Jul 2011
dead or alive?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2014 6:41 PM

Sep 2012
She is alive though I hope I'm wrong.
Jul 5, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2013
They'll probably go the valvrave route with this one.
Jul 5, 2014 6:52 PM
Oct 2011
fst said:
Except that it's not as badly written as Valvrave. The princess obviously didn't die here, they didn't show her face, they made things to easy for the "terrorists, they didn't hype the shit out of the death, and they didn't make a character traumatized by a death that obviously happened, then retcon it and say it didn't. This was most likely a move for the martians to make a reason for the attack on earth.

If the princess was dead however, which I highly doubt, then this anime will be far worse than Valvrave. (The staff is pretty good, so again, I highly doubt the princess is dead)
Jul 5, 2014 6:53 PM

Mar 2012
She is still alive. If they throw a burn out necklace from that soldier then she is dead for real.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 5, 2014 7:07 PM

Sep 2012
Candor said:

If the princess was dead however, which I highly doubt, then this anime will be far worse than Valvrave.

Why? because you predicted that she'd survive?
Jul 5, 2014 7:16 PM
Dec 2013
I think she's alive, didn't give us any hints that she is but the scene where it blocked her face was to tell us something. I guess it could be decoy?
Jul 5, 2014 7:29 PM
Oct 2010
When he said the necklace warded off evil spirits he meant missiles.
Jul 5, 2014 7:34 PM
Dec 2013
skudoops said:
When he said the necklace warded off evil spirits he meant missiles.
Oh good catch, did he mean it literally? -_-7
Jul 5, 2014 7:53 PM

Apr 2010
She's alive, so she can die again later.
Jul 5, 2014 7:57 PM

Mar 2012
antonn said:
Not before she is revealed to be the big bad of the series.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 5, 2014 8:01 PM
Mar 2012
1) The inside of the vehicle was not shown, the princess wasn't shown from any proper angle.
2) It's fairly common procedure to use decoys.
3) The explosion scene is amazingly off-model: http://i.imgur.com/cfcFf9t.jpg
Less likely:
4) Crazy alien technology happened "Power of the God".

She's alive.
Jul 5, 2014 9:08 PM

Mar 2013
Candor said:
fst said:
Except that it's not as badly written as Valvrave. The princess obviously didn't die here, they didn't show her face, they made things to easy for the "terrorists, they didn't hype the shit out of the death, and they didn't make a character traumatized by a death that obviously happened, then retcon it and say it didn't. This was most likely a move for the martians to make a reason for the attack on earth.

If the princess was dead however, which I highly doubt, then this anime will be far worse than Valvrave. (The staff is pretty good, so again, I highly doubt the princess is dead)

Implying valvrave wasn't any good...
Jul 5, 2014 9:51 PM

Apr 2014
DeviFreakMint said:
1) The inside of the vehicle was not shown, the princess wasn't shown from any proper angle.
2) It's fairly common procedure to use decoys.
3) The explosion scene is amazingly off-model: http://i.imgur.com/cfcFf9t.jpg
Less likely:
4) Crazy alien technology happened "Power of the God".

She's alive.

They didn't used a decoy/substitute for the Princess.
So she's probably dead... Or maybe I'm wrong
But I wish she's alive though.

And That screenshot was after the blast.
Take a look of this.

http://s3.postimg.org/eyssn7fnl/output_CDY0fl.gif
http://imgur.com/a/u2o1n
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 5, 2014 9:56 PM
Aug 2011
antonn said:

going with this
Jul 6, 2014 1:08 AM
Oct 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Candor said:

If the princess was dead however, which I highly doubt, then this anime will be far worse than Valvrave.

Why? because you predicted that she'd survive?
No, but because the build up wasn't there and the princess was too important of a character to die with her face not shown for example, I mean she was compared to a god in this episode and then you kill her that way? The operation felt too easy for the bombers, no one reacted, no one cared, not even the princess. So basically everything hinted that she's alive, so her turning out to be actually dead kinda makes you roll your eyes about the point of all those obvious hints, and more importantly, the point of the death.
Candor123Jul 6, 2014 1:18 AM
Jul 6, 2014 1:33 AM
Jun 2013
that hime still alive. simple because she a heroine.
hope urobuchi not make this anime will become worse.
Jul 6, 2014 2:09 AM

Oct 2007
I'm going to say dead just because I believe Gen Urobuchi is so pursuant of that whole being darkier and edgier thing that he'll just have her remain dead even if there's no real story reason for her character to have existed beyond this point other than as a conflict driver just for the potential shock value.
Jul 6, 2014 2:11 AM
Aug 2013
Alive.
Jul 6, 2014 2:18 AM

May 2012
Remember the angle of the princess being shown outside the car?
Yup, she's definitely still alive.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 6, 2014 2:22 AM

Apr 2013
Alive cause that princess that got bombed could be her double.
Jul 6, 2014 2:34 AM

May 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I'm going to say dead just because I believe Gen Urobuchi is so pursuant of that whole being darkier and edgier thing that he'll just have her remain dead even if there's no real story reason for her character to have existed beyond this point other than as a conflict driver just for the potential shock value.
No, he's keeping her alive so he can add another SHOCK twist later and then be even more dark and edgy by killing her off for real for extra SHOCK factor.

I'm expecting that, if she stays dead, I'll be more satisfied.
Jul 6, 2014 4:41 AM

Nov 2012
T3hSource said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
No, he's keeping her alive so he can add another SHOCK twist later and then be even more dark and edgy by killing her off for real for extra SHOCK factor.

Please. I'd love if she stayed dead. A script with balls would make this show stand from the pack.
Jul 6, 2014 5:34 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
It would be interesting now if she was a Cal case from Phantom.
Jul 6, 2014 5:36 AM
Oct 2013
She's probably dead. The ones who bombed here are the knight guys since they wanted war. I'm almost sure of this.
Jul 6, 2014 8:19 AM
Jun 2013
I think something might've happened in all the dim caused by the missiles. Still, there's a chance she had a doppelganger.

Jul 6, 2014 8:21 AM

Nov 2013
NeoAnkara said:
antonn said:
Not before she is revealed to be the big bad of the series.
Don't think so. She will die before episode 4, not enough time to make her the big bad and if it was it makes no sense to kill her so early on.
Jul 6, 2014 10:53 AM

May 2013
[quote=Candor]
fst said:

What the....
Jul 6, 2014 11:25 AM

Jun 2008
Watched too many anime...and with that kind of scene I highly doubt that she's "dead", with that kind of angle and lack of "face" that's just probably a double.
It's just simply
1. Too convenient and easy for something important.
2. Boring as hell. (shocker scene with no weight)

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 6, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2012
That OST is eargasmic, and Kalafina doing the OP? Wow, just wow. The animation was stunning too.
The plot sounded interesting on paper, but boy has Urobutcher delivered so far. I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS.
Jul 6, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2008
If it wasn't a decoy then she's dead, it's Urobuchi we're talking about here.
Jul 6, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 2007
Miraclezify said:
T3hSource said:

Please. I'd love if she stayed dead. A script with balls would make this show stand from the pack.

I think there's a lot more to making a good space opera series than something like that.
Jul 6, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 2014
see like, if you thought about mami's death in madoka, you can totally believe the princess is dead.
Jul 6, 2014 12:03 PM

Jun 2008
Posse said:
If it wasn't a decoy then she's dead, it's Urobuchi we're talking about here.

Urobuchi is better than this.
Urobuchi is known for his character depression spirals, he's not known for killing his characters indiscriminately, He would kill important characters, but that was just weightless when compared his usual stuff, if she's really dead.

If she's really dead, then that would be really disappointing, when compared to other deaths that Urobuchi has handled in the past. It will just show that he's lazy.

Orpheus011 said:
see like, if you thought about mami's death in madoka, you can totally believe the princess is dead.

Please.. Mami's death is way better than this, if this is true.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 6, 2014 12:16 PM

Sep 2013
Ya, I am still hesitant on continuing this series or now.

I think the Princess is likely alive... only because of the way it was shot seeing the back of her head. This is Urobuchi, the master of SHOCK FACTOR. If she's gonna die, it's gonna be brutal and in your face, cause that's his way of doing things.

There's no way he would waste her death like that, because it gets totally overshadowed by the other SHOCK FACTOR moment of the Nuke frying everybody to ashes and blowing up a city.

Either way, I am not a fan of shock factor as I just think it's a way to make people think the show is edgy or mature when it isn't. Hey though, that's Urobuchi for ya.

Seriously though, she is probably alive. If she is gonna die, he will save it for later.
Jul 6, 2014 12:27 PM

Feb 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:

AFAIK, Urobuchi is not the main writer for this show, someone else took over during production.
Jul 6, 2014 1:00 PM
Oct 2010
Keten said:

Either way, I am not a fan of shock factor as I just think it's a way to make people think the show is edgy or mature when it isn't.

I'm guessing berserk is the exception to your rule?
Jul 6, 2014 1:09 PM

Jun 2012
We didn`t saw her face. That means that she is most probably still alive.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2014 1:36 PM

Sep 2013
skudoops said:
Keten said:

Either way, I am not a fan of shock factor as I just think it's a way to make people think the show is edgy or mature when it isn't.

Berserk does not use shock factor. It does not introduce characters just to kill them off in the same episode. Shock factor is when you start off a series with a bang killing off people before they get an ounce of development or connection to the viewer to introduce a sense of realism when it isn't actual realism. Berserk develops its characters beautifully and gives them human personalities instead of just blank generic archetypes that are only introduced to be killed. They have a connection to the viewer and gives the viewer time to get to know them so that you actually CARE if they die.

Do not compare this to Berserk.
KetenJul 6, 2014 1:42 PM
Jul 6, 2014 1:45 PM

Feb 2013
Alive of course. They couldn't kill off the beautiful hime sama in the first episode.

Jul 6, 2014 1:49 PM

Sep 2008
There's absolutely 0% chance of her being dead. It will be horrible story-telling otherwise. Also she's listed as a main character.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 6, 2014 1:53 PM
Oct 2010
Keten said:
skudoops said:

Berserk does not use shock factor. It does not introduce characters just to kill them off in the same episode. Shock factor is when you start off a series with a bang killing off people before they get an ounce of development or connection to the viewer to introduce a sense of realism when it isn't actual realism. Berserk develops its characters beautifully and gives them human personalities instead of just blank generic archetypes that are only introduced to be killed. They have a connection to the viewer and gives the viewer time to get to know them so that you actually CARE if they die.

Do not compare this to Berserk.

Um shock factor is where you don't see something coming, it really has nothing to do with development or not. Also it's more shocking for a developed character to get killed off than it is for a random throw away with zero development.. also...
Jul 6, 2014 2:25 PM
Oct 2010
Keten said:

Also this has derailed from the original topic.
Sorry Guys!!

I get what you mean now and I wasn't trying to be confrontational, I was just curious. I also really like berserk (as I have it in my favourites and all).
Jul 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Sep 2013
skudoops said:

Um shock factor is where you don't see something coming, it really has nothing to do with development or not. Also it's more shocking for a developed character to get killed off than it is for a random throw away with zero development.. also...

Oookay, sorry. My bad. I had a misconception of what Shock Factor was and worded my reply wrong. Sorry.

You are right, Berserk does use Shock Factor. Also I want to point out that I am only judging it based off 1 episode, Aldnoah.Zero might never have bad shock factor ever again and even the shock factor it did have wasn't THAT bad.

There is poorly done shock factor and well done shock factor. Well done is when a character dies in a scenario not only where it makes sense, but after they have already gotten development and a relationship with the viewer. Death can be used to build atmosphere as well, so random people dying could just be used as a form of world building. The issue I had with the first episode is that it did a knee jerk sort of thing... Where it was like, "Hey, look at this calm, exposition filled planet, would be a shame if anything were to OOOH BOMB EXPLODED LOOK HOW MATURE WE ARE WITH BODIES TURNING TO ASHES." It just sort of came out of no where and takes you by surprise. That is the kind of shock factor I was talking about disliking, where it seems like it was just there to tell the viewers to watch and am in no way saying the series will be bad.

Anyway, it's also a matter of you shouldn't compare it to Berserk because it's such a critically acclaimed series, so it puts unfair high expectations on Aldnoah.Zero when you do that.

Sorry that this seems to have derailed the original topic.

Edit: Damnit, you saw my original reply. xD sorry, I worded that all wrong and it came out sloppy and too long, so I deleted it. (Is that allowed on this site? If not I will never do it again) Dx Also don't worry, I can see you like Berserk, I wasn't taking it as you were insulting it or anything.
KetenJul 6, 2014 2:33 PM
Jul 6, 2014 3:22 PM
Dec 2013
The thing for me thinking she's alive is that we never saw a shot of the necklace amongst the wreckage. If I had seen it, it would have been as good as seeing the body. Not seeing it is like seeing the hand of a body twitch. It was totally a body double, but she kept the necklace.

Now the question is how this is going to play out? Will she run into Inaho and rush to make contact with a Martian group that wasn't involved in the assassination attempt? Where is she going to go?
Jul 6, 2014 3:26 PM

Mar 2014
Quoo said:
dead or alive?

Alive she is listed as a main character.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 6, 2014 3:30 PM

Sep 2013
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
Quoo said:
dead or alive?

Alive she is listed as a main character.

I kind of hope they show that shes alive quickly though. I don't want her to appear like 8 episodes in, cause then I'd just go, "Oh look it's that girl who died that I don't really know, shes nice right?" lol
Jul 6, 2014 4:00 PM

Nov 2012
SetsukoHara said:

+1
Don't really like her, just another innocent, goody two shoes kind of main heroine
I kinda like the protagonist though, and his sister
Jul 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
SetsukoHara said:

we all hope we are wrong on this one

ahh i hope she really dies sometime later, i love urobuchi when he does that
Jul 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
antonn said:

could not agree more
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.