Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 19, 2014 7:16 PM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Law managing to stay away from Doflamingo. Sanji arriving just in time to help the guys. Looks like we will see him vs Doflamingo.
Jul 19, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2012
I can't wait for the battle! I wonder if sanji + law will be enough to defeat doflamingo ( I doubt sanji alone will do the trick)
Jul 19, 2014 8:24 PM
Mar 2014
All in all, a great episode. It had more action & seemingly less filler in it than the previous couple of episodes.

I was relieved to see that Law was not as hurt as he was letting on. The fight, (possibly), between he & Doffy will be fun to watch.

Kudos on the nice save for Sanji!! I hope Sanji can hold his own, but I fear he is about to have his butt handed to him by Mingo.

Speaking if Doffy, I am interested in his backstory & what led him to leave the life of a Celestial Dragon & become a pirate?

Cavendish is showing how strong a fighter he is, (still seems like he has not gone all out, (or even close to it yet).

The more I see Rebecca fight, the more I am convinced she has Observation Haki. Also, it is nice to see her hold her own when she is constantly outnumbered in these fights.

I can not wait for the next episode & see more of Block D's fights. Also, I am curious as to watching the fanboy exchange between Zoro & Bartolomeo.
Jul 19, 2014 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
SANJI!!! :D
Jul 19, 2014 8:35 PM
May 2014
Thats it, i cannot take it anymore.. Today marks the day i start reading the manga.. PEACE!

On a sidenote, i really enjoyed this episode compared to the past few we have gotten.
Jul 19, 2014 8:44 PM

Oct 2008
Cool episode. Sanji finally arrives at the scene, I wonder if he can put up a fight against Donflamingo though.
Jul 19, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
Jayns said:
Thats it, i cannot take it anymore.. Today marks the day i start reading the manga.. PEACE!

On a sidenote, i really enjoyed this episode compared to the past few we have gotten.
ahahah seeing someone say this makes me feel good about myself! yeah I've been patient for years and still counting! but I can't blame you though.

anyway nice save there Sanji! woooo!
Jul 19, 2014 9:34 PM

Dec 2013
Good episode? I'm really looking forward to Doffy vs Sanji! 5/5
Jul 19, 2014 9:35 PM
Jul 2014
It felt like such a short episode but oh well. Sanji is here to save the day! I wonder what Doflamingo's back story is. Especially when he said that he wasn't a celestial dragon anymore.
Jul 19, 2014 9:51 PM

Oct 2013
I think Sanji might be able to put up a decent fight, but he can't beat Doflamingo for sure. Or can he?
Jul 19, 2014 10:31 PM

Jan 2014
Sanji Vs Doflamingo, I think it's obvious who is going to win
Jul 19, 2014 10:52 PM

Jul 2009
PrimeX said:
Jayns said:

ahahah seeing someone say this makes me feel good about myself! yeah I've been patient for years and still counting! but I can't blame you though.

anyway nice save there Sanji! woooo!

I'm about ready to join you! As much as I've enjoyed my One Piece on Saturday/Sunday mornings, this pace is destroying the plot.

Like there is no reason Nami, Brook AND Chopper took so long to defeat that pathetic art lady.
Jul 19, 2014 11:21 PM

Nov 2009
Jayns said:

I think I might do the same. I've resisted for a long time. I'll probably start reading at the beginning of the arc to see how the art looks in high quality.
Jul 19, 2014 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
Dofy vs Sanji, can't say I ever saw that one coming.
Jul 19, 2014 11:59 PM

Apr 2014
Sanji being a badass like usual :).
Jul 20, 2014 1:37 AM

Mar 2013
Cool episode. Almost everyone got some screen time. Looks like Law always have a plan, and then comes the SHs. :) Nice save from Sanji btw.
Jul 20, 2014 3:11 AM

Dec 2013
Nami, Usopp, Skelly and Chopper.. The most useless people in the crew
Jul 20, 2014 3:50 AM

Mar 2012
Awesome_G said:
I'm really looking forward to Doffy vs Sanji! 5/5

Me too =D

Good episode as always.
How can Caesar be that dumb when he's actually a genius? LOL
Jul 20, 2014 4:17 AM

Mar 2012
I don't understand why Law doesn't change locations of Doflamingo and an underwater rock with his ability. So that Doflamingo will be submerged into the sea and will die inevitably.
AhmedHanJul 20, 2014 4:20 AM
Jul 20, 2014 4:34 AM
Oct 2012
Sanji =D
Jul 20, 2014 4:53 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty decent episode for a change. It was nice to see Sanji going in for his friends, as opposed to just Nami for once.
Jul 20, 2014 5:18 AM

Mar 2014
Decent episode until Mingo saw the Sunny Go. From there it turned into an awesome episode. That Mingo's Smile though... Such a badass. But it was far from good. One Piece can do much better. 4/5.
Jul 20, 2014 8:03 AM

Aug 2011
Very good episode. I was really worried when Flamingo attacked the crew but then Sanji appeared and saved the day! The battles of Rebecca and Cavendish are also fun to watch.
Jul 20, 2014 8:17 AM

Apr 2014
Am I the only one who noticed the drop in animation? well at least the part where sanji came was pretty good.
Jul 20, 2014 9:21 AM
Jul 2013
Z4k said:
Am I the only one who noticed the drop in animation? well at least the part where sanji came was pretty good.

Yep, the movements of characters were hmmmm, would lame be the right word for it?

Okay, I think that for now, episodes 650 and 651 were best - best animation, best pacing, best quality

Last few episodes followed, same goes for this one, solid episode.

It's clear now that anime has gone so close to manga, that they decided to make a one week pause, so the next episode will be aired August 3 - it's why we have so many fillers in last few episodes. I personally don't mind them, I'm enjoying every episode, but man, it would be some much better with better pacing.

Sanji's kick could have been done better, I've imagined something with three towers ost playing in background and Sanji slowly steping in, while we only see his legs, but who cares anyway, it still was cool and I'm glad that we got to see it in this episode.

Something about Sanji, last three arcs - Fishman Island, Punk Hazard and now Dressrosa, it's seems that he always gets more attention compared to some others Straw hats ( Brook and Chopper) and right now, he makes the most of the episodes/chapters funny, interesting, and even epic. He always have some kind of weird experiences, weird adventures( Switching bodies on Punk Hazard, the thing with Violet on Dressrosa) and he is always fun to watch. It's just that I would like some big focus on other characters as well.

Sorry for the wrong text, and yes, Go go Sanji, Go Go TOEI - I'm waiting for a good episode next week because there really were epic stuff in that chapter
Jul 20, 2014 9:24 AM

Oct 2013
Well we still haven't seen Sanji fight to his best after the two year period. I just hope his abilities can at least piss of Doflamingo and possibly hurt him. If Doflamingo wins without scars, this anime will have gone nowhere with character development
Jul 20, 2014 9:48 AM

Mar 2011
Sanji to the rescue!!!
Jul 20, 2014 10:01 AM
Sep 2013
Lol I heard that Gardoa was voice by Tetsuya Kakihira
Jul 20, 2014 10:03 AM

Sep 2009
Overall, a pretty decent episode. Still, few things came to mind - first, don't understand why Rebecca wants the Flare Flare fruit, if the only thing she can do is dodge enemy's attacks? How does she expect to fight against Doflamingo like that? Even Luffy didn't hesitate to throw a punch to his opponents in the arena, no matter how kind he is. Second, I was cheering for Law when he finally escaped (felt kinda bad for him in the last few episodes, chased around like that). His concern for Straw Hats, when they were in danger, actually surprised me; didn't expect that from Law (he looks like guy, who likes to distance himself from others). And finally, Sanji's entrance made me jump from my seat (he's my favorite SH):D Really looking forward to next week.
Jul 20, 2014 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode.

soraibi said:

Speaking of Gardoa, he isn't canon :I
Jul 20, 2014 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
The beginning was gold XD
"Who did you call Miss Universe?" lmfao and Brook being Brook :O

The extra fights scenes were good and Rebecca <3

Doflamingo vs Sanji next time :O
ichii_1Jul 20, 2014 11:14 AM
Jul 20, 2014 10:52 AM
Jul 2012
AhmedHan said:
I don't understand why Law doesn't change locations of Doflamingo and an underwater rock with his ability. So that Doflamingo will be submerged into the sea and will die inevitably.

probably because law's powers don't work or extend to underwater as well cause his powers also from a devil fruit?? i'm not sure though
Jul 20, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2008
zayan1992 said:
Decent episode until Mingo saw the Sunny Go. From there it turned into an awesome episode. That Mingo's Smile though... Such a badass. But it was far from good. One Piece can do much better. 4/5.

yes, it can do much better... we've seen that.. for about 500+ episodes
not once after the time skip though

terrible animation (especially in fights), way too colorful... rebecca's outfit is retarded, nami is 80% boobs (miss the old nami) etc.

hopefully Toei Animation will stop being fucking lazy soon and work on that terrible animation

and if Oda could work on proper costumes for the characters and stop overdoing the fanservice, that'd be great

oh.. and it's always nice to see that nami, chopper, brook etc. have all become way bigger pussies after the time skip (even though they were meant to mature and get stronger)
/s
Jul 20, 2014 4:46 PM
Mar 2011
I think that D-block part is boring. There are so many guys left, I don't know how long it will be, but it seems now that it will be 95% waste of time. So during several weeks only a half of episode will have a chance to be interesting. I hope it will not be the case.
Jul 20, 2014 9:59 PM

Dec 2012
Sanji FTW! I totally forgot he was coming.
Jul 20, 2014 11:35 PM

Nov 2011
It was a pretty good episode minus the animation. It was definitely better than some of the worse episodes in this arc. However, I think I'm nearly at the end of my patience with the pace. As much as I like One Piece, I'm strongly considering placing it on hold until the arc is over.

One Piece is pretty awesome to marathon, but watching it week-to-week like this is brutal. v.v
Jul 21, 2014 12:11 AM
Jul 2014
I finally feel like things are heating up. The last few episodes have been feeling kind of slow and uneventful. Things I am looking forward to right now aside from (obviously) the fight about to happen between sanji and doffy include: finding out what will happen next in the Colosseum after the four block winners are selected, what will happen with bartolomeo and violet (considering they both are showing an interest for the straw hats I wonder if one will join the crew or become part of straw hats supporting crew or something), and finally, if there are more unexpected characters to come within this season.
Jul 21, 2014 2:36 AM
May 2013
Excited for the battle of Sanji and Doflamingo. Looking forward for the next episode
Jul 21, 2014 11:19 AM

May 2012
soraibi said:

Haha. I was surprised when I heard him. Although his character was defeated easily. Or maybe he will be back. Anyway, good episode. Sanji!!!!
Jul 22, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
Jayns said:

Have fun! It'll be one crazy ride!!
Jul 23, 2014 6:32 PM
May 2014
sanjithecook123 said:
Jayns said:

Have fun! It'll be one crazy ride!!

You weren't kidding.. I am up to date with the manga now. I am so happy i started reading, lol.
Jul 24, 2014 5:05 AM

Jun 2010
Damn I was freaking out the last few minutes when the Straw Hats were discovered. I knew somebody was coming to save them... as most of the guys on the ship are useless against such a huge enemy lol.

I didn't expect it to be Sanji though, but oh my... that was such a badass entrance.

Jul 25, 2014 11:24 AM

May 2012
Anybody have any idea whats the name of the music playing at the beggining of the episode? by that i mean the music at the recap.
Jul 25, 2014 5:12 PM
May 2014
jadxw said:
Anybody have any idea whats the name of the music playing at the beggining of the episode? by that i mean the music at the recap.

The music playing at the beginning of the recap is The Strawhats Counterattack OST
Jul 25, 2014 8:33 PM

May 2012
Jayns said:
jadxw said:

The music playing at the beginning of the recap is The Strawhats Counterattack OST

Thanks my friend!
Jul 26, 2014 6:00 AM

Mar 2010
I was hoping to see zorro there.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 27, 2014 5:00 AM

May 2013
Mixed reviews for this episode, I found it to be decent it had a great ending though amazing set up for Sanji vs Doflamingo!

Jul 27, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2009
AhmedHan said:
Haha not sure if his room can reach the rocks, but a fish will do.
Jul 29, 2014 8:41 PM
Jul 2014
AhmedHan said:

Probably because since Devil Fruit Users are super weak to the seawater, likewise their abilities do not work with anything in the water. The same concept would be applied to, say, Robin, if she tried to use her ability to pick something out of the water. It wouldn't work.
Jul 30, 2014 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Animation was pretty bad and so was the pace.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.