Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2009 2:31 AM

Feb 2008
According to the official blog of Angel Beats!, Maeda Jun took a temporal leave from Key. He said in the blog that he completed all the scripts of Angel Beats and got burnout.

Source: Angel Beats official blog
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2009 2:53 AM
Jun 2009
Got burnout, need more pew pew.
Looking forward to angel beats though.
Oct 28, 2009 3:30 AM

Oct 2007
At least there's a good reason behind it... Can't say that I am looking forward to Angel Beats though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2009 4:28 AM

Nov 2008
Well, that's really a sad new, I hope he will come back soon.
Oct 28, 2009 4:40 AM

Feb 2009
awwww how unfortunate. Hope he heals soon and get's back to doing great work.
Oct 28, 2009 6:27 AM

May 2009
Everybody deserves a little break :)
And Maeda-san has been doing a wonderful job with Key for the past like 10 years
I hope he enjoys his little break ^_^

Oct 28, 2009 7:55 AM

Sep 2008
I love his music.
Oct 28, 2009 10:55 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah take a break.

But I'm looking forward to that Key anime ^^

Oct 28, 2009 11:11 AM

Aug 2008
HooHiraiBunny said:

Well, it is a temporal leave.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Oct 28, 2009 11:33 AM

Nov 2008
Plun said:
HooHiraiBunny said:

Well, it is a temporal leave.

That's why I say "soon", a temporarily leave can last 1 or 2 years or several months.
Oct 28, 2009 11:46 AM

May 2008
He deserves it I say.
Oct 28, 2009 11:50 AM

Apr 2008
Well, at least he did what he was required to, instead of burning out halfway, so...
Oct 28, 2009 11:51 AM

Jun 2007
Temporal Leave not 4 ever so its not sad XD
He deserves it.

Oct 28, 2009 2:10 PM

Jun 2007
I hope he gets a nice break <3

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Oct 28, 2009 4:39 PM

Apr 2009
NOOO DONT TAKE A BREAK DAMNIT, CREATE LITTLE BUSTERS OMG, SCREW HARUHI AND ANGEL BEATS.

Little Busters is gonna be 100 times better
Oct 28, 2009 5:36 PM

Apr 2008
dtshyk said:
temporal leave

Jun! You can't do that! You'll create a time paradox!
Oct 28, 2009 5:42 PM

Jul 2008
-JK- said:
NOOO DONT TAKE A BREAK DAMNIT, CREATE LITTLE BUSTERS OMG, SCREW HARUHI AND ANGEL BEATS.

Little Busters is gonna be 100 times better

we don't even know that Little Buster will be animated.

Also, He needs a break once in a while.
Oct 28, 2009 5:53 PM
Apr 2008
Love his music, expecting more great work when he returns.
Oct 28, 2009 6:10 PM

Nov 2007
Well, considering how busy he's been lately, he deserves that break. Here's to a Little Busters! anime when he gets back in the groove ;D.
Oct 28, 2009 7:10 PM

Sep 2009
It's good to have a break for the next (long) journey..
Oct 28, 2009 8:37 PM

Apr 2008
Have a good rest!
Oct 28, 2009 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
Got burnout? *chuckle*

Hope he rests well..^^
Oct 29, 2009 1:09 AM

May 2008
He deserves it I say.
Hopefully it wont be too long thought
Oct 29, 2009 1:12 AM

Sep 2008
Hopefully he'll realize during his break that he need to write something original for a change, not milking the same idea and the same types of characters over and over again under different names...
Oct 30, 2009 7:18 AM

Oct 2007
seishi-sama said:
Hopefully he'll realize during his break that he need to write something original for a change, not milking the same idea and the same types of characters over and over again under different names...
It's like saying that the mangaka for Naruto should change his art style to match that's of the mangaka of One Piece. People can't change their style all of a sudden, you're asking too much. Try writing a few stories first and then shoot back at me.
Oct 30, 2009 9:36 AM

Sep 2008
Rengemaru said:
seishi-sama said:
It's like saying that the mangaka for Naruto should change his art style to match that's of the mangaka of One Piece. People can't change their style all of a sudden, you're asking too much. Try writing a few stories first and then shoot back at me.

It has nothing to do with "style". How the characters look and what are they on the inside are completely different things. You don't need to have much talent to use the same character stereotypes and the same storytelling patterns in everything you write. And that's what Key and Maeda are doing. Basically, it's like that:

Okay, we have a tsundere, a kuudere, a weirdere, a girl in coma and one normal girl. So, the tsundere will be doing A stuff, the kuudere will be doing B stuff, the weirdere will be doing C stuff, the girl in coma will appear before other characters as if she's alive, and the normal girl will do what a normal girl is supposed to do. Yay, the screenplay is done! Let's start production!

*a year after*
Okay, we made a profit with that previous thingo we did. Let's make another one! We have a tsundere, a kuudere, a weirdere, a girl in coma and one normal girl. How about this time the tsundere will be doing B stuff, the kuudere will be doing C stuff, the weirdere will be doing A stuff, the girl in coma will appear before other characters as if she's alive (like the previous time), and the normal girl will do what a normal girl is supposed to do cause there's really nothing we can do about that. Yay, the screenplay is done! Let's start production!

*a year after*
Hey, we made an even bigger profit with that thingo we did last year. People who bought it sure are idiots. Let's make another one! Now we have a tsundere, a kuudere, a weirdere, a girl in coma and one normal girl. Can anyone notice a difference? We can't ourselves. So, this time the tsundere will be doing C stuff, the kuudere will be doing A stuff, the weirdere will be doing B stuff, the girl in coma will appear before other characters as if she's alive (as usual), and the normal girl will do what a normal girl is supposed to do cause we don't really want to do anything about that. Yay, the screenplay is done! Let's start production!

*repeat as much as you want*

That's the quick guide of how to make money the Key way. I hope even the most hardcore Key fanboys smiled at least once while reading that. ;)
Oct 30, 2009 11:21 PM

Apr 2008
Well, scripts aside, I /DO/ have high hopes for the anime. Why? Director is awesome. He did Sunred and Seto no Hanayome.

And if you don't like Sunred, you're some sort of freak.
Nov 1, 2009 10:39 AM

Oct 2007
seishi-sama said:
It has nothing to do with "style". How the characters look and what are they on the inside are completely different things. You don't need to have much talent to use the same character stereotypes and the same storytelling patterns in everything you write. And that's what Key and Maeda are doing. Basically, it's like that:

Okay, we have a tsundere, a kuudere, a weirdere, a girl in coma and one normal girl. So, the tsundere will be doing A stuff, the kuudere will be doing B stuff, the weirdere will be doing C stuff, the girl in coma will appear before other characters as if she's alive, and the normal girl will do what a normal girl is supposed to do. Yay, the screenplay is done! Let's start production!

*a year after*
Okay, we made a profit with that previous thingo we did. Let's make another one! We have a tsundere, a kuudere, a weirdere, a girl in coma and one normal girl. How about this time the tsundere will be doing B stuff, the kuudere will be doing C stuff, the weirdere will be doing A stuff, the girl in coma will appear before other characters as if she's alive (like the previous time), and the normal girl will do what a normal girl is supposed to do cause there's really nothing we can do about that. Yay, the screenplay is done! Let's start production!

*a year after*
Hey, we made an even bigger profit with that thingo we did last year. People who bought it sure are idiots. Let's make another one! Now we have a tsundere, a kuudere, a weirdere, a girl in coma and one normal girl. Can anyone notice a difference? We can't ourselves. So, this time the tsundere will be doing C stuff, the kuudere will be doing A stuff, the weirdere will be doing B stuff, the girl in coma will appear before other characters as if she's alive (as usual), and the normal girl will do what a normal girl is supposed to do cause we don't really want to do anything about that. Yay, the screenplay is done! Let's start production!

That's the quick guide of how to make money the Key way. I hope even the most hardcore Key fanboys smiled at least once while reading that. ;)

I think I'm going to preserve my reply on that long and meaningless post. You just missed the meaning behind the different works of Key. And on top of that you don't show any real knowledge in story writing. You just pointed out one of the common ways to write a story but you left behind a MAJOR part. And that major part is what makes your image of Key so distorted and rotten.
Don't try to act like a brat and try to counter me back, this is not the place for such discussion. And don't try to use the "if you're talking about story writing and such then what do YOU have in that field" because that's a very weak point of counter.

tl;dr don't bother answering me back. Your mind is locked on Key being a bad company and you're feeling the urge to make me look like an idiot after I used some provocative words.

But yeah, I hope he cools down after all those years and brings us back something with the good old Key spirit.
Nov 11, 2009 5:05 AM

Jul 2009
Oh my.. i love love love love love him though i can't play piano as well as him!!!! ><

do not leave us, Jun!!!!!!
Feb 24, 2010 1:47 AM

Feb 2010
Jun Maeda, please come back soon!

Mar 9, 2010 8:11 PM

Dec 2008
I hope Maeda-san enjoys his break. I hope he didn't burnout during the process of making Angel Beats though; that could affect the quality of the series =/. I still have faith though.

I'm personally still awaiting an animation of Little Busters!, but it's been quite a long time and there's still no news...

On topic of KEY-related works, has there been any word on Rewrite lately?
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Mar 30, 2010 8:54 PM

Oct 2008
His work is always good.
I think He really deserves this.
And when hes back for Little Busters! He'll do really good since hes all rested up.

Have a nice rest Maeda Jun~

Apr 3, 2010 8:30 AM

Jan 2010
that guy is magnificent

maybe he got tired
Apr 7, 2010 1:20 AM

Jan 2010
Eternal_Shield said:
that guy is magnificent

maybe he got tired

Captain Obvious weeps, for you have utterly destroyed his previous record of obviousness.

I hope he'll take this chance to build us something that will leave us stunned. In the meantime, I'll look forward to Angel Beats! each week.
Apr 12, 2010 6:26 AM

Jan 2010
midgemage said:
Eternal_Shield said:
that guy is magnificent

maybe he got tired

Captain Obvious weeps, for you have utterly destroyed his previous record of obviousness.

I hope he'll take this chance to build us something that will leave us stunned. In the meantime, I'll look forward to Angel Beats! each week.

I LOL'ed at that comeback.. haha..

On Topic : Hope he comes back soon after taking a break :) Not being selfish or anything, I CAN wait, but I really wanna see more of his work made into anime series.. :D
Apr 12, 2010 6:29 AM

Jan 2009
Splendiferous said:
Got burnout, need more pew pew.

calling for me :D ?

aside that. he does need it, hope to see him soon~
Apr 26, 2010 12:53 AM
Jul 2009
he need it.
after all great works he had done.
May 6, 2010 10:11 PM

Oct 2009
seishi-sama said:
Rengemaru said:
seishi-sama said:

*a year after*

*a year after*

Yeah, no. Just get out.
Btw, they didn't know they were going to adapt the visual novels into an anime when they were creating them. Therefore you using the word "screenplay" fails.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2010 8:07 PM

Jun 2008
Rengemaru said:

But yeah, I hope he cools down after all those years and brings us back something with the good old Key spirit.

Meaning hentai?
May 19, 2010 8:21 PM

May 2010
as long as Angel beats! doesn't take a rest he can take all the vacation he needs
Jun 5, 2010 7:48 AM
Nov 2007
Grmo said:
Rengemaru said:

Meaning hentai?

i think the one without hentai,since old key's stories don't have hentai...

for LB anime,i some rumors said it will be animated,although there's no rumors bout when will it be animated >.< sad...
Jun 5, 2010 6:46 PM

Nov 2009
Nice bump

I think he'll definitely be rested alright you guys are doing a greatoh job of blowing off some of that steam Maeda-San might be having.
Jun 6, 2010 6:21 AM

Jun 2010
After his return, there will be a super ultimate great masterpiece anime called Little Busters!
Jun 9, 2010 5:17 PM

Sep 2007
seishi-sama said:
You don't need to have much talent to use the same character stereotypes and the same storytelling patterns in everything you write. And that's what Key and Maeda are doing.

I think that's more of what any visual novel companies are doing. Not just this particular company. I think it's better to do it this way (unless it's not commercially viable), since people are bound to grab the same company's product again for the similar experience they had before. No need to go out to create something completely new and fail if the existing formula works.

You could probably compare a lot of anime/manga/games in their own company and see that they often use similar character stereotype and storytelling and having enough popularity to survive. If you are going to call the buyers stupid for buying the 'same thing' over and over again. That's just plain stupid. Fictional depictions of people who would be visiting sites like this buys three of the same manga volume, prioritizes anime to the point that they would be willing to watch it in the middle of the night before tommorrow's schedule.

seishi-sama said:
Let's start production!
More like 'Operation Start!'
Jun 22, 2010 12:42 AM

Nov 2009
Three_Leaf_Ivy said:
dtshyk said:
temporal leave

Jun! You can't do that! You'll create a time paradox!

Snake! You have created a time paradox!
Jun 22, 2010 12:46 AM

Nov 2009
Seto_Akari said:
After his return, there will be a super ultimate great masterpiece anime called Little Busters!

Well, Maeda and Key have a choice: PA Works or KyoAni? Which house produce LB! ?

My biggest hope is on KyoAni....
Jun 23, 2010 5:34 AM

Dec 2009
I don't want him to take a break but he earned it from all the work he has given us.

This break might give him inspiration for the next masterpiece!
Jun 23, 2010 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
Soo... burnout is some psychological thing that happens to a person where they experience extreme fatigue and diminishing interest? Poor guy, he's worked himself to the bone.
'Good for a break. I just hope its not too long of a break. D:
Aug 3, 2010 7:46 PM

Dec 2008
In retrospect, given the massive workload that was Little Busters!, I suppose no one should be surprised at this break.

The Angel Beats! OST had some excellent pieces, however.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Oct 7, 2010 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
poseidon21 said:
Grmo said:
Rengemaru said:

Meaning hentai?

i think the one without hentai,since old key's stories don't have hentai...

for LB anime,i some rumors said it will be animated,although there's no rumors bout when will it be animated >.< sad...

For every key visual novel they create an all age version too.
KyoAni is still busy with more K-ON. <-- god damn it!

HitoriTomoyo said:
In retrospect, given the massive workload that was Little Busters!, I suppose no one should be surprised at this break.

The Angel Beats! OST had some excellent pieces, however.

The OST was very bad. Only 4 Tracks were good. Compare this soundtrack to his other works and you will see what I mean. Download links are on my profile.

Raxeluxe said:
he need it.
after all great works he had done.

True words.
removed-userOct 8, 2010 4:05 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
5 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
6 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.