Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2009 4:13 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RODRIGUEZ

I didn't really enjoy hearing Kugimiya too much in a Mamiko Noto anime. There was too many similarities with Hayate no Gotoku... except there was no cool butlers and the tsundere was not flat chested.
...I'll admit that her pajamas her cute, but more Haruka please.

This is why you get a normal job...
Lizards go Pigiiiii~!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2009 4:50 PM
May 2009
Two things:

- NO STEAM.
- 5円 paycheck.

That is all.

EDIT: Oh, and モーモーMilk
throwaway513846Oct 19, 2009 5:07 PM
Oct 19, 2009 4:54 PM

Apr 2009
WTF comes to mind here.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Oct 19, 2009 5:25 PM

Oct 2008
so haruka had like 1 minute of screentime here...
Oct 19, 2009 6:50 PM

Aug 2009
As perhaps the biggest Rie Kugimiya fan ever, pretty every 5 minutes I was saying "I love you" to the computer. I'm sorry. I have an illness, but I love KugiRie way too damn much. So what if she plays generic loli tsundere #3892374323, I love that voice darn it!

Lol, Rodoriguezu.

LOVED the Toradora reference.

And what was with those military guys? Were they stereotypically American again? "Hey Joe!"
garfield15Oct 19, 2009 6:53 PM
Oct 19, 2009 6:58 PM

Jun 2007
In itself this episode wasn't all that bad but there was one factor that made it unbearably horrible for me.
Seriously Kugimiya Rie please die a very painful and slow death, but very soon if possible. :V

If that girl appears more often from now on this is as good as dropped.
Oct 19, 2009 7:01 PM

Aug 2009
Mathes said:
In itself this episode wasn't all that bad but there was one factor that made it unbearably horrible for me.
Seriously Kugimiya Rie please die a very painful and slow death, but very soon if possible. :V

In the words of Tieria Erde, "You deserve a thousand deaths!" :P
Oct 19, 2009 7:08 PM

Sep 2008
Mathes said:

Definitely, RieKugi needs to stay quiet like Alice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2009 7:17 PM

Jun 2007
Dropped like a hot potato. Maybe if the prologue had set up a bit more, but as it stands, this episode was crap which seriously deviates from what made the first season good. I'm not going to wait for the next several episodes to turn out as bad as the last two, which will happen given how much of a wuss Yuuto turned into in the break between seasons.

But I do have to give credit where credit is due - they did a great job casting Kugayama Rie as a spoiled Tsundere rich girl. I never thought she had it in her. Kudos to the casting agent who made that decision.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Oct 19, 2009 7:48 PM

Apr 2009
Haruka had one minute of screentime in an anime named after her.

And this episode was waaaay out of the usual for this anime and its prequel. So far every episode was love-love between Yuuto and Haruka, but wtf was this? o_o

Well, it wasn't horrible or anything but nothing great.

3/5
Oct 19, 2009 7:59 PM

Feb 2008
TAIGA ftw. not much screen time for Nogi but i was getting tired of their timid non progressing slime of a relationship....if you can call it that.
Oct 19, 2009 8:08 PM

Sep 2008
so this time we got Kugimiye Rie with a rich loli, ehm Nagi ehm that thhinks like Taiga...that was just great, the only thing that frecked me out was that my lastname is Rodriguez and everytime she called "Rodriguezzu" i thougth that this was the first and probably last time im going to here that name in an anime

asdf1248 said:
Two things:

- NO STEAM.
- 5円 paycheck.

That is all.

EDIT: Oh, and モーモーMilk
lol
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 19, 2009 9:03 PM

Feb 2009
so much hate going around
(\_/)
(-_-) ------> the fat bunny will hopefully end everything
(o)_(o)
Oct 19, 2009 10:47 PM

Sep 2009
Was this show that ecchi last season?...I don't even remember. Ok episode...but I don't feel like enough progress is being made with Haruka.
Oct 19, 2009 11:52 PM

Jul 2009
saxophone15 said:
Was this show that ecchi last season?...I don't even remember. Ok episode...but I don't feel like enough progress is being made with Haruka.

Yeah that was crossed my mind when watching the 2nd episode, i don't feel any heartwarming romance between Yuuto and Haruka again, it's just full of ecchi now, i wonder where is this plot is going to?? and besides where the hell is Haruka??? she only had a little VERY little screen time for a the main character.

I'm very disappointed with the second season, full of random things
Oct 20, 2009 2:41 AM

Dec 2007
Yeah, so far this season has shown itself to be unnecessary...I enjoyed the first season and thought it ended well enough. So far the second season has been nothing but pandering and fanservice.

I mean, I'm glad Mamiko and Rie are getting paychecks and all that, but still...
Oct 20, 2009 3:35 AM

Nov 2008
Agreed with everyone. It shows again, sequels of light comedy/ecchi shows have no real plot/future. And what is with Kugumiya, always making references to either Taiga or Shana. If she thinks those are her only honorable roles, she should just stop doing it.

garfield15 said:
So what if she plays generic loli tsundere #3892374323, I love that voice darn it!
Well, the thing is, you always immediately recognize her. Since the first time I heard her, was as Taiga, now everytime I hear her voicing a character, the character reminds me of Taiga. Which isn't a good thing.
It'd be nice if she would voice someone completely different from her normal casts.

She could use a bit variation.. Actors have to develop their skills and abilities as well, they have to be able to put themselves in the shoes of whatever character. For now her career looks still bright, but in time her roles will decline..
Oct 20, 2009 4:03 AM

Feb 2008
As a fan of non-sensical plot-lines and as a serial time waster...
I liked this ep... admittedly it could have done with more story like everyone wants...

shiina is great, I love the idea of bringing happiness to depressed rich kids who through no fault of their own are rich.

can't say nogizaka belongs to yuuto yet though, its obvious he wants her but, I'm not sure about her wanting him like shiina, or touka....
Oct 20, 2009 4:39 AM

Jan 2009
Totally unnecessary episode. However, Kugimiya Rie saved a lot with her voice.
Oct 20, 2009 5:15 AM

Mar 2009
Oooh.. more Kugimiya

Nice.
Oct 20, 2009 5:26 AM

Aug 2009
RolexiH said:
Totally unnecessary episode. However, Kugimiya Rie saved a lot with her voice.
sukari said:
Oooh.. more Kugimiya

Nice.
See these people know what I'm talking about.
Oct 20, 2009 5:32 AM
Feb 2009
desolato said:
Well, the thing is, you always immediately recognize her. Since the first time I heard her, was as Taiga, now everytime I hear her voicing a character, the character reminds me of Taiga. Which isn't a good thing.
It'd be nice if she would voice someone completely different from her normal casts.

She could use a bit variation.
. Actors have to develop their skills and abilities as well, they have to be able to put themselves in the shoes of whatever character. For now her career looks still bright, but in time her roles will decline..

Try Nabari no Ou.

As for this episode, despite my love for Kugimiya I do not want her to completely take over the episodes of my Mamiko animes. Then again it is Kugimiya that saved this episode from total failure, so I'd say 3/5.
Oct 20, 2009 6:43 AM

Jan 2009
An episode completely dedicated for kugyuuuuuu
Not a bad thing to watch Kugyuuuuuu's acting
But cut out another majority part of this chapter, which was briefly shown at the beginning
A little bit disappointed

The story still follows original novel, although the timeline is different
Looking for next week
Oct 20, 2009 7:24 AM

Oct 2009
I got to say this was a funny comedy but pretty perverted again. Tennouji Touka was a very funny girl and Tsundere (learned that from this series) but her panties shots were useless really to me. I do feel bad about the whole responsability that she has to carry because of her father's death. Pigiiii thing of Yuuto was funny and even more funny that Touka goes to the same school has Yuuto. That horse looks like it might be genetically modified somehow. I did appreciate Yuuto protecting Touka and healing her wound. I also found cute when Touka had that Moo Moo costume thing. Biggest surprise was that Yukari and Ruko killed off more than half of the security system of the Tennouji household and that the household is West of the Nogizaka place. Learned what is Iwashi (sardine). Poor Yuto being paid so low because of Yukari and Ruko. Another thing is: was this necessary?
I never liked the one of Mika in the first episode so why do it again?
Zero_r2 said:
the only thing that frecked me out was that my lastname is Rodriguez and everytime she called "Rodriguezzu" i thougth that this was the first and probably last time im going to here that name in an anime

You joking? It was so funny, especially when I though it was her death lizard.
francismeunierOct 20, 2009 7:27 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 20, 2009 10:17 AM
Feb 2009
seriously, r this mess up ep in manga?!

i have to admit, the fanservice is overdone n doesnt make sense at all.
despite touka looks cute n kugumiya's voice is pleasant to hear, i really begin to getting bored with these typical tsundere...

@desolato, kugumiya does has wide voice range if u look at her profile. just that her typical tsundere voice become too popular n overshadowed other voice cast tho...
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 20, 2009 1:05 PM

Oct 2009
Kugimiya Rie and the references to Toradora made this episode for me, had to laugh quite a few times. Also Haruka in moe moe kyun position was great :D

And yes, Kugimiya Rie can do more than tsundere girls, I love her as Alphonse in FMA too.
Oct 20, 2009 2:18 PM

Jul 2008
man that was kinda stupid and random. did it actually have something to do with the ac? for me touka doesnt seem to be a important char, maybe i am mistaken...

Oct 20, 2009 2:28 PM

Jun 2008
Rie Kugimiya is pure WIN, seriously she is on EVERY SINGLE anime that is airing right now, think about it:

FMA, Umineko, Fairy Tale, Bleach, and now Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.

BTW, all the people who think she isn't talented with her voice should probably hear her as MIZORE in R+V, Shannon in Umineko, Nemu in Bleach, and Alphonse in FMA.

The reason she uses her LOLI voice so much is because thats her "Tsundere" voice, and it's a great voice, remember the job of a voice actor is to make us think that the characters voice is expressed accurately by the actions they are doing, I can honestly not think of anyone better than Rie.

All Hail the "Queen of Tsundere!"
Oct 20, 2009 2:54 PM

Oct 2009
alexcampos said:
Rie Kugimiya is pure WIN, seriously she is on EVERY SINGLE anime that is airing right now, think about it:

FMA, Umineko, Fairy Tale, Bleach, and now Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.

BTW, all the people who think she isn't talented with her voice should probably hear her as MIZORE in R+V, Shannon in Umineko, Nemu in Bleach, and Alphonse in FMA.

The reason she uses her LOLI voice so much is because thats her "Tsundere" voice, and it's a great voice, remember the job of a voice actor is to make us think that the characters voice is expressed accurately by the actions they are doing, I can honestly not think of anyone better than Rie.

Me too with this episode I am starting to like Rie Kugimiya. Thanks for the info about her other roles. Will try to check out her other animes.

Oct 20, 2009 2:57 PM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:
alexcampos said:

Me too with this episode I am starting to like Rie Kugimiya. Thanks for the info about her other roles. Will try to check out her other animes.
See look at that. See how easy that was? All you have to do is exalt KugiRie's great name and everything's great XD
Oct 20, 2009 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
There's just too many RieKugi fanboys/girls on MAL.
Oct 20, 2009 3:57 PM

Jun 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
QFT!
Oct 20, 2009 4:41 PM

Jun 2007
Mathes said:
HawthorneKitty said:
QFT!

OFTW!
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Oct 20, 2009 4:44 PM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

She impressed me is all I can say.
francismeunierOct 20, 2009 5:03 PM

Oct 20, 2009 6:35 PM

Jun 2007
francismeunier said:
Well there is nothing wrong if you like her voice,
but when I have heard her use nearly exactly this same tone in Zero no Tsukaima 1-3, Shakugan no Shana 1+2, Hayate no Gotoku 1+2, Maria-sama ga Miteru 2-4, Akane-iro, Kanamemo and Toradora plus all the roles where she sounds, thanks god, just a little different, it's just getting old, boring and very annoying. (:
Oct 20, 2009 6:39 PM

Sep 2008
Mathes said:
francismeunier said:
but when I have heard her use nearly exactly this same tone in Zero no Tsukaima 1-3, Shakugan no Shana 1+2, Hayate no Gotoku 1+2, Maria-sama ga Miteru 2-4, Akane-iro, Kanamemo and Toradora plus all the roles where she sounds, thanks god, just a little different, it's just getting old, boring and very annoying. (:
I agree, her real talent shows up in Gintama... or I just like her take on a Chinese accent.
Oct 20, 2009 6:55 PM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Mathes said:
francismeunier said:
I agree, her real talent shows up in Gintama... or I just like her take on a Chinese accent.

Guess I will have to watch these animes and see for myself. I don't think I will get bored of her voice. Some people do but not I guess it is not my case.

Oct 20, 2009 7:27 PM

Aug 2008
Before commenting on the episode, I want to say something about the Kugimiya Rie convo going on here. Kugimiya Rie SPECIALIZES in tsundere voices; in fact she's so good at it that each time they need a tsundere character, they are going to request Kugimiya to do it. If anything else, that is something for Kugimiya-san to be proud of. I don't see anyone here whining that Noto Mamiko only voices the silent-cutesy girl-type. Anyways, it's obviously a misunderstanding to say that Kugimiya only voices tsundere or Noto only voices the silent girl type. Check their profile on MAL before making any such assumptions.

Now, rant is over. Back to episode. I said in last episode that it was the ecchiest episode I've seen in my life; I take that back. THIS episode is the ecchiest episode I've seen in my entire life. Seriously, I didn't even think Fight Ippatsu! had an ecchier episode, and they show everything in that show. Most of it had to do with Touka; I swear, her panties were showing the entire time she was on-screen. If she has any dignity, she'd get a longer skirt.

And, like other people have pointed out before, this sequel really isn't going anywhere. Most of us here have realized that all the plot was wrapped up in season one, and so far, we are correct in thinking so. The rest of this season will just be more and more ecchi. *sighs* And I was hoping to learn more about the otaku culture from this show.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 20, 2009 9:48 PM
Feb 2009

Omy crazy ep

AGAIn lol

saber ??
Oct 21, 2009 12:06 AM

Oct 2009
Setsia said:

Omy crazy ep

Yeah what in in the world was Yuto thinking ther. This is really perverted part.
Setsia said:

AGAIn lol

Yeah the hand of the mannequin is you know being perverted on top of seeing what king of panties she is wearing.
Setsia said:

saber ??

Yeah I though of Star Wars again.

Oct 21, 2009 2:22 AM

May 2009
francismeunier said:
Setsia said:

Omy crazy ep

Yeah what in in the world was Yuto thinking ther. This is really perverted part.

Not his fault she comes charging at him and lands dead-center with her crotch in his face. She shouldn't have jumped at him in the first place then.

Anyway, I'm assuming Touka will become of importance later on in the show, else I don't really see why we should be introduced to a new character.

Also, who else knew that the 'intruders' were Yuuto's sis and his teacher?

And episode 1 is the still the 'ecchiest' IMO. We've seen pretty much every girl naked there. I don't think mere pantyshots can top that.
Oct 21, 2009 9:31 AM

Oct 2009
AO968 said:
francismeunier said:
Setsia said:

Omy crazy ep

AO968 said:
Not his fault she comes charging at him and lands dead-center with her crotch in his face. She shouldn't have jumped at him in the first place then.

I do admit Touka was hyper there.
AO968 said:
Anyway, I'm assuming Touka will become of importance later on in the show, else I don't really see why we should be introduced to a new character.

She is west of the Nogizaka house so I think their families know each other somehow.
AO968 said:
Also, who else knew that the 'intruders' were Yuuto's sis and his teacher?

Yeah that was ridiculous. Ayase would have made more money than what he did make if they did not destroy the system.
AO968 said:
And episode 1 is the still the 'ecchiest' IMO. We've seen pretty much every girl naked there. I don't think mere pantyshots can top that.

Yeah it's true but depends on personnal opinion. To me this very ecchi but 1st episode was the most. This episode still affects me more than 1st episode.

Oct 21, 2009 9:39 AM
Dec 2008
After watching 106 animé series, this is the first one I've ever dropped... but it deserved it! It's just bloomin' awful!
Oct 21, 2009 10:14 AM

Apr 2009
I really love Kugimiya Rie's tsudere voice as well as her role in FMA. But even she can't save this episode.

I couldn't stop thinking about Hayate no Gotoku when watching this episode. Rie's tsudere char was almost painful to watch as it felt so inferior and generic to her previous roles. I guess they ran out of ideas. They should have made this season an OVA.

I will watch the rest of the episodes as a batch as I don't feel like waiting every week for them.
madaodonoOct 22, 2009 9:13 AM
Oct 21, 2009 4:05 PM

Nov 2007
Okay, this was really bad.
Oct 21, 2009 5:16 PM
Aug 2009
I really don't get the point of this episode.
Oct 21, 2009 5:50 PM

Aug 2009
Habs said:
A NEW CHARACTER APPROACHES (with fanservice)

That was the point of the episode.
Oct 21, 2009 5:58 PM

Oct 2009
garfield15 said:
Habs said:
A NEW CHARACTER APPROACHES (with fanservice)

That was the point of the episode.

Don't forget Moo-moo 100% organic milk advertisement.

Oct 21, 2009 6:08 PM

Nov 2007
wtf the butler had a lightsaber?

and we get Louise with some Taiga mixed in.... and a cow sotume.the maids are apparently good stalkers and they never lose Yuuto. I also saw it coming way in advance the attack was from his weirdo sister and teacher. surprisingly not much Haruka,. I don't get the point of adding pointless love interests as this is clearly all about Haruka oh well it wasn't bad.
Oct 21, 2009 9:06 PM

Oct 2008
Terrible episode tbh. If an episode is only going to have 30 seconds of one of the mains then it needs to be a good episode. This was shit. If they really did run out of ideas for a season 2 then they shouldnt of made it. Adding a shit load of fan service isnt going to make up for a dull episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 5, 2009

102 by tmoverbeck »»
Apr 25, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 26, 2009

55 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 12, 2009

58 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Dec 7, 2009

71 by degenerate-2002 »»
Aug 10, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 8 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Nov 23, 2009

49 by degenerate-2002 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.