Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 5, 2009 4:16 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought I was getting trolled in the beginning... in a good way.
It's been so long, I don't even remember half the characters anymore, but Mamiko Noto's voice is enough to satisfy me.
Alice-chan is so cute though. <3
CURSE THE OVER-CENSORING!

Okay, admit it, who wanted to watch Nocturne Girl's School Lacrosse Club instead?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2009 4:22 PM

Jan 2009
Curse that lame gradient steam cloud! I wanted to see some bare skin :Þ
Oct 5, 2009 5:05 PM

Jun 2008
I love the new opening song. So far so good, except for the fansub that I watched. Whoever it was needs to learn how to sub better, seriously. When did Onii-chan translate into Cute-boy?

And curse that damn censoring. This is probably one of the worst censoring I've ever seen. It covers like half of the screen. Seriously, at least use the steam censor where it's a bit blurry, not white out everything.
KumojakiOct 5, 2009 5:09 PM
Oct 5, 2009 5:37 PM

Jul 2008
I really enjoyed this episode. What better way to start of a series than with a trip to the hot springs! I look forward to seeing the pink-haired singer in the inro.

GradationSo far so good, except for the fansub that I watched. Whoever it was needs to learn how to sub better, seriously.[/quote said:

I know! They really screwed up the commas. Let's hope for higher-quality subs!
Oct 5, 2009 5:41 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty good so far but not digging the censoring.
Alica-chan = Super cute and super scary.
Support the anime by watching it on Crunchyroll, HorribleSubs are indeed horrible.
metalsnakezeroOct 5, 2009 5:45 PM
Oct 5, 2009 5:46 PM

Aug 2008
Decent start to the second season. Over censoring was bad, but wasn't really annoying.

Op was good, not quite as good as the op to the first season though.

metalsnakezero said:
Support the anime by watching it on Crunchyroll, HorribleSubs are indeed horrible.

+1
Oct 5, 2009 5:58 PM

Jul 2008
Censors really butchered that episode, they were so bad that you couldn't even tell what was going on. It was an ok episode though, hopefully we will get a little more progression out of the main couple before the end of the series.
Oct 5, 2009 6:00 PM

Jan 2008
Ye God's the subs were bad a good deal of the time. The censoring made me rage for a great deal of the time. Here's hoping that AQS subs the uncensored Episodes when released.
Oct 5, 2009 6:18 PM

Jun 2007
I believe the subs where ripped from crunchyroll wrong or something. I don't think Horriblesubs sub anything anymore. If they did they would have obviously noticed the weird characters.

With that said this episode failed big time due to censors. They should have started the first episode off with something less censor intense :(.
Oct 5, 2009 6:34 PM

Jan 2009
You should see screenshots of the TV version, it's uncensored.
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Oct 5, 2009 6:44 PM

Nov 2007
HorribeSub's had that awful characters mess up. The censors for the hot spring were bad.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 5, 2009 6:46 PM

Apr 2009
What better way to start off than with a fanservice episode, but the steam was indeed bad.

Though at the beginning I thought I had downloaded the wrong show lol.

Great start for second season still, 5/5 :)
Oct 5, 2009 7:13 PM

Nov 2008
good episode, hated the steam
Oct 5, 2009 7:46 PM

Jun 2007
Censor steam fits this show. I don't want my 50 proof quality moe spoiled by cheap fanservice.

And on that note, cutely awesome first episode. My top show of the season at the moment.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Oct 5, 2009 8:21 PM

Jul 2009
I though i watched the wrong anime when i saw Nocturne Girl's School Lacrosse Club XD, i checked the file once more

Well Alice-chan seems to be interesting..and Nobunaga is adorable always, how come he noticed Yuuto come together with Nogizaka without question him? and didn't make a big fussed in school?

Yeah the Over Censoring is way too much, half screen block dammit

HawthorneKitty said:

Okay, admit it, who wanted to watch Nocturne Girl's School Lacrosse Club instead?
Me!!! not instead but both of them =3
Oct 5, 2009 8:33 PM

Aug 2009
$(##@*(# STEAM!

Actually not really, but it was a bit overkill.

With that said, if Yuuto doesn't say those three words by the end of this season, I'm gonna lose it.
Oct 5, 2009 8:34 PM

Sep 2008
at least out, but damm censoring
and there are 2 things that impresed me, alice-chan(in a lo of ways) and of course, nobunaga i didnt remembered he was so...i cant deescribe it, i would have never ever given that ticket
Laevantein said:

HawthorneKitty said:

Me!!! not instead but both of them =3
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 5, 2009 8:39 PM

Apr 2008
that was ... okay ?! o_o

Oct 5, 2009 9:18 PM

Apr 2009
I thought i was in the wrong anime.. haha.. but the characters in there look like the original cast, too..

anyway.. nice episode.. the censoring and the subbing will make me redownload another subber's or another version later.. but i never thought they are not official yet.. what a shame.. it's like we're back to the same drawing board as season 1.. but i still like it.. haruka and mika FTW.. the mamiko noto reference was also funny..
Oct 5, 2009 9:55 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episodes, ugh subs... But Haruka-chan's back so that's all that matters.

And Alice-chan = full of win.
Oct 5, 2009 10:21 PM

Jul 2007
This episode just made me develop a hatred of every female character in the anime for some reason :/ They are .... annoying! I just can't find the right words to decribe how annoyed I felt watching this episode (no reference to the censors because I didn't even care about those)
Oct 5, 2009 10:44 PM

May 2009
Its always good to see more characters
I liked the episode
btw Alice-chan is so fun ^^
Oct 5, 2009 11:31 PM

Jul 2009
That makes us 3 people for mistaken Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu : Purezza as Nocturne Girl's School Lacrosse Club XD

neverless said:
This episode just made me develop a hatred of every female character in the anime for some reason :/ They are .... annoying! I just can't find the right words to decribe how annoyed I felt watching this episode (no reference to the censors because I didn't even care about those)
Seriously, how can you survived watching the first season??
Oct 6, 2009 12:16 AM

Sep 2008
Hmm ok start. I quite enjoyed the first series but then again my anime tastes have changed quite a bit over the past year. These kinds of series don't appeal to me much anymore. I do think the romance was handled nicely in this episode though, seems like they will develop it very well through this season. The first half of the episode was crap though. Unoriginal Onsen episode with all the characters being there 'sigh' new maid is annoying, other maids are annoying.... Just shoved tons of fanservice in and all the people who care are annoyed cause crunchy censored it so much. Hopefully this season will not bother with random fanservice or pointless things much cause this season could have started better.

Oh the subs were horrid, truly horrid.
Oct 6, 2009 12:24 AM

Sep 2008
velcom said:
Hmm ok start. I quite enjoyed the first series but then again my anime tastes have changed quite a bit over the past year. These kinds of series don't appeal to me much anymore. I do think the romance was handled nicely in this episode though, seems like they will develop it very well through this season. The first half of the episode was crap though. Unoriginal Onsen episode with all the characters being there 'sigh' new maid is annoying, other maids are annoying.... Just shoved tons of fanservice in and all the people who care are annoyed cause crunchy censored it so much. Hopefully this season will not bother with random fanservice or pointless things much cause this season could have started better.

Oh the subs were horrid, truly horrid.
Well, it's not only Crunchy, the version MX broadcast had the same steam effects. Yeah, MX, the same broadcasting company that had the least censored version of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. I'm guessing it's just the airing time that decided the amount used.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2009 12:28 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa, the censors really slaughtered this episode. But still, this was a pretty nice first episode.
Oh, and whoever did the CR subs needs to stop being so lazy and do some research. Komiké? The fuck is that?!
Oct 6, 2009 12:39 AM

Sep 2008
I know right? I know someone already said it but bloody hell Onii-chan does not mean cute boy! -_-
Oct 6, 2009 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
First drop candidate and worst episode of both seasons yet. Wouldn't be watching this if I had less time. They even didn't make an effort for proper steam ~.~
CR subs were the worst I have seen for a long time, they can compete with western DVD releases ... should have watched a raw :<
Oct 6, 2009 1:16 AM

Jan 2009
the first episode showed some fan-services compared to the season 1..
hmm...gonna look how those things will go...

Oct 6, 2009 2:50 AM

Dec 2007
Might as well get the onsen episode out of the way first...

I really liked the first season of this. I hope the second season doesn't run it into the ground...I mean, they pretty much made their point at the end of the first season. Which leads me to believe that this one's going to be nothing but fanservice and false hopes for Shiina...
Oct 6, 2009 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't really care about the steam. I mean that kind of fanservice is so overused I am amazed ppl still want to see that.

I pretty much liked the first season, but now this kind of show just seems so old and generic. They even started with a hot spring episode. :/
The romance parts were ok, though their embarrassed behaviour was really getting on my nerves. I know it was the same in S1, but it's just not cute or funny any more.

Not sure if I should continue watching that. I know there are some funny parts here and there and I have some idiotic hopes for a good romance plot, but is that worth sitting through the generic and boring parts?

Now for some positive things about the episode. The misleading beginning was well done. Additionally, that new loli maid was fairly entertaining and the OP-Video was really impressive. Might have been the best OP of this new season for now.
Oct 6, 2009 4:51 AM
Oct 2009
I for one thought that it was a great idea to start the show, identical to the first season.... It made people wonder WTF????

but I do think the spa episode should have been saved for later, like ep. 6. and the reason yuuto's best friend doesn't get suprised about yuuto and Haruka, is because everybody except yuuto shina and haruka knows that they are in love with each other..

the main characters are the last to know how they really feel. and it looks like this one is going to be just as good as the first when it comes to anime and manga referenceses.

alice-chan is just a personifacation of angel doku-chan...

but I just hope the DVDs are not as cencored like the first season, we didn't even get to see the kiss in the end...
Oct 6, 2009 4:53 AM

Jul 2009
mudduck454 said:

but I just hope the DVDs are not as cencored like the first season, we didn't even get to see the kiss in the end...
Yeah screwed the rainbow f*cking fish
Oct 6, 2009 5:02 AM
Feb 2009
FU*CKING CENSORRRRRRRRRR
who the hell that do those damn censor.......

i believe i can do better......

but overall a good start with an onsen....

3 of 5 didn't like the "cute-boy" subs and those damn fu*cking censor....
Oct 6, 2009 5:38 AM

Jul 2008
wow the op was cool. haha that was soo stupid xD
this sounds like harukas voice hahahah
but impo pretty "senseless" for a 2nd season, since i dont think that there would be much of a obstacle that hinders them to become a couple. so a siina xx yuuto is not really possible anymore. i will stick to it though.
edit: the titles are all so perverted xD or i just have dirty thoughts^^

Oct 6, 2009 7:44 AM

Jan 2008
I laughed at "You cant look there, no matter what!" XD
Oct 6, 2009 9:14 AM

Jul 2008
Hopefully a real sub group(not crunchyroll rips >_>) picks this up and uses the MX raws, they are practically uncensored.
Oct 6, 2009 9:51 AM
Jun 2009
Overall good story, but the censoring was annoying and the sub's were messed up.

3/5, would have been better without the censoring and the messed up subs
Oct 6, 2009 10:20 AM

Mar 2009
Laevantein said:
I though i watched the wrong anime when i saw Nocturne Girl's School Lacrosse Club XD, i checked the file once more

Me too XD I was convinced that they had added the wrong file :D
I thought that this ep was really funny. I loved and the op and the ed was just too cute XD

I hope they will start dating but for some reason I kinda feel sorry for Shiina
Renge89Oct 6, 2009 10:47 AM

Oct 6, 2009 12:51 PM
May 2009
yeah i thought i downloaded the wrong file too, i felt the same way when i watched genshiken.

well the selfdesrciptive subs....er i mean horrible subs were tolerable just needed to paust at a few points to make sure i read things the right way.

alice has that combo of scary and cute that makes her just too damn adorable
Oct 6, 2009 1:48 PM

Jun 2007
EXCALIBOLG GIRL!
fuck, no!

..and fine first episode, ignoring the heavy amount of fanservice and even though it started out really meh and vague.
Oct 6, 2009 2:45 PM

Aug 2006
Well... I think I know what I'm going to get with this.

...I'm still watching it anyway.

I also thought it was hilarious when the maid mentioned how she couldn't see because of the steam. Yes, apparently all of this was intentional because

BUY NOGIZAKA HARUKA DVDS
Oct 6, 2009 3:41 PM
Dec 2007
Seeing this first episode of Purezza, I don't really remember why I watched the whole first season. Was there something that catched my attention, the synopsis maybe? Oh well, I don't remember anything appart that the heroine was a shy moe otaku and that the ending (well, everything after episode 3 if I remember correctly) sucked. There's absolutely nothing above average in this start of second season, not counting that the new additions and few developments are really bad. I don't think I'll watch more honestly...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 6, 2009 3:58 PM

Jan 2008
metalsnakezero said:
Pretty good so far but not digging the censoring.
Alica-chan = Super cute and super scary.

cant watch it at Crunchyroll cause ....
cnp:
"Sorry, this video is not available in your region due to licensing restrictions. We are trying to obtain worldwide rights for this title."

so i have to hope for a subgroup :/

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Oct 6, 2009 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
dropped this after watching the episode, although i might watch this once all episodes have aired.
Oct 6, 2009 4:22 PM

Aug 2008
It was a good first ep. Though the subs where terrible. Looking forward for the next episode.
Oct 6, 2009 4:23 PM

Sep 2008
Apparently Zero Raw's MX broadcast was defected or something since they did air a less censored version, perhaps some other group has released it...
Oct 6, 2009 6:24 PM

Aug 2009
I noticed the problems with sub as well but it wasn't enough to distract from the viewing. Overall a decent first episode.
Oct 6, 2009 7:29 PM

Aug 2008
It was an OK start, I guess. I wasn't happy with the fact that this episode was ecchier than any episode in the first season. Nonetheless, it was still kind of cute and entertaining, I guess. 3/5 for me.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 6, 2009 8:05 PM
Oct 2007
I like how they kept the same style for the OP and ED as the 1st season. The OP was especially nice to watch. Other than that, nothing spectacular.

If they spend this whole season on just Haruka and Yuuto trying to get over their "Oh, what kind of relationship are we in?" and "I wonder how he/she really feels about me?", then I'm going to be very bored. So, hopefully, that doesn't happen. I'd like to see more otaku culture exploration rather than everyday triangle-lovey-dovey romance as far as this show is concerned.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 26, 2009

55 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 19, 2009

71 by toralbabs »»
Feb 14, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 12, 2009

58 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Dec 7, 2009

71 by degenerate-2002 »»
Aug 10, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 8 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Nov 23, 2009

49 by degenerate-2002 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.