Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Has Aldnoah.Zero been disappointing?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 30, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
^ A hot blooded kid who talks about nakama power would still be better than watching a moving cardboard box each week.
Aug 30, 2014 8:31 AM

Oct 2013
Fox814 said:
^ A hot blooded kid who talks about nakama power would still be better than watching a moving cardboard box each week.
Yeah, because robot suppose to move as quick as a cat
"Burn the heretics"
Aug 30, 2014 8:44 AM

Nov 2013
Toaki90 said:
Fox814 said:
Yeah, because robot suppose to move as quick as a cat
He's talking about Inaho.
Aug 31, 2014 11:22 PM

Jan 2013
I expected this to be a disappointment and I was proven wrong....
Sep 1, 2014 2:35 AM

Dec 2013
100% agree in it being disappointing, I've never watched a urobuchi anime before, so I never really expected anything really, I didn't even know it was really hyped up until the 2nd episode. Problem is the writing is definitely lackluster. Has a poor cast overall (obv not Slaine, marito) and the action itself is done pretty poorly.

I'm not a massive fan of the ost either, Slaine and marito (including rayets involvement now) are making it slightly interesting, but most of the dialogue in the show is wasted with too slow plot development.

I do expect it to improve in a couple of episodes though
Sep 1, 2014 2:52 AM

May 2014
You're going to be horribly disappointed if you rate it like you rate urobutcher urobuchi's work as he actually had very less to do with this anime .

That said, aldnoah gave us a very epic opening to raise our hopes then only to go super-slow paced. I was expecting more, so definitely i would feel a little bit disappointed on the current pace .

Would still expect something from it, though .
Sep 2, 2014 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
sToRMyQ said:
You're going to be horribly disappointed if you rate it like you rate urobutcher urobuchi's work as he actually had very less to do with this anime.

Not really. Even if you watch this with low expectation, this is still a badly written anime show. Really, really bad. Urobuchi's episodes were immaculate, no doubt about that. But the rest . . . just . . . awful. Maybe because Takayama is not used to write an original anime show.
I like anime.
Sep 2, 2014 8:29 AM

May 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
sToRMyQ said:
You're going to be horribly disappointed if you rate it like you rate urobutcher urobuchi's work as he actually had very less to do with this anime.

Not really. Even if you watch this with low expectation, this is still a badly written anime show. Really, really bad. Urobuchi's episodes were immaculate, no doubt about that. But the rest . . . just . . . awful. Maybe because Takayama is not used to write an original anime show.

Have no idea who is Takayama, but sadly I agree with you to an extent.
That said i would like to stress again that aldnoah gave us stellar OSTs and opening right from the start but proceed to give us shit after that, its like serving a plate of plain rice right after a feast.
Sep 2, 2014 7:04 PM

Dec 2012
sToRMyQ said:
That said i would like to stress again that aldnoah gave us stellar OSTs and opening right from the start but proceed to give us shit after that, its like serving a plate of plain rice right after a feast.

Exactly, but it seems many MAL users like a plate of plain rice much more than a feast.
I like anime.
Sep 2, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2014
So far I'm enjoying the show so no, it's not disappointing
Sep 3, 2014 7:05 PM
Jul 2014
Efruth said:
So far I'm enjoying the show so no, it's not disappointing

Me too.
Sep 3, 2014 7:50 PM

Oct 2007
Fox814 said:

How about just no extreme character archetypes for mains and just more actual multi-dimensional ones? I don't think that'd be too much to ask would it.

Pat_To_Do-List said:
sToRMyQ said:

Exactly, but it seems many MAL users like a plate of plain rice much more than a feast.

Most MAL users just seem to like anything that can be deemed "hype" and "epic" of which the definition basically just seems to be any combination of anything big, loud, blood filled and maybe just a touch of stupid, juvenile and trivial. I'm all for some good fun now and then but the way people turn the simplest kind of cool thing into an epic masterpiece for the ages often leaves me with little too discuss with others and little in common with them. It just strikes me as really low standards so yeah the plain rice over a feast seems pretty fitting only maybe the plain rice is served molded into the shape of an explosion and there's extra butter or something.
PeacingOutSep 3, 2014 7:54 PM
Sep 4, 2014 6:46 AM

May 2012
fst said:
Well it's better than Captain Ass.

It us 10x times more enjoyable than Captain Earth, M3 and Argevollen combined. You should not put these in same sentence as Aldnoah.Zero. I dropped M3 and Argevollen long time ago because they are so boring, and I only watching Captain Earth because of the sexy hot girls.

Out of all mecha in 2014, only Sidonia and Daimidaler can compete with Aldnoah.Zero.
Sep 4, 2014 6:54 AM
Mar 2012
the only 2 bad things are split cour why original series with split cour second why make 2 mc only inaho was enough i didnt like vv kill the main and leave us was the boring support charcters
Sep 11, 2014 3:25 AM

May 2013
I expected nothing and I was pleasantly suprised. Action is nice, worldbuilding isn't bad, Inaho is not so dull as he is portrayed by haters and soundtrack is great.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 11, 2014 6:36 PM

Aug 2013
It has not been dissapointing for me. In fact, I wasn't waiting that much from this show, so I guess it is more of a pleasant surprise.

For the animation, well, rare are the show that look perfectly good (in fact, there is none) at the TV release. They compensate that with the DVD/BD fixes.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 13, 2014 11:27 AM

May 2011
Siriously? You know what would have been dissapointing? if this turned out to be like most of the mecha anime that's out there. Finaly we have a mc who's is not a useless guy in the op mecha.
If anything I enjoy this show quite a bit. Not to mention the bgm which is awesome.
Sep 13, 2014 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Quite disappointing. 4/10 at the best for me.
Sep 13, 2014 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
AntonyRedgrave said:
Siriously? You know what would have been dissapointing? if this turned out to be like most of the mecha anime that's out there. Finaly we have a mc who's is not a useless guy in the op mecha.
If anything I enjoy this show quite a bit. Not to mention the bgm which is awesome.

Well, this is already turned out to be your typical mecha anime show(and a bad one at that) to be quite frank. Though I have to agree with the epic music.
I like anime.
Sep 13, 2014 6:34 PM

Apr 2013
AntonyRedgrave said:
This.
Sep 13, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2014
Nah, I don't really expect a lot from a mecha anime, mecha is not my cup of tea, however I find this one pretty exciting and packed of action; although I don't like the main character. I am still hoping for some character develop on him, because that personality he got is quiet irritating without a background history.
Sep 14, 2014 9:39 AM

Oct 2007
LegnaOnFire said:
Nah, I don't really expect a lot from a mecha anime, mecha is not my cup of tea, however I find this one pretty exciting and packed of action; although I don't like the main character. I am still hoping for some character develop on him, because that personality he got is quiet irritating without a background history.

Translation: I just watch mecha shows when they come pre-hyped but otherwise I claim not to like them because none of the cool kids do.

AntonyRedgrave said:

That's not really what most mecha are like and this show isn't somehow being different by opting for a block of wood in a trainer mech with plot armor instead. That's just the dumb idea people seem to have absolutely convinced themselves of because they don't actually follow the genre at all and just watch whatever is big stupid and hyped up and they will never abandon because they just don't know any better and never will. It's annoying as hell to see repeated over and over as a fan of the genre cause it's just so not the case at all.
PeacingOutSep 14, 2014 9:44 AM
Sep 16, 2014 6:46 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty much felt like Gundam age,With crappy looking mechs and slow paced action
Sep 16, 2014 8:50 AM
Jun 2013
Disappointing, nothing interesting.

Cliches and stupidity
XfusionSep 16, 2014 8:57 AM
Sep 16, 2014 9:02 AM

Dec 2013
The fact that it is so ''action filled'' like a lot has been saying does not make this a good anime. The story went downhill after like 3 episodes mainly because of how horrible the characters are.

Idaho is the biggest brick I have seen, completely emotionless, expressionless ''genius'' and everyone seems listen to him, to his plans and everything, despite him being highschool student. Not to mention that 60% of the cast are from highschool. Why on earth grown adults from the military would even place them on such pedestal.

The only character that seems to be alive is probably Slaine, but he isn't that good either, but at least his motives are believeable more or less. And that annoying loli who hangs out with the princess need to fucking die. :D Where on earth did she learn to drive a car?????

I would say that this show is a total trainwreck. Maybe 2nd cour will fix it.
Sep 16, 2014 9:27 AM

Mar 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
LegnaOnFire said:

Translation: I just watch mecha shows when they come pre-hyped but otherwise I claim not to like them because none of the cool kids do.

The elitism is strong with this one.
Sep 18, 2014 2:03 AM
Jul 2014
Not astounding but neither terrible. It's fairly enjoyable at times and miles better than the heap of manure that Akame ga Kill and (somewhat) Tokyo Ghoul are.
Sep 20, 2014 5:22 AM

Mar 2014
Hikarusuke said:
Darklight0303 said:
Going to have to strongly disagree

Same here I have enjoyed the show so far.

I'm still enjoying it.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Sep 20, 2014 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
Good but cliche concept.
Sep 20, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
expectations ruins the enjoyment of everything
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 20, 2014 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
Aozumi said:
Feyfray said:
Hell no. I was expecting absolutely nothing and this show is above and beyond my favorite of the season - I don't even enjoy mecha.

^^^^

and plus the soundtrack is glorious!

and the animation, tbh it was pretty nice to see

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.