Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail Blue Mistral
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2014 4:48 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
WOO so before anyone asks- No, it has not been scanlated yet and I read it by actually going to Little Tokyo and purchasing the September issue of Nakayoshi. It comes with a cute little fake plastic toy camera with stickers and I'm pretty positive this is a magazine for 8 year old girls.

Anyway, it's SUPER CUTE. The art is nice- Generic shoujo, but at least well done generic shoujo, and it's super sparkly and flowery and just very perfect for Wendy.

The regular guild members are only in two pages, and the rest introduces new characters but it seems really cute so far. I definitely look forward to more.
Oct 27, 2014 8:18 PM
Sep 2010
I'm so confused, what is FT doing in a Nakayoshi
Nov 3, 2014 2:27 AM

Nov 2011
YukinaxYupina said:
I'm so confused, what is FT doing in a Nakayoshi

It's a spin-off series by a completely different artist. I'm working on the scanlations now with another girl- It's taking me a while because I'm pretty busy.

But it's a shoujo series centered around Wendy. It's REALLLLY super cute.
Nov 9, 2014 5:47 AM

May 2013
Having read a fan translation, and waiting for your scanlation (ˆ), I think it was interesting! The art is obviously different, but at least in this first chapter, the characters were not out of role.
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam
Nov 11, 2014 1:07 AM

Nov 2011
The scanlation is up! You can find it on my tumblr which is in my signature (the mirajane tumblr). It's against MAL rules to directly link to scanlations though I think so I can't post a direct link.

We're going to try to get the second chapter up soon, I'm just busy
Nov 13, 2014 5:40 PM
Mar 2012
Was waiting for a side series focusing on Wendy, not surprised it has a shoujo twist. Looking forward hopefully to one starring Erza.
Nov 14, 2014 1:32 AM

Jan 2013
I was expecting something else...
Got a bit disappointed..

Wendy's first love, will it be straight, or yuri.
Nov 14, 2014 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
Wendy is just the most adorable thing ever. *sparkle*
Nov 14, 2014 9:16 AM

Dec 2009
Unlike Gray's spinoff series, I'm enjoying Wendy's way more, probably because she's by far my favorite character in Fairy Tail. Wondering if they'll do an anime adaptation of this or not? I already figured Fairy Tail Zero with Mavis will get one since its so important to the main plot of Fairy Tail, but it would be cool to see one of the spin off series too but with the regular anime artstyle.
Nov 14, 2014 10:06 PM

Aug 2012
This looks pretty interesting so far.
Nov 14, 2014 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
I feel like I just read a shoujo manga
Nov 15, 2014 5:46 AM
Apr 2014
Fairy Tail = Spinoffs = Shoujo?
Well that escalated quickly. Not bad so far though.
Nov 15, 2014 5:21 PM

Nov 2011
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Unlike Gray's spinoff series, I'm enjoying Wendy's way more, probably because she's by far my favorite character in Fairy Tail. Wondering if they'll do an anime adaptation of this or not? I already figured Fairy Tail Zero with Mavis will get one since its so important to the main plot of Fairy Tail, but it would be cool to see one of the spin off series too but with the regular anime artstyle.

I agree! I like Blue Mistral much more than Ice Trail. Part of it is because, while Blue Mistral is a shoujo, I feel like it captures the essence of Fairy Tail much better than Ice Trail. The other characters, though their appearance was brief, feel much more IC.

Also, I'm one of the scanlators (Ask-Mirajane-Strauss). I buy the magazines and scan em in, and just to let you all know, it's super duper shoujo. Like, REALLY shoujo. This magazine is geared at 10 year old girls, each issue comes with some silly cute plastic toy with stickers and such. Let me just show you all the cover of the magazine:

For those wondering when the next chapters will be up, ch. 2 is coming HOPEFULLY next week, and ch. 3 and 4 we're not sure. The store didn't have the magazines in when I went to check on Friday but they're ordering the November issue for me. We can't use the raws that are currently online because netiquette and all that so I need to buy them- Which is fine, I like supporting this series because it's so cute and great.
Dec 11, 2014 1:38 AM

Dec 2009
Amberleh said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

I agree! I like Blue Mistral much more than Ice Trail. Part of it is because, while Blue Mistral is a shoujo, I feel like it captures the essence of Fairy Tail much better than Ice Trail. The other characters, though their appearance was brief, feel much more IC.

Also, I'm one of the scanlators (Ask-Mirajane-Strauss). I buy the magazines and scan em in, and just to let you all know, it's super duper shoujo. Like, REALLY shoujo. This magazine is geared at 10 year old girls, each issue comes with some silly cute plastic toy with stickers and such. Let me just show you all the cover of the magazine:

For those wondering when the next chapters will be up, ch. 2 is coming HOPEFULLY next week, and ch. 3 and 4 we're not sure. The store didn't have the magazines in when I went to check on Friday but they're ordering the November issue for me. We can't use the raws that are currently online because netiquette and all that so I need to buy them- Which is fine, I like supporting this series because it's so cute and great.

Pretty cool stuff being a translator. I can't tell you how jealous I am, I would love to be able to buy thesemagazines and support Fairy Tail related material directly. I buy the manga volumes of the main series when I can but my town doesn't sell very much manga disappointingly enough :/
Jul 24, 2015 9:42 AM
Jul 2015
I have a quick question about this manga, is it sortof part of the main story. Or does it have nothing to do with the main story?
Dec 11, 2015 6:02 AM

May 2014
LOL, that beautiful loli catch. kawaii

What I don't understand is why Spin Off count as original work and doujinshi not. That's just double moral thinking of MAL. I mean these spin off is based on another work just like the doujinshi.

What I also wonder is why many manhwa with original work doesn't exist here on MAL. For ex. Sweet Guy, Drug Candy is pretty original. ^^
mangalicker94Dec 11, 2015 6:05 AM
Dec 28, 2015 4:14 PM

Nov 2011
@mangalicker94 -

The difference between this and a Doujin is that this is officially sanctioned by Mashima. It is printed en masse, whereas a doujin is a purely fan created and fan-printed work with a limited print release.

Blue Mistral was printed, as I mentioned before, in the same magazine that used to serialize big names such as Card Captor Sakura and Sailor Moon. It's a pretty big little girls' magazine.

@Bearbunny- This is very late I'm so sorry. It can fit into the main storyline, but it is not at all important to the main story.
Jan 1, 2016 6:29 PM

Jan 2015
I really hate annoying people like Yoshina...

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 23, 2022

1 by hircin_demiurgos »»
Oct 21, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Blue Mistral Chapter 8 Discussion

mangalicker94 - Sep 1, 2019

0 by mangalicker94 »»
Sep 1, 2019 8:59 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Blue Mistral Chapter 7 Discussion

Vindstot - Apr 30, 2015

5 by Yukinekos »»
Jul 25, 2017 3:07 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Blue Mistral Chapter 3 Discussion

Coquidragon - Nov 17, 2014

9 by mangalicker94 »»
Dec 11, 2015 6:47 AM

» Excited for this one!!

Amberleh - Jul 17, 2014

3 by digi-tony »»
Aug 27, 2015 1:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.