Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 28, 2014 8:37 PM

Jan 2014
Vinland 'Farmland' saga ketil farm arc accepted, already re-read it and just realized that was even better than Berserk.
Jun 29, 2014 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
I personally liked Yorkshin Arc more than Chimera Ant Arc.

And regarding arcs of other anime on par with CA/YS,Golden Age Arc,I'd say.
I haven't read Vinland Saga,but you are making me want to. I hope it won't be just letdown after all the hype I am getting from here.
Jun 29, 2014 8:07 AM
May 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
One Piece and Naruto

Really? *facepalm*
Jun 29, 2014 8:11 AM

Nov 2010
NHS-KEMISH said:
IntroverTurtle said:
One Piece and Naruto

Really? *facepalm*
Yes really.
Jun 29, 2014 8:13 AM

Feb 2014
While I personally like OP most, being my childhood anime, I don't think it had certain arcs where the story were as complex.
Jun 29, 2014 8:18 AM

Dec 2012
DejWoSWK said:

I haven't read Vinland Saga,but you are making me want to. I hope it won't be just letdown after all the hype I am getting from here.

''Hype'' is a weird way to describe it. Going with high expectations is never a good thing. Just go with normal expectations, if you could.
Jun 29, 2014 9:00 AM

Jun 2013
Bakuman
Jun 29, 2014 9:13 AM
Jun 2014
DejWoSWK said:

Vinland Saga is sort of like Berserk lite.
deauxeJun 29, 2014 9:16 AM
Jun 29, 2014 9:20 AM

Dec 2012
deauxe said:
DejWoSWK said:

Vinland Saga is sort of like Berserk lite.

And that's one of the things I like about it. Not too many chapters dedicated solely for gore, action, mindless slaying and nudity like Berserk.

It so much better than Berserk, it's not even comparable imo.
Jun 29, 2014 9:22 AM

Jun 2009
I'm not that shallow, but trying to put Vinland Saga on a pedestal over freaking Berserk isn't the best way to get people interested in the series imo.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2014 9:24 AM

Feb 2014
insan3Spectre said:
I'm not that shallow, but trying to put Vinland Saga on a pedestal over freaking Berserk isn't the best way to get people interested in the series imo.

I too dislike it when people dismiss something as a gore fest simply because it wasn't afraid to show some.
Jun 29, 2014 9:27 AM

Sep 2013
Gore is indeed hit or miss for people. I can see both sides. Truth be told though, would you judge a romance badly for having a romance? So why can't a horror have gore? It is a horror after all. In that sense it all depends on taste, and Berserk does gore along with incredible character development and a well thought out story along with gorgeous artwork. That's my 2 cents anyway. If it was mindless gore then sure, but it isn't, it's all for the sake of world building for the most part, it is the world Guts deals with. As for the nudity... It's based off medieval times, bound to be things like that all over the place, and the only time it's used mindlessly is again to show that it's the world guts deals with. Again I think it has to do with taste.
Jun 29, 2014 9:29 AM

Feb 2014
Keten said:
Gore is indeed hit or miss for people. I can see both sides. Truth be told though, would you judge a romance badly for having a romance? So why can't a horror have gore? It is a horror after all. In that sense it all depends on taste, and Berserk does gore along with incredible character development and a well thought out story along with gorgeous artwork. That's my 2 cents anyway. If it was mindless gore then sure, but it isn't it's all for the sake of world building, this is the world Guts deals with.

Some people argue that just because it had gore, it's all about gore, and lacks the qualities you mentioned.
There's no need to argue which is better, I think both are good series.
Jun 29, 2014 9:32 AM

Sep 2013
TonyTonyStark said:
Keten said:
Gore is indeed hit or miss for people. I can see both sides. Truth be told though, would you judge a romance badly for having a romance? So why can't a horror have gore? It is a horror after all. In that sense it all depends on taste, and Berserk does gore along with incredible character development and a well thought out story along with gorgeous artwork. That's my 2 cents anyway. If it was mindless gore then sure, but it isn't it's all for the sake of world building, this is the world Guts deals with.

Some people argue that just because it had gore, it's all about gore, and lacks the qualities you mentioned.

I have only started Vinland saga a little while ago. So far it is amazing and I can definitely see it reaching the heights of my favorite manga in the future. I have a personal attachment to Berserk though, it was the thing that made me truly start being passionate about anime, so it's hard to say if it would pass it.
Jun 29, 2014 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
insan3Spectre said:

Why ''freaking'' Berserk? aren't you putting it on a pedestal by that emphasis.

Berserk is just a manga. I didn't mention it out of nowhere, to describe the quality of Vinland Saga and put it on a pedestal. It happened because I replied to a post who brought up Berserk, and compared to Vinland Saga.

I'm not trying to get people interested in the Vinland Saga in the first place, I just felt like expressing some things that I liked about Vinland. Sure it would nice if more people started reading it, and discover it, (and some will, judging by this cluster fuck thread) but it's not something I care about personally, nothing to gain from that. Popularity is almost never a good thing for a fan imho.

Keten said:
Gore is indeed hit or miss for people. I can see both sides. Truth be told though, would you judge a romance badly for having a romance? So why can't a horror have gore? It is a horror after all. In that sense it all depends on taste, and Berserk does gore along with incredible character development and a well thought out story along with gorgeous artwork. That's my 2 cents anyway. If it was mindless gore then sure, but it isn't, it's all for the sake of world building for the most part, it is the world Guts deals with. As for the nudity... It's based off medieval times, bound to be things like that all over the place, and the only time it's used mindlessly is again to show that it's the world guts deals with. Again I think it has to do with taste.

Well here is where my opinion differs. Some of the gore, and nudity, build up the world of Berserk to what it is supposed to be. But I often find it excessive at times, and only there as fan-service, and a way to fill up pages.

As for nudity, it's to be expected in the timeline of Vinland Saga too, since there are literally salves and what not, and girls getting sold, but it never gives too much focus on it, or the gore present in the battlefields, they are brief, quick to the point and don't overstay their welcome. Making the reader pay attention and experience the story and what's really important, instead of shock value.

If I were to guess people don't criticize that abundance of these things in Berserk because they either like it, or they like the story and characters enough, for it to be a non-issue.

As for the gorgeous art, I personally never got the big deal about Miura's art. It's just ugly, detailed I suppose, but still ugly, and not exceptional in quality. I've seen tons of better manga in what comes art, that includes Vinland Saga. Inoue (Vagabond, REAL, SLAM Dunk) is miles better in art than Miura imho.
tsudecimoJun 29, 2014 10:13 AM
Jun 29, 2014 10:19 AM

Nov 2010
Keten said:
Romance = romance
Gore =/= horror

You don't need pages and pages of detailed gore to induce fear in someone, you actually don't even need any at all unlike how you need romance for it to be a romance. And even if there needs to be gore for some sort of mood or atmosphere, it can go overboard. When people complain about the gore, rape, etc in Berserk it's not usually that it has it at all. It's that there's so much and it's so graphic.
Jun 29, 2014 10:29 AM

Feb 2014
Keten said:
TonyTonyStark said:

I have only started Vinland saga a little while ago. So far it is amazing and I can definitely see it reaching the heights of my favorite manga in the future. I have a personal attachment to Berserk though, it was the thing that made me truly start being passionate about anime, so it's hard to say if it would pass it.

I don't really compare the two, both are solid and are as good as HxH in my opinion.
Jun 29, 2014 10:31 AM

Dec 2010
tsudecimo said:
As for the gorgeous art, I personally never got the big deal about Miura's art. It's just ugly, detailed I suppose, but still ugly, and not exceptional in quality. I've seen tons of better manga in what comes art, that includes Vinland Saga. Inoue (Vagabond, REAL, SLAM Dunk) is miles better in art than Miura imho.

When it comes to Miura's art, even though I consider some things about it not as exceptional as Inoue's art (the character faces and expressions in particular), I definitely think it's high quality stuff. Sure, it's gritty most of the time, but there are moments where I just have to stop and admire the art, which isn't something I normally do. Just my opinion, of course.
epicscreatorJun 29, 2014 10:42 AM
Jun 29, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Keten said:
Romance = romance
Gore =/= horror

You don't need pages and pages of detailed gore to induce fear in someone, you actually don't even need any at all unlike how you need romance for it to be a romance. And even if there needs to be gore for some sort of mood or atmosphere, it can go overboard. When people complain about the gore, rape, etc in Berserk it's not usually that it has it at all. It's that there's so much and it's so graphic.

Maybe romance was a bad example. I get what you mean, but I still think it depends on taste for the most part. I can understand some people not liking it, but honestly I love it for being so brutally honest about the world it's built.

I am not going to go on record claiming Berserk is the best thing evar, it just is to me and I feel there are a lot of merits for it as well. It can go overboard sometimes, but that never really bothered me, I just accepted it as how the world is in Berserk.

Edit: Also I don't love Berserk for the gore and nudity, I mean I do like the gore, but the characters and story are the things that entertain me about the series, as well as the incredible action sequences.
Jun 29, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2012
epicscreator said:
tsudecimo said:

When it comes to Miura's art, even though I consider some things about it not as exceptional as Inoue's art (the character faces and expressions in particular), I definitely think it's high quality stuff. Sure, it's gritty most of the time, but there are moments where I just have to stop and admire the art, which isn't something I normally. Just my opinion, of course.

Well art in particular is something hard to argue about. Since it's mostly personal preferences.

Maybe I just didn't notice, but there have been very few pages or panel that impressed me, and stuck to me, while there are countless of those for the four manga that I mentioned that were quite memorable. As for character faces, I agree, literally the only character expression I was in awe because of it, and was highly impressed was this:

Gut's other faces and specifically rage faces just make me go ''Ehhh..''
Jun 29, 2014 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
Keten said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Romance = romance
Gore =/= horror

Maybe romance was a bad example. I get what you mean, but I still think it depends on taste for the most part. I can understand some people not liking it, but honestly I love it for being so brutally honest about the world it's built.

I am not going to go on record claiming Berserk is the best thing evar, it just is to me and I feel there are a lot of merits for it as well. It can go overboard sometimes, but that never really bothered me, I just accepted it as how the world is in Berserk.

Edit: Also I don't love Berserk for the gore and nudity, I mean I do like the gore, but the characters and story are the things that entertain me about the series, as well as the incredible action sequences.

Hardly seen any happy go lucky show inducing fear though... (Unless we consider HxH to be HGL) (though I mean intimidating when I say fear since I never got a scary-horror vibe from manga)
Jun 29, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
@ tsudecimo

Yes, I was indeed putting it on a pedestal. That was my point. Saying all that about a critically acclaimed, well regarded series is either going to a) get people so hyped up for VS that it willl possibly dissapoint them or b) annoy a fan of Berserk and cause them to go into the series with a preconvieced dislike. Is that fair? No, of course it isn't. But, it could happen regardless.

Plus, I just don't think it's cool to cut down another series to try to prove a point as to why you/I/whoever likes it. There has to be a better way to handle stuff like that.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2010
Keten said:

I know what you're talking about. All I was saying is that gore is not needed in any story or any genre thus people can have a problem with it being there and even if it is needed some people can have a problem with how it's done, etc.

I personally am not a fan of gore almost at all but I tried my best to endure through it because I really liked the story, characters, art, etc in Berserk.
Jun 29, 2014 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
insan3Spectre said:
@ tsudecimo

Yes, I was indeed putting it on a pedestal. That was my point. Saying all that about a critically acclaimed, well regarded series is either going to a) get people so hyped up for VS that it willl possibly dissapoint them or b) annoy a fan of Berserk and cause them to go into the series with a preconvieced dislike. Is that fair? No, of course it isn't. But, it could happen regardless.

Plus, I just don't think it's cool to cut down another series to try to prove a point as to why you/I/whoever likes it. There has to be a better way to handle stuff like that.

Like giving the good and bad of something whilst providing examples of which that are not inherently spoiler filled. Comparing things is not the correct way to review something, because basing it off of something else causes a preconceived bias towards one series or another, unless you are doing it in a way that doesn't inherently bash another series, like saying this is sort of like this if you fused it with this. Though even then that is a pretty weird way of explaining something and is more for casual talk and a quick summary of what you think of the show, not actually how many merits it has as a good or bad series.
Jun 29, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't know that Berserk was critically acclaimed. First time hearing about this.
At any case, it was a quick way to express things about Vinland Saga, I agree that comparing things and cutting down another series as you put it, is not the way to go about it. I didn't have ill intentions in mind when I did, so my bad if it came off as that.
Jun 29, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2009
@ Keten

Yeah, pretty much that. Also, I agree with you about basically everything you said about Berserk. Except I'm not sure if it or HxH is my favorite manga.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
I didn't know that Berserk was critically acclaimed. First time hearing about this.
At any case, it was a quick way to express things about Vinland Saga, I agree that comparing things and cutting down another series as you put it, is not the way to go about it. I didn't have ill intentions in mind when I did, so my bad if it came off as that.

It's fine. I mean, you obviously don't hate Berserk, so it wasn't like you were bashing it or anything.

I do think though that when recommending things to people, if giving a summary of why it's good, personal feelings should be set aside due to the fact that just because one person has a good experience with something which boosted the marks in some way, doesn't mean the person you are recommending it to will have the same experience. Which is why I say I won't claim that everyone will like Berserk, because it isn't a series for everyone. (Most definitely not) lol
Jun 29, 2014 11:01 AM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
@ Keten

Yeah, pretty much that. Also, I agree with you about basically everything you said about Berserk. Except I'm not sure if it or HxH is my favorite manga.

Por que no los dos?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2014 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:

With all due respect, I can't find trace of the "ugliness" you're talking about in any those pieces:

All of those actually made me stop to look at the art for a moment before turning the page.

But yeah maybe Miura's artstyle just doesn't look appealing to you, it's perfectly possible. It could be the small lines or the "grit", I dunno. Anyway I checked back Inoue's art and frankly, both look stellar to me. Probably a slight preference for Inoue's work on Vagabond, but going as far as calling Miura's art ugly in comparison or ugly in general? Yeah, no. Just no.
SapewlothJun 29, 2014 11:14 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 29, 2014 11:09 AM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:

It's cool. And don't think I'm blind to the fact that there are HxH fans who have done this too.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
If you need a sexy Berserk picture, you need only look at my av.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
Sapewloth said:
[spoiler]
tsudecimo said:

With all due respect, I can't find trace of the "ugliness" you're talking about in any those pieces:

All of those actually made me stop to look at the art for a moment before turning the page.

But yeah maybe Miura's artstyle just doesn't look appealing to you, it's perfectly possible. It could be the small lines or the "grit", I dunno. Anyway I checked back Inoue's art and frankly, both look stellar to me. Probably a slight preference for Inoue's work on Vagabond, but going as far as calling Miura's art ugly in comparison or ugly in general? Yeah, no. Just no.
[/spoiler]
I didn't read any of these chapters, except for the dragon one I think, which is impressive.

When I say ugly I mean these, and particularly the faces of the characters (how they sometimes not wide enough vertically if that makes sense) it more apparent in the earlier volumes. Not gonna post a lot of examples, since that will take time, to pick the ones I mean. For now I will just mention Gut's face.

His face is drawn better after the golden age arc, or specifically when he gets the white and black hair. The art just doesn't appeal me, I get that some things are drawn and meant to be ugly (like those sick creatures), but I view some of the normal things ugly too, and aesthetically unpleasing. Case in point, Griffth, who is supposed to be beautiful, but I keep wondering how with how that face, and hair is drawn, a good comparison here is Sasaki from Vagabond, who is also supposed to be a beautiful man, with a boyish look, and that is indeed what I think of him, when I see him, he is very aesthetically pleasing. The lines, the excessive use of black or ''gritty'' as you put it, I just find it ugly.

Well I meant ugly in both cases, but I suppose, it's more apparent when compared to Inoue. Inoue's art is just beautifully drawn, it's something that I really get drawn into, and get lose in it, staring. And carefully paying attention to every detail of the art. I don't get that with Berserk because I'm only interested in the story and characters, and the art if anything just bothers me sometimes, not enough for me to consider it a flaw, but I still don't see how it's gorgeous, and deserving of the praise, aside from a few panels, and pages, like I mentioned earlier.

Well like I said, arguing about art is something difficult and I can't express myself to my best and not as easy as arguing about characters, plot, themes, etc.
tsudecimoJun 29, 2014 11:38 AM
Jun 29, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2013

I didn't read any of these chapters, except for the dragon one I think, which is impressive.

When I say ugly I mean these, and particularly the faces of the characters (how they sometimes not wide enough vertically if that makes sense) it more apparent in the earlier volumes.

His face is drawn better after the golden age arc, or specifically when he gets the white and black hair. The art just doesn't appeal me, I get that some things are drawn and meant to be ugly (like those sick creatures), but I view the normal things as ugly too, and athletically unpleasing. Case in point, Griffth, who is supposed to be beautiful, but I keep wondering how with how that face, and hair is drawn, a good comparison here is Sasaki from Vagabond, who is also supposed to be a beautiful man, with a boyish look, and that is indeed what I think of him, when I see him. The lines, the excessive use of black or ''gritty'' as you put it, I just find it ugly.

Well I meant in both cases, but I supposes, it's more apparent when compared to Inoue. Inoue's art is just beautifully drawn, it's something that I really get drawn into, and get lose in it, staring. And carefully paying attention to every detail of the art. I don't get that with Berserk because I'm only interested in the story and characters, and the art if anything just bothers me sometimes, not enough for me to consider it a flaw, but I still don't see how it's gorgeous, and deserving of the praise, aside from a few panels, and pages, like I mentioned earlier.

Well like I said, arguing about art is something difficult and I can't express myself to my best and not as easy as arguing about characters, plot, themes, etc.[/quote][/spoiler]

I can agree in some cases actually. Miura's art has evolved over the course of his writing. Honestly though, sometimes the expressions are well done, but the glorious art I was talking about was the landscapes and incredible details of dragons or apostles. I am totally blown away by some of the art. I will agree that sometimes the faces aren't quite expressive, though sometimes even with a simple glance Miura can express complex emotions. (I was looking for a certain image but I cannot find it.)
Jun 29, 2014 12:13 PM

Jun 2009
Welp, if anything, seeing these images makes me want to continue reading Berserk. Vinland Saga and Vagabond are going to have to wait a little while.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2014 12:59 PM

Mar 2014
The pics that Sape posted were beautiful, makes me wanna pick up Berserk again. Also just googled scans of Vagabond... THAT is beautiful.

But I think we can all agree that HxH has the best art ever. Hands down.
jreginaldJun 29, 2014 1:08 PM
Jun 29, 2014 1:23 PM

Jun 2009
Man, that really makes me appreciate the volume releases.....no fucking wonder Chimera ant was so controversial when it first ran.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2014 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:

''Hype'' is a weird way to describe it. Going with high expectations is never a good thing. Just go with normal expectations, if you could.

Lowering my expectations would probably be for the best.

And regarding gore and violence. I do not really mind gore when it is used right,to better express grittiness of situations.But I have few issues with gorefest,in which the entire point of gore is gore itself.
Jun 29, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2014
jreginald said:
But I think we can all agree that HxH has the best art ever. Hands down.

Togashi's art at its finest.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 29, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
To be fair, Togashi's recent art has been very good and sometimes even fantastic.

Got to wonder how he gets by with producing art like jreginald linked, though.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
Pure laziness, most likely.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

Jun 29, 2014 2:21 PM

Jun 2012
I'm glad he at least cleans up his art for the volumes. Wouldn't have put a dime into collecting the CA arc otherwise. Though Komugi's stereotypically southern way of talking in the Viz translations is.... kinda irksome.
Jun 29, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2009
Kaimon said:
I'm glad he at least cleans up his art for the volumes. Wouldn't have put a dime into collecting the CA arc otherwise. Though Komugi's stereotypically southern way of talking in the Viz translations is.... kinda irksome.

Really? I actually liked it, though I honestly only really skimmed through. Definitely preferable to over the fan translations that didn't even really bother to translate her speech quirks or at least not from what I can remember. I prefer her in the anime, though.

@ Sapewloth

No, I mean how Shounen Jump lets him get away with it.
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 29, 2014 2:29 PM

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2010
insan3Spectre said:

@ Sapewloth

Because he's really popular and his manga sell big whenever he does put a volume out.
Jun 29, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2012
insan3Spectre said:

Really? I actually liked it, thought I honestly only really skimmed. Definitely preferable to me over the fan translations that didn't even really bother to translate her speech quirks.

Sometimes it's cute but other times it's just ugh. Though If they manage to make it work during certain scenes in volume 30 I won't complain.
Jun 29, 2014 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
Kaimon said:

Really? I actually liked it, thought I honestly only really skimmed. Definitely preferable to me over the fan translations that didn't even really bother to translate her speech quirks. I prefer her in the anime, though.

@ Sapewloth

Maybe they realized the fans would still put up with Togashi's bullshit and buy the magazine anyway? I dunno.
His reputation might also play a part in Jump overlooking that kind of stuff.

edit: Turtle beat me to it.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

Jun 29, 2014 2:55 PM

Nov 2012
judals said:
insan3Spectre said:
@ Keten

Por que no los dos?

Corrección: La "e" de por que lleva tilde cuando se usa como pregunta :)
SuperRedJun 29, 2014 2:58 PM
Jun 29, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2014
People might bitch about this but fuck it, I'm calling it:

Togashi's art at its best shits on the big 3's art (and probably the rest of WSJ if I cared to read them).

And by best I mean when he's not being lazy.
Besides, he has no assisstants, how badass is that?
Jun 29, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2014
SuperRed said:
judals said:

Por que no los dos?

Lección: La "E" de por que lleva acento cuando se usa como pregunta :)

Por qué

Comme ce?

(I'm making this shit up hahaha)
Jun 29, 2014 2:56 PM

Dec 2012
Togashi's art is still overall pretty mediocre imo.

Keten said:

When I say ugly I mean these, and particularly the faces of the characters (how they sometimes not wide enough vertically if that makes sense) it more apparent in the earlier volumes.

His face is drawn better after the golden age arc, or specifically when he gets the white and black hair. The art just doesn't appeal me, I get that some things are drawn and meant to be ugly (like those sick creatures), but I view the normal things as ugly too, and athletically unpleasing. Case in point, Griffth, who is supposed to be beautiful, but I keep wondering how with how that face, and hair is drawn, a good comparison here is Sasaki from Vagabond, who is also supposed to be a beautiful man, with a boyish look, and that is indeed what I think of him, when I see him. The lines, the excessive use of black or ''gritty'' as you put it, I just find it ugly.

Well I meant in both cases, but I supposes, it's more apparent when compared to Inoue. Inoue's art is just beautifully drawn, it's something that I really get drawn into, and get lose in it, staring. And carefully paying attention to every detail of the art. I don't get that with Berserk because I'm only interested in the story and characters, and the art if anything just bothers me sometimes, not enough for me to consider it a flaw, but I still don't see how it's gorgeous, and deserving of the praise, aside from a few panels, and pages, like I mentioned earlier.

Well like I said, arguing about art is something difficult and I can't express myself to my best and not as easy as arguing about characters, plot, themes, etc.
[/spoiler]

I can agree in some cases actually. Miura's art has evolved over the course of his writing. Honestly though, sometimes the expressions are well done, but the glorious art I was talking about was the landscapes and incredible details of dragons or apostles. I am totally blown away by some of the art. I will agree that sometimes the faces aren't quite expressive, though sometimes even with a simple glance Miura can express complex emotions. (I was looking for a certain image but I cannot find it.)
[/quote]
I think I didn't pay much attention to the backgrounds and landscapes. Berserk was like the 30 something manga I read, so I don't remember much, maybe I just missed those great backgrounds you are talking about. The dragon one is pretty cool for example, but I only remembered it, after it was posted in this thread.

Well I unfortunately don't know what scene are you talking about. Was it after or before the eclipse?
Jun 29, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2014
Funny how my posts are immediately followed by very relevant posts right afterward by a creeping shadow haha
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
4 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.