Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2014 11:13 PM

Oct 2012
So, we all know that suicide is immoral because of the strain it causes society to clean up for your mess. The same could be said about dying of old age or illnesses like cancer. If you don't leave a net positive sum behind or at least pay for your own funeral, you must be immoral scum.

And let's make one thing clear: Just because you suffered for the past 3 years under constant pain from cancer doesn't mean you can go out and kill someone. Suffering is not an excuse for immoral acts. If it is, then every poor person would have the moral right to steal. Since they don't, cancer patients don't have the moral right to die without responsibility.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 11, 2014 11:14 PM

Jan 2013
I pay my taxes
Aug 11, 2014 11:17 PM

Oct 2012
Udgey said:
I pay my taxes
So suicide is moral if you pay your taxes?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 11, 2014 11:19 PM

Oct 2012
its the same outcome death
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 11, 2014 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
the dead will not care anyway
Aug 11, 2014 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
katsucats said:
Udgey said:
I pay my taxes
So suicide is moral if you pay your taxes?
Don't forget healthcare insurance.
Aug 11, 2014 11:41 PM

Apr 2014
Wait, tell me this: what's the point in caring about morality if you are dying? There's no reward in doing the 'right thing' (assuming, of course, that you don't believe in afterlife),so I think it would be stupid to care about what will happen once you are dead because there is no value in it for you.
your waifu is shit
Aug 11, 2014 11:43 PM

Apr 2009
katsucats said:
So, we all know that suicide is immoral because of the strain it causes society to clean up for your mess

Do you think this or are you being sarcastic and trying to start an argument with people who do think this? I don't think this, though I certainly can't vouch for suicide as a great thing to do in general either.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Aug 11, 2014 11:43 PM

Oct 2012
IktIkn said:
Wait, tell me this: what's the point in caring about morality if you are dying? There's no reward in doing the 'right thing' (assuming, of course, that you don't believe in afterlife),so I think it would be stupid to care about what will happen once you are dead because there is no value in it for you.
Why do you care about morality if you are not dying?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 12, 2014 2:19 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Morality is unimportant after the death anyway. You will be nothing more then feed for the worms and micro organism.

That is all what is left after dying. Sure the person who is about to die should not do anything against the law, but that counts for everyone.
Aug 12, 2014 2:29 AM

Oct 2013
But is there any point in morality if there is no God?

I mean, if he isn't around in the grand scheme of things morality doesn't matter. How you'd treat those around you ultimately does not matter, but it makes your life on Earth more enjoyable while you're here if you treat them well.

You'd be bringing unnecessary stress and isolation into your life if you went around insulting everyone you saw, or if you went on a killing spree. However, if God doesn't exist then there is no such thing as absolute right or absolute wrong and morality is only defined by human beings themselves.

That doesn't necessarily mean that there is no "point" in being a decent person, but just that your decisions are your own and no higher being is going to judge you for them.

Therefore morality is irrelevant, but objective morality on the other hand...
Aug 12, 2014 3:01 AM

Oct 2012
masochist-chan said:
Explain the difference.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 12, 2014 3:13 AM

Oct 2013
katsucats said:
masochist-chan said:
Explain the difference.

Objective morality, imho, can be described as combination of each individual view of morality. Each individual’s view of morality can be found when observing each individual's own self interest.

Objective morality differs from our plain value management morality.
Aug 12, 2014 3:36 AM

Oct 2012
Shadowslave13 said:
I don't really think suicide is immoral. I mean you are one less problem to the world in the long run. You might even be doing the world a favor by committing it.

I think that way, too.
Why should suicide be immoral? The person has his/her reasons, and most likely the mother also didn't care about her child wanting to be born or not.

Anyway, what does moral behavior mean today? Mostly, it's just for displaying you're a good person to gain the trust of others and proceed in your own carreer.

I agree with the ones before who said that death is inevitable.

you're gonna be forgotten sooner or later anyway.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Aug 12, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2012
masochist-chan said:
katsucats said:
Explain the difference.

Objective morality, imho, can be described as combination of each individual view of morality. Each individual’s view of morality can be found when observing each individual's own self interest.

If only that would actually work, I'd like to see what you do when mixing completely opposite morals. What about criminals? What about insane individuals? Children? Fanatics? Teenagers? The communist leader next door? The fascist leader next door?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 12, 2014 4:14 AM

May 2014
Yolo
I've been here way too long...
Aug 12, 2014 5:18 AM

Oct 2009
masochist-chan said:
katsucats said:
Explain the difference.

And that is my friend, how racism born. A group morality based on a predispositioned bias.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 12, 2014 5:38 AM

Jul 2014
You were born on the planet with just your survival instincts. Morals were taught to you over time. How do you even know they are the right thing?

Life is a game where most of us struggle. If you want to quit early bro, go ahead. Just know theres no continue after lol.

P.S If I am dead, I'm dead. Not really worrying about who buries me and how. Cremate me for all I care xD
Aug 12, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2013
I disagree with the immortality of suicide, it's not an act of moral consequence

Death, being inevitable, shouldn't have a moral consequence
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Aug 12, 2014 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
To be honest, I don't opine suicide being immoral, in fact, its the person's own life. If people are restricted to commit suicide, wouldn't that be denying their free will? Death is a process of life, it HAS to happen sooner or later. Suicide is only ending it before a set time.

If death is natural, shouldn't suicide be considered the same?
Aug 12, 2014 8:44 AM

Jul 2014
katsucats said:
So, we all know that suicide is immoral..

I disagree. Morality is entirely subjective.
Aug 12, 2014 8:45 AM

Mar 2011
TheRavenstag said:
katsucats said:

It's almost as if he's using reductio ad absurdum to show that moral point of view is or something.
Aug 12, 2014 8:46 AM
Apr 2011
TheRavenstag said:
katsucats said:

That's debatable.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Aug 12, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
yogotah said:
TheRavenstag said:

That's debatable.

All of the interesting things in life generally are :)
Aug 12, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2012
A cancerous person dying of cancer isn't making a choice, a person suiciding is.
MomonoAug 12, 2014 9:39 AM
Aug 12, 2014 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
Ha ha fuck responsibility to society and even humanity.

Morality? made up constructs of human intellect, it can be imposed on humans as much as they wish it but it is still made up, fake rules to live by because humanity can't survive in pure chaos.

It doesn't matter how you die, how many people die, good or evil suicide or murder. Everything is just numbers, 8 billion humans on earth we can afford to loose millions without any real effect. Murder before dying? so what when they die they are gone, nothing left no memories to look back fondly on nothing. Should we all expect to lie down quietly and leave society alone and die in some corner.

Everything is meaningless in the end, therefor any action taken no matter what is meaningless, truly meaningless. One brutal murder is instantly replaced by a new infant been born, reality doesn't care how we die, what we believe in if we are good and evil. Good and evil are defined by humans, flawed humans design flawed creations, morality is constantly in flux and is unknowable as a solid standard.

"Which is worse: Hell or nothing? Burn the museums. Wipe your ass with the Mona Lisa. This way at least God will know your name."

After all aren't all humans seeking daddies attention.
SpooksAug 12, 2014 9:34 AM

More topics from this board

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

66 by tsukareru »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

33 by elgatosaika »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 3 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

29 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.