Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2009 12:58 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this series never seem to let me down, Saten is pretty good with his skills^^ I think if he showed up a lot earlier in the battle, Adam and his friends would have a much lower chance of winning. Aruka actually comes into my mind the moment the girl with a mask pops up, and for Eve her clothing at the end actually reminds me of Moka XD
ShanaFlameOct 9, 2009 1:18 AM
Oct 10, 2009 8:27 AM

Apr 2009
*waiting for subs* ~_~'
Oct 11, 2009 1:29 PM

Jul 2008
dam..

yay for new op and ed tho lolz
Oct 11, 2009 5:03 PM

Sep 2007
One question :
The subbed version coming out but...
We have really that in this episode ?
here?
I doesn't already saw... but i want to speak about that before. ^^'
Oct 11, 2009 6:42 PM

Aug 2008
Another great ep! This time with sketchy graphics. I doubt they will ever leave that shelter.

Hope this wasn't the last we seen the pretty girl squad!

ps: avatar in the morning
Oct 11, 2009 7:27 PM
Sep 2009
Once again another good episode, this show never fails to deliver IMO. Can't wait till next week. Although the crappsy animations throughout the episode were annoying I can cope with it seeing how I like this show so much.

Also Panty Shots FTW~

Also Who doesn't love bible references?

Good times, Goooooood Tiiiiiiimes.
TorontoSyrupOct 11, 2009 7:56 PM
Oct 11, 2009 7:44 PM

May 2009
Fourth Strongest is Cruz's sister...
The green hair and yellow eyes same as his sister.
So I'm thinking that.
Oct 11, 2009 8:03 PM

Apr 2009
Wow... that was some QUALITY animation.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Oct 11, 2009 8:14 PM

Apr 2008
What kind of cliffhanger is that o_o!

Oct 11, 2009 8:22 PM

Jul 2008
I'm wondering about Saten fragment, I have some theorie about it.

1-He have the zero fragment like Blade and Adam, he's just not using ability Blade and co know so that they don't notice it

2-He manipulate the wind and use the cannon-like thing on his arm to produce heat or cold. Doing so he can use wind, freeze and burn things by using wind to transport the heat or cold where he want. Wind is also a force so if you use it correctly you can dispel anything. It would also explain why Blade's shirt broke when he used the fourth wall because he don't have any heat to create the fire for the attack since it is not a fragment but come from a machine, only the wind who broke his shirt would have appeared.

I think it's more likely the #2 but well who know ._.
Since the first time the fourth strongest was mentionned, with Cruz's sister in the op it was obvious that the fourth was his sister. It became even more obvious with the new op and this lattest episode.
Oct 11, 2009 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode! I LOVE NEEDLESS!

But wtf happened to the animation during some parts? LoL. One of their people get sick and they had to use a sub?

Well can't wait to see Saten's fragment.
Oct 11, 2009 9:47 PM

Jul 2009
Dang This Was Epic Wonder what Saten's Fragment Really Is
Oct 11, 2009 10:35 PM

Sep 2008
when are they going to leave that shelter...
maxime1007 said:

2-He manipulate the wind and use the cannon-like thing on his arm to produce heat or cold. Doing so he can use wind, freeze and burn things by using wind to transport the heat or cold where he want. Wind is also a force so if you use it correctly you can dispel anything. It would also explain why Blade's shirt broke when he used the fourth wall because he don't have any heat to create the fire for the attack since it is not a fragment but come from a machine, only the wind who broke his shirt would have appeared.
i was thinking the same since i saw the wind
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 12, 2009 1:00 AM

Feb 2009
Awesome ep as always, the fights are getting really nice, and they managed to "spoil" next ep by themselves for those who haven't managed to figure it out yet :P

About Saten's fragment, I'm thinking about the hint that blade gave when he tried to use it. He did call it karma, which might be the name of the fragment, the abilities it posses I can only speculate but considering the name it might be something like absorption and then retaliation, you know what goes around comes around :P
But hopefully we get to see it next ep.

also Pantyshots are a different matter entirely.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Oct 12, 2009 1:10 AM

May 2009
maxime1007 said:

I think it's more likely the #2 but well who know ._.
Since the first time the fourth strongest was mentionned, with Cruz's sister in the op it was obvious that the fourth was his sister. It became even more obvious with the new op and this lattest episode.

Oh men I just wanted to write the same thing... -_-''
Another great episode of Needless... I wish them to keep up the good work and to avoid that lame animation more. :D
Oct 12, 2009 1:31 AM
Oct 2009
Couldn't Saten's Fragment be Temperature? cuz he was able to freeze and burn which
are on both ends of temperature measurement and if u mix hot and cold air a certain way you can make wind.
Oct 12, 2009 2:27 AM

Aug 2008
_Aigis_ said:
Couldn't Saten's Fragment be Temperature? cuz he was able to freeze and burn which
are on both ends of temperature measurement and if u mix hot and cold air a certain way you can make wind.
I was thinking something similar, but maxime1007's theory might be closer to the truth. But neither of these explain what Cruz said, that Saten has to use all his powers and possibly in a sequence
Oct 12, 2009 4:05 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode was awesome. Nice to see how someones fragment isn't completely obvious for once and the thinking involved isn't incredibly simple that anyone could figure it out. Can't wait till next episode.

Also animation was lolzy and all over the place. Definitely not in a bad way.
Oct 12, 2009 5:09 AM

Aug 2008

Once again, feel free to use these if you want
Oct 12, 2009 7:17 AM
Feb 2009
@kvakond i like the avatar of eve the most, really making me laugh lol

Kvakond said:
_Aigis_ said:
I was thinking something similar, but maxime1007's theory might be closer to the truth. But neither of these explain what Cruz said, that Saten has to use all his powers and possibly in a sequence
yeah, _Aigis_ and maxiee1007 theories seem logic but yamada's thought just pour cool water on it.

(just realize my theory might be potentially a spoiler so i put a tag on it)

but its weird why disc cant scan the fragment if my theory is true tho... n what saten said about kurumi's genetic can still be used also bug me a bit (is it related to saten's fragment?)
flame_tiongOct 12, 2009 7:24 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 12, 2009 9:02 AM

May 2008
rofl, Saten rocks, but he lost his pressurizing aura

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 12, 2009 1:04 PM

Nov 2008
I just knew yamada's sis is a bad guy. Or so I think.
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 12, 2009 1:09 PM

Oct 2009
Here are my theories about Saten's fragment:

1. Saten is actually four people

2. Everything was just a dream.

3. Saten is the second.

I'm going for #3 how about u guys? XD

Actually I always assumed he was a zero fragment since he looks so much like the 2 adams... oh well.

Anyway, this series is kicking some ass. Hopefully it will run past this season.

And remember guys, panty shots are another matter entirely.
Oct 12, 2009 1:48 PM

Oct 2007
I don't really think Saten's fragment is that amazing:

- Disc said there is nothing abnormal about his fragment. So he shouldn't has more than one fragment.
- Cruz mention that he can't used the same ability repeatedly.
- At the beginning he said about he can use others people DNA.
- What we have seen so far is he only use his ability with those machines on his hands.

Now the deal is:
- He needs DNA.
- He needs those machine on his hands.
- He can't use the same ability repeatedly.

You should believed that Blade is actually memorized Saten's fragment but can NOT activate it or rather doesn't know the effect of the fragment. I guess the only way to get out of this is... Saten's fragment is something like empower other people fragment while the machines on his hands hold the DNA/fragment ability.

@Kvakond: that is a kickass ava.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 12, 2009 5:30 PM

Feb 2009
It would be something if Matthew 5:30 was actually it.

I wonder is that fourth strongest wearing any underwear....

Saten's fragment is quite puzzling indeed.
Oct 12, 2009 6:49 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lol, Saten's ability would be similar to retribution (i.e. absorp, release, absorb, release, etc...)

Of course, he stores the energy in the two limiter attached to his wrists.

Other than that, Yamada's sister (or look-alike) finally revealed....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 12, 2009 7:16 PM

Feb 2009
Yeah, sketchy animation.
Oct 12, 2009 7:39 PM

Jul 2008
Alexstratz said:
Yeah, sketchy animation.

Oh yeah I totaly had forgotten about this, this was lulz xD
Oct 12, 2009 8:47 PM

Apr 2008
I'm still confused about his attack name.

sounds like he's saying "dying halo" since thats what fansub thought it was in ep 1.

but I guess it could just be a japanese phrase for fourth wave?

or maybe a crazy japanese accented fourth wave? XD
Oct 12, 2009 9:09 PM

Dec 2007
I already knew that fourth strongest is Cruz's sister since there's a small hint of her in episode nine. I am more interested in her reason to be fourth. I am looking forward to Saten's fragment and Cruz's sister's fragment as well.
Oct 12, 2009 10:44 PM

Jan 2009
I think we can safely rule out Saten being another Second clone, since the way I understand how the Needless world works is that each fragment is unique and Saten has used fire in a completely different way to Teruyama's fire which would rule out a memorization.

I was thinking the whole episode it may be "I have the power of Thermodynamics!!!" but that's too broad. Temperature is a good fit as indeed it can freeze, heat, and provoke updrafts, and the fact that to use the last one he has to use the other two in secuence is related to what Cruz said. Other possibility is he has some sort of "Science Knowledge fragment", that would explain why he is in charge of keeping Arclight alive, his powers (they are actually related to his devices) and why he commenst about Kurumi's DNA (maybe he can clone her or design a weapon for his use from her genes), but that wouldn't relate well with Cruz's clue.

I feel we don't have all the pieces of the puzzle, and maybe Saten's character design will be involved in the solution (particularly his eyes which may be invoking some sort of disability superpower, and of course, his giant bracelets/cannons).
Oct 13, 2009 1:11 AM

Aug 2008
blahrgness said:
I'm still confused about his attack name.

sounds like he's saying "dying halo" since thats what fansub thought it was in ep 1.

but I guess it could just be a japanese phrase for fourth wave?

or maybe a crazy japanese accented fourth wave? XD
I guess it's a similar case to Release temptation/Lilith's temptation. Hard to guess with all the engrish till it's written in an ep title
Oct 13, 2009 7:33 AM

Aug 2009
I'd be glad if they had left that room ffs.. But not a single sec of boredom as always.
Oct 13, 2009 11:24 AM

Jul 2008
i think his power is
RANDOM
Oct 13, 2009 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
almozayaf said:
i think his power is
RANDOM

It's not random, he obviously know which attack he's going to use before doing it.
Oct 13, 2009 1:03 PM

Jul 2009
Mawootad said:

Har har

Doesn't count when it's on purpose
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 13, 2009 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
Mawootad said:

Some of the parts reminded me of Noein and some its fights..
Oct 13, 2009 1:10 PM

Jul 2009
iiSatou said:
So I'm thinking that.

Would it be awesome if it wasn't and they just made you think it is?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 13, 2009 1:23 PM
Dec 2007
Nice episode with a very experimental animation on some fights. It was original and great.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 13, 2009 2:57 PM

May 2008
<_< I'm so confused..is Saten's fragment different from Adam's? Or does he like, kill Needless and absorb their Fragments as his own?

Oct 13, 2009 5:59 PM

Oct 2009
KayChan4U said:
<_< I'm so confused..is Saten's fragment different from Adam's? Or does he like, kill Needless and absorb their Fragments as his own?

Nah, if he had Zero frament Adam wouldn't have been able to absorb his fragment, and Disc would have been able to scan it.

Temperature and Pressure are both good possibilities but I dunno where Yamada's speculation about Saten having to use his attacks in sequence fits in.

Oh well, I guess I'll leave the thinking to Yamada and just enjoy the panty shots. :D
Oct 16, 2009 10:26 AM

Mar 2008
Comedy wasn't as good as normally this episode. Also the endless fight is starting to get on my nerves. It's like watching DBZ all over again. But well, it's still more or less decent.
Also that shitty animation in between was used way too often. I didn't find that too hilarious or funny.
Oct 16, 2009 7:41 PM

Jun 2008
What a cliffhanger. I can't wait for 16 now.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 16, 2009 11:19 PM

Jan 2009
AWESOME SHOW FOR AWESOME PEOPLE!

Cool ep, that Saten guy is pretty insane!

Oct 17, 2009 6:37 AM
Feb 2009
unellmay said:
iiSatou said:
So I'm thinking that.

@unellmay
i will be impressed if your theory turn out to be true, but nah, needless isnt epic enough to be like that
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 17, 2009 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
flame_tiong said:
unellmay said:
iiSatou said:
So I'm thinking that.

@unellmay
i will be impressed if your theory turn out to be true, but nah, needless isnt epic enough to be like that

I don't think that would be epic. It would be the equivalent of a Shocking Swerve: May be interesting for a second with the "Gotcha!" effect on the public, but then wouldn't add anything to the story. Instead, by her being Cruz's sister, there is a whole new pathos and added stakes to the plotline.
Oct 18, 2009 2:03 AM

Jan 2008
this show just keeps fucking rocking. i dont know how nobody there thinks that the one chick is cruz's sister. i'll be incredibly surprised if its not her. we'll see, cant wait for next week.
Oct 18, 2009 7:34 AM

Apr 2009
Not much comedy,but cool fights,I too think that the fragment of Saten is something about the heat/temperature. XD
Oct 25, 2009 3:49 AM

Feb 2008
The bad animation made this episode even better.
Oct 26, 2009 6:42 PM

Jun 2009
Another decent episode...but when will they get out of that room already?!!?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Needless Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 10, 2009

124 by Reshiram_IX »»
May 25, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaDenmad - Dec 3, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 21 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 20, 2009

49 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 12, 2009

41 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 19 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 5, 2009

45 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.