Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 26, 2009 5:04 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I enjoyed this episode...

I found Gentou and Akiho to be a great addition to the humor in this episode... mmm presents Those Santa outfits were great and the almost-curtsy that Haruka did was especially cute.

The ending was great though, the choice of the ring... but I think Yuuto's actions were a little too over the top, still a loving scene... oh well we get a yummy Yukari scene..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2009 5:38 PM

Aug 2009
Holy crap! They cut down on the fanservice! It was getting to be a bit too much for me.
EDIT: Er, you know what. Never mind

Still the santa outfits....actually, that part was nicccee. "Gaoooo~"

I rarely mention this but Haruka's dad is awesome.

Just realized that Alice has Belphegor from Dokuro-chan
garfield15Oct 26, 2009 5:46 PM
Oct 26, 2009 11:19 PM

Sep 2009
Nice episode. It was funny/entertaining.

...they were so close to getting more intimate (near kiss), oh well...I guess we still have to wait.

(still quite a bit of fanservice)
Oct 27, 2009 5:21 AM

Nov 2007
Christmas episode ^^ so cute.
love Alice-chan

Oct 27, 2009 5:47 AM

Oct 2009
I think the fan service (I guess everyone calls the perverted stuff like that so I will conform myself) was more than before. There was less exposure but more provocation. Liked a lot the romance but the fanservice ruined part of it I will be honest. Like Akiho almost naked and she even said she likes Yuuto but that is good if the mother likes the guy the daughter likes. The comedy was great, from Gentou getting hit by Alicetia to Shiina and her two friends having their skirt upped and their things grabbed by the little brats because the three guys were depressed. Also the phone ruined all of that kiss, too bad for Yuuto. Yuuto falling unconscious and being taken cared of by Haruka was very nice but the best is the ring! The ring is worn on the finger of marriage if all noticed.
Ah these scenes affected me somehow, don't ask why I am new to anime, the other fan service stuff did not but I swear this did. Hard to resist but before that nothing did not even the naked parts.

Furude_Sam said:
Christmas episode ^^ so cute.
love Alice-chan

Yeah the oufits were, but Christmas is not here yet.
garfield15 said:
Holy crap! They cut down on the fanservice! It was getting to be a bit too much for me.
EDIT: Er, you know what. Never mind

Yeah I said they might have but they made things more provocative like ones in the spoiler. That really ruined the nice romance they had going.
garfield15 said:

Yeah it was nice, that's true but which one Mika or Haruka?
garfield15 said:
I rarely mention this but Haruka's dad is awesome.

He was funny, overprotective but Akiho calmed him down.
garfield15 said:

That I don't understand.
francismeunierOct 27, 2009 5:51 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 27, 2009 11:13 AM

Nov 2008
Hmpf, mediocre episode at best. All those festival/holiday episodes don't do much for me. And Francis, unnecessary fanservice indeed. (A cute Sawako sig by the way)

Ugh, what happened to the plot? I know they kind of ruined it in the first season already, since I expected all kind of situations with Haruka trying to keep her secret safe etc etc. What happened to the secret? That's what the whole show was about, am I right?
Oct 27, 2009 5:14 PM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
Hmpf, mediocre episode at best. All those festival/holiday episodes don't do much for me.And Francis, unnecessary fanservice indeed.

Yes, I was so much into the romance of the first season when I finished that this episode proved to me it was still there but interference was always around from the fan service.
desolato said:
(A cute Sawako sig by the way)

Thanks I married her because I love her more than just you know normal fan.

Oct 27, 2009 10:43 PM

Jul 2009
Sigh..fan service to the fullest ~.~
It's frustrating they should just go for the Home,

Well i'm glad that Haruka is back, wait Haruka is supposed to be in it, she is the main char..

A little romance inheritance from the 1st season, yes, but just hoping some plot kicking in not that i hated fanservice that much and not that i dislike lovey dovey every episode..but i'm getting fed up if i swallowed them too much..

garfield15 said:

Ermm, i hate to admit it but yeah..XD
Oct 27, 2009 11:13 PM
May 2009
The end-end was pure win.
Oct 28, 2009 12:01 AM

Oct 2009
asdf1248 said:
The end-end was pure win.

Absolutely adored the ring part.

Oct 28, 2009 12:21 AM

Sep 2008
francismeunier said:

Ah these scenes affected me somehow, don't ask why I am new to anime, the other fan service stuff did not but I swear this did. Hard to resist but before that nothing did not even the naked parts.

it was the same for me

garfield15 said:

yeah i thought that 2
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 28, 2009 1:35 AM

Aug 2008
I seriously thought they were going to kiss in this episode.... who wouldn't seal the deal in that moment.
Oct 28, 2009 7:28 AM

Jan 2009
This episode was pretty good with Haruka-Yuuto sweetness and love... but at the same time, I am conflicted with the amount of fanservice that is completely unnecessary throughout the episode that distracts from the ending... After Diomedea had a field day with the last episode, why not continue the trend since it's a Christmas episode after all... What can you do with Christmas, more panty shots or how about something close to Queen's Blade but not quite the level of Queen's Blade. I have the feeling that all the fanservice in this season is affecting my overall opinion on the second season compared to the first season which is great so far with fanservice at equilibrium. I hope Diomedea would tone down the fanservice a bit so I don't have to complain every time... but ignoring the fanservice drama, I thought the episode was good... so I won't be so harsh this time.

Rating: 8/10 -> 4/5
Oct 28, 2009 8:18 AM

Dec 2008
Wow, a christmas special already and it isn't even Halloween yet, how strange. Not a bad episode though, but still nothing great.
Oct 28, 2009 9:35 AM

Feb 2008
wtf....

two problems

they built up a very romantic situation and no kiss....he even got on his knees. and called her princess STILL NO KISS!!!!

second... she only fell slightly and she ended up nearly nakid. wtf is that. seconds later she was fully dressed like nothing happened. LAME
Oct 28, 2009 10:06 AM

Nov 2008
Exactly what I wanted, something new between those two. I loved this episode :P
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 28, 2009 2:13 PM

Jan 2009
What a horrible wife that poor Gentou has. She basically ordered Alice to kill him during the christmas party. And everyone took it so lightly. I laught my ass off :D

oh, and Haruka's nipples, almost pointing through her clothes <3
RolexiHOct 28, 2009 2:21 PM
Oct 28, 2009 3:56 PM

Nov 2007
Merry Christmas! Yuuta had a fun time.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 28, 2009 3:59 PM

Oct 2009
chikorita157 said:

Same thoughts about the fanservice......it distracts.

Oct 28, 2009 9:50 PM

Aug 2008
They did cut down on the fanservice; I'm kind of glad that they did. Nonetheless, they were still a lot of fanservice. Bleh.

This whole episode was very generic EXCEPT for the ring scene, which I thought was done very nicely. Just because of the ring scene, I'll give this episode a 4/5.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 28, 2009 9:55 PM

Sep 2008
francismeunier said:
chikorita157 said:

Wait, it's supposed to be distracting me from something?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2009 9:57 PM

Mar 2009
Gaooo!
Oct 28, 2009 10:33 PM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
francismeunier said:
chikorita157 said:

Yes, that would be the romance part that is pure but guess it is soiled more than season 1. At least the ring part was a pure one.

Oct 28, 2009 10:46 PM

Aug 2007
fanservice is fan service and i don't really mind that part. what's troublesome is that outside the fan service this show has really nothing much to offer anymore. it's not like the fan service turned a great anime into a bad one; it's just a distraction that most people tend to focus too heavily on. removing all the fan service wouldn't fix the problems with this anime.

as for the ring scene, i don't get how people like it. it's so retarded. how do you go from extremely innocent elementary school romance to getting down on one knee and putting a ring on her left ring finger and skipping everything between... it's totally unrealistic and there's no logical progression to any of this. what the heck did that scene even mean for their relationship anyways? they haven't even kissed this season. seriously, the characters should be as frustrated as the viewers with the progress in their relationship.

and more importantly, what's the deal with shina? why is she even in this anime anymore. i don't get what her and yuuto's relationship is either. it seems like she's not even part of the picture anymore yet they keep her in extra scenes for each episode for the awkwardness and to stall time.

this is turning into the most unnatural, akward, and childish romance comedy anime ever and i'm starting to wonder if they ever did kiss at the end of last season since i was hoping this season would show a lot more progression.
Oct 28, 2009 10:54 PM

Sep 2008
francismeunier said:
HawthorneKitty said:
francismeunier said:
chikorita157 said:

Yes, that would be the romance part that is pure but guess it is soiled more than season 1. At least the ring part was a pure one.
Darn, I guess I'm not easily distracted. =[
Oct 28, 2009 11:13 PM

Nov 2007
Haruka in the santa suit was pretty hot. I could really care less about his teacher and sister really. Haruka's father was pretty amusing as usual. I'm wondering if our new character from last ep will be back or what was the point?

I guess shiina is still around even though she didn't do much. Haruka and Yuuto are way too close for Shiina to have a remote chance at this point.
Oct 29, 2009 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
omg yuuto i hate you forever, haruka is way too hot for you ; ;

If you could get good information so easily, ninjas wouldn't have a job, dood...
Oct 29, 2009 1:20 AM

May 2008
I found Gentou and Akiho to be a great addition to the humor in this episode... mmm presents Those Santa outfits were great and the almost-curtsy that Haruka did was especially cute.
Oct 29, 2009 9:11 PM
Feb 2009
if u want me to choose between haruka n mika i will definitely choose mika , somehow haruka is getting boring... (no, u cannot choose both, stop being greedy >.<)

p.s. just when i thought how come it is snowing when the sky is cleared lol
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 29, 2009 9:34 PM
Aug 2009
can somebody send me a link or tell me where i can find Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu the first season?
Oct 30, 2009 8:21 PM

Oct 2008
tigerz said:
fanservice is fan service and i don't really mind that part. what's troublesome is that outside the fan service this show has really nothing much to offer anymore. it's not like the fan service turned a great anime into a bad one; it's just a distraction that most people tend to focus too heavily on. removing all the fan service wouldn't fix the problems with this anime.

as for the ring scene, i don't get how people like it. it's so retarded. how do you go from extremely innocent elementary school romance to getting down on one knee and putting a ring on her left ring finger and skipping everything between... it's totally unrealistic and there's no logical progression to any of this. what the heck did that scene even mean for their relationship anyways? they haven't even kissed this season. seriously, the characters should be as frustrated as the viewers with the progress in their relationship.

and more importantly, what's the deal with shina? why is she even in this anime anymore. i don't get what her and yuuto's relationship is either. it seems like she's not even part of the picture anymore yet they keep her in extra scenes for each episode for the awkwardness and to stall time.

this is turning into the most unnatural, akward, and childish romance comedy anime ever and i'm starting to wonder if they ever did kiss at the end of last season since i was hoping this season would show a lot more progression.

I can't help but agree with this entire post.
Oct 30, 2009 8:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
at least they tried.

better episode compared to last few ones....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 30, 2009 8:57 PM

Jun 2008
Every time I see a Christmas episode in anime it makes me LOL.

How Hilarious, a NATION OF GODLESS HEATHENS celebrating OUR most holiest holiday.
Oct 30, 2009 9:44 PM

Jul 2007
I disapprove of this show, so far. It's been riding on the success of the first 3-4 very good episodes from the beginning of season1. In this very episode, they even milked the awesome opening theme from back then.

I also got the feeling they're not really trying anymore, the Dokoro-chan reference didn't really feel like a hinted reference.. but more of a blatantly copied concept. Just like the whole plot now seems to be taken from Seto no Hanayome.

Last complaint isn't really specific to this anime, but something that all shows like this suffer: In this episode they almost kiss, snuggle up in a bed and have a half-wedding (or at least engagement) in their room.. and I'll be more than surprised if in episode5 they won't be back to SQUEEK YOU'RE SITTING WITHIN 5 METERS OF ME OMGOMGOMGOMG.

My suggestion to fix this would be that either they need to stop showing wobbly bouncy boobs with funny physics every 3min and focus more on what made Nogizaka Haruka watchable to begin with, or have some hawt all-the-way explicit yuri action*. Not some half-half thing : p

*Edit: Involving Mika, of course.
AwesmoeOct 30, 2009 9:48 PM
Oct 30, 2009 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
Mire said:
My suggestion to fix this would be that either they need to stop showing wobbly bouncy boobs with funny physics every 3min and focus more on what made Nogizaka Haruka watchable to begin with, or have some hawt all-the-way explicit yuri action*. Not some half-half thing : p

*Edit: Involving Mika, of course.
I'll take the latter since I've already forgotten what made the first season watchable.
Oct 31, 2009 5:35 AM

Apr 2008
pretty entertaining episode o_O

Oct 31, 2009 10:12 PM

Nov 2008
I knew it was eventually going to get worst but I never thought it would accomplish something of this cheesy magnitude. Well, fanservice is the story, the perfect oh-so innocent Haruka and flat personality of Yuuto doesn’t make this satisfying in the least. Comedy? The ecchi drowns the “comedy”.

The story in this ep seems to be taken from other anime like… an episode from the second season in Ah My Goddess when Keiichi worked his ass off during Christmas time to get a ring and at the end, it snowed. Coincidence? It really doesn’t matter. No feeling of suspense, struggle and development. Was Shiina even thinking of him during “her” scenes? The “marriage” scene… *sigh*. Did they even kiss at the end of the first season? Is it just me or is that the most silent chainsaw in the world for them to not notice? The questions of this brain dead show are haunting me!

I got to say, however, I’m VERY impressed on how bad it’s getting and will not drop it. That’s pretty much why I’m still following it.
Maximatum99Nov 1, 2009 1:57 AM
Oct 31, 2009 10:24 PM

Aug 2008
Oh yes, the Santa costume fetishes...
Nov 1, 2009 1:00 AM

May 2008
Wow, I enjoyed this episode...

The ending was great though, the choice of the ring... but I think Yuuto's actions were a little too over the top, still a loving scene... oh well we get a yummy Yukari scene..
Nov 3, 2009 2:16 AM

May 2008
that was pretty nice Moonlight was a nice name

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 3, 2009 7:03 AM

Dec 2008
Mika's Nurse Guidelines = cool... xD
Nov 6, 2009 9:58 PM

Jan 2008
i wish those santas would visit my house. lucky bastard.
Nov 10, 2009 4:09 AM

Aug 2006
4/5. I liked this episode a lot more than I thought I would at the beginning. The proposal thing was a bit much for me, though, and I usually like corny stuff.

The fanservice didn't bother me so much as that her boobs seem to have gotten way bigger since last season.

Also, Gentou's spiked sideburns are kind of awesome.
Nov 12, 2009 7:16 PM

Dec 2007
I really enjoyed this episode. It was done very well, and the pace is smooth so far. The ring part was epic win, and I want to see them kiss each other. :/ Haruka in santa suit = Hot
Nov 15, 2009 8:59 AM

Feb 2008
Unnecessary fan-service fail. I don't remember S1 sucking this much... It's not boring, just painful to watch.
Dec 12, 2009 12:22 PM

Aug 2009
Nice ep!
May 2, 2010 1:25 AM
Feb 2009
it was ok
Feb 16, 2011 9:54 AM
Jul 2010
Alice is just way too cute :DD
Oct 8, 2012 10:12 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was interesting and funny. So close on the kiss though. Haruka's sister just had to ruin it. Hope they kiss soon and it seems pink hair is out of the question. Especially after being raped by yuuto's sister and his teacher.
Mar 26, 2015 10:25 PM
Mar 2015
I enjoyed this episode, though I did have a couple of gripes. A bit of the fanservice came out of left field, and clearly the artist/director doesn't wear glasses. I know Yuuta is a glasses guy, but nobody wears glasses when they're trying to sleep in bed. It's uncomfortable and bad for the frames.

Second small gripe was that while I found the ring scene to be sweet, I thought that his move to get down on one knee and place the ring on her left ring finger to be a bit much! Go for the right and leave the left one for the engagement/wedding ring.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 5, 2009

102 by tmoverbeck »»
Apr 25, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 19, 2009

71 by toralbabs »»
Feb 14, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 12, 2009

58 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Dec 7, 2009

71 by degenerate-2002 »»
Aug 10, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 8 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Nov 23, 2009

49 by degenerate-2002 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.