Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 20, 2014 2:16 AM

Jan 2014
the next episode should be beginning of the new arc.
Sep 20, 2014 2:21 AM
Mar 2014
I can't wait to see new opening :D (it has to be a new one)
Sep 20, 2014 3:19 AM
Aug 2014
This episode officially is the ending of the Daimatsu Enbu-arc. We see how Natsu and the rest are going back to Magnolia.

We see that Cobra knows about something that has to do with the last great dark guild: Tartarus, so this could mean that Tartarus will be the next opponent for Fairy Tail.

Also a very emotional scene with Gray and Ultear who turned into an old lady. The episode was great and let's see in which new great arc we will get next!!

Also hope we get to see Ultear again in the future.

The episode gets a: 8
Sep 20, 2014 3:22 AM

Jul 2007
Hopefully the best arc in fairy tail starts soon. Can't wait for it.
Sep 20, 2014 3:30 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:

We have the sun Village arc before that one
Sep 20, 2014 3:48 AM
Jan 2011
Goodbye... my loved ones.

Completely lost it at that point.
Sep 20, 2014 3:52 AM
Oct 2013
NoulisVraxati said:
A great episode... the Ultear and Grey feels were strong in this one T_T, can someone tell me cuz i don't read the manga what happens to Ultear after that? Has she appeared again or not so far? put it on a spoiler tag so you don't spoiler others that don't want to find out, i'm a huge Ultear fun and i really want to know!
Sep 20, 2014 4:07 AM

Jul 2011
blfan said:
We hit the big 200 a milestone event, and it is this emotional episode that me so sad especially at the end.

On the bright side, Ultear is alive so she knows she did good with giving back a minute, at least I hope she does. The down side, Ultear is an old lady, the Ultear we all know and love is dead. Looks like Gray, Jellal, and Meredy, they all think she is dead, and that is what she wants.

We also find out, the memories of the council have been altered and Doranbolt as this hex powers, I think he used that power to get on the council, I think maybe he is a reform ex con who is trying to right his wrongs and no one remembers him. Anyway Cobra went back to jail willingly, I guess there is a honor because he didn't live up to his end of the bargin and slay a dragon, he wants to protects the rest of the Oracion Seis from the gates of hell, which could mean Tartarus the final dark guild of the Ballem Alliance.

Anyway the ending was so sad especially the part when Gray said he lost both mother and daughter, I do like that moment seeing Jellal be all big brother to Meredy, that is nice seeing that side of him, it does mirror Erza because she is pretty the big sister of Fairy Tail, anyway Ultear you will be missed, hopefully we will see her again, and be back to younger self, maybe someone can figure something out. It can't end like Hiro. Great episode eventhough it made me cry. Happy 200 Fairy Tail the same week we celebrate 400 chapters.

Next week, Fairy Tail is back home and for once everyone in town loves them, also looks like Lucy is getting married. Mavis and Zereff square off.

wow that episode made me very sad too. Actually there's a knot in my throat from trying not to cry. :( Poor gray, Jellal and Meredy. They "lost' a great "friend".

Yeah I hope they can figure out to bring her to her actual self. I mean I think Gray knows that old lady was Ultear. HE can go look for her later on.

I wonder why everyone was crying though, in the next episode preview. And what's up with Lucy. She looked nervous?sad?

Also Mavis and Zeref? what?? I wonder what's going on there?!
Sep 20, 2014 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Honestly, the Ultear time reversing bit is the only bit of this arc that felt well done.
Sep 20, 2014 4:46 AM

May 2013
Ultear became an old lady. Time took its toll on her. Maybe Jellal and Meredy didn't notice that the old lady was Ultear. Gray felt the sadness too and blames himself for that.
Sep 20, 2014 5:44 AM

May 2014
Goodbye Ultear ... we won't forget you ;_;

And so, FT has 200 episodes ^ ^ Why does MAL separated FT in two?
Sep 20, 2014 6:24 AM

Oct 2013
This episode gave me goosebumps.

Sep 20, 2014 6:34 AM
Nov 2010
I'm not sure if making Ultear old was supposed to be a thing better than her death. I personally dislike it.
Sep 20, 2014 6:34 AM

Jan 2014
So, Zeref returns next episode? Awesome!!

Also:
ragglefraggles said:
This episode made me Ul...tear.
(silence)

Hahahaa
Sep 20, 2014 6:42 AM

May 2013
Ul ;-;

The Tartaros arc is about to begin...
Sep 20, 2014 7:14 AM

Aug 2014
Happy 200th episode Fairy Tail!
Sep 20, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
What a beautiful serene morning. I love this add on scene with old Ultear at the beginning. She looks so happy more than she ever was before.
Its feel like it'd been so long that I see team Natsu together without fighting any enemy.
Hahahha. You really can't expect Erza to be a designer.
Ooh. So they add a part with Cobra there. It's made any sense at the later chapter.

Noo.. Ultear.. Gray..
Gaahhh, i swear there are Ninja somewhere around here that cutting too much onions.
Google first, ask later
Sep 20, 2014 8:03 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

For me its just introductory part of the same arc, tbh. Its no different than the(manga) part between Tenrou Island and GMG.
Sep 20, 2014 8:04 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

For me its just introductory part of the same arc, tbh. Its no different than the(manga) part between Tenrou Island and GMG.

Yeah that's true I prefer to think of it as one whole arc as well.
Sep 20, 2014 8:18 AM

Aug 2014
More GrayXWendy moments :D

So glad they fill up those logic holes, and I'm so glad that they remember Natsu is already anti-motion sickness resistant.

Damn the feels.
Gray notices Ultear, but Jellal and Meldy didn't.

Can't wait for the next episode. Finally get to see more Zeref.
Sep 20, 2014 8:23 AM

Sep 2013
Natsu x Lucy are getting married next week ;)

Tomislavr7 said:
I'm not sure if making Ultear old was supposed to be a thing better than her death. I personally dislike it.

She was supposed to die when she cast the spell, but she still had a bit of time left to say goodbye :(
Sep 20, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah I am not liking that anime decided to do an asspull and let Urtear live. That is one BIG downside for this otherwise good episode. Meh
Sep 20, 2014 8:30 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Yeah I am not liking that anime decided to do an asspull and let Urtear live. That is one BIG downside for this otherwise good episode. Meh

Uh pretty sure she's still dying. They didn't change anything. Just showed her morning before she went to see the others and say goodbye @@
Sep 20, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

Uh pretty sure she's still dying. They didn't change anything. Just showed her morning before she went to see the others and say goodbye @@

Which means she died offscreen or will die offscreen which does not matter as death.

She was supposed to die at the spell. That was one saving grace for this arc. An actual onscreen death.

While I appreciate the emotional impact of this, some of it was already there and anime version of GMG pretty much has no redeeming qualities now.
Sep 20, 2014 8:47 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

Which means she died offscreen or will die offscreen which does not matter as death.

She was supposed to die at the spell. That was one saving grace for this arc. An actual onscreen death.

While I appreciate the emotional impact of this, some of it was already there and anime version of GMG pretty much has no redeeming qualities now.

Err she didn't die at the spell in the manga either....
Sep 20, 2014 8:52 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

I am pretty sure she got a bit to monologue at that and then we never saw her again.
Sep 20, 2014 8:58 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

I am pretty sure she got a bit to monologue at that and then we never saw her again.

THe only thing this episode added was the scene at the cafe and the talk with the announcer dude. Every part with the old lady other than that did happen in the manga too
Sep 20, 2014 9:00 AM

Dec 2009
It seems there will be a filer arc starting in octomber
https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/513283504126169088

Fai said:

It was the same way in the manga
Sep 20, 2014 9:03 AM

Apr 2008
hyperwarp said:

Fai said:

Looks like an enforcer character alright
Sep 20, 2014 9:15 AM

Jul 2007
hyperwarp said:

Fai said:

Hopefully short one till the certain greatest arc of them all ends in manga

Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

THe only thing this episode added was the scene at the cafe and the talk with the announcer dude. Every part with the old lady other than that did happen in the manga too

oh? oh well its not like I paid attention to that portion of the manga anyway. GMG was pretty much "let's read every three panels to see if anything decent starts happening"
Sep 20, 2014 9:21 AM

Jul 2013
hyperwarp said:

Fai said:

When watching this episode I already figured as much. This really seems like the perfect moment to start some filler arc(s) after all...

Very nice episode btw
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Sep 20, 2014 9:30 AM

Oct 2013
Congratulations Fairy Tail for making it to episode 200,

And HOLY COW the animation was beautiful this episode.

It looked better than the 1st series.

Let all them tears out Gray, and its sad to see Ultear like that.

hmmm a wedding dress Lucy, .........Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up for that again.
Sep 20, 2014 9:43 AM
Oct 2009
AvoidedDoughnut said:
This episode has made me supper hyped for the next, Also it makes you wonder by what Cobra said when he was being detained.

I think after that cliff hanger, Cobra will definitely be seen again as maybe a side antagonist once again for those who feel he could have been a darker character!?

What's there to wonder about? The Demon Generals are the Oracion Seis, and the gates of the underworld refers to the dark guild Tartaros. Every guild's name is written with kanji that means something similar to their actual name ("Oracion Seis" is written as 六魔将軍, which means "Six Demon Generals"; "Tartaros" is written as 冥府の門, meaning "Gates of the Underworld").

Simply put, Cobra is gonna bust his guild out of prison, and Tartaros will be making their move soon.

hyperwarp said:

Interesting character design. It's nice knowing that Hiro Mashima gets some involvement in these filler arcs, even if the execution lacks. Michelle was the best part about the last arc; let's hope this new girl doesn't disappoint.
haitoginSep 20, 2014 10:00 AM
Sep 20, 2014 10:04 AM

May 2011
Hibiki07 said:
Goodbye Ultear ... we won't forget you ;_;

And so, FT has 200 episodes ^ ^ Why does MAL separated FT in two?

There was a hiatus after episode 175 i think because the anime caught up to the manga.
Sep 20, 2014 10:05 AM
May 2014
Mangas better.
Sep 20, 2014 10:57 AM
Dec 2012
Leorks said:
Mangas better.

I agree. The anime seems really slow paced to me, and the animation didn't improve that much either. I figured we were getting a filler arc after this, I just hope it's better than the Starry Sky arc. :/ I wasn't fond of that at all.
Sep 20, 2014 11:03 AM

Apr 2008
Aquamine-Amarine said:
Leorks said:
Mangas better.

I agree. The anime seems really slow paced to me, and the animation didn't improve that much either. I figured we were getting a filler arc after this, I just hope it's better than the Starry Sky arc. :/ I wasn't fond of that at all.

Starry sky arc is canon though as made clear by Mashima
Sep 20, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2007
Aquamine-Amarine said:
Leorks said:
Mangas better.

THat's not filler since it happened offscreen in the manga.
Sep 20, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
hyperwarp said:

Here's a translation from tumblr http://melllllly.tumblr.com/post/97962313154

"There will be an original anime arc from October onwards. Mashima is in charge of the rough plot and character design. The name of the new character that will be featured in the arc is still a secret."

It's also being reported that the omake Sabertooth and She's Erza are being animated in October but when asked about 413 days and Natsu and Asuka he said “Fufufu. That’s still a secret.” http://melllllly.tumblr.com/post/97472767114
Sep 20, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2007
Aqua-11 said:
hyperwarp said:

http://melllllly.tumblr.com/post/97962313154 translation

"There will be an original anime arc from October onwards. Mashima is in charge of the rough plot and character design. The name of the new character that will be featured in the arc is still a secret."

It's also being reported that the omake Sabertooth and She's Erza are being animated in October but when asked about 413 days and Natsu and Asuka he said “Fufufu. That’s still a secret.” http://melllllly.tumblr.com/post/97472767114

Yeah they will most likely add all of it which makes sense.

Also Mashima working on the story arc means it will be referenced in manga just like summoner arc was, makng it canon.
Sep 20, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Aqua-11 said:

http://melllllly.tumblr.com/post/97962313154 translation

Yeah they will most likely add all of it which makes sense.

Also Mashima working on the story arc means it will be referenced in manga just like summoner arc was, makng it canon.

Pretty much. I can't wait to see what is gonna be the story for this arc
Sep 20, 2014 12:48 PM
Dec 2012
I can't remember the Starry Sky arc being mentioned in the manga? When did that happen?

I never consider anime only events as canon. That's just me though.
Sep 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2008
Aquamine-Amarine said:
I can't remember the Starry Sky arc being mentioned in the manga? When did that happen?

Yukino mentioned it as the ZENTOPIA incident and how it had made the Celestial Spirit mages even more rare than they already were
Sep 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Aquamine-Amarine said:

Yukino mentioned it as the ZENTOPIA incident and how it had made the Celestial Spirit mages even more rare than they already were

And certain thing from the story arc was shown on-panel.
Sep 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

And certain thing from the story arc was shown on-panel.

And Cobra's design
Sep 20, 2014 1:26 PM
Dec 2013
The feels in this episode... I tried as hard as I could not to cry and still failed ;(
Sep 20, 2014 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
Sep 20, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2010
ragglefraggles said:
This episode made me Ul...tear.
(silence)

Yeah :(

Lucy in a wedding dress next ep? :O
I wonder what thats about....
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 20, 2014 3:59 PM

Feb 2014
Ive been waiting for that scene to be animated since I read it.

Whoa them feels ; Farewell , Ultear may you rest in peace.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Sep 20, 2014 5:08 PM

Jan 2011
Surprised Natsu didn't recognize the familar smell. Guess he was busy throwing up.

Speaking about, what was that "stop relying on others"? Wtf? Natsu is the one who busts them out again and again. Also, Natsu should try riding. If he gets along good enough with the horse, it might stop. Though given that he gets it even when Lucy is carrying him..

I wonder if we ever saw Natsu getting carried by Carla or Pantherlily and whether he was motion sick then too..
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.