Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2014 12:54 PM

May 2014
Botato said:
This episode was mostly boring <_<
I don't know but I just couldn't feel anything with the characters or their back stories at all.

And again they over glorify the new woman general villain character in terms of strength and being evil. She seemed interesting though so hopefully she's at least entertaining unlike the previous cartoon villains.

I had hope this show was improving after last week's episode but this episode was a little disappointing 2.5/5
Whaaa, no hype? No love? Drop it if you don't like it!
It's not like Schere's backstory made the most compelling character ever!
Aug 3, 2014 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
esdese been around for a couple of years now, and now the fanboys finally start to sprout out
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 3, 2014 12:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Why does everyone like Esdese so much?she is a sadistic ugly b.tch.
>Esdese
>Ugly

Go jump in a lake
Aug 3, 2014 12:59 PM

Feb 2014
And just a quick thing:

Manga readers shouldn't give such big hints to anime-only watchers. Seriously, just let people predict and have fun. Don't just reveal that that some of their predictions are wrong because part of the fun is predicting things.

Unless someone states that they want a hint or something, just let them be and just keep the hints to yourselves.

I love hearing all the predictions on Seryu, I thought very similar things when I first read that chapter.
Aug 3, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
Botato said:
This episode was mostly boring <_<
I don't know but I just couldn't feel anything with the characters or their back stories at all.

And again they over glorify the new woman general villain character in terms of strength and being evil. She seemed interesting though so hopefully she's at least entertaining unlike the previous cartoon villains.

I had hope this show was improving after last week's episode but this episode was a little disappointing 2.5/5

It's probably a good thing to keep your expectations low with this moving forward. I don't think much will change. Go read the manga if you haven't. I find it much more appealing then the show is.

Also, I'm probably one of the few, but I never really cared for Esdese whatsoever.
Nop.
Aug 3, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
And just a quick thing:

Manga readers shouldn't give such big hints to anime-only watchers. Seriously, just let people predict and have fun. Don't just reveal that that some of their predictions are wrong because part of the fun is predicting things.

Unless someone states that they want a hint or something, just let them be and predict.

I love hearing all the predictions on Seryu, I thought very similar things when I first read that chapter.
But those said spoilers made it "good" right? Because I don't fin Schere to be a compelling character, yet she's the only one who has shown any kind of compassion, yet she's defined entirely on being an airhead and just good at slashing peoplez.
Aug 3, 2014 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
T3hSource said:
LoomyTheBrew said:
And just a quick thing:

Unless someone states that they want a hint or something, just let them be and predict.

But those said spoilers made it "good" right? Because I don't fin Schere to be a compelling character, yet she's the only one who has shown any kind of compassion, yet she's defined entirely on being an airhead and just good at slashing peoplez.

What the hell are you talking about?

I was just saying that manga readers need to stop giving such a big hints. I didn't say anything about Sheele.
Aug 3, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
Whaaa, no hype? No love? Drop it if you don't like it!
It's not like Schere's backstory made the most compelling character ever!
I sort of liked the first three episodes and episode 4 was very entertaining. I have no reason to drop it yet.

Well, not that I will even if it goes to shit. You just won't see me in discussion threads.

BullSmit said:
It's probably a good thing to keep your expectations low with this moving forward. I don't think much will change. Go read the manga if you haven't. I find it much more appealing then the show is.

Also, I'm probably one of the few, but I never really cared for Esdese whatsoever.
I had low expectations for this but last week's episode fooled me.

Also I hear that this is a faithful adaptation for the most part, and apparently only the art is better in the manga so I'm not really sure I'd want to read it.

Her entrance was kinda meh. Dunno how it will go from here though.
Aug 3, 2014 1:11 PM

Nov 2013
This was a good episode. Finally Esdeath has appeared.
And the psycho Seryuu was also shown she seriously scared me in the manga.
Some bonding time.
Aug 3, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
Botato said:

Also I hear that this is a faithful adaptation for the most part, and apparently only the art is better in the manga so I'm not really sure I'd want to read it.

Things are still quite rushed in the animation. You're right, for the most part, the adaption is faithful, but the gag comedy is a bit overwhelming compared to the manga, which I'm sure you heard. In the manga it was more subtle and not as overbearing as it is in the show. That's what really gets me.

I didn't like the scene transitioning for this episode either. Kind of made it harder to keep up with everything too. Was kind of all over the place.

I simply liked the Manga a lot better.
Nop.
Aug 3, 2014 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
LoomyTheBrew said:
And just a quick thing:

Unless someone states that they want a hint or something, just let them be and just keep the hints to yourselves.

Its like I don't even have to watch the show, I can just read the spoilers from the manga readers each week! Just an FYI to Manga readers, confirming or denying speculation is a spoiler as well.
Aug 3, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
I found you Seryu-chan!
Aug 3, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Does anybody else feel the faces they make sometimes are over the top? It throws me off sometimes.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Aug 3, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2014
7thVoid said:
Does anybody else feel the faces they make sometimes are over the top? It throws me off sometimes.

Yup. I do. It's apart of the "over-playfulness" for me with their typical anime expressions. Definitely kills any darkness it tries to sustain.
Nop.
Aug 3, 2014 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
BullSmit said:
Things are still quite rushed in the animation. You're right, for the most part, the adaption is faithful, but the gag comedy is a bit overwhelming compared to the manga, which I'm sure you heard. In the manga it was more subtle and not as overbearing as it is in the show. That's what really gets me.

I didn't like the scene transitioning for this episode either. Kind of made it harder to keep up with everything too. Was kind of all over the place.

This episode (and the last one) didn't have many issues regarding the comedy (for me at least). The comedy in today's episode wasn't funny though.

No not the transitioning that I felt was off, but the way they were like "oh there's this super guardian guy in the north" then "but there's also this woman who is strong."

Well, the original source is usually much better than the adaptation.
Aug 3, 2014 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
BullSmit said:
Botato said:

I don't know what you're talking about.

The anime has adapted the manga word by word, scene by scene. It is exactly the same for the most part. Maybe reading panel to panel suits you better, but this is what AgK is. The anime is not different from the manga at all.

Stop trying to make the manga sound different when it's EXACTLY the same.
Aug 3, 2014 1:39 PM

May 2014
BullSmit said:
7thVoid said:

Yup. I do.
What over the top faces? They're timid compared to the manga.

And since I mentioned manga: AHOY!
Aug 3, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
Botato said:
This episode (and the last one) didn't have many issues regarding the comedy (for me at least). The comedy in today's episode wasn't funny though.

No not the transitioning that I felt was off, but the way they were like "oh there's this super guardian guy in the north" then "but there's also this woman who is strong."

Well, the original source is usually much better than the adaptation.

Oh. I was simply adding on my own opinion at the end there. Definitely agree with you on that, but I believe that's how it went in the manga too.
BullSmitAug 3, 2014 1:47 PM
Nop.
Aug 3, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2012
stop that "in manga -blablablabal", "compared to manga blablablalbl" lol
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 3, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2013
T3hSource said:
BullSmit said:

Yup. I do.
What over the top faces? They're timid compared to the manga.

And since I mentioned manga: AHOY!

A show with such faces being animated is a little different than a panel in a manga tbh. Not to mention when the faces do pop up they tend not to fit (how do I say this) the character or maybe the overall mood. It is just my opinion so try not to beat me up for it. They just don't seem to fit for me.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Aug 3, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't watch the episode yet but god, anime only watchers sure are annoying.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 3, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
Maybe reading panel to panel suits you better, but this is what AgK is.

That's probably what it is, actually. Everything seems much more apparent now, but whatever, it's how I see it.
Nop.
Aug 3, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 2013
The anime's not great but still worth a watch.
Aug 3, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
Esdese and Seryu! That smile by Esdese
Episode was good :D
Aug 3, 2014 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
FlareStar101 said:

Funny because as an anime only watcher I'm really annoyed by the Manga readers who keep spoiling things or alluding to things that are still to come. Read the first damn line of the first post.

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Aug 3, 2014 2:02 PM

May 2009
Tokoya said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Why does everyone like Esdese so much?she is a sadistic ugly b.tch.
>Esdese
>Ugly

Go jump in a lake

She has manface, deal with it.
Aug 3, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
Tokoya said:
>Esdese
>Ugly

Go jump in a lake

But she's beautiful, deal with it.

Aug 3, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
Good episode, Esdeath seems like an interesting character, I can understand why she's so popular. Justice reminds me of the blonde girl in the first episode.
Aug 3, 2014 2:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
Tokoya said:
>Esdese
>Ugly

Go jump in a lake

>Man face
>Top lel
Aug 3, 2014 2:35 PM

Feb 2014
Feaor said:
FlareStar101 said:

Funny because as an anime only watcher I'm really annoyed by the Manga readers who keep spoiling things or alluding to things that are still to come. Read the first damn line of the first post.

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

I'm annoyed by manga readers giving blatantly obvious spoilers and I'm annoyed by anime-only watchers jumping to conclusions so soon.

Both are equally bad.
Aug 3, 2014 2:35 PM

Apr 2010
idecart said:
bastek66 said:

But she's beautiful, deal with it.

She definitely has a penis.
Aug 3, 2014 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
Feaor said:
FlareStar101 said:

That's really annoying, but I didn't spoil anyone.

Ah, what a faithful adaptation,I'm glad i can watch and actually laugh at Shounen puns, that's really rare for me.

HanaKana is really great as Seryu, some bonding and backstory with Schele,not too melodramatic, and not too forced.

ESDEATHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! The woman is here! Don't really know what to think about her VA though.

Dat foreshadowing!!! The moment is coming! The plot thickens! Please don't ruin my 2nd favorite manga White Fox.
FragOutFire said:

Aug 3, 2014 2:36 PM
Feb 2014
Adaptation is pretty good.
~~~
Aug 3, 2014 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
Feaor said:

I'm annoyed by manga readers giving blatantly obvious spoilers and I'm annoyed by anime-only watchers jumping to conclusions so soon.

Both are equally bad.
Fair enough, well played sir.
FragOutFire said:

Aug 3, 2014 2:38 PM
Jun 2014
damn the way esdese broke that northern dude
Aug 3, 2014 2:44 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. I'm kinda annoyed that Tatsumi still clings to those ftiends he lost anyway. Was that imperial weapon a dog DAFAQ I bet it will cause trouble. That general was freaking sadist. Looks like the emepror brat said sth good for them without the minister pulling the strings.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Aug 3, 2014 2:49 PM

Feb 2014
FlareStar101 said:

Yeaaaa!

Also you like gifs right?

Aug 3, 2014 2:50 PM

Dec 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
FlareStar101 said:

Yeaaaa!

Also you like gifs right?
Lovely ^^
PriestSlayerAug 3, 2014 2:55 PM
FragOutFire said:

Aug 3, 2014 3:15 PM
Jul 2014
Nice development. Sheele's past was nice to know. Justice girl will get herself wrapped up in a mess. Looks like next episode will be very interesting.
Aug 3, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
Not much happened this episode but we can't have every single one be action packed I guess? Good setup especially at the end with Seryuu, the Imperial Arms officer, and the preview for next week looks epic. Mo' please.
Aug 3, 2014 3:16 PM

Dec 2012
Esdeath! Finally!

First impression on Seryuu will be destroyed soon.

Next episode would probably devastating :(
Aug 3, 2014 3:20 PM
May 2014
I guess the episode did introduce some interesting characters..but it was still a shit episode. Maybe the fact that I waited a whole week aggravated my judgement on it. Hopefully this is all building up to something good, but at this point I have no expectations left.

Also, is it just me or are all these female character interactions with Tatsumi reminiscent of fucking Sword Arts Online? Like fuck, it feels like a bunch of forced pointless interactions + that Seryu imperial police chick looks so much like the SAO chick. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Aug 3, 2014 3:28 PM

Mar 2013
I came in here expecting to see exploded testes/ovaries all over the place because of... well, you know who I mean, even though she only had like 10 seconds of screentime.

And ... yea, that's pretty much what happened.
Aug 3, 2014 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
Hmmm okay episode but felt quite boring. That girl's (I don't remember names easily I don't know how you all know like every character's names in these forums even small side characters) back story was interesting but other than that not really much to enjoy. It's definitely not one of the best of this season but I guess it has that score because manga readers are just happy it's being adapted well.
Aug 3, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2014
bladeangel said:
I guess the episode did introduce some interesting characters..but it was still a shit episode. Maybe the fact that I waited a whole week aggravated my judgement on it. Hopefully this is all building up to something good, but at this point I have no expectations left.

Also, is it just me or are all these female character interactions with Tatsumi reminiscent of fucking Sword Arts Online? Like fuck, it feels like a bunch of forced pointless interactions + that Seryu imperial police chick looks so much like the SAO chick. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If adaption serves well next episode should be alright if memory serves right. Don't get your hopes up too much cos I forgot. Also that background felt natural compared to sinon's one in SAO 2
-------------

OMFG EDESE MY SADISTIC WAIFU <3.. Urgh I love sadistic people, so interesting.

Anyway a decent episode.. Art still bugging me though. Worse compared to manga. Still Edese had screen time so I'm happy :)...

So fucking happy.
"Hi!"
Aug 3, 2014 3:46 PM

Feb 2014
bladeangel said:

Wait, excuse me?

Forced interactions? simialr to SAO?

Could please elaborate on that thought?

Mikatarukito said:

I reread the chapter(s) that it will be adapting and shit gets fucking real next episode. Seriously, prepare your mind.

Also why do people not like the art? I think it does a great job of capturing the tone and feel of the manga. I think the art in this looks beautiful, but this isn't the first time I've heard people complain about the art. Maybe it's just hit or miss with some people.
Aug 3, 2014 4:11 PM

Oct 2011
Cute dog <3

I hope she doesn't die
Aug 3, 2014 4:12 PM

Dec 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
bladeangel said:

Wait, excuse me?

Forced interactions? simialr to SAO?

Could please elaborate on that thought?

Mikatarukito said:

I reread the chapter(s) that it will be adapting and shit gets fucking real next episode. Seriously, prepare your mind.

Also why do people not like the art? I think it does a great job of capturing the tone and feel of the manga. I think the art in this looks beautiful, but this isn't the first time I've heard people complain about the art. Maybe it's just hit or miss with some people.
The art for me is really good, but i think they overuse stills( although they're awesome)
FragOutFire said:

Aug 3, 2014 4:16 PM

Aug 2013
many feelings in this episode, Tatsumi still stuck in the past and Scheele was nearest him, but a few enemies have been presented in this episode, I hope the meeting of Tatsumi with Esdeath, soon will begin to race to see who dies and who survives in the story, I'm really enjoying of the adaptation ..
Aug 3, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
Esdeath, Seryuu and Koro ^^

Next will be intense.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.