Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2014 3:48 PM
Jul 2014
Why exist so many haters the NGNL at review?
I hate posers.
Jul 1, 2014 6:06 PM

Apr 2010
Mayuu_ said:
I hate posers.

I love NGNL
Jul 2, 2014 8:46 AM

Aug 2011
Oh god my anime crush of this season <3
WHY SORA ISN'T MY BROTHER GODDAMN. :'(
Shiro = cuteness overload pls.
NEED SEASON 2!
10/10
Jul 2, 2014 2:51 PM

Oct 2007
Mayuu_ said:
I hate posers.

I still don't understand why it's so important to this shows fans that it be loved unconditionally by absolutely all. This show is still overwhelmingly loved by pretty much all of MAL so honestly people need to just quit their bitching and just enjoy the show by rewatching it already or something cause not everybody is going to grovel before what MAL seems to think is it's uncontestable greatness.

Sorry but it's just so stupid and ridiculous and I'm kind of tired of hearing this shows fanbase whine that some people don't like it and being insufferable twats to anybody that doesn't exactly parrot it's perceived qualities at all times on the internet.

bastek66 said:
Elitists on mal are so fucking funny.

Vastly outnumbered by annoying defensive fanboys that can't seem to handle when not absolutely everybody loves their show. Honestly though I don't even really think this site has an elitist problem, if anything it's actually quite anti-intellectual and seems to shit on and think poorly of anybody that actually expects anything out of shows like solid character development and not just random wacky antics and comedy. Apparently expecting tighter storytelling and world building and characters you can actually root for and get behind as something approaching decent human beings makes you an "elitist" now though and that's a bad thing. If MAL could see the kind of reputation it's userbase has outside of this site and how poorly this stuff reflects on the community....well I doubt they'd care anyway actually so never mind.

Just such a joke, this show really has showcased MAL as a community at it's absolute worst and most obnoxious.
PeacingOutJul 2, 2014 3:01 PM
Jul 3, 2014 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Mayuu_ said:
I hate posers.

I still don't understand why it's so important to this shows fans that it be loved unconditionally by absolutely all. This show is still overwhelmingly loved by pretty much all of MAL so honestly people need to just quit their bitching and just enjoy the show by rewatching it already or something cause not everybody is going to grovel before what MAL seems to think is it's uncontestable greatness.

Sorry but it's just so stupid and ridiculous and I'm kind of tired of hearing this shows fanbase whine that some people don't like it and being insufferable twats to anybody that doesn't exactly parrot it's perceived qualities at all times on the internet.

bastek66 said:
Elitists on mal are so fucking funny.

Vastly outnumbered by annoying defensive fanboys that can't seem to handle when not absolutely everybody loves their show. Honestly though I don't even really think this site has an elitist problem, if anything it's actually quite anti-intellectual and seems to shit on and think poorly of anybody that actually expects anything out of shows like solid character development and not just random wacky antics and comedy. Apparently expecting tighter storytelling and world building and characters you can actually root for and get behind as something approaching decent human beings makes you an "elitist" now though and that's a bad thing. If MAL could see the kind of reputation it's userbase has outside of this site and how poorly this stuff reflects on the community....well I doubt they'd care anyway actually so never mind.

Just such a joke, this show really has showcased MAL as a community at it's absolute worst and most obnoxious.

I can only completely agree.
I do not even expect decent storytelling or characterization from most anime... I just expect that these two aspects actually exist in a show and are somewhat coherent. Nothing more. That is the very basis of storytelling, the 101, the absolute minimum. And even that is too much for some anime out there (who are mostly belonging to categories that are prone to attract otaku, btw) - yet they get praised by nearly everyone in this community. The same people that would probably hate it if any standard Western TV drama did such a sloppy job. And THIS is what frustrates me.

Hate on all the overdone and mediocre crime shows on Western TV all you want, at least they usually manage to uphold some standards.
NidhoeggrJul 3, 2014 6:56 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 3, 2014 7:05 AM

May 2014
@Kaioshin_Sama @Nidhoeggr

I tip my hat off to you gentlemen!
Jul 3, 2014 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
So many people trying to use objective measures to determine the value of a piece of entertainment, so hilarious.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 3, 2014 7:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Why are people still arguing over this lol, either you try to take it seriously and you won't like it, or you just sit back and enjoy it and you will. Is that such a complicated thing? >.<
Jul 3, 2014 7:25 AM

Apr 2009
So, just because it is anime Meet The Spartans is acceptable now?
The type of humour and the niveau of it are roughly the same...
Jul 3, 2014 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
What in the bloody hell does meet the spartans have to do with anything?

Jul 3, 2014 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
Showing the double standard here because I think a lot of people do the medium anime a disservice by completely abandoning all standards because "it is anime, only good for entertainment purposes". Guess what, entertainment can be witty AND well written AND easily accessible AND appeal to more than one demographic. Stop being such apologetic fanboys because a cheap ecchi with loli fanservice isn't loved by everyone.
Jul 3, 2014 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
You actually have proof of people of people doing that? I never even saw that movie.

"@Stop being such apologetic fanboys because an ecchi with loli fanservice isn't loved by everyone.9"

I'm a fanboy for enjoying the series? thats new to me.

Jul 3, 2014 7:37 AM
Dec 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I can only completely agree.
I do not even expect decent storytelling or characterization from most anime... I just expect that these two aspects actually exist in a show and are somewhat coherent. Nothing more. That is the very basis of storytelling, the 101, the absolute minimum. And even that is too much for some anime out there (who are mostly belonging to categories that are prone to attract otaku, btw) - yet they get praised by nearly everyone in this community. The same people that would probably hate it if any standard Western TV drama did such a sloppy job. And THIS is what frustrates me.

Hate on all the overdone and mediocre crime shows on Western TV all you want, at least they usually manage to uphold some standards.

Replying to both Kaioshin-Sama and Nidhoeggr:

Nobody wants you to grovel and like the show really, I havent seen any post who demand you to do that
No show is loved by everybody. That is the fact. But the thing is, no one like when the show they loved being trash-talked over and over and over again. It does not matter if the show is actually good or not. And honestly, they have the right to defend their show. You two are the ones who threw the first shot here, trying to pick a fight.And then you repeat it, again and again and again. So yea, you are the one to be blamed.

Kaioshin-Sama, I am told that you have a blog about anime. So do your rant there, talk about the show you hate all you want there. And if someone who loved that show argue with you there, its their fault. But doing it here, when most people love the show, is just asking for a fight.

Elitism is fine, but do it in your own circle. Showing it on "casuals" and "fanboys" like us, is just arrogance, condescending, and obnoxious. And both your behaviour werent exactly the epitome of human decency.
Sure the majority of MAL community is not really pleasant,thats the reason I prefer to lurk, but the like of you two is just worse really

"Just such a joke, this show really has showcased MAL as a community at it's absolute worst and most obnoxious."
Really?

Nidhoeggr said:
So, just because it is anime Meet The Spartans is acceptable now?
The type of humour and the niveau of it are roughly the same...

You make me laugh... both humour is the same? I lost even more faith in you
Jul 3, 2014 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
They should be allowed to talk about the show wherever they want. In this case, everyone would probably be happier if they didn't, but some people like to make life a little tougher than it is. They shouldn't insult fans of the show either, but doesn't MAL have rules against that? I don't know the forum rules well.

"But the thing is, no one like when the show they loved being trash-talked over and over and over again."
This is true, but I don't think it's particularly damaging either. Especially considering that in this case the show's detractors are using completely different standards to judge the show than its proponents. It's like getting mad when somebody complains about the texture of Jello when you don't even care about the texture and just like the taste.
Jul 3, 2014 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
This is fun:
But the thing is, no one like when the show they loved being trash-talked over and over and over again.

Fans of Aku no Hana and Ping Pong also have to listen to people expressing their dislike for the "shit artstyle", fans of Berserk have to put up with 80% of the comments being "Q_Q, Golden Age was best, the rest is shit" and "Miura is lazy", etc.
Do you see a a pattern here? Oh yes, it's a diverging opinion! I wonder what kind of public area is used for discussing diverging opinions...

It's as Popka said: We complain about different things. If you just want to enjoy the series without thinking too much and then share some fancy oneliners that praise it there should be no need for you to get into this discussion we are having here anyway. nevertheless, it belongs to the thread as we discuss this series.
NidhoeggrJul 3, 2014 8:05 AM
Jul 3, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
This is fun:
But the thing is, no one like when the show they loved being trash-talked over and over and over again.

Fans of Aku no Hana and Ping Pong also have to listen to people expressing their dislike for the "shit artstyle", fans of Berserk have to put up with 80% of the comments being "Q_Q, Golden Age was best, the rest is shit" and "Miura is lazy", etc.
Do you see a a pattern here? Oh yes, it's a diverging opinion! I wonder what kind of public area is used for discussing diverging opinions...

You know the difference between opinions and attacking others for holding a different opinion, right?

Jul 3, 2014 8:05 AM
Dec 2011
Popka said:
They should be allowed to talk about the show wherever they want. In this case, everyone would probably be happier if they didn't, but some people like to make life a little tougher than it is. They shouldn't insult fans of the show either, but doesn't MAL have rules against that? I don't know the forum rules well.

"But the thing is, no one like when the show they loved being trash-talked over and over and over again."
This is true, but I don't think it's particularly damaging either. Especially considering that in this case the show's detractors are using completely different standards to judge the show than its proponents. It's like getting mad when somebody complains about the texture of Jello when you don't even care about the texture and just like the taste.

I guess its not against the rules, but it is common sense really. since its World Cup right now, picture this: A few people trash talk Brazil Football teams in the middle of the street in Brazil,saying it sucks and the player are trash; and then said to those Brazil fans that they are the worst for defending them and so on, repeatedly. What do you think will happen?
That is basically what is happening here
Jul 3, 2014 8:11 AM

Apr 2009
mirailianil said:
Popka said:

I guess its not against the rules, but it is common sense really. since its World Cup right now, picture this: A few people trash talk Brazil Football teams in the middle of the street in Brazil,saying it sucks and the player are trash; and then said to those Brazil fans that they are the worst for defending them and so on, repeatedly. What do you think will happen?

Well, does the Brazilian football team sexualize 11-year old girls?

Obviously this is a massive hyperbole, but it doesn't change that at the end a few people here argue about the messages the series sends on a meta level and other themes that are not directly related to the discussion about the episodes' content itself. Would another thread within this subforum be better for it? Probably. Is it still a discussion related to the series? Yes.
NidhoeggrJul 3, 2014 8:14 AM
Jul 3, 2014 8:14 AM
Dec 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
This is fun:

It's as Popka said: We complain about different things. If you just want to enjoy the series without thinking too much and then share some fancy oneliners that praise it there should be no need for you to get into this discussion we are having here anyway. nevertheless, it belongs to the thread as we discuss this series.

I cant say for Aku no Hana and Bersek since I did not lurk on their forum, but from what I can see on Ping Pong's those who said badly on their forum mostly only post 2 or 3 times at most, and then left, but you both are persistent and like I said, "again, and again and again". And also, it seems that quite a few of them who talk bad about Ping Pong were doing that because someone like you trash-talk a show and praise Ping Pong on its forum. Even here. You "criticize" NGNL and praise Ping Pong on NGNL forum.
Nidhoeggr said:
mirailianil said:

Well, does the Brazilian football team sexualize 11-year old girls?

Obviously this is a massive hyperbole, but it doesn't change that at the end a few people here argue about the messages the series sends on a meta level and other themes that are not directly related to the discussion about the episodes' content itself. Would another thread within this subforum be better for it? Probably. Is it still a discussion related to the series? Yes.

That is beside the point. What I was trying to explain here is why those who like the show being hostile to you.
mirailianilJul 3, 2014 8:17 AM
Jul 3, 2014 8:22 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, of course hostility is to be expected when you think the series a lot of people like sends problematic messages. But where should we discuss the messages this series' specifically sends in our opinion otherwise when we want to let all people who watch it engage in this discussion as well?
Posting it here can be seen as hostile towards you, but it is more an invitation for everyone to really engage in the merits of this show on another level imho. otherwise I wouldn't have posted it in public. And really: what do you prefer? Trashtalking without reason behind everyone's backs or openly engaging in a (hopefully) more open debate?
NidhoeggrJul 3, 2014 8:27 AM
Jul 3, 2014 8:30 AM
Dec 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Oh, of course hostility is to be expected when you think the series a lot of people like sends problematic messages. But where should we discuss the messages this series' specifically sends in our opinion otherwise when we want to let all people who watch it engage in this discussion as well?
Posting it here can be seen as hostile towards you, but it is more an invitation to really engage in the merits of this show on another level imho.

You mean something like this?
Honestly though I don't even really think this site has an elitist problem, if anything it's actually quite anti-intellectual and seems to shit on and think poorly of anybody that actually expects anything out of shows like solid character development and not just random wacky antics and comedy.

this show really has showcased MAL as a community at it's absolute worst and most obnoxious

Explain to me how can these contribute to better discussion about the show
Jul 3, 2014 8:36 AM

Apr 2009
Considering our discussion right now that always borders on the worst I guess the last quote is ironically quite spot-on. And you surely won't deny that telling people to stop posting if they have diverging opinions is a bit anti-intellectual. NGNL is looking pretty good if anything, there are series that have it much, MUCH worse. And if the public really likes/dislikes something you don't agree with you have to accept it. It is frustrating - I know it, because usually the stuff I like gets a lot less exposure than I'd love to (Hyouge Mono ;_;) or some ridiculous criticism - but that's just how it is. And if a series has controversial material it shouldn't really suprise anyone that these type of discussions pop up. And yes, this type of ecchi is controversial.

We are getting a bit offtopic, though.
Jul 3, 2014 9:12 AM
Dec 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Considering our discussion right now that always borders on the worst I guess the last quote is ironically quite spot-on. And you surely won't deny that telling people to stop posting if they have diverging opinions is a bit anti-intellectual. NGNL is looking pretty good if anything, there are series that have it much, MUCH worse. And if the public really likes/dislikes something you don't agree with you have to accept it. It is frustrating - I know it, because usually the stuff I like gets a lot less exposure than I'd love to (Hyouge Mono ;_;) or some ridiculous criticism - but that's just how it is. And if a series has controversial material it shouldn't really suprise anyone that these type of discussions pop up. And yes, this type of ecchi is controversial.

We are getting a bit offtopic, though.

Quite.
And yes I agree, it is controversial, but the problem here is Kaioshin Sama didnt really discuss about that controversial materials and such, but making controversial of his own. From the past few weeks Ive seen the gist of this
Kaioshin state the flaw-> someone trying to explain the flaw(mostly Takuan Soho) -> Kaioshin insult the defender and "fanboys" -> a few of them gets mad -Kaioshin insults MAL community(repeat ad infinitum)

And every so often:
Someone criticizing the show -> Kaioshin support him or her+ saying incoherent thing + insulting those who like the show +insulting Mal community in general etc.

That is NOT how to discuss something.
Also,
rederoin said:

You know the difference between opinions and attacking others for holding a different opinion, right?
Jul 3, 2014 7:54 PM
Feb 2014
I just realized this but since Blank never loses, is a draw acceptable to them? And not the type of draw, like in the rock, paper and scissor game with Steph and coin toss with the Shrine Priestess, where they intentionally wanted a draw.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Jul 3, 2014 7:59 PM

Jun 2013
Amazing show. The art could have been better. 7/10
Jul 3, 2014 8:12 PM
Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
I still don't understand why it's so important to this shows fans that it be loved unconditionally by absolutely all.

Because there is a difference between not liking something for a reason, and not liking something because it is a symbol of something you don't like.

Kaioshin for instance hates the show not for what it is intrinsically, but because he hates the one show every cour that, because it is entertaining, gets enthusiastic praise. Last two cours it was Kill La Kill, this cour it was NGNL. Now, in theory, I sympathize with Kaioshin and do understand that some fans do get carried away with their praise (in that they have a new "best anime of all time" every three months), but where we differ is that I don't try to get some cheap feeling of "superiority" by denouncing such people. I understand that entertainment is, well, somewhat reliant on being entertaining.

With you the matter is even more simple. People don't believe your critiques. They don't think you are being honest, but rather hate this show merely because it is popular and that your desire to be "better than the fanboys" replaces any actual real criticism.
Jul 3, 2014 8:45 PM

May 2010
"Stop disliking what I like" is what it all comes down to.
Jul 3, 2014 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
I don't like it. 12 episodes didn't satisfy me enough. I need more, but everything went too fast. Too fast as in time goes by way too fast that I couldn't enjoy it long enough.

It was great, 9.5/10 (because it needs more, when season 2 comes out I'll change it to 10/10)
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jul 4, 2014 2:54 AM

Apr 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
Nidhoeggr said:
I still don't understand why it's so important to this shows fans that it be loved unconditionally by absolutely all.

Because there is a difference between not liking something for a reason, and not liking something because it is a symbol of something you don't like.

Kaioshin for instance hates the show not for what it is intrinsically, but because he hates the one show every cour that, because it is entertaining, gets enthusiastic praise. Last two cours it was Kill La Kill, this cour it was NGNL. Now, in theory, I sympathize with Kaioshin and do understand that some fans do get carried away with their praise (in that they have a new "best anime of all time" every three months), but where we differ is that I don't try to get some cheap feeling of "superiority" by denouncing such people. I understand that entertainment is, well, somewhat reliant on being entertaining.

With you the matter is even more simple. People don't believe your critiques. They don't think you are being honest, but rather hate this show merely because it is popular and that your desire to be "better than the fanboys" replaces any actual real criticism.

I can't speak for Kaoishin (I doubt he is really just picking up a show for hating, though), but I dislike a show not because of its popualrity. I just really dislike most seasonals because for various reasons. NGNL's popularity might increase my awareness of the show and prompt me to frequent the forums more often, but the controversial ecchi, the rather farfetched solutions to the games and the core problems in characterization would still remain the same and would be criticized by me regardless if it was a show with 150k entires on MAL or 15k.
The same applies to a lot of people who defend these kind of shows outside of MAL, btw. In most blogs I read citing MAL ratings or reviews often only causes headshaking, rolling eyes, etc. Maybe I am sometimes too negative (I can't help it, I am German :P), but MAL is clearly way too forgiving and positive in the eyes of many as well. Finding the middle ground would be nice.

In any case, NGNL is still an ecchi with a phenomenal rating (higher than almost all Ghibli and Satoshi Kon movies!) and scored 10/10 by 36.5% of its userbase (23927 votes!), so complaining about NGNL being not appreciated and being looked down upon is silly to me. This is not a witch hunt to exterminate the endangered species "NGNL fan", this is just a diverging opinion that is bound to happen to be articulated. So fans should cool down a bit and accept that shows with underage girls being sexualized will most likely not be loved by everyone.

So yeah, we should all look at both merits and flaws of the series in a more neutral way because this would eb the best for all of us. That includes not defending farfetched plot points as natrural and it also incldues accepting the merits of the show, namely a good production, nice pacing and decent enough vocieacting for example.
NidhoeggrJul 4, 2014 3:03 AM
Jul 4, 2014 5:11 AM

Nov 2011
In the end, none of this matters to me. Both the anime and the LN are selling very well, and thats all I care about.

S2 can't come soon enough.

Jul 4, 2014 5:43 AM

Oct 2011
Good end for the good 1th season of good anime. I watched this anime series each week when it was ongoing. Great characters and good plot with normal drawing. Will wait new season (I'm sure, new season will be, because NGNL have hight score).

Jibril one love <3
Jul 4, 2014 4:56 PM

Dec 2009
I loved this anime so much.

Hopefully we'll get a second season. It has sold really well too. <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 4, 2014 8:49 PM

Feb 2013
Wasn't too bad although i'm upset that i called how they would win against the Warbeasts on both Games too...
But other than that the show was good characters made me laugh, the Video Game and Anime references made me chuckle as well. the plot was ok and something while i've seen done before (but not as well detailed like this). Art? art was actually really nice although it did hurt my eyes a few time :P...WIMP!!

Overall i give NGNL or No Game No Life a decent 7/10
here's hoping for a season 2!
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jul 4, 2014 10:46 PM

Nov 2012
I thought there won't be a second season anytime soon. The anime cover the LN up to 5 volume. And the LN 6th volume has just been released last April. I guess the second season won't come anytime soon in 2 or 3 years.
Jul 4, 2014 11:49 PM
Oct 2011
modsoulz said:
I thought there won't be a second season anytime soon. The anime cover the LN up to 5 volume. And the LN 6th volume has just been released last April. I guess the second season won't come anytime soon in 2 or 3 years.

Don't know what you are talking about it only covers up to volume 3
Jul 4, 2014 11:49 PM
Dec 2010
modsoulz said:

The anime covered up to vol 3, but spoiled parts of vol 4-6. So there's enough material for a second season.

Needs to be mentioned though that from what I heard the author is being treated for Stomach Cancer, so a second season isn't guaranteed.
Jul 5, 2014 12:31 AM

Nov 2012
Rawrdaysgoby said:
modsoulz said:

Don't know what you are talking about it only covers up to volume 3

Ohh. That's what my friend said to me. I also personally wonder that 5 books for only 12 episodes? No way.
scytheavatar said:
modsoulz said:

The anime covered up to vol 3, but spoiled parts of vol 4-6. So there's enough material for a second season.

Needs to be mentioned though that from what I heard the author is being treated for Stomach Cancer, so a second season isn't guaranteed.

That's some bad news. Let's just hope the author is gonna be daijobu.
Jul 6, 2014 4:12 AM
Jul 2009
modsoulz said:

scytheavatar said:

That's some bad news. Let's just hope the author is gonna be daijobu.

wait what? no.
unless he had a relapse or something he was cured 2 years back, that is where he got the time to plan out the draft for NGNL.
Jul 6, 2014 8:43 AM

Mar 2013
This anime rocks i just love it i`m hoping for a season 2 9/10 for me :)
Jul 6, 2014 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
Wow dat ending. Really really enjoyed this anime. Games + Anime = best <3

With this ending there "must" be a season 2. Maybe next year. I look forward to hear about that.

Overall 9/10. :)

Jul 6, 2014 7:28 PM

Dec 2012
8/10
Don't plan on getting into the manga so I'm hoping for the continuation of this series.
Jul 6, 2014 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
That cliffhanger ending is too much for me. Shit just happened all of the sudden.
Jul 7, 2014 7:55 PM

Nov 2011
animator 1: "oh noes, it's the last episode and Blank still doesnt have the Eastern Federation on their side, what should we do??"
animator 2: "coin toss. people will love it"
animator 1: "brilliant..!"
me: wtf just happened

edit: i think the creator just loves japanese baths. it's pretty much in every damn episode...
DreamingBeatsJul 7, 2014 8:54 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 8, 2014 1:16 AM

Mar 2014
DreamingBeats said:
animator 1: "oh noes, it's the last episode and Blank still doesnt have the Eastern Federation on their side, what should we do??"
animator 2: "coin toss. people will love it"
animator 1: "brilliant..!"
me: wtf just happened

edit: i think the creator just loves japanese baths. it's pretty much in every damn episode...

Based on a light novel. Not the animators idea o.O
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jul 8, 2014 1:43 AM

Dec 2013
They had legitimately generated a new definition of the word "epic"
NO SEQUEL NO LIFE

A freakishly wild ride, a solid 10 for this one.
Jul 8, 2014 5:11 PM

May 2009
At first I didn't noticed this season had ended. I was actually waiting for episode 13...

Oh well. I really liked this show. It was really entertaining and for the first time in my life I actually laughed at ecchi-ish moments in this show. in ANY show really.

This show might still be ending horrible. I mean.. if they're going to rush through all races (like the levels in SAO) I'm going to cry out loud and throw my laptop away.
I'm already imaging the first sentence in episode 1: "We ended up winning the next five races....." AW HELL NO.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 8, 2014 11:19 PM

Mar 2012
Problem Children done better....all that really needs to be said. 9/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 9, 2014 6:19 AM

Mar 2009
Marathoned it, got quite confusing and had to pause several times to make sure I read the subs properly to grasp it.

Good anime, I like the concept, and the games was fun to watch.

But I think it is a bit overrated. I didnt get really hyped and new characters seemed to be introduced so fast I didn't quite grasp what was going on. Especially that character with the coin toss challenge. Priestess something? Rank #1 something? Who the hell is she? When was she introduced to the series? It appears she just suddenly jumped into the series and the main character knows her and everything, felt like I missed something.

Rating this a 8/10, may rewatch it when next season is complete so I remember what has happend since then before starting next season, so may change the ratings up or down then.
Jul 9, 2014 6:23 AM

Nov 2012
Zyukichan said:
At first I didn't noticed this season had ended. I was actually waiting for episode 13...

Oh well. I really liked this show. It was really entertaining and for the first time in my life I actually laughed at ecchi-ish moments in this show. in ANY show really.

This show might still be ending horrible. I mean.. if they're going to rush through all races (like the levels in SAO) I'm going to cry out loud and throw my laptop away.
I'm already imaging the first sentence in episode 1: "We ended up winning the next five races....." AW HELL NO.

The story is still has a long road to run. And yeah I hope some unique story in the series. Not some cliche thing that we all already expected that the MC gonna will all games and all races to fight The God.
Jul 9, 2014 11:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Zyukichan said:
Just from reading the next volume after the anime ending I can pretty much guarantee that that's not going to happen, don't worry
Pages (21) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Hickykissy - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.