Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2014 1:12 AM

Jan 2011
Kineta said:
We have backups for the site, but the main staff who run the site don't have immediate access to them. So we need to wait for Crave (the company that owns us) to restore the anime database.

Crave showing just how little they care.

j0x said:
shadowdogg said:
Hasn't this site been hacked before, shouldn't lessons be learnt by now?

last year it happened it was much worse because the forum threads are full of gore/disgusting images, but now that the img tag has whitelist system then we do not see any disgusting images so at least they are doing something eventhough its just little effort
There were gore pics in the forum the other day...
Sep 2, 2014 1:17 AM

Jul 2010
LOL. Came back after months. 9001 episodes everywhere yet my half time (days) stats is gone. SSJ now deserve an award for playing with MAL.
Han-yuuSep 2, 2014 1:47 AM
Sep 2, 2014 1:20 AM

Jun 2014
It's not because the site is free, that we don't have the right to complain. Nothing is free and if it is, we are the product. They better treat their products right. I bet they get a shitload of money because of us through ads each month.
Sep 2, 2014 1:26 AM

Jan 2009
ReaperCreeper said:

j0x said:

last year it happened it was much worse because the forum threads are full of gore/disgusting images, but now that the img tag has whitelist system then we do not see any disgusting images so at least they are doing something eventhough its just little effort

ye i remember someone creating a thread about it on the supports forum, it just slipped my mind, so i guess the whitelist system can still be bypass
Sep 2, 2014 1:37 AM

Nov 2008
j0x said:
ye i remember someone creating a thread about it on the supports forum, it just slipped my mind, so i guess the whitelist system can still be bypass

The whitelist never was implemented. Crave used a different solution in order to enable images on the site again.
Sep 2, 2014 1:39 AM
Mar 2014
El_Aniki95 said:
It's not because the site is free, that we don't have the right to complain. Nothing is free and if it is, we are the product. They better treat their products right. I bet they get a shitload of money because of us through ads each month.

What we mean by FREE, is that we don't pay money from our pockets for none of the services MAL offers us, and i highly doubt that any of you which complain of backup, security, etc., were ever moderators anywhere, so that they know the risks and everything. Would it make you feel better if Mr. Xinil told you why he do that, why he doesn't do that? Would it change a damn shet if you knew what is the reason for MOD's behaviour?

And for all that complain of security:TRY COMING WITH SOLUTIONS TO HOW TO DO IT, not plain ideas, which my 3-year old child can come up with.

MAL is doing its best to fix this, so none of you have any right to complain, even if it were to close now site forever. You're not at a concert where you paid tickets.
Sep 2, 2014 1:42 AM

Jan 2011
j0x said:
ReaperCreeper said:

They didn't actually put up a whitelist.
Kineta said:
The whitelist was actually not implemented in the end as Crave found an alternative solution that they were satisfied with. However, just in case there comes a time where we may need the whitelist, I'll save this topic - but will lock and un-sticky it to prevent confusion.
Sep 2, 2014 1:45 AM

Jun 2014
getodac97 said:
El_Aniki95 said:

What we mean by FREE, is that we don't pay money from our pockets for none of the services MAL offers us, and i highly doubt that any of you which complain of backup, security, etc., were ever moderators anywhere, so that they know the risks and everything. Would it make you feel better if Mr. Xinil told you why he do that, why he doesn't do that? Would it change a damn shet if you knew what is the reason for MOD's behaviour?

And for all that complain of security:TRY COMING WITH SOLUTIONS TO HOW TO DO IT, not plain ideas, which my 3-year old child can come up with.

MAL is doing its best to fix this, so none of you have any right to complain, even if it were to close now site forever. You're not at a concert where you paid tickets.

I know what people mean with free. But it's not because something is free, that we just have to learn how to live with it. The weather is free, yet people still complain.
Sep 2, 2014 1:48 AM

Jan 2009
ReaperCreeper said:
j0x said:

They didn't actually put up a whitelist.
Kineta said:
The whitelist was actually not implemented in the end as Crave found an alternative solution that they were satisfied with. However, just in case there comes a time where we may need the whitelist, I'll save this topic - but will lock and un-sticky it to prevent confusion.

thats bad news then, a whitelist system is better
Sep 2, 2014 2:12 AM

Aug 2009
Is there way, to export my list?
Sep 2, 2014 2:16 AM
Jul 2013
mareczek65 said:

Go to your list, and at the top where says "You are viewing your anime list", there is an export option right below.
Sep 2, 2014 2:17 AM
Feb 2014
mareczek65 said:

On the black panel at the top of your anime list next to the 'forum' button.
Sep 2, 2014 2:26 AM
Aug 2010
Does it really take so long to fix everything?
People usually have backups to avoid this kind of situation, does not seen to be the case here.
Sep 2, 2014 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
Akiyama-san said:
People usually have backups to avoid this kind of situation, does not seen to be the case here.

It's been mentioned multiple times that staff don't have access to backups. Only crave and xinil does. Just have to be patient, it will get sorted eventually.
Sep 2, 2014 2:32 AM
Dec 2013
I have a question: I am watching a 14 episode anime series called Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - http://myanimelist.net/anime/147/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien I have only 1 final episode left to watch, but the episode count has been raised to 9001. Can I still watch the 14th episode and set it as Complete or should I wait bit in order not to cause a glitch?
Sep 2, 2014 2:47 AM

Feb 2014
I was trying to read a synopsis of a specific anime and what did it say?

"Prepare yourself for another 9001 action-packed episodes oozing with epicness!"

This is bullsh*t! I wasted 2 seconds for reading that...

I want to kidnap this hacker in real life, tie him up, skin him alive and then finally put vinegar inside the open wounds..
LOL
Sep 2, 2014 2:55 AM

Sep 2013
Vladislav_Paizis said:
I have a question: I am watching a 14 episode anime series called Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - http://myanimelist.net/anime/147/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien I have only 1 final episode left to watch, but the episode count has been raised to 9001. Can I still watch the 14th episode and set it as Complete or should I wait bit in order not to cause a glitch?

Better not update anything on your anime list. Wait til they fix the messed up database.
That's all we can do..
---
And please guys, don't post unnecessarily in this thread. It's hard to track if there are any updates on the problem we're having now.
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
Sep 2, 2014 2:58 AM
Apr 2012
It shouldn't be that easy to modify the anime database with a mod account, wow. It's been 4 days and it's still not fixed, huge letdown. Just when I wanted to add a bunch of shows I've watched in the summer. This isn't the first time it takes so long to fix the probllems. A few months ago when you clicked on the "score" tab to see the highest scores of your search criteria it would give an error. Or last year when the anime stats wouldn't update for weeks.
Sep 2, 2014 3:03 AM

Aug 2013
It's him D:

Sep 2, 2014 3:21 AM

Feb 2014
Deth93 said:
Vladislav_Paizis said:

Better not update anything on your anime list. Wait til they fix the messed up database.
That's all we can do..
---
And please guys, don't post unnecessarily in this thread. It's hard to track if there are any updates on the problem we're having now.

Damn.. I can't add anything on my list yet until it gets fixed?
LOL
Sep 2, 2014 3:33 AM
May 2014
hey mods the synopsis, episode numbers and rankings are still all f*'d-up. . .when can the site be back to normal. . .sorry for being almost impatient. . .hope you guys can solve it and keep it from being messed up again. . .i like this site. . . :D :) ^_^ more power to the moderators
Sep 2, 2014 3:38 AM

Jun 2014
ignominy15 said:
hey mods the synopsis, episode numbers and rankings are still all f*'d-up. . .when can the site be back to normal. . .sorry for being almost impatient. . .hope you guys can solve it and keep it from being messed up again. . .i like this site. . . :D :) ^_^ more power to the moderators

2 more hours.

Team Blackbeard||Hot Seat Thread||-主人-様 <3||DIE
Sep 2, 2014 3:54 AM
Nov 2012
M_F_M said:
ignominy15 said:

2 more hours.

And then what?
Sep 2, 2014 4:00 AM
Aug 2013
Fucking hacker ._.
Sep 2, 2014 4:01 AM
Oct 2013
Eh, just take a pen and paper and write down what you're watching if you really care to track it. System comes back when it comes back.
Sep 2, 2014 4:16 AM

May 2014
Is it ok to update anime thats still normal
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Sep 2, 2014 4:38 AM
Jan 2014
CrotakuShinobi said:
Is it ok to update anime thats still normal

I don't see why not.
Sep 2, 2014 4:45 AM

Apr 2013
The Saki page got messed up pretty bad.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5671/Saki
Sep 2, 2014 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
Damn the security system have to be a little more tighter. :/ My list is filled with 9001 episodes and I didn't know I can watch that much episode in a day. .__. Even the number of days I watched the anime is messed up. This is troublesome >w< Imagine if our list becomes empty. o_o
Sep 2, 2014 5:02 AM

Jun 2008
I am kind of wondering if the mods are looking fr the messed up shows?
If they are doing the whole thing one by one then shouldn't they ask for our help in informing them what shows we find with problems by making a thread for such a purpose?
I am saying this because many hentai or small ovas etc have been messed up and shows that is not that easy to find. The name being messed up is easy since they can just put the name "SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!" in the search and find all the messed up anime but the episode count is hard to find i think.

Kingorgg said:
Akiyama-san said:

It's been mentioned multiple times that staff don't have access to backups. Only crave and xinil does. Just have to be patient, it will get sorted eventually.

Wait, this sound stupid. So what if the staff don't have access, why doesn't Xinil and Crave then use the backup. If the staff is suppose to fix all that with no access then how are they gonna bring back things like the description of the anime?
Are they suppose to be using Google cash?
Crazy things really.
Also by seeing a Google cash page you can fix episodes, description and name in a few minutes so if 3-4 people even did all that one by one they should have fixed many shows by now, how many shows did this guy changed?
Sep 2, 2014 5:04 AM

Oct 2013
To Aru Kagaku Railgun still has the 9001 episodes garbage
Sep 2, 2014 5:05 AM

Jun 2008
Atsuki_Kimidori said:

Like many others. You can still see the correct version using cashed pages.
Click
Sep 2, 2014 5:19 AM

Jan 2009
Yhuuro said:

Funny thing is, whenever you reverse search an image in a scrambled anime entry, the correct anime name will appear in the Google search results lol.

It's even easier. Hint: there's a thing called "ID" for every database entry.
Sep 2, 2014 5:44 AM

Nov 2013
I just hope we dont get a rollback. :D
Sep 2, 2014 5:45 AM

May 2010
What do these hackers get from taking such actions anyway? Enjoyment? Pathetic.
Sep 2, 2014 5:46 AM
Aug 2012
What you need to do is start being more strict on the moderators because who has to suffer in the end? The USERS that's who. Step it up man your website gets hacked like 3 times every year.
Sep 2, 2014 5:54 AM

Aug 2009
Monad said:
Atsuki_Kimidori said:

Like many others. You can still see the correct version using cashed pages.
Click

how you doing cashed pages?
Sep 2, 2014 5:57 AM

Apr 2013
Kingorgg said:
Akiyama-san said:

Then what are "they" waiting for? This is barely an answer.

This has started to get boring. I want to be able to complete anime I actually... completed... you know?

Also, you do realize if rollback will really mean reverting our list updates, then the longer the wait is the greater the loss will be...
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Sep 2, 2014 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Prequel said:
Kingorgg said:

This has started to get boring. I want to be able to complete anime I actually... completed... you know?

Also, you do realize if rollback will really mean reverting our list updates, then the longer the wait is the greater the loss will be...

I doubt, if it happens, they will rollback the whole database. All they have to do is revert the table where the anime descriptions and stuff are, which won't affect the lists, as they will most likely be stored in another table of the database. That is of course what I would do anyway.

I don't know why they haven't restored all the data, it is not like I am in personal contact with xinil. I'm just echoing what others have said because people can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread.
Sep 2, 2014 6:25 AM

Nov 2009
I'm surprised it could possibly take this long for the damage to be undone, but at least it doesn't matter with all those sites being down.
Sep 2, 2014 7:05 AM

Feb 2010
Kingorgg said:
Prequel said:

I doubt, if it happens, they will rollback the whole database. All they have to do is revert the table where the anime descriptions and stuff are, which won't affect the lists, as they will most likely be stored in another table of the database. That is of course what I would do anyway.

I don't know why they haven't restored all the data, it is not like I am in personal contact with xinil. I'm just echoing what others have said because people can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread.

Have actual mods or anyone confirmed that this is possible? It would be great to know that my list won't be rollbacked a week from now, because honestly that has been my biggest worry, and it's a pain to keep up with the list manually in case of a rollback.
I'm used to waiting for fixes on MAL now, no problem, but the thought of having a whole week of my list updates rollbacked without warning makes me uneasy, and so far I don't see any attempts to fix this otherwise or any official statements on how they will proceed so even that bit of confirmation would be great. Are my list updates safe?
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 2, 2014 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
This is where daily database backups are useful...
Sep 2, 2014 7:45 AM

Dec 2008
[quote=mareczek65][quote=Monad]
Atsuki_Kimidori said:

The Persona: Trinity Soul page and the Naruto: Shippuden page have also been attacked.
Sep 2, 2014 7:55 AM
Sep 2007
I deleted some of the ssj vs xinil entries. Should I not have done that?
Sep 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Mar 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I'm used to waiting for fixes on MAL now, no problem, but the thought of having a whole week of my list updates rollbacked without warning makes me uneasy, and so far I don't see any attempts to fix this otherwise or any official statements on how they will proceed so even that bit of confirmation would be great. Are my list updates safe?

Export your list and keep the backup safe. You can always re-import if you need to, or import to a different service.
Developer, sysadmin, and anime addict.
Have an Android smartphone? Try Atarashii!
Sep 2, 2014 8:06 AM
Mar 2011
IMGsuperstar said:
I deleted some of the ssj vs xinil entries. Should I not have done that?
No. It's better to let it as it is because they are fixing it. If you remove them, you'll have some anime removed, unless they do a rollback, but it's still not clear how they will solve it.
Sep 2, 2014 8:08 AM

Dec 2009
motokochan said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Export your list and keep the backup safe. You can always re-import if you need to, or import to a different service.

Just out of curiosity and for my own future benefit: How did you access the export feature? Is it in the panel settings somewhere?

*Edit: :O found it just after at the top of my anime list itself >_< Thanks for pointing this feature out to me though!
Sep 2, 2014 8:10 AM

Mar 2012
NTAD said:
Welp, that didn't last long.

RIP Avatar, your reign was short, but it will be remembered...for the next few seconds.

Goddammit.
Sep 2, 2014 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
@vamp1redem0n2, it's on the list page, right top.

This link will lead you to your own export page:

http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=export
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Sep 2, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
What's with the rankings recently? Anime that were in the top 30 got to top 100-200+ in just one day and vice versa. What's up with that?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

224 by EverySportsAnime »»
3 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.