95.5%
89 votes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 2014 5:29 AM

Jun 2011
Psyche_Izaya said:
Because Haikyuu! is fujobait.

Fujobait anime (especially sports) are always rated high

Ookiku Furikabutte should get more love then.

I think the reason is simply because users nowadays are easy to give high rating. Jesus NGNL made it to the top 30 once. It's either 1/2 or 9/10 score for these guys now.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 18, 2014 5:30 AM

Jan 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
Because Haikyuu! is fujobait.

Fujobait anime (especially sports) are always rated high

Ookiku Furikabutte should get more love then.

I think the reason is simply because users nowadays are easy to give high rating. Jesus NGNL made it to the top 30 once. It's either 1/2 or 9/10 score for these guys now.

or maybe its just a really good show

95 percent of people dont agree on shit half heartedly.

with this kind of poll results anyone still saying its "over rated" is kind of stretching it.
Sep 18, 2014 5:43 AM

Jun 2011
SolviteSekai said:

or maybe its just a really good show

95 percent of people dont agree on shit half heartedly.

with this kind of poll results anyone still saying its "over rated" is kind of stretching it.
I am not against Haikyuu at all, I haven't even watch it yet, but I expect myself to love it. I wasn't talking only about Haikyuu when I said this. >
I think the reason is simply because users nowadays are easy to give high rating.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 18, 2014 5:47 AM

Jan 2013
if anything haikyuu is under rated when you compare it to other shows this season that shouldnt even be rated about a 7.
Sep 18, 2014 11:31 AM
Jun 2013
Correct me if I am wrong!!!!!

Ratings on MAL shows how much and how many people like a certain show

Rather than what the show is actually worth
Sep 18, 2014 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
ashishkaull said:
Correct me if I am wrong!!!!!

Ratings on MAL shows how much and how many people like a certain show

Rather than what the show is actually worth
Pretty much. I'd say 99.999% of it is that way. Don't let them tell you otherwise.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 18, 2014 8:56 PM

Jul 2012
tomunio89 said:
bigivelfhq said:

Don't worry, it will go higher! :)

+1

Fly.

SolviteSekai said:
danae17 said:
It's a good anime but nothing special imo. There are some overdramatic moments, like when Asahi returned to the team. Besides that, it's pretty enjoyable, 7-8/10 for me.

why was it over dramatic?

^ this, and hell, the suspense and tension was amazing and made every episode great to watch
Sep 19, 2014 4:18 AM

May 2012
No it's not. It's really good.

You should have created " Underrated much?" in Baby Steps thread instead of this :))) I really like both, but I believe Haikyuu is not overrated. Baby Steps is underrated.
Sep 19, 2014 4:54 AM

Jun 2008
Remember this, the people who say this show is overrated are probably the same ones that say Code Geass is one of the best animes.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 19, 2014 4:55 AM

Dec 2012
sbyrstall said:
Remember this, the people who say this show is overrated are probably the same ones that say Code Geass is one of the best animes.

That's completely baseless and random.
Sep 19, 2014 6:43 AM

Aug 2013
sheidesu said:
No it's not. It's really good.

You should have created " Underrated much?" in Baby Steps thread instead of this :))) I really like both, but I believe Haikyuu is not overrated. Baby Steps is underrated.

Yep. I regret this thread so much lol. I don't think Haikyuu is overrated only in comparison to Baby Steps. So in other words, Baby Steps is underrated.

And I already made a thread about that in Baby Steps lol. Maybe someone should make a thread about me saying "Obsessive much?" :P
Sep 19, 2014 11:07 AM
Jun 2013
After reading few chapters and watching one episode of baby steps...........I definitely can't come in terms with the hair style of MC............I really get pissed watching it........Just want to cut that off with scisors.............
Sep 19, 2014 10:51 PM

Jul 2012
ashishkaull said:
After reading few chapters and watching one episode of baby steps...........I definitely can't come in terms with the hair style of MC............I really get pissed watching it........Just want to cut that off with scisors.............

Sucks to be you. You're missing out on the best tennis anime ^^;
Sep 20, 2014 2:30 AM
Jun 2013
mayukachan said:
ashishkaull said:

Sucks to be you. You're missing out on the best tennis anime ^^;

Well never said .............i am not watching...........
I just said the hair style of MC is what ..........has irritated me the most in Anime...
Sep 20, 2014 7:47 AM

Nov 2007
Good job, voters!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 21, 2014 12:00 PM

Aug 2008
I haven't watch Baby Steps but I feel sports anime which require teamwork are usually more fun to watch. So far my favorite sports anime,Slam Dunk,KnB and Haikyuu are all teamwork sports. Don't really like Prince Of Tennis and I drop Ping Pong.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 21, 2014 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
I like both Baby Steps and Haikyuu so why cant both be considered good Animes in their own way ?
Baby Steps is about a boy learning in small steps how to play tennis and reach his goal to become a pro and Haikyuu is about a boys who have to learn to play in a team and reach the nationals.
One is realistic while the other one isnt, one has better comedy one has better romance.
In the end, I think both arent really comparable but I agree Baby Steps is underrated, maybe also cuz of the crappy animation.
Sep 21, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
^ Agreed. Haikyuu!!'s rating is pretty accurate right now. Can't really expect it to get any higher because the top shows on MAL are all ones with action or plot twists while Haikyuu!! is still a sports anime. Baby Steps though...So so underrated.
Sep 21, 2014 12:24 PM

Oct 2013
LastIllusion said:
I like both Baby Steps and Haikyuu so why cant both be considered good Animes in their own way ?
Baby Steps is about a boy learning in small steps how to play tennis and reach his goal to become a pro and Haikyuu is about a boys who have to learn to play in a team and reach the nationals.
One is realistic while the other one isnt, one has better comedy one has better romance.
In the end, I think both arent really comparable but I agree Baby Steps is underrated, maybe also cuz of the crappy animation.

How is Haikyuu!! unrealistic?
Haikyuu!! hasn't Romance, so how can it get worse Romance than Baby Steps?
Sep 21, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
LastIllusion said:

I don't understand your logic here. I could totally understand if both were comedies then you could clearly say "one has better comedy" but they aren't. Haikyu has a comedy tag while Baby Steps does not. So to compare that aspect is ignorant, the same about the romance. Baby Steps has a romance tag while Haikyu does not. Why are you comparing them with themes that have absolutely nothing to do with one another, that neither of them both have? I'm so confused. As well as about Haikyu not being realistic. Was it too fast pace? did they not learn in such small steps for you? The characters have already been playing volleyball since they were little so they did not have to learn the basics but they struggle to improve and develop from hence forth. While Baby Steps is underrated I really do wish it would get the recognition it deserves, Haikyu is nowhere near being overrated. So many people misuse this term.
lovexLuffySep 21, 2014 1:20 PM

Sep 21, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2012
It is not just overrated, it is unbelievably overrated. I mean 8.68 is just insane. It is even higher than Chihayafuru. Thats really beyond insanity.
Sep 21, 2014 2:14 PM

Mar 2012
Seems like almost no one agreed looool
But this is definitely amazing, I don't believe it's overrated.
Sep 21, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2012
It's a pretty good sports anime, but it really doesn't stand out imo. Especially since the main character is that dumb and annoying.
Sep 21, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
Haikyuu beat my Kuroko no Basket S1 ):

But I'm not even mad. Haikyuu in all honesty deserves all this praise. I think the best part of Haikyuu were the characters, the guys look like complete thugs but they're out here playing the best volleyball with one of the greatest moves I've ever seen in sports anime (I've only seen a few, so please don't bash on me about that) I do plan on watching Baby Steps, so I can't really say if I like it better or not. But Haikyuu had a fantastic first season, and it honestly deserves all this praise. In my opinion
Signature removed. Because it was too kawaii for all you weeaboos.
Sep 21, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
Welp I rated it 6/10. The MC is pretty plain and generic and so is the rest of the cast. There is a huge lack of story and the anime is so generic that I honestly can't understand why it's rated so highly.
Sep 21, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2012
M4XY said:
There is a huge lack of story and the anime is so generic that I honestly can't understand why it's rated so highly.

What story is it lacking? It's a sports anime with volleyball matches, character backstories and team building. What is there to lack? lol

Is it generic? I don't think so.
Sep 21, 2014 10:13 PM

Jul 2014
Its got a high score cause it's a good show, thats all there's about it.
There's just so much joy in watching Haikyuu, its exciting.
And op wants to compare it to baby step huh. as much as I like baby step too, I think its really average in terms of probably every aspect. animation and music are below par, excitement just not there, dialogue and voice cast arent good, but hey I can always find ways to enjoy a good sports anime.
How do I signature?
Sep 21, 2014 11:43 PM
Aug 2011
I think Haikyuu deserve it , the animation is top noch.
Haikyuu really explore the volleyball itself , and make it pretty realistic , most of the episodes are exciting.
Talking about sport anime , I'd say the one who is really overrated is Kuroko no Basuke lol.

Is Baby step that good ? might give a try
Sep 22, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2012
SuohMikoto- said:
Talking about sport anime , I'd say the one who is really overrated is Kuroko no Basuke lol.

Prince of Tennis is definitely overrated. KnB, I think the first season deserves it at least.
Sep 23, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2013
SuohMikoto- said:
I think Haikyuu deserve it , the animation is top noch.
Haikyuu really explore the volleyball itself , and make it pretty realistic , most of the episodes are exciting.

Is Baby step that good ? might give a try

Baby Steps is great if you don't mind lower animation quality. Honestly the animation portrays what's happening just fine, and the character designs are fine too imo. I don't know why it gets so much negativity for that. But yeah, if you want something even more realistic than Haikyuu you need to check out Baby Steps. It gets really good about halfway through. You'll see the main character start from 0. Like really zero. And work his way up with incredibly realistic progress. Especially if you've played tennis before. If you're a tennis player you can appreciate the pacing much better. Otherwise it might seem like he just loses too many times. If you're looking for a "badass" main character who powers past his opponents every time, and has a dramatic back story and wins with dramatic points, then don't bother with Baby Steps. It's all about how the main character thinks, reacts, and strategises against his opponent. It's honestly amazingly well written in that sense.
Sep 24, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2011
Nope at all one of the best sports animes ever imo.
Mar 15, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2014
It's realistic without bs powerups (IM LOOKING AT YOU, KUROKO NO BASKET) has some good development, a great OST and a big cast of loveable characters.
Jun 15, 2016 4:50 AM

Nov 2012
Lol, wat did happen in Haiykuu that needs to give it a ranking between the masterpieces. Sure people think it is fun, characters and artstyle are really colourful. The ost is arguably, i personally found it very generic but that only is a matter in taste i really don't am a fan of the overused melodrama also. And the things what actually happened in the seasons and mostly season 2 storywise is that anything masterpiece worthy? I don't think so. I also found this anime fun, but certainly not a 12 rank worthy one. Imo you really did not see anything yet if people think this is going to be a classic a few years later since it is still the generic sport shonen and that is far from special. First thing people should ask them selves is s2 really that much better than s1? That would be a good start.
johnyjohnyJun 15, 2016 4:53 AM
Jun 15, 2016 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
johnyjohny said:
First thing people should ask them selves is s2 really that much better than s1? That would be a good start.

I'm choosing season 1 over 2. I know season 2 took quite decent character development, but couldn't enjoy the second half when Karasuno won all the matches 'til Aoba Josai bc everything seemed very too easily gained imo, it killed my hype, thus I couldn't feel the intensity during the final Karasuno vs Aoba Josai match. Season 2 as a whole I personally find it underwhelming, compared to season 1.
Jun 22, 2016 3:09 PM
May 2015
Well, it's high rated because people enjoyed it.
Great comedy + Great drama + Great characters and development
Jun 22, 2016 3:46 PM

Nov 2012
Amanda-san said:
Well, it's high rated because people enjoyed it.
Cliche comedy + Cliche drama + Cliche characters and development

Fixed it brother.
Jun 22, 2016 3:59 PM
May 2015
^ Yep, it's cliche, just like Fairy Tail, Boku no Pico and Mirai Nikki are best animus ever.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

302 by Leggoo »»
Apr 25, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

325 by Carpal_Tunnel69 »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

169 by ElGuaguaso »»
Mar 29, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

171 by Arizona89 »»
Mar 27, 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.