Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 27, 2009 3:13 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really liked this episode, we get to meet Kohaku who is an angel^^ Seeing Ioryogi knows that person, it's good that we have a few more meetings after that :D

Poor Kobato, she only got a toy crocodile but the scene where she holds on to the tickets tightly was really funny ^_^ Shuichiro and Kohaku are the couple to watch here and I have to say the -100 isn't very helpful for Kobato after everything she went through.
ShanaFlameOct 27, 2009 3:27 PM
Oct 27, 2009 4:58 PM

Apr 2009
I only have a doubt, Why is kohaku a angel? and by the way why does ioryogi knows her? maybe they all come from that place they always speak of ?...
and guess kobato only has a year to do so...

overall i enjoyed the episode
Oct 27, 2009 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
Didnt want to comment on this at first, but after watching Kimi ni Todoke, this is just soooo much better. clamp ftw!!
now give me back my Chii, i dont know those wish characters~ >:-)
-kobato-chan, chii-chan is very depressed now, go help her please!
Oct 27, 2009 6:15 PM

Nov 2007
Kobato is in the good mood.

Seeing Kohaku with tears. She, like Ioryougi, is from the Heaven. Iorogi?

She wants to try what Kohaku did but no tears...

Next day, she saw Kohaku with a man. She followed them from behind to Shuichiro?'s house. Kobato seems to understand Kohaku's tear.

Kobato saw Kohaku's magic with the water.

Kohaku feels love-ache but doesn't notice the reason.

Kobato is going to help Kohaku with dating. Lotto ticket from the trash bag??

She didn't get to get ticket for amusement park, but a doll instead.

She bumped into Fujimoto, who's doing newspaper job. He has the ticket!!

Kohaku couldn't go, so she told Kobato to go with Ioryougi.

Shuichiro heard their conversation and he accepted the ticket.

Usyagi messaged Ioryougi differently from the manga, about time limit.

ep.5 on Nov 11.
tsubasaloverNov 3, 2009 7:08 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 27, 2009 6:59 PM

Sep 2009
Nice episode....but what is that other angel doing on earth anyways? I wonder if Kobato has any magical powers since we have yet to see any from her....or at least no obvious ones. Looking forward to next episode and more plot details.
Oct 27, 2009 8:21 PM

Dec 2007
For those that don't know, Shuichiro and Kohaku are crossover characters from another CLAMP manga called Wish. Nice crossover I would think, but I think the manga has it too (I have yet to read the Kobato manga)
Oct 27, 2009 8:41 PM

Jul 2009
HalberdierRetsel said:
For those that don't know, Shuichiro and Kohaku are crossover characters from another CLAMP manga called Wish. Nice crossover I would think, but I think the manga has it too (I have yet to read the Kobato manga)
I see, i'm not a CLAMP's fans so thanks for the info..

Well i supposed i shouldn' watched it in the middle of noon..i almost get sleep, but heartwarming anime..and Kobato imagining date with Ioryogi in amusement park cracked my laugh
Oct 27, 2009 9:09 PM

May 2008
this episode was pretty nice but it could have been better , yay for the wanni

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 27, 2009 9:27 PM
Jul 2009
Kohaku and Shuichirou are from the CLAMP manga Wish. If you want to know their back-story and how Kohaku got stuck on Earth, you have to read it to find out more. Kobato and Wish share the same "world" or "dimension".

Ioryogi is not his true name, it's Iorogi. It means:

I'm waiting for Ginsei to come in ^__^
Oct 28, 2009 12:37 AM

Sep 2009
Faeverily said:
Kohaku and Shuichirou are from the CLAMP manga Wish. If you want to know their back-story and how Kohaku got stuck on Earth, you have to read it to find out more. Kobato and Wish share the same "world" or "dimension".

Ioryogi is not his true name, it's Iorogi. It means:

I'm waiting for Ginsei to come in ^__^

Thanks for the info. I haven't read the Wish manga so I wouldn't know why Kohaku is on earth. I might read it sometime then. I have seen many anime adaptations of Clamps work so I know about the same world/dimension thing.
Oct 28, 2009 3:16 AM

Jul 2007
HalberdierRetsel said:

Not a crossover. The anime producers decided to fuse Kobato and Wish manga storylines into one....

And no, manga does not have it.

--------------

AS for episode: Thanks god I dropped this. From the comments, screenshots and reactions it seems like a horrible horrible mish-mash rape of kobato adaptation.
Oct 28, 2009 6:45 AM

Oct 2009
This was very sweet. Kobato works so hard, technically fails at what she set out to do, but is still so happy. ^_^ It makes me feel happy too. Probably the reason why I like this show so much; it's really different from all the downer stuff I tend to watch.

I want to see moar Fujimoto.
Oct 28, 2009 7:12 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
great Wish introduction,

I wonder if Wish is still going to end the same way? Maybe the ending of Wish was in fact affected by Kobato?

I can so envision Kobato sacrificing all the hearts she collected to grant happiness to others....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 28, 2009 8:55 AM

Jul 2007
Great episode, loved the crocodile part :3
Oct 28, 2009 10:47 AM

Nov 2008
Aw, Kobato was really cute, especially when she was holding the tickets so tightly xD
Somehow I have the feeling we will see Kohaku again :O
Nice episode :)

Oct 28, 2009 10:55 AM

Oct 2007
Airhead meets airhead :P
Oct 28, 2009 11:32 AM

Jul 2008
I really liked this episode, Kohaku was so cute >w<

Oct 28, 2009 12:01 PM

Aug 2008
Ok episode. Nothing really bad, nothing really good. I'm glad she's getting some kind of time limit, though.
Oct 28, 2009 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
Friendlysoul said:
Airhead meets airhead :P

I lol'd at this one, so true. Basically what I thought :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 28, 2009 12:37 PM

Feb 2008
haha i knew it wasn't going to work i didn't think angels would be eligible for the process anyways. its suppose to be humans. that dog knew this anyways but it let her go through with it. as for the time limit, it kinda goes against the whole process of not having ulterior motives doesn't it?
Oct 28, 2009 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
Finally Ioryogi kept his loud mouth shut most of the time. I dislike his attitude.
Oct 28, 2009 2:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kisami said:
haha i knew it wasn't going to work i didn't think angels would be eligible for the process anyways. its suppose to be humans. that dog knew this anyways but it let her go through with it. as for the time limit, it kinda goes against the whole process of not having ulterior motives doesn't it?

Heaven is a bit screwed up in their decisions and laws.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 28, 2009 3:11 PM

May 2009
Another good episode as usual.
Oct 28, 2009 3:49 PM

Aug 2009
I find it hard to believe that Ioryogi is from heaven.

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Oct 28, 2009 4:12 PM

Feb 2009
How can Ioryogi drink a cup of juice the size of himself? Oo He's gonna get fat.
Oct 28, 2009 5:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Galaga88 said:
Dropped!

I knew they'd go this way. How LAME! Do good deeds to get into Heaven. Evil dog demon is from Heaven? I gave this show a chance because I thought it might be different. But it's just more of this same old crap. *Sigh*

I have to facepalm to your comment here. That's a lot of wrong assumption you made.

"I knew they'd go this way" ---> hm, in what way?
"Do good deeds to get into Heaven" --> where does that come from?
"Evil dog demon is from Heaven" ---> did you even watch the episode?
"But it's just more of this same old crap" ---> could you be more specific? "old crap" is too vague....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Oct 28, 2009 5:22 PM

May 2009
I watched about 5 minutes of this episode. I'm thinking about dropping this show -.-. Don't really want to though.
Oct 28, 2009 6:02 PM

May 2007
Wait... so is Ioryogi from Heaven as well? And what's the difference between Iorogi and Ioryogi anyway... XDD Sound the same to me. The bunny part was so random too. x3

Oct 28, 2009 6:37 PM

Jul 2008
Wow a lot of people are dropping this...

I thought it was a good episode.

The -100% grade was funny, as was the giant Alligator prize.
Oct 28, 2009 6:49 PM

Oct 2009
I think lots of people are dropping it because they're taking it way too seriously, tbh.=\
Oct 28, 2009 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
I ain't got much to say really, except for when Kohaku was watering the trees, that was cool xD
I mean really, what makes the whole story is the combination of everything, not a few good points every now and then.. Oh well, that's it for me this time, kthnxbai
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 28, 2009 7:27 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
GarLogan78 said:
Wow a lot of people are dropping this...

I thought it was a good episode.

The -100% grade was funny, as was the giant Alligator prize.

If you check their anime profile, you would see that this is just not their kind of series. They would prefer generic harem, generic shounen or generic ecchi over this.

nii-nii said:
I think lots of people are dropping it because they're taking it way too seriously, tbh.=

I think it's the reverse, they are not taking this series seriously enough. This is CLAMP and by the ending of Wish manga at least, you can be guaranteed this series has a much darker turn.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Oct 28, 2009 7:41 PM

Oct 2009
wakka9ca said:
I think it's the reverse, they are not taking this series seriously enough. This is CLAMP and by the ending of Wish manga at least, you can be guaranteed this series has a much darker turn.

Really now? A darker turn for Kobato would be interesting and definitely strange once one gets used to the tone it has now.

So it seems like everyone's just writing it off as frillysilly nonsense without giving it enough time to settle. I am now very intrigued. X3

All this talk of Wish makes me wonder if I should partake in it. I had, admittedly, never heard of it before reading the discussion on this episode.
Oct 28, 2009 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
Any anime that's not a legend like Galactic Heroes will have a whole bunch of whiners screaming "DROPPED BECAUSE IT'S ANOTHER GENERIC PIECE OF SHIT!!" in the first few episode threads. Don't pay too much attention to them, because their opinions obviously don't matter.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 28, 2009 8:14 PM

Jan 2009
Loved this episode :D, Ioryogi reaction to kobato daydream made me laughed out loud! XD 5/5
Oct 28, 2009 11:55 PM

Mar 2009
I don't trust this bastard:

There's something very suspicious about him. Maybe it was because of the sinister music, or maybe it was his evil laugh. Whatever the case, it game me a strange sense of foreboding.

Other than that, good episode.
Oct 29, 2009 1:03 AM

Nov 2007
Mormegil said:

There's something very suspicious about him. Maybe it was because of the sinister music, or maybe it was his evil laugh. Whatever the case, it game me a strange sense of foreboding.

I know what you mean. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but when the bunny giggled I had a shiver down my spine, it reminded me of those horror movie where the little girl has a sweet creepy laugh.
Oct 29, 2009 1:05 AM

Sep 2009
Mormegil said:

Haha...yeah I thought he was supposed to be some bad guy, the way they portrayed him. (maybe he is a bad guy...I don't know)
Oct 29, 2009 1:18 AM

May 2008
I really liked this episode, we get to meet Kohaku who is an angel^^ Seeing Ioryogi knows that person, it's good that we have a few more meetings after that :D

Poor Kobato, she only got a toy crocodile but the scene where she holds on to the tickets tightly was really funny ^_^ Shuichiro and Kohaku are the couple to watch here and I have to say the -100 isn't very helpful for Kobato after everything she went through.
Oct 29, 2009 3:44 AM

Nov 2008
Kobato has such a good heart. I just love her xP
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 29, 2009 6:25 AM

Apr 2008
hahas... Kobato is too positive x_x

Oct 29, 2009 9:18 AM
Nov 2008
I couldn't help but think this after the bunny scene...

"I bring a message from heaven! The anime was only able to get four seasons worth of episodes, so we need to be finished by then!"

Yeah, I know its listed as 24 episodes, but it still made me laugh :)

This show is definitely a keeper. I'll have to read Wish so I can follow that aspect of the world.
Oct 29, 2009 10:23 AM

Jul 2007
wakka9ca said:

If you check their anime profile, you would see that this is just not their kind of series. They would prefer generic harem, generic shounen or generic ecchi over this.

or they just detest on how shitty this adaptation turned out and how even more ruined it will get with mishmash of wish plotline.

wakka9ca said:

Its impossible to take this "adaptation" seriously. Anything of value from manga is lost for the sake of random fluff and wish storyline.

And even if manga takes a darker turn(which I am 99% certain), it does not matter, since anime will still end itself with its own happy end mishmash of wish and kobato, after 24 episodes.
Oct 29, 2009 10:30 AM

Jul 2009
Fai said:
Its impossible to take this "adaptation" seriously. Anything of value from manga is lost for the sake of random fluff and wish storyline.

And even if manga takes a darker turn(which I am 99% certain), it does not matter, since anime will still end itself with its own happy end mishmash of wish and kobato, after 24 episodes.
Hmm, seems like i need to read those manga after all
Oct 29, 2009 10:33 AM

Oct 2009
Kobato is just too cute <3 more and more every episode <3
How many jobs has to do Fujimoto? o.O seems that he has some kind of familiar problems or sort of O.o
Waiting for the next ep!
Oct 29, 2009 3:04 PM

May 2008
Well, I really liked this episode especially when Kohaku watered the trees, that was beautiful. I'll still keep watching.
Oct 29, 2009 4:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fai said:

or they just detest on how shitty this adaptation turned out and how even more ruined it will get with mishmash of wish plotline.

But most of them don't even read manga....lol...

Fai said:

Who knows what CLAMP planned? Since apparently this anime is supervised by Ohkawa herself, who can guarantee that this anime series will turn out shitty? Certainly, if you suddenly hear Ohkawa drawing out of it, then it means it really deviated to the point of no return. Sure, the storyline is completely messed up compared to what I have read of the manga (very sparse chapters from the Newtype magazines I read) Fortunately, based on their past (bad) experience with Tsubasa Chronicles, they learned to be more careful.

In other words, the ending of the anime may just have been planned by CLAMP all along (or at least got their approval) Not to mention the possibility of a second season (open end) for future manga development.

What I find funny is that people (not Fai, because you have a valid reason of your own and I respect and understand your frustration) start bashing this series while they praise at the same time series much more "generic" than Kobato. Strangely, these series must be so bad I don't see anyone who watches them complain in their forums....which means either:
1 - they're so bad only people who can tolerate them watch
2 - people actually like them (but I don't)
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Oct 29, 2009 5:49 PM
Jul 2009
I really liked this episode!
Maybe it's because i already read Wish or just because the two "airheads" are good together XD
I loved the part where they showed Kohaku watering the trees! me and kobato had the same reaction ("It's so pretty...")
The bunny sounded evil...?
i didn't really notice o.o
Oct 29, 2009 6:47 PM

Sep 2009
snsninja said:

The bunny sounded evil...?
i didn't really notice o.o

I think it was more the sudden mysterious music in the background and the sudden zoom in. I only looked at that scene once so maybe if I were to look at it a second time I wouldn't get that feeling.
Oct 29, 2009 10:34 PM

Nov 2007
Well, an plot twist occurs. There's a time limit. can't wait for next ep.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

236 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 2, 2010

115 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 26, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.