Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 9:46 PM
Mar 2012
renkinotaku said:
I was so into associated the series with Sawano Hiroyuki, that I kept forgetting this is a Urobutcher anime.

Gen kills characters after they are done with their purpose.
He doesn't kill characters for pure shock value.

Either way,
It's not written by him and there's no way she's dead.
Hero Inaho CPR is coming.
Self referencing is so witty, noone will expect that!
Aug 30, 2014 9:48 PM
Feb 2013
Ok, so Slain is a prisoner and Raylet just killed the princess, so are things gonna be much worse for the human race?
Aug 30, 2014 9:56 PM

Sep 2011
Chiyo361 said:
If what his sister said is true than its a love triangle and this is one of the shows I don't want a love triangle.

Vooo said:
Incoming mouth to mouth

Nooooo! I had enough of that from this series!

If there is any mouth to mouth I'd say it's more likely that Rayet will be performing it. After the assassination attempt she has an OH SHIT moment looking at what she has done.

Also, while Gen might not have written the dialog for this episode he is in charge of the series composition, which is the basic plot and events .. so yeah it's Gen's work.
Aug 30, 2014 9:59 PM

May 2013
RAYET WAT R U DOIN ??????!!!!!

Aug 30, 2014 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
What is Rayet's purpose in this show again? >__>
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 30, 2014 10:04 PM
Nov 2010
MFK said:
The princess is not dead, just passed out. If she was, there would've been blood to depict death. She was just choked out (Does anyone watch mma?)

I hate Rayet or whatever her name is, but can't blame her. Someone emotionally broken would do that. So far, it is the best anime airing this season.

There's two type of choking: a blood choke and air choke. Although Rayet was depicted probably doing a combination of both, if she had done it hard enough to actually choke, the necklace probably would've cut into the princess's skin as well. Realistically though I think the necklace probably would've snapped with that amount of force is applied and resisted.

MMA really has nothing to do with being garroted. Anyways, trying to take the techniques or whatever seriously is a losing battle. Let's just find out if she's dead or not the next episode. The failing power of the Aldnoah drive at least suggest she has to be conscious but could also suggest she is dead. Plot-wise I don't really think she's dead either.

But still, seeing a character you like get choked out and not being able to do anything about it gave me Pyscho-Pass flashbacks.
yngtadpoleAug 30, 2014 10:11 PM
Aug 30, 2014 10:11 PM
Dec 2013
wtf rayet.
don't die asseylum
Aug 30, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2013
Wow that was unexpected. But I doubt she's dead. Probably just unconscious
Aug 30, 2014 10:39 PM
Mar 2014
xchee said:

EXACTLY !

Feb 2008
EarlCiel said:
^ It seems to me someone's seriously pissed about the princess's death.

a) There's always gotta be a character aiming for revenge. There's a role for her. For now.

b) usually when you're ordered to do the job THAT IS A DEAL you are rewarded in bribes or loyalty to own people.
Honestly, they were pretty naive for thinking they would gain something from it. So that's why they did it.
It's not her father's fault he got killed. He didn't sign up for the job knowing he'd get killed.

So I'd bring down that random percentile thrown.

c) When you lose control you freaking lost control of your body. YOUR BODY also includes your mind.
So obviously some screw is loose in her head and she let her rage take over and kill someone. Happens to people.
hate and anger really can make a person do all sorts of things.

I'm not angry about a princess that may not actually be dead. I just simply think that Rayet literally has no pivotal role in here.

And sorry, I'm not buying her having dreams in the shower, losing control of her body and moving over to strangle the princess. That whole entire scene is just a jumble of bullshit. You can lose control of your mind, but to go over and strangle someone like that? eh...

She really has no solid role in this show, it's half-assed, the purpose for her revenge, her background, everything.
Mar 2014
This bitch Rayet I hope she dies man !
Aug 30, 2014 10:41 PM
Aug 2014
is she realy died i think if yes then this anime is done for
anyway it has 24 episode
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/06/30-1/korean-station-lists-summer-anime-episode-count
it is written here
Aug 30, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2013
First episode I really liked and found myself getting into, up until the princess got choked out (she's definitely not dead, it makes no sense in the plot at all, there is no way the Earthlings to have a chance if the princess dies unless the emperor realizes that he's been betrayed). Rayet was almost completely silent until this episode, almost all of her development happened in this one episode. If something like this were to happen, it should have been built up whether the princess is dead or not. I think that moment was purely for shock value.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 30, 2014 11:02 PM

Jul 2008
The princess going down like this would be too easy, I doubt she's really gone. The only thing I'm not sure is if a second season would be available. If thats not the case then the show might end in a way that not everyone would like. I wonder will Rayet still be alive in the end of it.
Aug 30, 2014 11:03 PM

May 2014
Wait, what just happen?! Rayet did you just?!

Aug 30, 2014 11:39 PM

Feb 2014
I wonder how many times that dumb bitch will die. I feel really bad for Slaine because he is attached to her. More Slaine please.
Aug 30, 2014 11:54 PM

Oct 2013
xchee said:

Haytin said:
This is retarded. She suddenly has a mood swing and decides to kill the princess. And her handmaiden conveniently leaves her alone. Seems like characters just act like complete fucking idiots when its beneficial to the plot.

yaHzee said:
She really has no solid role in this show, it's half-assed, the purpose for her revenge, her background, everything.

What people fail to mention is that the ship's engines actually failed, and they crashed. Which can only be due to one reason- lack of an Aldnoah source. Which means that the Princess MUST be dead, or off the ship. Most people here think that she isn't dead. I agree. But the one thing that pisses me off if she's alive is the ship conveniently crashing, just so they could have a dramatic cliffhanger. I mean, seriously, couldn't you just end it with a scene of Rayet choking the Princess and cut to black? Now this cliffhanger will feel stupid when the Princess is still alive next week -.-

Also, I hope she really is dead, and that they charge Rayet with the death penalty. Pretty pointless way to end the episode if it turns out that she's still alive next week and Rayet is forgiven. Back to square 0, because that's what this anime feels like.

Edit: Slaine needs to grow some MC balls.
NotJustJuiceAug 30, 2014 11:58 PM
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Aug 30, 2014 11:58 PM

Jan 2013
xchee said:

Don't ask obvious questions. XD
Aug 30, 2014 11:59 PM
Aug 2014
I hate Rayet as a character. Emotionally challenged, she can't channel her emotions to make logical actions. Yes, she could've avenged her family after using princess to kill all martians.
She had freaking aldnoah drive, bitch.
Yes, I am happy that she is dead, but death in shower... nada, I would've preferred if she had died in battlefield or if she would've sacrificed herself for humanity or for slain.
Aug 31, 2014 12:07 AM

Oct 2007
First SAO II's ending...now Aldnoah Zero does this to me too! Whhyyyy ; ;
Cutting our hearts out with the dinner knife Slaine relinquished.
Aug 31, 2014 12:18 AM

Nov 2012
I'm speechless. Rayet. Dude.
Aug 31, 2014 12:30 AM

Dec 2010
A friend and I had a conversation and we joked about Asseylum being killed in the 9th episode, because thats the episode when stuff usually gets real. But I did not see that coming! My jaw was quite literally on the floor.

I wonder what this development will bring, or if she's even truly dead. I hope she isn't, because I quite like her, but I also like Rayet as well.

So whatever happens, angst will be involved both from the characters and from me!
Aug 31, 2014 1:01 AM
Apr 2013
damn rayet released the chain too soon!!!!! do you know how to killll?!!!
Aug 31, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2011
Had to be in the shower, eh... (I'm sure there are other places where she would be vulnerable. >>)

Rayet was constantly annoying, but wow she really lost it there. Hope she plays a more active role later on after this.
Looks like the princess just passed out though. Unless she's really dead, then that's a nice twist.

I love how the villain so casually introduced himself.
Aug 31, 2014 1:26 AM

Mar 2010
Haytin said:
This is retarded. She suddenly has a mood swing and decides to kill the princess. And her handmaiden conveniently leaves her alone. Seems like characters just act like complete fucking idiots when its beneficial to the plot.

It's just a speculation but maybe she has that subconscious programming to kill the princess or something. I mean, her eyes kinda went blank while listening to Seylum talking and that often indicates some sort of robotic behavior or mind control in anime
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Aug 31, 2014 1:44 AM

Dec 2013
She is not dead, omg. When you strangle someone your face turns purple. She is just unconscious.
Aug 31, 2014 1:50 AM

Nov 2012
you better stay dead. bitch :v

best episode so far
Aug 31, 2014 1:56 AM

Nov 2013
The Aldnoah Zero formula holds true again:

* Start off with comedy/running gags

* Explore conflicts

* End with a massive cliffhanger

The ship is failing but I don't want to say the princess is dead, because the final scene in the OP shows her pointing a gun at the screen, which we have yet to see. Fk, this show's cliffhangers get more and more intense every episode.
Aug 31, 2014 2:35 AM
May 2014
Ugh I wish that girl would just piss off already, if teh princess is dead I might punch her through my screen.

But hey, the aldnoah drive stopped workign so maybe they all died on the crash ;)
Aug 31, 2014 2:39 AM

Dec 2013
Anime logic will keep the princess alive
Aug 31, 2014 2:50 AM

Oct 2007
The bars a lot lower now but that was one of the better episodes of this show. At least it makes an attempt to give some of the martian characters more to talk about than just hatred of Earth though clearly Saazbaum still hates Earth, he just apparently hates the Vers government more. Things are still moving pretty slow but at least there was more of an effort here than I've seen in a few episodes. I have reason to believe that the strangulation scene at the end of the episode was just one of those cliffhanger moments and Princess will live but that more will come of it of course. Not really sure again where the show would go from here but that seems to be the norm every week. It's off in a new direction every week and the characters still need a lot of work but there's progress on that this week so I'll take it.
Aug 31, 2014 2:52 AM

Jul 2012
The princess better be unconscious and not dead or will be as mad as hell!

Great episode!!!
May 2011
Before that ending i thought the episode was pretty boring. She has to be dead right? I dont want her to be dead but they cant use the same trick again right

Mar 2008
Nah, she is obviously alive. Not sure why did they chose to end with this fake cliffhanger .
Mar 2013
well done urobutcher, thats a big plot twist you have
i think hime real dead now, so slaine got to be avange to terran like his master now
whoa i really like dis kine of development
Aug 31, 2014 2:53 AM

Jul 2012
gg. Rayet went into robot mode and "killed" her. I think that she will survive it, I mean it would be a bit too easy if she would die from that.....
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 31, 2014 3:10 AM

Feb 2008
Matters definitely took a grim turn, considering the Aldnoah drive shut down. An episode full of PTSD... I do hope Inaho or someone is able to resuscitate her.
Aug 31, 2014 3:14 AM

Feb 2012
I was cheering Rayet on when she was strangling hime-sama. One of the sexiest murders I've seen. I hope that stupid bitch is dead. Inaho better be next
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2014 3:14 AM
Jul 2014
Kuro_Kishi said:
you better stay dead. bitch :v

best episode so far

O.O no please no dead hime.
Aug 31, 2014 3:26 AM

May 2013
Lol, Inko got jealous. Yuki's teasing her a bit too much. (^_^)

Hopefully, Marito gets over his past.
Saazbaum is doing this for Orlane. <3

Rayet's freaking out so she decides to take it out on the princess.
I doubt the princess will die though.

I don't know, but I'm going with chickenonthepan's theory.
Good job at speculating, chickenonthepan. You have my respect.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 31, 2014 3:35 AM
Aug 2014
kickmesign said:
I was cheering Rayet on when she was strangling hime-sama. One of the sexiest murders I've seen. I hope that stupid bitch is dead. Inaho better be next

you fucking little cunt, just joined to say this, have a good day.
Aug 31, 2014 3:40 AM

Feb 2012
relvas said:
kickmesign said:

you fucking little cunt, just joined to say this, have a good day.
Welcome to the website, have a good day as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2014 3:42 AM
Jan 2014
Urubuchi!! What have ya done!!

I hope she really is dead :3...I wanna see how the story can go without her.. I can't think of anyway to continue this without total extermination of the terrans..But that's not gonna happen so I got no clue what can happen..And that makes it all the more exciting!!

Dead princess !! No revival please!!

It all ends when the higurashi cry.

Aug 31, 2014 3:59 AM

Apr 2008
UzumakiShinji said:

I hope she really is dead :3...I wanna see how the story can go without her.. I can't think of anyway to continue this without total extermination of the terrans..But that's not gonna happen so I got no clue what can happen..And that makes it all the more exciting!!

The story CAN'T go without her. It's a dead end.
Aug 31, 2014 4:00 AM

Mar 2011
UzumakiShinji said:

Urobuchi made only 1st 3 episodes.
Aug 31, 2014 4:05 AM
Jun 2013
as for the bath scene, whether she's dead or alive :
Aug 31, 2014 4:26 AM

Aug 2014
I can pretty much tell what's going on in Rayet's mind in this episode.

Well, she was raised by her father without any contact with Terrans till now, and she was told that if the assassination plan her father and co. works out, they will be rewarded by the traitor Knights. But, the same people killed her father, pretty much traumatized her. Being saved from being killed, she then wants revenge towards those Martians because she lost her only relative on Earth, but then, the princess appeared, making her confused. She must thought that the princess is in cahoots with the Knights somehow, but at the same time, thinks that she is innocent. With the princess' calm attitude towards the situation also makes it worse, as if she's not taking this war seriously. Adding salt to the injury, the simulation training also showed the very thing she was afraid of, making her unstable.

Well, that is my PoV of the sudden attack towards Hime-sama.

PS: I don't think Hime-sama's dead. The strangling time is too short to kill, only make her unconscious.
Aug 31, 2014 4:32 AM

Oct 2008
I swear to god if I see another recap-flashback I'm gonna strangle some bitch-princess.

This anime makes me angry beyond measure because holy hell the fanservice and plotholes are all over the place!
And Saazbaum
fucking Saazbaum
cut himself with a dull cutlery knife
Aug 31, 2014 4:34 AM

Aug 2014
Yes! Bitch bites the dust. One less annoying character to deal with. Inaho next please and I may move your rating up to a 6 Aldnoah.
Aug 31, 2014 4:36 AM

Apr 2008
EmiyaNanaya said:
I can pretty much tell what's going on in Rayet's mind in this episode.

Well, she was raised by her father without any contact with Terrans till now, and she was told that if the assassination plan her father and co. works out, they will be rewarded by the traitor Knights. But, the same people killed her father, pretty much traumatized her. Being saved from being killed, she then wants revenge towards those Martians because she lost her only relative on Earth, but then, the princess appeared, making her confused. She must thought that the princess is in cahoots with the Knights somehow, but at the same time, thinks that she is innocent. With the princess' calm attitude towards the situation also makes it worse, as if she's not taking this war seriously. Adding salt to the injury, the simulation training also showed the very thing she was afraid of, making her unstable.

Well, that is my PoV of the sudden attack towards Hime-sama.

PS: I don't think Hime-sama's dead. The strangling time is too short to kill, only make her unconscious.

How could the princess be in cahoots with those who wanted her dead? Sorry but that's just plain stupid
Pages (17) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.