Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2014 4:44 PM

Oct 2011
I don't get what's so good about this show, the character are too weak, they go through more training than fighting in every arc i've watched so far, that is the one after greed island. there just isn't enough fights between the good and bad guys for me and certainly not enough eye candy (as in good fight scenes not fanservice)

the pacing of this show sucks, because they go through too much training, not enough action and just too much background stuff happen before going to the next stage of the plot. Also the solutions they find for the problems are really anticlimactic like the story about Kurapika's revenge against the spiders, it ended with a hostage trade I mean come on.

I'm not saying this show is bad, i'm saying this show isn't for me. there are good points about this show, when the director what a good fight produced it is done very well. there are two very good fights so far in this show Gon vs Hisoka and Kurapika vs Uvogin. The other good point is the story is interesting and by that I mean stuff like the way the hunter exam is set up, how Hisoka keeps deceiving people and how the fights are won etc.

honestly this isn't what i expected from a Shounen i wanted action scenes and a more action themed story, this show have the Shounen element of friendship but other than that i would argue this show is more of an adventure type thing.

I am committed to watching this up to the newest episode so I would like to know some things:
1. will i get to see gon find his dad in these episodes
2. has gon find found his dad in the manga yet (a simple yes or no will do)
3. what are the official names of the arcs i've watched (that is the one after greed island) and no, i can't be bothered searching it up
4. the question in the title

feel free to comment anything i've said
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 2014 4:44 PM

Nov 2013
everything except that leorio and kurapika are not in the show enough
Jul 8, 2014 4:46 PM

Jan 2014
Because it's a battle shonen, which is almost a degrading term, yet it manages to have good writing. Not just compared to rest of shonen, but in general.

I could go on endlessly about each point and how each episode is a reminder of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2014 4:49 PM

Dec 2012
The story mostly. The characters are the reason why I think of this a 8.5-9/10, and not 10/10.

I_Am_Awesome said:

I am committed to watching this up to the newest episode so I would like to know some things:
1. will i get to see gon find his dad in these episodes
2. has gon find found his dad in the manga yet (a simple yes or no will do)

Jul 8, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
Answearing ur question: The unique story telling and the narrator gives a different feel for the anime,the top notch animation and execution,the interesting chars and unique chars. design,the godlike OST, the bromance between Gon and Killua, The art style,The best VAs i ever heard, the Unparalleld writting. I will ad more later, i guess this show isn't for everyone them, this isn't ur regular shounen, with fights and fights, this has quality building up,story telling and writting.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 8, 2014 4:57 PM

Mar 2014
The title of this thread is misleading. I was expecting a bunch of fan(boy)s talking about what they loved about HxH and instead we have the OP asking about a rather huge spoiler.

Yeah, this show probably isn't for you. What sets HxH apart from other battle shonen is that it plays upon intelligent fights (like you said, you like how the fights are won) rather than flashy shit (but I guarantee, there will be a rather memorable scene of that criteria in the later episodes.) Oh and, good writing. I mean, good.

As for your questions:

3. The arc where Kurapika deals with the Phantom Troupe is called the Yorknew/Yorkshin Arc; Greed Island Arc is rather obvious; Chimera Ant Arc is named after the species of interest during this arc.

EDIT: kcaco below me listed almost every arc but a lot of those are so short I'd only consider them "mini-arcs". The 3 I listed are the ones that HxH is really known for (Yorknew & CA, especially).

4. What I love about this show are the amounts of likable characters (especially Gon + main protagonists for certain arcs), awesome fights, and great storytelling (especially in the Chimera Ant arc).
jreginaldJul 8, 2014 5:02 PM
Jul 8, 2014 4:58 PM

Feb 2012
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Arc names:
Hunter Exam > Zoldyck Family > Heaven's Arena > Yorknew > Greed Island > Chimera Ant > Election > Dark Continent (current manga)

4. Your 'problem' with the show is why I love the show. I'm not a fan of shounen (but grew up reading a ton of them so I'm familiar and am tired of it all) and HxH is perfectly shows how much more interesting shounen can be if it just stops following the expected battle hungry tropes and mold. I love all the unexpected "anti-climatic' non battle solutions that are tend to related to bigger themes and character's catharsis. It's too silly that some boss fight or friendship power 'solves' it all as most mainstream shounen does. The writing is just awesome and the characters (even the small ones) are really interesting. There's also an unique troll-tastic quality and a disturbing darker edge overall (many kids my generations were seriously haunted by some of the stuffs in YYH). The lack of 'fights' is icing on the cake for me.
kcacoJul 8, 2014 5:20 PM
Jul 8, 2014 5:02 PM

Jan 2014
If anything, watch the Yorknew arc. It is absolutely great.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 8, 2014 5:03 PM

Mar 2014
RedRoseFring said:
If anything, watch the Yorknew arc. It is absolutely great.

He mentioned liking Kurapika vs. Uvo and complained about the resolution of the arc. I think it's safe to say that he's already watched it.
Jul 8, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
I would have thought that answering the first question would be a big spoiler but whatever.

Edit:

Yes

VVV
tsudecimoJul 8, 2014 5:12 PM
Jul 8, 2014 5:10 PM

Mar 2014
^ That's what I thought too.

Off-topic but is your signature supposed to change every time I refresh the page or something? Anyway, pretty sweet.
Jul 8, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2014
I don't get the complaints about pacing, they seem really out of place. This show is literally unmatched when it comes to how to handle the pace.

Battle shonens for starters just assign variable X of chapters per episode for the most part regardless of content.
Every single episode of Hunter x hunter seems to hold much more content than most anime, that too makes me baffled about tge complaint.

And outside Battle Shonens, including originsl anime too, this show seems to parallel the best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2007
judals said:
I don't get the complaints about pacing, they seem really out of place. This show is literally unmatched when it comes to how to handle the pace.

People have short memories when it comes to these kinds of things. HxH is definitely one of the better paced battle shounens by a large margin only surpassed by Fairy Tail which is probably too fast thus lots of fillers.
Jul 8, 2014 5:19 PM

Mar 2014
judals said:

Battle shonens for starters just assign variable X of chapters per episode for the most part regardless of content.
Every single episode of Hunter x hunter seems to hold much more content than most anime, that too makes me baffled about tge complaint.

And outside Battle Shonens, including originsl anime too, this show seems to parallel the best.

Judals, do you consider battle shonen to be "below" original anime in terms of quality? It's just the underlying message I get from reading few of your posts. Not trying to to instigate you or anything, I'm honestly curious whether or not you feel this way. Because if you do think so, I disagree.

But I do agree with HxH paralleling great anime outside of the shonen genre. And I think its place in MAL supports that.
Jul 8, 2014 5:20 PM

Dec 2013
Airsyk said:
judals said:

People have short memories when it comes to these kinds of things. HxH is definitely one of the better paced battle shounens by a large margin.
My guess is that the most think that CA invasion part is dragged. I don't think that way, it was absolutely necessary to have such a throughout narration,as observed later in the arc.
FragOutFire said:

Jul 8, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2014
every arc is unique and not repetitive
Jul 8, 2014 5:26 PM

Jan 2014
jreginald said:
judals said:

Judals, do you consider battle shonen to be "below" original anime in terms of quality? It's just the underlying message I get from reading few of your posts. Not trying to to instigate you or anything, I'm honestly curious whether or not you feel this way. Because if you do think so, I disagree.

But I do agree with HxH paralleling great anime outside of the shonen genre. And I think its place in MAL supports that.

As for original anime I meant only the pacing. I only watched 4 original anime and 3 of them sucked in terms of story. 4th I'm still watching.
Best way to clarify: BS is split into two tiers; battle/hype-oriented: one that relies on action to solve everything, and has pure hype instead build up, big three are probably the best at this, others I drop quickly because they are too familiar and bluntly, cliche.

Second is the story-oriented( and subsequently character oriented), it's got power systems and all the shonen set-up, but does what it wants to do. "Climactic" isn't synonymous with final battle, the build-up somewhat offers its own reward of enjoyment rather than waiting for it to do so in a finale, while still generating hype as a by-product.

hunter x hunter is my favorite/different because it: 1) follows the second 2) is actually very damn good at it 3) while not its main focus, manages to have the best, most uniquely clever fights I've seen.
GrunbeldJul 8, 2014 5:36 PM
Jul 8, 2014 5:33 PM

Mar 2014
judals said:

Mostly yes. (Not to original anime, but non-battle shonen)Not by rule but by general experience do they seem below other non-BS anime that i consider enjoyable/good.

hunter x hunter and FMA seemed to be the only ones that can match things outside of the circle. Which is very impressive because they manage to actually best them despite my initial overly-critical view of them.

As for original anime I meant only the pacing. I only watched 4 original anime and 3 of them sucked in terms of story. 4th I'm still watching.

Ah okay, then my assumption was right. I don't need to name these battle shonens to know the ones you have in mind. That doesn't mean I think the same of these other shows but the majority's opinions of these shows are rather unpleasant. But I'm still going to give them a try down the road.

And that's funny, HxH & Brotherhood are the only battle shonen I've watched (there's also Attack on Titan but people don't usually refer to it as shonen, do they?) and I too think they're one of the best anime out there.
Jul 8, 2014 5:34 PM

Jan 2014
Ahh, I edited my post haha
Jul 8, 2014 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah, it's not so much the pacing as it is the content. There is a lot of unbalanced exposition, especially around the Greed Island point and at the start of the Chimera Ant Arc. Yorknew was the best at balancing stuff, but since you've watched that OP, you may not like the rest.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 8, 2014 5:43 PM

Oct 2011
the reason for question 1 is because that's only thing keeping going through this series ;)
edit:
RedRoseFring said:
Yeah, it's not so much the pacing as it is the content. There is a lot of unbalanced exposition, especially around the Greed Island point and at the start of the Chimera Ant Arc. Yorknew was the best at balancing stuff, but since you've watched that OP, you may not like the rest.

i agree, is not so much the pacing is content and yes Yorknew balanced stuff quite well, man u really understand me don't you
I_Am_AwesomeJul 8, 2014 5:48 PM
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Jul 8, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2013
I have a feeling that u would like Kill la Kill
FragOutFire said:

Jul 8, 2014 5:48 PM

Mar 2014
judals said:

Yeah, I noticed right after I posted lol. My thoughts remain the same, though.

FlareStar101 said:

Haha idk if you were trying to be funny but I laughed because it's probably true.

Sad how Gon seeing Ging is the only thing keeping this guy from dropping the series. It's not even the point :/
Jul 8, 2014 6:03 PM

Dec 2012
It should have been the point, since it's/was Gon's initial goal. It was so underwhelming though for many reasons.
Jul 8, 2014 6:07 PM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
It should have been the point, since it's/was Gon's initial goal. It was so underwhelming though for many reasons.

Yeah, I also thought it was underwhelming at first but their actual time together more than made up for it.

I know it was always Gon's goal from the beginning but so many things have happened (Yorknew, Chimera Ant) that it's not even what HxH is about (anymore). And from the beginning there was always the premise of adventure in the Hunterverse, which helps the OP's argument:

I_Am_Awesome said:
this show have the Shounen element of friendship but other than that i would argue this show is more of an adventure type thing.
Jul 8, 2014 6:38 PM

Jul 2013
Lots of reasons now that i've watched it but what made it stand out was Nen it was complicated and had nearly endless possibility's it puts every other shonen's "super power system" to shame
Jul 8, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2014
jreginald said:
judals said:

Yeah, I noticed right after I posted lol. My thoughts remain the same, though.

FlareStar101 said:

Haha idk if you were trying to be funny but I laughed because it's probably true.

Sad how Gon seeing Ging is the only thing keeping this guy from dropping the series. It's not even the point :/

Well I kind of got that from how they handled it. I like it this way far more than the ever typical "I wanna be the very best/Hokage/PK with the Mc shouting it every episode. Were people even paying attention? How would they think it's the main goal? Watching too much type 1 shonen I say.

is not so much the pacing is content and yes Yorknew balanced stuff quite well,
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1221587&show=20#pk7BWd4BPJuRuiEL.99

And how was it not balanced? See this is why I keep calling these things buzzwords. Seemed like the "critic" just throws out a word they are not even sure it applies just to have the post appear to sound more thoughtful.
Kinda like Forneverworld.
StefanHere said:
Lots of reasons now that i've watched it but what made it stand out was Nen it was complicated and had nearly endless possibility's it puts every other shonen's "super power system" to shame

I agree with this. Only thing people say may stand a chance are the stands from JoJo, but it hardly impressed me yet.
Jul 8, 2014 10:50 PM

Mar 2014
judals said:
Were people even paying attention? How would they think it's the main goal? Watching too much type 1 shonen I say.

Eh, I don't blame them. It's always been Gon's goal/#1 priority. He got to Greed Island and NGL only because of his quest to meet Ging. Of course, a lot of things have happened since then that Gon's mission isn't even near to being the essence of HxH. Of course, people should still look forward to it.
Jul 8, 2014 10:55 PM
Apr 2014
jreginald said:
judals said:
Were people even paying attention? How would they think it's the main goal? Watching too much type 1 shonen I say.

Eh, I don't blame them. It's always been Gon's goal/#1 priority. He got to Greed Island and NGL only because of his quest to meet Ging. Of course, a lot of things have happened since then that Gon's mission isn't even near to being the essence of HxH. Of course, people should still look forward to it.

Latest chapter explained what exactly Gon'goal was.Not meeting his father.
Jul 8, 2014 11:02 PM

Jan 2014
It never was his goal. He only wants to do it as part of his adventure. It sparked gon's interest.
That's something people would know from how the story is executed.
I doubt he even had interest in him as a father... Just someone he'd like to meet maybe.

Even his first goal was not to meet him,but to see what being a hunter is about that one would abandon the family for.
Jul 8, 2014 11:10 PM

Jun 2014
Well you just have to watch enough crap shows in order to truly appreciate the greatness that is hunter x hunter
Jul 8, 2014 11:51 PM

Mar 2014
judals said:
It never was his goal. He only wants to do it as part of his adventure. It sparked gon's interest.
That's something people would know from how the story is executed.
I doubt he even had interest in him as a father... Just someone he'd like to meet maybe.

Even his first goal was not to meet him,but to see what being a hunter is about that one would abandon the family for.

Everything that has happened so far in Gon's adventure were results of his search for Ging. Let's break it down, shall we?

- he literally left Whale Island to find his father. Ging was the reason why Gon wanted to become a Hunter in the first place. Like you said, he wanted to know what was so great about being one that it would cause one to leave his family behind.

- When Ging asked Gon if he wanted to meet him, Gon kept listening. When it came to his biological mother, he stopped listening. If this doesn't establish that meeting Ging is important to Gon, I don't know what does.

- Gon would never have been able to access Greed Island if it wasn't for Ging leaving him the ring + memory card. Keep in mind that this game was also designed by Ging and his friends.

- Gon only ended up in NGL because of the conditions that Ging left for that "NPC" from Greed Island. And who does Gon meet at NGL? Ging's apprentice.

Gon meeting Ging obviously stopped being super important because of the things that happened in the process -- Yorknew City, playing Greed Island game itself, the Chimera Ant invasion, etc. Minus the Yorknew Arc (where Gon only played second fiddle), everything that has happened has been influenced by Ging one way or another. These events would have never happened if it wasn't for Ging having a hand in things. I think it's safe to say that meeting Ging is not only one of Gon's goals but also a very important one at that.

I only say that that's not what Hunter x Hunter is about BECAUSE of the things that have happened. Gon met Killua, Kurapika, Kite, etc., he learned Nen, the Phantom Troupe became a rather important plot to the series, and other remarkable things. And there's also the fact that what being a Hunter meant was introduced before Gon was.
jreginaldJul 9, 2014 12:10 AM
Jul 9, 2014 12:28 AM

Jan 2014
All your points prove that he wants to find him, not that it was his goal.
You're trying to show something that is not being argued.

And what happened in GI and CA? Around 100 episodes of zero fucks given about Ging. Despite him being what gon was going after.

All support the fact that he was merely a catalyst.
Jul 9, 2014 12:41 AM

Mar 2014
judals said:
All your points prove that he wants to find him, not that it was his goal.
You're trying to show something that is not being argued.

Okay, I think we're touching on definitions here. What would you say is Gon's goal then? Or are you saying that he doesn't really have a goal as much as he's just living out the life of a Hunter?

And what happened in GI and CA? Around 100 episodes of zero fucks given about Ging. Despite him being what gon was going after.

All support the fact that he was merely a catalyst.

I did say finding Ging stopped being important BECAUSE of the things that happened. Zero fucks? He left GI hoping to finally meet Ging.

That's a rather huge catalyst.
Jul 9, 2014 4:56 AM

Dec 2012
AppleJinx said:
Well you just have to watch enough crap shows in order to truly appreciate the greatness that is hunter x hunter

That doesn't even makes sense...
Jul 9, 2014 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
Because it's really fun and reminds me a lot of older naruto, which was inspired by this.

tsudecimo said:
AppleJinx said:

Disregarding original comment, you always to post this whenever you are either butthurt or wanna trollishly dismiss someone's post.
Besides, saying you don't understand something just makes you look less smart. Not the other way around.
Jul 9, 2014 6:13 AM

Dec 2012
Archadian said:

tsudecimo said:

Disregarding original comment, you always to post this whenever you are either butthurt or wanna trollishly dismiss someone's post.
Besides, saying you don't understand something just makes you look less smart. Not the other way around.

This doesn't even make any sense...
Jul 9, 2014 8:44 AM
Dec 2013
That it's different from other shonen, and it doesn't follow the cliches of other battle shonen such as a big fight happening at the end of the arc. I like how every arc is unique to one another. How instead of defeating the opponent just by being stronger than them, tactics and mind games are used to help defeat them. The lack of fights don't bother me.

The anime is a cross between Death Note and Dragon Ball to me. The difference is that I don't think Hunter x Hunter is mainstream. I consider Hunter x Hunter an unorthodox battle shonen, and it's probably because Togashi had a lot more freedom to do what he wanted to than he did with Yu Yu Hakusho.

You say the characters are too weak, but they do go through training to get stronger, and the training is part of the adventure. The training is definitely not in every arc. No training in Hunter Exam or Yorknew City arcs. The training was definitely important in Heaven's Arena arc, since that is when Nen is introduced to the characters and viewers, and is important for the rest of the show.

The pacing was worse in Hunter x Hunter (1999). Basically the Hunter Exam and Zoldyck Family arcs were slow-paced, and Heaven's Arena was too short. Hunter x Hunter (2011) is fast-paced in comparison.

Anyway, if this show is not for you, then just watch the usual battle shonen like the Big 3.
wildhoodJul 9, 2014 8:56 AM
Jul 9, 2014 9:08 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah this show might not be for you. There are a lot of notable action packed fights in the later part of the Chimera Ant arc but if you are constantly just watching to expect things like that to happen then you won't find it as interesting.

The appeal of this anime mostly stemmed from just pure great writing. There is a lot of talking as Togashi spends a large amount of effort, when hes not on hiatus, formulating detailed explanations and logical reasoning behind characters' abilities, tactics, plans and course of action.

Although I don't remember much of this in earlier arcs, the latest Chimera Ant arc I thought started to delve quite a bit into philosophy shown through the Chimera Ants themselves who take on a lot of symbolic meaning.
Jul 9, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
jreginald said:
judals said:

Funny enough, there are many who make the same mistake about any other shounen. Heck, there's someone doing it right above you!

JumpinJackFlash said:
That it's different from other shonen, and it doesn't follow the cliches of other battle shonen such as a big fight happening at the end of the arc. I like how every arc is unique to one another. How instead of defeating the opponent just by being stronger than them, tactics and mind games are used to help defeat them. The lack of fights don't bother me.

Wait a minute. Which shounens have fights at the end of every single arc? And funny enough, the last 2 fights of the last 2 arcs were won precisely because the opponent was "just stronger than them." This is making no sense.

Anyway, if this show is not for you, then just watch the usual battle shonen like the Big 3.

Liking or disliking HxH has no bearing on liking the Big 3 either. Your post may just be more confusing than helpful.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 9, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2013
^^^

if you enjoy the the cardboard cutout "battle shonen formula" that the big three follow to the letter then your already at a disposition with HxH as it dosent follow it and at times does the exact opposite(CA being the prime example)
Jul 10, 2014 3:53 AM

Sep 2011
To each is his/her own.

I guess this show is simply not for you, OP.
You'll be disappointed in every arc, even in every episode.

My advise for you is to drop the show. Stop watching if you still haven't. ^_^

As for your question.
My answer is, because I like it.
It suits my taste. ^_^
Jul 10, 2014 7:02 AM

Jan 2014
Hisoka.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jul 10, 2014 7:40 AM

Nov 2012
Everything.
Jul 10, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
StefanHere said:
^^^

if you enjoy the the cardboard cutout "battle shonen formula" that the big three follow to the letter then your already at a disposition with HxH as it dosent follow it and at times does the exact opposite(CA being the prime example)

What cardboard cutout formula? What is this imaginary thing I keep hearing about? I would be more than willing to wager it's just a bunch of points that HxH is also guilty of.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2013
RedRoseFring said:
StefanHere said:
^^^

What cardboard cutout formula? What is this imaginary thing I keep hearing about? I would be more than willing to wager it's just a bunch of points that HxH is also guilty of.

effort, friendship, victory
ofcorse HxH has them but its when it leaves it is when people have the most problems with the series and when others stay true to it and all people have is praise for it

StefanHereJul 10, 2014 10:02 PM
Jul 10, 2014 8:17 PM

Nov 2010
StefanHere said:
ofcorse HxH has them but its when it leaves it is when people have the most problems with the series and when others stay true to it and all people have is praise for it

those types of viewers should stick with the big 3
Sounds like a load of bullshit. You do know that you have two of them rated an 8 and above right? One Piece even has a 10.
Jul 10, 2014 8:53 PM

Jul 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
StefanHere said:

those types of viewers should stick with the big 3
Sounds like a load of bullshit. You do know that you have two of them rated an 8 and above right? One Piece even has a 10.

yea One piece is the 2nd best anime i'll ever see and probably the best marathoning experience but its still just Luffy expanding his crew/allies going from place to place and it will be until it ends

bleach was an amazing action experience on par with DBZ in that aspect everything else was below average

cant find the 3rd one but i rate on experience if i actually rated on what they are then it would be very different

HxH is the best shonen ive seen on paper and actually watching it so i hold it above all else
Jul 10, 2014 9:06 PM

Nov 2010
StefanHere said:
yea One piece is the 2nd best anime i'll ever see and probably the best marathoning experience but its still just Luffy expanding his crew/allies going from place to place and it will be until it ends

bleach was an amazing action experience on par with DBZ in that aspect everything else was below average

cant find the 3rd one but i rate on experience if i actually rated on what they are then it would be very different

HxH is the best shonen ive seen on paper and actually watching it so i hold it above all else
HxH is just an anime where he goes from here to there and will be until it ends. You can simplify any anime.

I also don't see how you're talking about how they all fit that formula.

The third one?
Jul 10, 2014 9:13 PM

Jul 2007
RedRoseFring said:

Wait a minute. Which shounens have fights at the end of every single arc? And funny enough, the last 2 fights of the last 2 arcs were won precisely because the opponent was "just stronger than them." This is making no sense.

Meruem did not win that fight. What happened to him, instead, illustrates well the manner in which Hunter x Hunter regularly subverts the various tropes and clichés that you would expect to find in a battle shounen. No idea which other arc you're referring to. The antagonist of Greed Island was far stronger than Gon.

Liking or disliking HxH has no bearing on liking the Big 3 either. Your post may just be more confusing than helpful.

It does. I've been following the Big 3 for ten years, now, but despite any nostalgic affection I may have for them, Hunter x Hunter and Jojo are really the only battle shonen that I can be bothered to keep up with anymore. HxH is a unique beast, and it avoids many of the pitfalls that have gradually turned me off of its peers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
4 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.