to briefly go over my thoughts on the actual episode in question. There was a lot of padding here & surprisingly, I liked it. Showing all those flashbacks worked well internally, considering the episode's ending montage. Speaking of that montage, both my biggest compliment & complaint comes from there. Departure being the song was obvious but like Departure for most of it's run, it does not fit with the series. Sometimes sure, it worked, like the beginning but Kurapika during his funeral procession for the eyes of his fellow Kurta? I'd much rather they went with Hyori Ittai, or some instrumental piece crafted specifically for the montage. But hey, the added sequences after Meruem & Komugi's portion (it was foolish of me to ever think the series would end on that note) were great. I especially loved Kurapika's & the quote by Ging, as it one that fits the series as a whole pretty well.

I had about two more paragraphs written here but I deleted them because honestly, it's not enough & serves no purpose. I love Hunter x Hunter, I could talk about it all day but it doesn't need me to talk for it. It's got MrAM for that & he's much better at it than I could ever be. But, it does leave a lot of highlights for me. 135 is the most evocative piece of media I've ever witnessed, I was sobbing like a S.o.B. for all of Meruem's scenes. At most, all other media have elicited a few tears from me. Meruem is my favorite antagonist. Chimera Ant is my all-time favorite story I think. Hyori Ittai is my favorite ED. Kurapika & Killua are both easily two of my favorite protagonists, while Gon is one of the most interesting ones. Meruem vs. Netero is one of my all-time favorite battles & HxH dominates that list (Kastro/Hisoka, Zeno&Silva/Chrollo, Gon/Genthru & Pitou/Gon to name a few). The dodgeball game was one of the funnest things I've seen in anime. I need to wrap this up so, Hisoka, Phantom Troupe & the vast variety between arcs are all other things I love about this series.

A very well-deserved, from everyone at Madhouse to the man himself Togashi, 10/10.
Sep 23, 2014 3:03 PM

Jun 2014
I get they want him to be happy but come on... Gotoh was important to Killua, he has the right to know what happened.
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 23, 2014 3:04 PM

Jan 2014
Nikoka said:
You can (not) smile again ;_;
lol :(

Man this was a great show. It's sad to see it go away after all this time. Tuesdays well never be the same again without Gon and the gang ; _ ;. This show deserves a 9/10.

Sep 23, 2014 3:06 PM
Apr 2013
“You should enjoy the litlle detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want” - Ging Freecss

Thank you Madhouse for such a wonderful adaption. You made a fantastic manga even better. Thank you. 10/10.
Sep 23, 2014 3:09 PM

Dec 2013
BlueXRam said:
I get they want him to be happy but come on... Gotoh was important to Killua, he has the right to know what happened.
It makes me wonder what would happen if Killua found out that Hisoka killed Gotoh. Well actually, I doubt that anybody knows how Gotoh was killed.
Sep 23, 2014 3:10 PM

Dec 2012
julyachan said:
“You should enjoy the litlle detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want”.
Sep 23, 2014 3:11 PM
Jun 2014
HunterxHunter 10/10 best anime of all time. You will be missed :'(

Did anyone else notice the yyh reference http://gyazo.com/f217541345b4addeaed5503ccc68acb5
Sep 23, 2014 3:14 PM

May 2012
Is it over already? Damn what a fast and wonderful ride this show has been. I can not believe it's over. It's no question that Hunter x Hunter is my favorite anime, one that should get way more recognition and now that it has a set ending for the anime, here's hoping more people will pick it up.

The series was just full of great writing and characters. Ging's speech perfectly puts into perspective that meeting between them while long anticipated wasn't meant to be grand thing. It's basically anti-climatic how they meet but Ging perfectly says that “You should enjoy the litlle detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want”. The relationships Gon made and his growth was more important.

I love this show and no doubt it will be discussed for long time. And it wamrs my heart to see how much the team at Madhouse cared and it shows.

But seriously Enough tears people, it's time to invest in the best medical science money can buy to fix Togashi so we can get this anime back in the not too distant future.

Sep 23, 2014 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
Madhouse did a really good job at wrapping the anime up without a true ending. It feels like the series really ended with this arc.
Sep 23, 2014 3:16 PM

Aug 2012
I will greatly miss this anime. :'(
Among my TOP FAVs!!! :)

Can someone tell me which chapter of the manga I should continue reading from, please?

10/10

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Sep 23, 2014 3:18 PM

May 2012
Marhuto said:

Can someone tell me which chapter of the manga I should continue reading from, please?

10/10

Sent with Mal Updater

Chapter 339
Sep 23, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2012
What was the parastye reference?
Mar 2013
best of the best anime of all the time gonna miss it ;----------------; HUNTER X HUNTER GOON KILLUAA EVERYONE uhuhuhuhu ;---------; :'(

Jul 2013
tingy said:
TripleSRank said:
Does anyone else find it interesting that Ging's advice seems to promote selflessness, despite the story's portrayal of him and Hunters in general as selfish people?

Just thought of that, since he was essentially saying that relationships/others are more important than what you want/you.

Nice point :) I had mixed feelings when Ging started to talk about how his favorite part of finding the tomb was the expressions on his colleagues' faces. Considering that he hasn't been the best father and how he seemed to have enjoyed predicting/manipulating the outcome of the election, what he said in this last episode felt contradictory to me. But maybe it's just because the whole time we never really knew who Ging was. I did find this conflicting image of hunters/Ging pretty interesting ^^

Anyways, beautiful ending to the anime. Almost teared up when Komugi and Meruem's clasped hands were shown ;_; I'm glad I decided to marathon this and then caught up in time to watch the last few episodes as it came out. Will miss this since it's basically sums up my summer this year.

Ging is a model for Satotsu, we know since the hunter exam that Ging used his own fortune to preserve ruins and to allow everyone to see them:
http://i32.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/35/hunter-x-hunter-1640871.jpg
http://i32.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/35/hunter-x-hunter-1640876.jpg
http://i11.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/38/hunter-x-hunter-324020.jpg
http://i3.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/38/hunter-x-hunter-324021.jpg
http://i11.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/38/hunter-x-hunter-324022.jpg

Dec 2008
I'm crying because I'm already going through Hisoka withdrawals.

9/10

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 23, 2014 3:25 PM

Aug 2012
bleachjoj said:
Marhuto said:

10/10

Sent with Mal Updater

Chapter 339

Thank you! :)
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Sep 23, 2014 3:26 PM

Jan 2011
Thank you Madhouse for a perfect adaptation of my favorite series, never did I think that you or anyone else actually could do HxH justice. But i'm so happy I was wrong.

Let's hope we'll see a part 2 sometime in the distant future.
Good job and once again, THANK YOU!

10/10
Sep 23, 2014 3:27 PM

Dec 2010
Holy shit.

That was a great way to end the show. There's more in the manga but honestly (except for Kurapika) this series doesn't necessarily need more. What a ride it's been...

10/10.
Sep 23, 2014 3:28 PM
Jul 2013
"Enjoy the little detours, because that's where you'll find the things that are truly important, more important than what it is you are after."

This sentence can actually refer to the whole anime, whole adventure

Beautiful ending to amazing series, I'm satisfied with what we got - It was like one part of Gon's adventure, an ending and also a begining his journey to become Hunter and find his father, and thus the journey continues, with words from his father: "It's and endless world!" , beautiful message

So those animals from episode two replaced Gotoh, probably for Killua, because he would seek revenge on Hisoka and that is not the thing he needs right now, and Kurapika colected Kurta clan's eyes,

I will miss it that is for sure but yeaah, will get used to it in few weeks. I hope so
Sep 23, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2013
Pknoctis said:
Holy shit.

That was a great way to end the show. There's more in the manga but honestly (except for Kurapika) this series doesn't necessarily need more. What a ride it's been...

10/10.

Kurapika, Leorio, possibly Hisoka need expansion and closure as characters imo. Gon and Killua are at a good point where if they wanted to call it quits like they did it could still feel like a just place to stick a fork in their characters.
Sep 23, 2014 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
No comment. It was an amazing ride that was nothing but pure entertainment. This show will be missed for sure.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 23, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2014
It's a MASTERPIECE ANIME! The final montage was awesome, I like it very much, I hope the anime come back soon... Kilua with her sister, the two created the family of killua give a good funeral to one of the good members of his household staff, a team of Kaito-san is all together, Kurapika retrieves the eyes of your Kurata clan, Leorio continues with his studies to become an excellent doctor, two large hunters who were part of the team with the former president of the foundation celebrate with a large drink, the ants are all friends together watching the final episode and the Gon and Ging get together .....
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Sep 23, 2014 3:46 PM
Sep 2012
RagingMan said:
Damn, i'm gonna miss this. If only Togashi wasn't a lazy bastard...

9/10

Wow, really? You actually said that when Togashi-sensei is having some health problems?
Sep 23, 2014 3:46 PM

Dec 2011
Great series ahh I want more! Hopefully we can see a sequel one day!
Sep 23, 2014 3:49 PM

Dec 2013
My god, what a ride! 10/10.

This has been my Tuesday every week, for almost a year now. I'm glad I started this show and by this point I'm moving it to my top 5. So much emotions and goosebumps. Especially loved the full version of Departure! at the end and the flashbacks while climbing the tree.

Thank you Madhouse, Thank you Togashi.
mwsmws22Sep 23, 2014 3:56 PM
Sep 23, 2014 3:50 PM

Aug 2014
Omg, i'm going to miss this anime so badly, i loved it so much <3 <3, prob going to rewatch it. Never seen anything like this, more people should know about this anime, definitely they're going to love it like i do. 10/10 <3 One of my favorite so far.
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Sep 23, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2014
I LOVED this episode. This episode was basically a Ging-Gon bonding episode, as we FINALLY get to see them together, as father and son. Ging explains what he wants, we see a bit of Gon to start us off to remind us what he was like as the beginning of the series, and it was average.

However, the REAL ending is where departure! starts to play, we see all the people Gon met over the series (save for Hisoka, Bisky, Illumi, and others) and we get to see Gon's friends again (MY BOY KURAPIKA) and they have a real happy ending. Can't wait to see the movies.

Other than that, it didn't really feel like a last episode, EP 147 had more of that feel, well except for the panda…..
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Sep 23, 2014 4:00 PM

Mar 2009
ninjastarforcex said:
julyachan said:
“You should enjoy the litlle detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more importante than what you want”.

actually very nice quote by a scumbag hobo

Haha!

Well, what's there to say? Thank you, Madhouse. Thank you, Togashi. It's been a wonderful three years. Hunter x Hunter 2011 was like trapping lightning in a bottle. It was an amazing shonen adaptation where everything just seemed to work out perfectly. Directing, Togashi's writing, music, animation, etc. This doesn't happen too often.

A few people in the thread mentioned the time when Hunter x Hunter and Space Brothers aired alongside one another. Good times, and for me, there won't be anything to replace those two long-running shows. It was sad when Space Brothers ended(I still hope it returns one day), and now it's devastating that Hunter x Hunter is over. Sucks that they're both gone now.

Anyway, that's that.
I'd like to write more, but honestly, I'm emotionally drained after watching the final episode. I'm going to miss this show a lot. Please get well soon, Togashi. Please get back to writing.

Btw, the shot of Meruem and Komugi holding hands killed me on the inside. :(
Sep 23, 2014 4:00 PM

Mar 2013
I can't believe it's over. The best show I've ever seen. No joke.
I will really miss this. ):
No other anime can ever compare to HxH. Glorious, in every sense of the word.
Togashi, thank you for this.
10/10 just because I couldn't give it an 11.
Sep 23, 2014 4:01 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
That was a great adventure 9/10 to the series :) .
Sep 23, 2014 4:04 PM

May 2012
So Ging wanted to be an astronaut... LOL

Anyway, AT LEAST THERE'S NO "Owari" or "End" at the end of the episode. Does it mean they're going to come back? :"> I NEED THEM TO COME BACK T.T
Sep 23, 2014 4:05 PM
May 2013
..and so it ends. Thank you Togashi, and thank you Madhouse, for HxH. 10/10
Sep 23, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
I thank Togashi for the amazing content you've drawn and written through your hardships.

I thank Madhouse for the amazing work you've put into adapting the series, excellent art work, animation, pacing, directing and music. There genuinely isn't anything that I wanna criticize on your work.

I thank the voice actors for the emotion and love that you've shown and given to your characters.

Thank you.
Sep 23, 2014 4:20 PM

Feb 2014

Amazing. That's all there has to be said about this series.

Coming into it, I thought people were just glamouring over this series for no good reason but last June I finally gave this show a go and I have to say that it surprised the hell out of me. I think what took my really too me off-guard is that this isn't a series about saving the world or trying to beat some big evil or something, this is just a straight up adventure into an unknown world. Kind of like a kid heading off to college. There isn't really any purpose, besides the characters doing things that they see as right, just like everyday humans. We have goals and ideals that we want to pursue in our lives and world, and they're doing the same thing. There's no chosen heroes or something, we're watching Gon and Killua grow up in their world. Of course, Gon and Killua aren't just normal people and they were involved in some big things, but it's fiction after all. Hunter x Hunter I think could go on forever because the world is always changing, there's always something next, just like our lives. It never just stops, there's always something to be done and do even after they've completed something big like beating the Chimera Ants.

This show is a masterpiece, or at least close it. I don't think we'll get a series quite like this for some time, but hopefully this series will inspire other manga artists, directors, and writers alike on how to develop a unique and awesome shounen.

This series definitely gets a spot in my top 10 and I give it a 10/10. Period.
Sep 23, 2014 4:20 PM

Feb 2014
Fantastic job Madhouse, you out did yourselves! 10/10 a true masterpiece, I really really hope Madhouse continue this in 2-3 years time instead of starting from the beginning. Boy, that was incredible!
Where the fuck did Monday go?
Sep 23, 2014 4:21 PM

Jul 2011
This has been an amazing journey. Goodbye my friend, and thank you.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikasa - May 26, 2012

158 by Nerdason »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - May 19, 2012

239 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kamuki - May 12, 2012

182 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - May 5, 2012

109 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:59 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mirorin - Apr 28, 2012

99 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.