Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2009 10:07 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode focuses mainly on Suou's new contractor personality, her current relationship with Hei and the arrival to Japan.
Misaki also gets some screentime, and we see her as expected joining the MIAC.

New character (name already forgotten again..) who seemingly has a crush on Suou also gets introduced, although I can't say that he's all too interesting.

Episode ends with Misaki getting approached by the blonde woman at the observatorium from season 1.

Preview was intriuiging, as it looks like the twins make another appearance.
Still no Yin though, and it seems like Hei's going to be bumming around for a while longer.
yakisobapanOct 29, 2009 10:48 AM
Oct 29, 2009 10:34 AM
Aug 2009
where can i watch in?

i want it raw, dont care.
Oct 29, 2009 4:37 PM

Feb 2009
Hei showed some "Li-kun"-mode. That reminded me of old good times T_T
Oct 29, 2009 5:26 PM

Jun 2009
Poor Suou she gets slapped again.
And omg....
The new guy is so ugly...
kerobearOct 29, 2009 8:25 PM
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Oct 29, 2009 8:06 PM

Oct 2009
In the beginning of this episode I was wondering if Hazuki likes Kirihara or just teasing her...she knows about the boyfriend Hei of Kirihara yet grabbed her like she wants to tease her. Forced smiles of Hei on July and Suou was just funny comedy. Suou still cannot shoot anything alive. It was funny to Suou/July in a love hotel. Hei gets a lot of minus points for abusing Suou but get some plus points for training her to fight physically. That was nice of him. Nori has weird eyes and that girl with him is not pretty. Again they have to Suou naked when she uses her powers...O_O what is with that? What is that dance that Hei made Suou supposed to be? Belly dancing? Kirihara being confronted by Madame Oreille? What now? One more thing....I will remember that slap that made Suou bleed Hei! I will remember it beause this has gone too far now.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 29, 2009 9:07 PM

Aug 2009
Geez, Heibo-kun, is abusing Sou your new hobby now? =_= This is only ep 4 yet how many times have you hit her already? So abusive...

He is still quite capable of his Li smile though... :S One of these days Suou's gonna snap and shoot you >_>

lol@ july's forced smile Xddddd He's such a cute kid...

New character *toss* no interest. I miss Nicka already.

Aw, poor Mao. His fate just doesn't change no matter what body he resides in XDDD

Ouch, Hazuki got rejected xddddd And they still think the kid with Hei is Shion, not Suou ....

Next ep looks promising though. We finally get to see Heibo back in some action! And more info on Yin plz ;_;

Oct 29, 2009 10:57 PM

Oct 2009
Oh, How I miss Li-kun *dreamy eyes*. I think I should rewatch the first season (again)... I miss the old Hei too. The Hei in this season, somehow , is so... different. Not that I don't like this Hei (he's still the coolest), but seeing him like this saddens me. Since when has he become so cold, so violent (and toward kids like Suou, nonetheless)? I know he must have his own reasons for doing so, but I really, really want my old Hei back >"<
Oct 30, 2009 12:08 AM

Oct 2009
rainji1234 said:
Oh, How I miss Li-kun *dreamy eyes*. I think I should rewatch the first season (again)... I miss the old Hei too. The Hei in this season, somehow , is so... different. Not that I don't like this Hei (he's still the coolest), but seeing him like this saddens me. Since when has he become so cold, so violent (and toward kids like Suou, nonetheless)? I know he must have his own reasons for doing so, but I really, really want my old Hei back >"<

Yes, I want old Hei back too. Reasons? I don't think there is reason to slap Suou to the point of making her bleed like it shows in the pic I took as a good proof to remember and even if it has to do with that gun pointing of Suou at Hei. He already made her go through the door for that.

Oct 30, 2009 12:19 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
rainji1234 said:

Yes, I want old Hei back too. Reasons? I don't think there is reason to slap Suou to the point of making her bleed like it shows in the pic I took as a good proof to remember and even if it has to do with that gun pointing of Suou at Hei. He already made her go through the door for that.

yeah I think the abuse of suou is enough (even if Hei slapped girls in the first season too). other than that I was glad to see a little bit of Li , he still has it in him :O
Oct 30, 2009 12:29 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:

Suou hates Hei now, but I'm sure It won't be long :) Abusive as Hei might be, he's training Suou so that she can protect herself (I can't think of any other reason for Hei to do that).
Oct 30, 2009 12:47 AM

Oct 2009
rainji1234 said:
francismeunier said:

Suou hates Hei now, but I'm sure It won't be long :) Abusive as Hei might be, he's training Suou so that she can protect herself (I can't think of any other reason for Hei to do that).

I am still worried that Suou might really hurt Hei because of her anger/hate for him at one point. There must be better ways than that. I agreed about the thing that she needs to learn to fight but abuse is more like a jungle warfare training situation and not this. I really wish Hei would somehow do this otherwise.
kikuchimera said:
Sub is out!!! check it on tokyotosho

Yes they are. Oh great I wanted to understand what I missed.
francismeunierOct 30, 2009 3:37 AM

Oct 30, 2009 1:12 AM

Oct 2009
I can't find a torrent..?
Oct 30, 2009 3:24 AM

Oct 2008
Sub is out!!! check it on tokyotosho
Oct 30, 2009 5:19 AM
Dec 2008
I swear Hei's image just keeps getting worse.

Anyway, a good episode. Definitely a breather after those heavy previous ones
Oct 30, 2009 5:29 AM

Apr 2009
Nice episode. I haven't got a clue where this is going. Each character seems to float further and further away from where you want them to be. Misaki joining the 'capture Shion+BK201' squad. Hei being such an asshole. Suou losing her feelings because she became a contracter? And why did she become a contracter in the first place?
Can't wait to find out during the rest of the season :)
Oct 30, 2009 5:43 AM

Nov 2008
A LOT of humor in this episode, which i missed from season 1. and this scene made be LOL.

Oct 30, 2009 5:43 AM

Oct 2009
Ignes said:
Hei being such an asshole.

Yeah, I know, that slap was only for using her ability when he said not to? Ridiculous...very dissapointed in Hei for being so strict on a kid.
Ignes said:
Suou losing her feelings because she became a contracter?

Looks like she is and now I see that after seeing this a second time. Still she can cry from what it looks in the next episode. Maybe she still has some feelings.
Ignes said:
And why did she become a contracter in the first place?

That is because of that necklace thing that absorbed Hei's powers. It looked to me she never wanted that from how she reacted in this episode. Also might be why she hates Hei more.
Ignes said:
Can't wait to find out during the rest of the season

From the looks of the next episode she might kill something alive. I can't wait to see that new contractor who can use water as a power. It looks action promising.

I want to add that I was surprised that Kirihara is still a virgin....is she not like 20 something or 30?
KingDeadKira said:
A LOT of humor in this episode, which i missed from season 1. and this scene made be LOL.

Yeah me too but you forgot this:

Oct 30, 2009 5:53 AM

Jan 2009
That's right, there ain't no reason to do unnecessary stuff (like taking a picture of the whale in this case)!
And .. wait.. Right! Stereopony! To think I didn't realize that until now O.o Anyway it's a great song : >

So Kirihara joins the coolguy squad?: > Expected yes, and quite satisfactory : p
Although Hazuki is. Strange, yet cool O.o

And.. Cool training, especially the practical part : >
Also, Suou and July are awesome at smiling : D
Aww.. Mao was chased by a cat D:

And that's right Hei! Suou didn't do as she was told, so she's got to suit herself when Hei slapped her.

Next time, we get a possibly cool fight, and the twins appear again : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 30, 2009 6:10 AM

Jul 2009
I still hope suou's feelings will come back...i just dont really like her being a contractor,but then again,it's intriguing
Yep,hei should really cut his hair or something..he looks..just old!
July's so cute!
Oct 30, 2009 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
francismeunier said:

Ignes said:

That is because of that necklace thing that absorbed Hei's powers. It looked to me she never wanted that from how she reacted in this episode. Also might be why she hates Hei more.

Ah, ofcourse. But I'm wondering, do the others know Hei lost his powers and that those are the origin of Suou becoming a contracter? Hei himself was surprised by it and only found out when he tried to use them (the guy in ep 3 he eventually pulled down). Also, could this be the reason Hei 'knew' Suou had used her powers even though he was (apparantly) nowhere near when she did? Anyway they didn't talk about it so Mao and Suou may not know about it... Interesting :)
Oct 30, 2009 6:17 AM

Oct 2009
Ignes said:
francismeunier said:

Ignes said:

Ah, ofcourse. But I'm wondering, do the others know Hei lost his powers and that those are the origin of Suou becoming a contracter? Hei himself was surprised by it and only found out when he tried to use them (the guy in ep 3 he eventually pulled down). Also, could this be the reason Hei 'knew' Suou had used her powers even though he was (apparantly) nowhere near when she did? Anyway they didn't talk about it so Mao and Suou may not know about it... Interesting :)

I know that Kirihara and those guys with who she works with don't know anything since they still think Suou is Shion. A good advantage of twins.
Oosran said:

Aww.. Mao was chased by a cat D:

Why did Mao not possess that damn cat? D: We could have Mao from season 1.
*_*

Oct 30, 2009 6:41 AM
Feb 2009
the training was quite a laugh. n july's fake smile really reminds me of yin, gosh, i wanna see her so badly... >.<

hei left the CIA? why? ... i better rewatch the first 3 episode... =.=
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 30, 2009 7:14 AM

Apr 2009
Um.. does everyone find it normal for an adult man like Hei to continiously hit an under-aged girl like Suou?

He slaps, kicks, hits her. And she doesn't respond to it at all.

And.. what's up with Hei? Since when has he become so violent? O_O

And wth's up with that moment between Kirihara and that long-haired contractor? >.>

Generally speaking, this episode left me unsatisfied.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 30, 2009 7:20 AM

Mar 2009
Domestic violence by Hei.

It seems next episode we'll get more action.
Oct 30, 2009 7:33 AM

Apr 2008
hei's become a drunkard lol I guess he's just sick of the world, and yeh he should try being more friendly to Suou, cuz one day she might try to kill him. Maybe him hitting suou is just his interpretation of tough love .. i mean he needs turn her into a bad ass like himself and you don't enter the world of bad-assery without taking a few knocks.
Oct 30, 2009 8:02 AM

Apr 2009
rainji1234 said:

What? Hei has always been cruel. It's why I like him.

He friggin SNAPPED Havok's fingers, do you remember?

Although whatever happened with Yin seems to have affected him alot, it's probably what's making him even more cruel.
hanabiraOct 30, 2009 8:06 AM
Oct 30, 2009 8:05 AM

Apr 2008
wow, Hei is just so good with kids...he just hit rock bottom.
the amount of abuse here is getting rather high, not really nice to see, even if it is necessary plot-wise.
Won't Kirihara be shocked to see Hei's new charming personality...
Oct 30, 2009 8:08 AM

May 2009
Hei is in pain thats what i think becouse he lost Yin , he is now a drunk and a misarable man.
I`M A MURDERER
Oct 30, 2009 8:38 AM
Sep 2007
Yeah, I want the old Hei back, too. He used to be so much more tactful, now he's become an alcoholic?!?

It was like all that development through the first series amounted to nothing- Amber and them are gone, Yin is dead? Something happened to her?

It used to be so easy to root for Hei, but now I'm wondering what he's doing... not to mention I can't understand Suou's personality fluctuations. Is everyone becoming an angst machine?

...loved the July scene 8'D <3 But this whole setting isn't remarkable at all. A little disappointed to find that the preview was in the same place...
Oct 30, 2009 9:30 AM

May 2009
Damn this episode was awesome. Hei has either finally "lost it" (terrible pun) and sunken into his misery and scotch or he is putting on an act for his mission (wouldn`t be the first time)

Either way I`d be satisfied , a Hei with nothing left to lose so he goes on a downward spiral out of control towards darkness , or he isn`t really the bad guy and wants to make Suou able to complete their mission, and it isn`t with being nice and caring that that is going to happen.
Oct 30, 2009 9:36 AM

Jan 2008
I loved this episode...full of lols.
Oct 30, 2009 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
i want to say, i can not appreciate any jokes in a DTB series, and I dont like the idea of an underage little girl to be protagonist in it either. that said, this ep feels pretty lame again....
Oct 30, 2009 9:38 AM

Jun 2008
Suou dancing was funny, anyways this was another good episode even though there was no action this episode, as for Hei although he lost his powers he is still able to fight the way he always has but without the power seems like he'll have to put up a bit more effort to finish off his enemies.
Oct 30, 2009 10:00 AM
Sep 2009
Another very good episode.
I like Suou as one of main characters (along with Hei), but I dont mind Hei being a bit violent towards her. Guess I'm too tired of naruto-like animes, where you want to kill main character every episode after he opens his mouth to say another "I cant forgive you" or dumb s**t like that.

Oh and they finally fixed russian title at the end.
Oct 30, 2009 10:06 AM
Jun 2008
I'm wondering if you can change your favorite character likes by season..cause i would keep season 1 hei on the top of my list..but hobo hei..down quite a few spots..
Oct 30, 2009 10:19 AM

Sep 2009
The laughs indeed helped me with this episode, although Hei is being a bit overly forceful. But like LagTag said, he could well just be playing the role of an asshole. But then again, the booze argues otherwise. XD

I was also sort of surprised at Suou's ruthlessness in breaking that dude's arm. Fairly large jump to go from her goody-goody nature to being half in and half out of touch with her emotions. It seems like some emotions are still there, though. It was subtle, but Hei hinted that she refused to fire at the crane because she didn't want to kill it. She also said she hates Hei, and in the preview for the next ep, it showed her crying. Compassion, hate, sadness... So it seems to me she's 80% contractor, 20% still human.

I liked this episode a lot. It was a good taste of relaxation, as there weren't any major fights and they actually introduced some new people without killing two off. The humor was a well needed touch, as well. XD I'm looking forward to next episode's battle and why it's going to take place.
Oct 30, 2009 10:44 AM

Mar 2008
I just can't like Suou. She annoys me so much that it's a pain. I really, really want to like her but the more I try, the more I dislike her, actually.
So... even though seemingly Hei likes slapping kids lately which is not a really nice thing, I don't really care because it's her.
LOL @ virginity, smile and Mao being chased by the cat.
Some things never change.
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Oct 30, 2009 11:03 AM

Oct 2009
The opposite for me. I really like Suou. She's a nice person, and innocent as well. Hei is so bad sometimes :(

Haha, i just couldn't stop laughing when July makes the fake smile. So cuuute! Apart from that, the episode was nice. I knew that Misaki would go with Sector 7. I just hope she really is saving her virginity to Hei. They would be a very nice couple ;P.
But why is Hei always hitting Suou so much? Even if she is a contractor, she still is a child? The ending was nice. But does Kirihara have another name?

I hope July, Suou, Hei and Mao become a team. The match so perfect.
Suou has allready learned how to fight, dodge and stuff. I was suprised when she broke the guys arm :O. So fast learned Suou is. But her ability is still crap :P
Oct 30, 2009 11:06 AM

Jul 2008
This season is really disappointing me. I am a HUGE fan of series 1, and have pimped it to so many of my friends. The thing that always had me coming back was the dichotomy of Hei's character- wearing so many masks and playing so many roles that who he truly is gets lost. The finale of series one was so poignant to me..

but it only works when we see him genuinely care about the individuals in all the little arcs. Yes, he is a cold blooded, badass killer - but episodes like the "fake date" with Kirihara and his genuine mourning for Havoc made him such a great character.

This season, it's like they threw away one half of his dichotomy. He's just a cold-blooded killer, and he is also a child abuser/molester for the heck of it, too. It's getting old.

I want him to get a haircut, rediscover that part of himself that got lost, and get his powers back. I'm really hoping that Bones does EVENTUALLY go this route - and they're making him such a despicable character so that his redemption is even stronger.

because at this point, I'm starting to hate him. and that makes me sad. =(
Oct 30, 2009 11:24 AM
Jun 2008
klmnumbers said:
This season is really disappointing me. I am a HUGE fan of series 1, and have pimped it to so many of my friends. The thing that always had me coming back was the dichotomy of Hei's character- wearing so many masks and playing so many roles that who he truly is gets lost. The finale of series one was so poignant to me..

but it only works when we see him genuinely care about the individuals in all the little arcs. Yes, he is a cold blooded, badass killer - but episodes like the "fake date" with Kirihara and his genuine mourning for Havoc made him such a great character.

This season, it's like they threw away one half of his dichotomy. He's just a cold-blooded killer, and he is also a child abuser/molester for the heck of it, too. It's getting old.

I want him to get a haircut, rediscover that part of himself that got lost, and get his powers back. I'm really hoping that Bones does EVENTUALLY go this route - and they're making him such a despicable character so that his redemption is even stronger.

I agree wholeheartedly with pretty much everything you said, it's why I rank Hei so high and I love him as a character, and this season is making me not like him much.

I'm just hoping his redemption is just that much greater.
Oct 30, 2009 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
Really getting tired of Hei physically hitting this girl...
Oct 30, 2009 11:36 AM

Mar 2008
My love for DTB is slowly arising once again. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2009 11:42 AM

Oct 2009
klmnumbers said:

It is good to have something new. We can't have the old Hei in 2 seasons. He has to at least make a little change. The old Hei was kinda nice, but the new one is far much better.
Apart from you all, i really like he's new personality and look. It suits him better than the old one.
BONES! Do not shave his hair.

Btw, we saw some little parts of Li-kun on this episode. That really maked me very happy and remembered me of the old DTB.
Oct 30, 2009 11:58 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Suou keeps getting beat up. And part where Mao was running away was kinda funny.

Oct 30, 2009 12:15 PM

Aug 2009
Hei's being an asshole. Wtf is wrong with him?
I wanna know what happened between the first and the second season!!
Oct 30, 2009 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
Good Episode
Oct 30, 2009 12:23 PM
Jun 2008
k0k0 said:
Hei's being an asshole. Wtf is wrong with him?
I wanna know what happened between the first and the second season!!

read the manga: http://www.onemanga.com/Darker_Than_Black_-_Shikkoku_no_Hana/
Oct 30, 2009 12:30 PM

Oct 2009
Great episode!
But WTF Hei! He's being way too hard on Suou! I want the old cool Hei back :(
Oct 30, 2009 12:37 PM

Sep 2007
Whatever happened to Yin surely affected Hei. He's once again become a cold emotionless person like he was in the beginning of S1, even more emotionless now. I guess he's pretty much abandoned everything other than revenge on "her". Suou and July make for a pretty lulz pair.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.