Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (43) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2014 4:40 AM
Feb 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Vanihm said:

That's EXACTLY why Inaho shouldn't have shot Slaine down. Keep your friends close. Keep your enimies CLOSER. At the very least they should have picked him up and taken him prisoner. That way he'd be locked up where he can't do any more damage. Instead he deliberately left him RIGHT NEXT TO A DESTROYED MECH that the martians were obviously going to look for, thereby guaranteeing that he would get picked up by the Martians. That is what ultimately came back to haunt Inaho.

Leaving him behind was indeed a mistake that I won't deny. Shooting him down however was justified as Slaine shot him first instead of answering his questions

Saline didn't shoot first - just pointed a cannon at him. That was prestty stupid, but you could hear from Slaines voice "are... you...?" That he was hesitating enough to allow him time to explain that the princess was there of her own volition. Or just make up some lame excuse. Besides, Inaho's questions were really wierd... "what if she is being exploited?" What are you supposed to say to that? If Inaho really had had some kind of sinister motive than that would have been a cool scene, but instead he goes up in the next scene and asks if she feels she is being exploited. Lame.
Sep 22, 2014 4:41 AM

Apr 2008
Vanihm said:
Darklight0303 said:

Leaving him behind was indeed a mistake that I won't deny. Shooting him down however was justified as Slaine shot him first instead of answering his questions

Saline didn't shoot first - just pointed a cannon at him. That was prestty stupid, but you could hear from Slaines voice "are... you...?" That he was hesitating enough to explain that the princess was there of her own volition. Or just make up some lame excuse. Besides, Inaho's questions were really wierd... "what if she is being exploited?" What are you supposed to say to that? If Inaho really had had some kind of sinister motive than that would have been a cool scene, but instead he goes up in the next scene and asks if she feels she is being exploited. Lame.

He did shoot first. Look at the scene again. You see the Double Barrel of the turretr fire first and then Inaho's gun fire one fraction of a second after.

The weird question came after Slaine already ignored the opening question. Sorry. Slaine fucked up every step of the way
Sep 22, 2014 4:58 AM

Sep 2014
The princess is totally alive. That necklace Slaine gave her. It was a lucky charm. It's clearly one of those things that have Tezuka Zone ability, given earlier in the series then saves them from death (bullet shot in the case of Seylum).

Let justice be done though the heavens fall. Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Piso's justice. Don't you think it has been reenacted in this series?
TokuiSeiSep 22, 2014 5:01 AM
"Where is the good? In the will. Where is the evil? In the will. Where is neither of them? In those things that are independent of the will."

-Epictetus
Sep 22, 2014 5:14 AM

Jan 2009
Huh, this kind of ending. Having some mixed feelings. I liked how the showdown turned out between the mechas, but the ending? I have no idea.

I get this feeling Slaine could be an antagonist or somekind of anti-hero in the next season. Especially since he's got a mecha of his own now.
Sep 22, 2014 5:16 AM

Apr 2008
I3rawler said:
Huh, this kind of ending. Having some mixed feelings. I liked how the showdown turned out between the mechas, but the ending? I have no idea.

I get this feeling Slaine could be an antagonist or somekind of anti-hero in the next season. Especially since he's got a mecha of his own now.

100% antagonist material. He's gone insane
Sep 22, 2014 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
So Slaine saves the guy he knows is trying to kill the princess but then gets surprised when he goes ahead and kills her?

I'm pretty sure at least one out of Inaho and the princess is still alive. Lets just wait and see.
Sep 22, 2014 6:07 AM
Oct 2010
revx said:

I thought that the reason the emperor had 180'd on the investigation plan was because his most trusted knight had told him not to trust the Terran (Slaine). Also, when you mentioned the "roundabout convoluted shit", that was only for the ceasefire period (If I am on the same page). After that period, Count "I forgot his name" attacked relentlessly.

It wasn't even a matter of trusting Saaz over slaine, the emperor instigated the investigation idea without any external influences (like Saaz or Slaine). They initially portrayed him as a wise person, only to completely throw that away afterward in the same episode. There's literally no reason why the investigation should not have continued.. I mean even the emperor at the beginning questioned why the terrans would even assassinate her.

By roundabout convoluted shit I'm referring to their reason for starting the war in the first place. The fact is, they didn't really need a reason other than they wanted earth. There's no one to hold them accountable (like Marito mentioned in episode 11) so they didn't need to do all these grand schemes just to attack them.
Sep 22, 2014 6:20 AM

Jul 2007
azuredrak said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Please people don't tell me that you believe Inaho was really dead, plot twist: no he is not.

This kind of setting which kills mc then several episode later on he comes back is not rare to see(aka shingeki no kyojin).

Whatever though, since I'm not interested in Inaho, its quite amusing to watch Slaine break down after Hime was shot, and I do believe that she is dead, for real this time.

I don't think it is about whether the main characters are dead, rather, it is about how absurd the plot development would be if they aren't dead. Princess shot in the back, then shot in the head. Inaho shot in the head. How are they going to keep these characters alive? By gathering the dragonballs?

We never see Princess being clearly shot in the head and we heard helmet-thingy-sound soshe is 100% surely alive.

Inaho is ~75% surely alive.
Sep 22, 2014 6:21 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
azuredrak said:

I don't think it is about whether the main characters are dead, rather, it is about how absurd the plot development would be if they aren't dead. Princess shot in the back, then shot in the head. Inaho shot in the head. How are they going to keep these characters alive? By gathering the dragonballs?

We never see Princess being clearly shot in the head and we heard helmet-thingy-sound soshe is 100% surely alive.

Inaho is ~75% surely alive.

Uh the helmet thing is just an airbag tho...
Sep 22, 2014 6:38 AM

Jan 2011
It's not like Inaho and princess would be the first characters to ever survive a headshot.
Sep 22, 2014 6:45 AM

Oct 2010
People can die from smaller injuries, but of course when it comes to main characters they will stay alive even when they are shot a few times and lying there in a pool of blood for quite some time. Because they're main characters. Ugh I can't believe this shit they're giving us. If they really stay alive this is gonna become laughable.
Sep 22, 2014 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
Darklight0303 said:
thor94 said:

How many time we must repeat: Slaine open the shot FIRST, inaho just hit back, the only difference is Slaine is terrible as accuracy and inaho is good sniper. and inaho is not stupid to let a martian soldier meet the princess without explanation after all other martian attempted to kill her.

Feels like you're talking to a wall doesn't it? You'd think the pages upon pages from that episode would have hammered the point home but noooooooooooooooooooooooope.

Lol, it's not like it changes the fact that he still pointed his gun against him, does it? He told him to step away from the princess but nope. Inaho could've made that decision himself.
And so, he shot. I don't think he had the right state of mind to make empty threats.

Why are you still arguing about this? I've stated my opinion and you won't change yours, I've achieved my goal.
"I want to protect that smile"
Sep 22, 2014 6:56 AM
Oct 2007
ex_necross said:
It could just be a censorship thing. I'm not sure if a pg-13 is allowed to show a bullet going right through a kid's head. Could be wrong though. The more I watch the scene, the more it looks like it could have hit the side of his head rather than the middle.

catullus said:
having rewatched the final part again two things. I think Princess and Inaho aren't dead.
Slaine is obviously a terrible shot and even though Inaho got shot, it never shows the wound close up nor does it show the princess' head after she is shot.
My theory is that it looks like Slaine grazed Inaho which caused a large wound but not enough of one to cause death without time to save him.

I'm with the two theories above. The scene(s) of Slaine's inability to finish Saazbum might have been deliberate to pave way for the next scene with Inaho.
markiemarkSep 22, 2014 6:59 AM
Sep 22, 2014 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
Nice Ending. It success makes me laugh..

Sep 22, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2013
Slaine could activate Aldnoah, so we know that something weird is going on. One could think as far as "maybe he received something from Asseylum when she saved his life?"
You know, she more or less kissed him.
Know who else has kissed the princess? Inaho.
Asseylum had no double when she was "killed" in the first episode - she's immortal.
So is Inaho.
Sep 22, 2014 7:33 AM

Jul 2013
Hanasanaide said:
Slaine could activate Aldnoah, so we know that something weird is going on. One could think as far as "maybe he received something from Asseylum when she saved his life?"
Asseylum had no double when she was "killed" in the first episode - she's immortal.
So is Inaho.

Do you even watch? Eddelrittuo stated that a double was used because she's not feeling well in the earlier episodes.

We don't even if it was Slaine who activated the Aldnoah Drive in Tharsis, Cruhteo could be alive for all we know, given that he could deactivate the drive by his will to fake his death, though the chances are quite slim, it's not impossible.

Sep 22, 2014 7:35 AM

Apr 2008
EasyGo-er said:
Hanasanaide said:
So is Inaho.

Do you even watch? Eddelrittuo stated that a double was used because she's not feeling well in the earlier episodes.

We don't even if it was Slaine who activated Aldnoah Drive in Tharsis, Cruhteo could be alive for all we know, given that he could deactivate the drive to fake his death, though the chances are quite slim, it's not impossible.

Please let Cruhteo be alive. I will even remove one sin off of Slaine's list if he is
Sep 22, 2014 7:44 AM

Jul 2013
EasyGo-er said:
Hanasanaide said:
So is Inaho.

We don't even if it was Slaine who activated the Aldnoah Drive in Tharsis, Cruhteo could be alive for all we know, given that he could deactivate the drive by his will to fake his death, though the chances are quite slim, it's not impossible.

That was such an obvious lie.
HanasanaideSep 22, 2014 7:59 AM
Sep 22, 2014 8:03 AM

Jul 2013
Internet should not be trusted, lol.
Sep 22, 2014 8:25 AM
Jan 2014
Just saw an earlier version of the episode. Going to spoiler tag

So yeah....
Sep 22, 2014 8:46 AM

Jul 2013
Endycia said:

So yeah....

This just reminds me more and more of 'that' show.
Sep 22, 2014 8:48 AM
Jan 2014
Hanasanaide said:
Endycia said:

So yeah....

Funny enough I don't get the reference x)

EDIT:
Sep 22, 2014 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
Hanasanaide said:
EasyGo-er said:

What lie? lol

Sep 22, 2014 8:53 AM

May 2011
Mariola-chan said:
People can die from smaller injuries, but of course when it comes to main characters they will stay alive even when they are shot a few times and lying there in a pool of blood for quite some time. Because they're main characters. Ugh I can't believe this shit they're giving us. If they really stay alive this is gonna become laughable.

And if they're dead there's no point in having a 2nd season (a few OVAs maybe but an entire season?) which is why exactly this ending was at the worst possible place. There's no way they can pull a 2nd season that's good at this point. They should have just left it as it is.
Sep 22, 2014 8:55 AM
Aug 2011
Loved the whole anime , but hated that end lol , i just hope that Princess and Inaho are still alive !
Sep 22, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
Endycia said:
Hanasanaide said:

EDIT:

Indeed c;
Sep 22, 2014 9:32 AM

Jul 2013
EasyGo-er said:
Hanasanaide said:

What lie? lol

Maybe Edel is on the whole thing? Or Asseylum might be the one lying to everyone. Ooooor something even more complex than that?

Well well, it's either something like that or we're just thinking too much about it and the show is just another cliché (which it has already has proven itself to be when it comes to character relations)~
But I feel like it could happen.
Sep 22, 2014 9:34 AM

Sep 2014
Endycia said:

So yeah....

The princess was probably saved by that necklace given by Slaine. It was a lucky charm after all. However, Inaho? The next season is going to be ridiculous.
"Where is the good? In the will. Where is the evil? In the will. Where is neither of them? In those things that are independent of the will."

-Epictetus
Sep 22, 2014 9:41 AM

Sep 2014
Endycia said:
Hanasanaide said:

EDIT:

Can you share a download link for it ? Nyaa etc everythink is fine
Sep 22, 2014 9:46 AM

Apr 2008
orangedeus said:
Endycia said:

So yeah....

The princess was probably saved by that necklace given by Slaine. It was a lucky charm after all. However, Inaho? The next season is going to be ridiculous.

Not sure how the necklace would save her from the headshot
Sep 22, 2014 9:50 AM

Sep 2014
chickenonthepan said:
From Animesuki forum

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-27068.html

虚淵氏「アルドノアのラストは俺のせいじゃねぇーからっ」「原案ではイナホと姫は恋仲になり姫がスレインに 連れ去られて1話が終わる話だった」

先にいっとくとサイコパス2期で誰か死んでも俺のせいじゃねぇから!冲方さんだから!」 

He said that:

Urobuchi Gen: "Aldnoah's final episode isn't my fault." "In my original scenario, the final episode saw Inaho and Asseylum 'becoming lovers' before she gets taken away by Slaine."

"If you're ahead [of Psycho Pass], it is not my fault if someone also dies in Psycho Pass 2! It is Ubukata-san's."

Well, isn't that basically what happened?

This new writer just want to dramatize things and create cliffhanger...

I can guarantee that both Inaho and Asseylum are alive.

Also, stop blaming Gen for this. His ending is way more optimistic...

So we can assume that both are alive and the new writer just added more drama and a cliffhanger..
Sep 22, 2014 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
Thank God, I am so glad Inaho finally died, I had been begging to god for Slaine to kill that faggot for the past 11 episodes.

Sad to see the Innocent Militarily/Politically illiterate princess peach die, but to see Inaho get his face blown off by Slaine... the sacrifice was worth it :D

God Inaho was the worst character in this series....

Can't wait for season 2, without Inaho, it can only get better :D.

Thought I am semi-hoping/thinking that the Princess will come back and we will have a nice Slaine banging Princess scene. Well its Gen. Urobuchi, it was weird for him not to kill her twice, but it explains why, because her death this episode was a lot more powerful than it would've been before.

And I can't wait for Slaine's character development in the next season :D If Princess died earlier then maybe even Inaho would get some development lol.
AppoXSep 22, 2014 9:57 AM
I am a human.
Sep 22, 2014 10:05 AM

Apr 2008
AppoX said:
Thank God, I am so glad Inaho finally died, I had been begging to god for Slaine to kill that faggot for the past 11 episodes.

Sad to see the Innocent Militarily/Politically illiterate princess peach die, but to see Inaho get his face blown off by Slaine... the sacrifice was worth it :D

Can't wait for season 2, without Inaho, it can only get better :D.

Thought I am semi-hoping/thinking that the Princess will come back and we will have a nice Slaine banging Princess scene. Well its Gen. Urobuchi, it was weird for him not to kill her twice, but it explains why, because her death this episode was a lot more powerful than it would've been before.

And I can't wait for Slaine's character development in the next season :D If Princess died earlier then maybe even Inaho would get some development lol.

Slaine is broken. There's going to be no development other than him spiraling into the role of a villain since that's what his pathetic husk is good for anymore
Sep 22, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:

Slaine is broken. There's going to be no development other than him spiraling into the role of a villain since that's what his pathetic husk is good for anymore

You must be exhausted hating on Slaine so much as of late. Try looking at it from his perspective maybe then you'll realise how wrong you are?
Sep 22, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
I thought it was hilarious they tried to pass the CPR scene as a romantic connection between Inaho and the princess. I liked the show and enjoyed the battles. As always, Sawano's music complement action very well. As far as Slaine goes, can't judge his actions without any insight. Rather than a good/bad character, I'd say he had no character. Their actions are dictated by plot. Same with most of the others.

Considering the writing in this show, I'd be surprised if they can actually stay dead.
QuattroVaginasSep 22, 2014 10:18 AM
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 22, 2014 10:17 AM

Apr 2008
TheIMF said:
Darklight0303 said:

You must be exhausted hating on Slaine so much as of late. Try looking at it from his perspective maybe then you'll realise how wrong you are?

I have which is why his actions are still stupid given his set of goals and reason for living. Sorry. He fails as a character in every possible way and is nothing but a bruised beaten dog that's gone rabid at the end of this season.
Sep 22, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
Dat OP theme.
Dat new robot.
Dat Inaho kicking ass as always.
DAT spanking Megazord/Voltron fusion upgrade.
Dat Inaho kicking ass again.
Dat retarded Slaine #1 pointing a hand gun at a giant Lego robot.
Dat giant robot fist fight.
Dat poor loli (hope she's dead).
Dat unexplained Tharsis power on.
Dat envious Saazbaum.
Dat retarded Slaine #2 saving Saazbaum, when the princess is literally within a 100 meter radius at most.
Dat shot on princess. Didn't get the heart though :(
Dat headshot on princess. Inb4 she's still alive next cour.
Dat retarded Slaine #3 killing Inaho for no reason (well maybe he blames Inaho for bringing princess to the castle and causing her death, which would make him a hypocrite or in denial since he is also equally, if not mostly, at fault. Or just crazy/retarded).

"Her whereabouts are unkown." Yup, good chance of staying alive. Not much hope for Inaho but I would be surprised if they are both dead.

Action was entertaining I guess, 2.5/5 episode. Was not that great of a finale, cliff hanger was obvious too and based on this cour everything will still be okay next season.

7/10 series. Will watch second cour, hopefully it gets better.
BotatoSep 22, 2014 11:20 AM
Sep 22, 2014 10:39 AM
Jun 2014
Cruhteo is dead, if he can survive literally disintegrating from a plasma beam/sword/whatever, I'm gonna lose my shit.
Cruhteo was the best character though ;_;
Sep 22, 2014 10:40 AM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:

I have which is why his actions are still stupid given his set of goals and reason for living. Sorry. He fails as a character in every possible way and is nothing but a bruised beaten dog that's gone rabid at the end of this season.

I don't think you have, at least not properly, because if you had, then you'd understand Slaine's actions. Instead you offer nothing but unchecked vitriol.
Sep 22, 2014 10:49 AM
Sep 2014
TheIMF said:
Darklight0303 said:

His perspective sucks, he finds out that Vers wants to kill the princess and proceeds to tell high ranking people most likely in the loop about it before maybe alerting the Earth forces or something logical, he leads Vers right to the princess when he escapes to somehow help her despite being useless and then ends everything on a high note by saving the man that wanted her dead. Asseylum was working together with the Earth as far as anyone with a clear mind could tell but he only cared about himself and his delusions to see that he was trampling all over her good intentions.
Bonus: his good luck charm sucks.
Sep 22, 2014 10:51 AM

Apr 2008
Vlazeon said:
TheIMF said:

His perspective sucks, he finds out that Vers wants to kill the princess and proceeds to tell high ranking people most likely in the loop about it before maybe alerting the Earth forces or something logical, he leads Vers right to the princess when he escapes to somehow help her despite being useless and then ends everything on a high note by saving the man that wanted her dead. Asseylum was working together with the Earth as far as anyone with a clear mind could tell but he only cared about himself and his delusions to see that he was trampling all over her good intentions.
Bonus: his good luck charm sucks.

All true
Sep 22, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2007
2nd part will be pointless without the princess, won't watch if she's really dead.
Sep 22, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2007
AppoX said:

Sep 22, 2014 11:00 AM
Jun 2014
I'll eat my hat if they're both dead.
lol
Sep 22, 2014 11:02 AM

Feb 2013
With that kind of ending, OHHHH THE POSSIBILITIES

Unlike a lot of the elitists in this discussion, I am looking forward to the season 2. Not for story, nor characters. I just wanna see it get more and more fucked up :D
Sep 22, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2008
Boush said:

Unlike a lot of the elitists in this discussion, I am looking forward to the season 2. Not for story, nor characters. I just wanna see it get more and more fucked up :D

Hey nothing wrong with admitting you like tragedies and bad ends :P
Sep 22, 2014 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
Bad ending makes me want second season. Poor Slaine, you gonna pay :D
Sep 22, 2014 11:12 AM

Jul 2013
I still have this split opinion.. One says "Oh god, Slaine is a psychotic stalker, he'll so die in the second cour" and the other one says "B-but, I like Slaine D;" ._.

I still can't get it into my head, even with all these stupid discussions I still feel so empty.
Remember his speech? Remember the first scene, where he bids farewell? The flashbacks?
I never thought they'd turn such a sweet character into what he became in the final minutes, it ruined everything for me.
And I still can't hate him.
It's eleven episodes against one.
Fuck me and my shipping problems.
Sep 22, 2014 11:14 AM

Apr 2008
Maryruss said:
Bad ending makes me want second season. Poor Slaine, you gonna pay :D

Watching Slaine's spiral into annihilation will be entertaining indeed.
Sep 22, 2014 11:15 AM

Nov 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Boush said:

Hey nothing wrong with admitting you like tragedies and bad ends :P
Well, sometimes they feel lame. Depending on how they are done, and on the person reading/watching of course.
Pages (43) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.