Forum Settings
Forums

Japanese Government to Start Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy Operation Next Month [Update 7/30]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2014 7:51 AM
Jul 2014
Seems like Animehere updated their shit.
After 5 days of not updating
Aug 5, 2014 7:51 AM
Mar 2010
tsubasalover said:
Update July 30
METI (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry) has published a press release stating 500 manga works and 80 anime works are being targeted, not websites. The press release includes a PowerPoint that contains an actual list of websites they are targeting. Included are scanlation sites (slides 11-12), fansub upload websites (slides 13-15), direct download websites (slide 16), torrent sites (slides 17-18), and redistribution websites (slides 19-20).

Source: METI press release

I'm not going to read the whole topic to check, so...

Has anyone pointed out that that is not a list of websites they're targeting? The whole thing is the study that METI is using to claim the percentage of piracy. Those lists of websites are under the section labeled "Survey of intellectual property rights infringement on websites", the listings are simply informational break downs of what websites are popularly used for that type of pirated content right now, breakdowns of their traffic, and a note as to whether or not they're known to respond to removal requests.
Aug 5, 2014 7:54 AM
Jul 2014
GrayArchon said:
tsubasalover said:
Update July 30
METI (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry) has published a press release stating 500 manga works and 80 anime works are being targeted, not websites. The press release includes a PowerPoint that contains an actual list of websites they are targeting. Included are scanlation sites (slides 11-12), fansub upload websites (slides 13-15), direct download websites (slide 16), torrent sites (slides 17-18), and redistribution websites (slides 19-20).

Source: METI press release

I'm not going to read the whole topic to check, so...

Has anyone pointed out that that is not a list of websites they're targeting? The whole thing is the study that METI is using to claim the percentage of piracy. Those lists of websites are under the section labeled "Survey of intellectual property rights infringement on websites", the listings are simply informational break downs of what websites are popularly used for that type of pirated content right now, breakdowns of their traffic, and a note as to whether or not they're known to respond to removal requests.

As that Tsundere girl said, they're just blocking sites in Japan self.
Aug 5, 2014 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
Drunk_Samurai said:
Dcyend said:

If you are speaking about this part, I ignored it.

It means you never actually read it since you missed the entire point of the post.

Not at all, simply ignored your irrespectfull way, read it, and the post is going to nowhere meanwhile Japan does not damage the pages we follow. They are going for the expecifics 500 and more anime/manga licensed, thats the point.

But all is quiet, my mind is quiet, and nothing is happening at the moment, D.G.

Hopping nothing happend in future days ':D
DcyendAug 5, 2014 10:30 AM
I'll tell you something, my Tenchi. You know, the carnival comes and goes... if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi.
Aug 5, 2014 10:26 AM
Mar 2010
Harutora_Rin said:

I repeat, that was not a list of websites they were targeting, it's purely information. It's the study of the piracy they used to arrive at their current conclusions.

Nor has anything been blocked in Japan, or this would be significantly bigger news. Nor has there been any real evidence I've seen of anything being blocked.
Aug 5, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2008
Is any other anime streaming sites down atm?
AnimeUltima won't load, and Downformeoreveryone says it's down.

Aug 5, 2014 10:36 AM

Jul 2014
Well the resources are there, if they block the ways the mangas or animes flow out Japan. Then is there be difficult days for us, but like said GrayArchon, there are no evidences that is happening anything.

And many of the data in this report are out of date like MU closed long ago. So they center possibly on torrent sites, and local sites onto Japan self.
I'll tell you something, my Tenchi. You know, the carnival comes and goes... if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi.
Aug 5, 2014 10:37 AM
Jul 2014
GrayArchon said:
Harutora_Rin said:

I repeat, that was not a list of websites they were targeting, it's purely information. It's the study of the piracy they used to arrive at their current conclusions.

Nor has anything been blocked in Japan, or this would be significantly bigger news. Nor has there been any real evidence I've seen of anything being blocked.

AnimeTake is blocked Japan. That was pretty big news
Aug 5, 2014 10:39 AM
Jul 2014
Des said:
Is any other anime streaming sites down atm?
AnimeUltima won't load, and Downformeoreveryone says it's down.

Server problem or actually taken down?
Aug 5, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
Des said:
... Downformeoreveryone says it's down.

It's curious, this is the message when I enter:

"Downformeoreveryone.com is up!
It seems that Downformeoreveryone.com is only down and not working for you right now!

Our research shows Downformeoreveryone.com is currently in the UP status after conducting a real time search. At the moment it seems Downformeoreveryone.com is only down for you. Be sure to check your DNS settings or refresh your browser cache and try Downformeoreveryone.com again.

Additional research information and status history for Downformeoreveryone.com is provided below for your reference. For example, Downformeoreveryone.com was down 0 times out of 2,800 checks. This is a 0% downtime ratio based on past history.

For your immediate notice, Downformeoreveryone.com was last checked on 08/05/2014 19:38 and you may want to consider checking it again.

Using Facebook comments, be sure to leave your feedback about Downformeoreveryone.com below. Right now, it shows as UP.
"

So there are a IP blocking or so.
Aug 5, 2014 10:46 AM
Jul 2014
Dcyend said:
Des said:
... Downformeoreveryone says it's down.

It's curious, this is the message when I enter:

"Downformeoreveryone.com is up!
It seems that Downformeoreveryone.com is only down and not working for you right now!

Our research shows Downformeoreveryone.com is currently in the UP status after conducting a real time search. At the moment it seems Downformeoreveryone.com is only down for you. Be sure to check your DNS settings or refresh your browser cache and try Downformeoreveryone.com again.

Additional research information and status history for Downformeoreveryone.com is provided below for your reference. For example, Downformeoreveryone.com was down 0 times out of 2,800 checks. This is a 0% downtime ratio based on past history.

For your immediate notice, Downformeoreveryone.com was last checked on 08/05/2014 19:38 and you may want to consider checking it again.

Using Facebook comments, be sure to leave your feedback about Downformeoreveryone.com below. Right now, it shows as UP.
"

So there are a IP blocking or so.

AnimeUltima is up again
Aug 5, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2008
@Dcyend
I know downforeveryoneorjustme is up, I just used it :P
But AnimeUltima was down when I checked it with that page.

Aug 5, 2014 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
Read yet AnimeTake opinions?

I’ve came to the conclusion that this is pretty much a complete joke.

Mmmm, reading the METI pages, it could put the things pretty serious... The consultant company is a well known german strategy consultant group.
Aug 5, 2014 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
Dcyend said:

Mmmm, reading the METI pages, it could put the things pretty serious... The consultant company is a well known german strategy consultant group.

They're up against an entity that is massive, they'll lose.

Aug 5, 2014 11:01 AM
Jul 2014
Dcyend said:

However, Germany tried to shut down Anime websites back in 2011
With the Govt's help..
That makes me believe that this is bullshit
Aug 5, 2014 11:15 AM

Sep 2011
So... Did they sell Nyaa to the Jap Govt yet?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 5, 2014 11:29 AM
Jul 2014
GodlyKyon said:

Nope
Aug 5, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
Q
Harutora_Rin said:
GodlyKyon said:

Nope
Know any sites that will upload Battle of Gods English Dub today?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2014 11:35 AM

Feb 2014

GodlyKyon said:

No, But if they do i'm gonna put on my mask and murder those greedy japs.
Stop calling me your bunny I won't hop and you don't own me
Aug 5, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
[quote=MichaelMyers-San]
GodlyKyon said:
No, But if they do i'm gonna put on my mask and murder those greedy japs.

I'll grease your chainsaw ;D
Aug 5, 2014 2:15 PM

Aug 2014
vegetagoku108 said:
Q
Harutora_Rin said:

Nope
Know any sites that will upload Battle of Gods English Dub today?
anyone can answer
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2014 12:06 PM
Jun 2013
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=63229 Join the revolution! (Parody club of M.A.G.)
Aug 8, 2014 1:30 PM
Jul 2014
DirectorVhd said:
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=63229 Join the revolution! (Parody club of M.A.G.)

Does that mean that everyone in the club laughs at the real M.A.G.?
Aug 8, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
Mmmm... Some not work on Hotfile - not so much in days - O_O

Anyone knows anything?
Aug 8, 2014 9:02 PM

Aug 2007
Harutora_Rin said:
DirectorVhd said:

Does that mean that everyone in the club laughs at the real M.A.G.?

There's a real M.A.G?
Aug 8, 2014 11:18 PM
Jul 2013
I actually do feel guilty for helping hold out on Japan's rightfully earned $5.5 billion but
I just gotta get my anime on, so that's the way its gonna be. sowwy japan :'(
Aug 9, 2014 12:02 AM

Aug 2007
If they made a manga reading site like J-Comi but in English, then I don't mind only going there. Heck, I wouldn't mind paying subscription for that little extra. :^)

But most of the legal manga sites are pay per volume. I'm not interested in purchasing a digital copy. I'm more of a physical copy type of girl. I honestly see no value in buying digital books and rather pay a monthly subscription to read unlimited amounts of manga.

The only legal site that is subscription is Crunchyroll, which most of their series don't really interest me (except for Attack on Titan and a few others). I also rarely watch anime, so that $6.95 per month subscription is pretty useless to me.

Until then, I'm going to be a rebel.

Also, Japan thinking they can stop all piracy outside their county is a joke. Not even the American music industry can stop all the piracy out there.
Aug 9, 2014 3:09 AM
Jan 2013
http://daisuki.net/ there is also daisuki

as for manga there is
http://comic-walker.com/ it is nice site, all manga are for free there is accel world, illya drei, high school dxd, sword art online, the problem is you have to wait many months for new chapters
Aug 9, 2014 3:18 AM

Aug 2007
Good_Lucifer said:
I actually do feel guilty for helping hold out on Japan's rightfully earned $5.5 billion but

The $5.5 billion is complete bullshit. It's impossible for them to have lost that much even to bootleggers.
Aug 9, 2014 5:44 AM

Apr 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
Good_Lucifer said:

The $5.5 billion is complete bullshit. It's impossible for them to have lost that much even to bootleggers.

It's actually possible they lost almost 0 considering it's piracy we're talking about.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 9, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2014
Drunk_Samurai said:
Good_Lucifer said:

if it was something else it would be very possible but we are talking about anime/manga... honestly for the most part they ignore the international market and never actual release in other languages... so yeah they didn't lose shit because most of the pirating is done by customers who never could/would have bought the product anyway
Aug 9, 2014 10:57 AM

Aug 2007
Immahnoob said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

It's actually possible they lost almost 0 considering it's piracy we're talking about.

That's ignorant too. I know people who pirated instead of buying something they would have bought.
Aug 9, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
Immahnoob said:

That's ignorant too. I know people who pirated instead of buying something they would have bought.

That's losing potential money, not actual real money.

Autocrat said:
Aug 9, 2014 11:37 AM

Aug 2007
Immahnoob said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

That only applies if they wouldn't have bought the product in the first place. If a person pirates something they would have bought then that is definitely a lost sale.
Aug 9, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
Immahnoob said:

That only applies if they wouldn't have bought the product in the first place. If a person pirates something they would have bought then that is definitely a lost sale.

That's still a "what if" in any way you take it.

Autocrat said:
Aug 9, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2007
Immahnoob said:
'

Not at all.
Aug 9, 2014 11:58 AM

Apr 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
Immahnoob said:
'

Not at all.

"If a person pirates something they would have bought..."

Then you fall in absolutes believing that it's a one-hundred percent chance that nothing can happen to hinder the buying of the material, one extreme example (which isn't necessarily wrong) is that the material is lower in number than the consumers.

Then you also forget to read what I'm saying, I said "almost 0" implying it's not necessarily 0, I don't like speaking in absolutes either.

Autocrat said:
Aug 9, 2014 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
Druk_Samurai said:

. . . It's OK your opinion, there are no loses, It's Economics theory about more or less profit in their solds, I mean, ficticional money they think have to gain, but don't meet their expectations. So there are not loses, only ghost money in the air. . .
"If a person pirates something they would have bought..."

You remembered me when sony go to market with their flamand PS 1, they don't think their machine was too piracyable, they only think on sell more and more piracyable machines, many game makers companies were the true afected, Sony only think in this moment "my machine is piracyable, and many people is going to buy it, so I'm going to do market..." New policies in their company do less piracyable machines, so their solds go down. Resume: Piracy do market possible. The same for anime or manga, when somebody who like physical manga look in their own country and don't find anything, go to Net, then when casually this manga go to their country they buy it, then, where is the problem? Only in their economical projects, they do a calculation, their accouts mark x%, and when they see -1% they claim "we have loses", a great lie, they belive like a truth :P
DcyendAug 9, 2014 6:59 PM
Aug 9, 2014 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"
Aug 9, 2014 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
There has been and always will be piracy. I think what really needs to be focused on is a way to offer paid convenience over piracy. Like Spotify with music. I don't think Spotify has gotten it 100% right yet, but its a step in a new direction. I've heard about Crunchyroll (for anime), haven't checked them out yet, though.

We can't just say "there will always be piracy, so whats the point of them trying?" - The artists need to make income in order to create.

I commend them for cracking down, but this type of cracking down, I feel, isn't the solution. Though, perhaps one part of the puzzle.
Aug 11, 2014 2:33 AM

Aug 2014
Maora
Also, Japan thinking they can stop all piracy outside their county is a joke. Not even the American music industry can stop all the piracy out there.

Yes, even hollywood movies are being pirated. Even the American goverment can't stop piracy but it can be pretty serious to Japan losing alot of money because of all the anime and manga piracy but still thats how most anime's and manga's turn famous to countries who have plenty of otaku's (except Japan) Also it doesn't completely erase anime and manga piracy because of the sites that do not have headquarters who are set in Japan example Crunchyroll is based in the USA so it does not affect them unless it turns to a global matter.
ColdLands_MistMar 4, 2016 7:48 PM

Pico x CoCo x Chico

Onii-chaaan~ 🤍
Aug 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
Vitne-Eveille said:
... - The artists need to make income in order to create...

Well, this is a mistake all of us think. The artist perceive the 100% of their paid and rights. The editors are the truly damaged, by illegal edition - but it's considered in their own country, 'cause the more of works out frontiers not have licenses out of Japan, and only a few ones on EEUU, Canada, Latinamerica or Europe. The issue is what do consider legally or piracy, if there are not editions there nor licenses.

Then they claim "we have loses", and I ask where are the loses, in Japan self? Out frontiers? It's a Economics ruse, they haven't lost anything, they only say - interlines - "we have not gained the money we thought we were going to gain... Look for a scapegoat!". This is no a justification for illegal activities, but some fansubes' works are in the right - 'cause there are no licenses -, but they pursue this like a crime, I don't think so... The same for websites with fansubes' works.
DcyendAug 11, 2014 8:36 PM
Aug 11, 2014 9:11 PM

Jul 2014
Shit.. where will I watch my illegal episodes then? This is bull... though I understand it if I were losing this much money over pirating sites...
Aug 11, 2014 10:23 PM

Sep 2011
Jaraluc said:
[quote=Maora

Yes, even hollywood movies are being pirated. Even the American goverment can't stop piracy but if it can be pretty serious to Japan losing alot of money because of all the anime and manga piracy but still thats how most anime's and manga's turn famous to countries who have plenty of otaku's (except Japan) Also it doesn't completely erase anime and manga piracy because of the sites that do not have headquarters who are set in Japan example crunchyroll i think is based in the USA so it does not affect them unless it turns to a global matter.[/quote]

"American movie industry claim that 20 billion is lost yearly to pirating, this is false. The money are still there, but spent on stuff like clothing, food, housing, etc. The Movie INDUSTRY may have lost 20 billion dollars, but the people are still using it"
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 11, 2014 11:18 PM

Aug 2007
GodlyKyon said:
Jaraluc said:
[quote=Maora

Yes, even hollywood movies are being pirated. Even the American goverment can't stop piracy but if it can be pretty serious to Japan losing alot of money because of all the anime and manga piracy but still thats how most anime's and manga's turn famous to countries who have plenty of otaku's (except Japan) Also it doesn't completely erase anime and manga piracy because of the sites that do not have headquarters who are set in Japan example crunchyroll i think is based in the USA so it does not affect them unless it turns to a global matter.

"American movie industry claim that 20 billion is lost yearly to pirating, this is false. The money are still there, but spent on stuff like clothing, food, housing, etc. The Movie INDUSTRY may have lost 20 billion dollars, but the people are still using it"[/quote]

What is up with these awful arguments for supporting piracy?
Aug 12, 2014 1:02 AM
Mar 2011
It's not such a big problem for USA, because they have legal streaming sites for anime and an English official translation of weekly manga magazines. But the other parts of the world depend on piracy if they want to follow manga and anime... I hope it improves someday...
Aug 12, 2014 5:59 AM

Mar 2014
Drunk_Samurai said:
GodlyKyon said:

Yes, even hollywood movies are being pirated. Even the American goverment can't stop piracy but if it can be pretty serious to Japan losing alot of money because of all the anime and manga piracy but still thats how most anime's and manga's turn famous to countries who have plenty of otaku's (except Japan) Also it doesn't completely erase anime and manga piracy because of the sites that do not have headquarters who are set in Japan example crunchyroll i think is based in the USA so it does not affect them unless it turns to a global matter.

"American movie industry claim that 20 billion is lost yearly to pirating, this is false. The money are still there, but spent on stuff like clothing, food, housing, etc. The Movie INDUSTRY may have lost 20 billion dollars, but the people are still using it"

What is up with these awful arguments for supporting piracy?[/quote]

How about this "I pirate stuff because I'd rather spend my money on beer than movies and getting them free is just too easy"
Aug 12, 2014 3:07 PM

Aug 2007
Liquidacid said:
How about this "I pirate stuff because I'd rather spend my money on beer than movies and getting them free is just too easy"

That isn't really an argument. Not that I care anyway. I'm a huge pirate.
Aug 12, 2014 4:41 PM

Apr 2008
So has MangaFox gotten scared? They haven't added the latest chapter to Attack on Titan.

Aug 12, 2014 5:17 PM
Aug 2014
Good luck with that, Japan.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
5 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.